Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,772 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe (38957 Views)

Girl Dies From Lethebo Rabalango's Speaker In His Church (Photos) / Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pastor Chris Oyakilome Allegedly Bans Singer, Sinach From Singing In His Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by stagger: 5:20pm On Feb 25, 2015
kayce911:
I got an interview invitation last Friday with one newly established company around Airport road, Rukpoku, Port Harcourt(name withheld). I was over-qualified, and I answered their questions perfectly, but what shocked me was when the interviewer asked me what church i attended.

I proudly answered "Catholic". His facial expression changed and he said "whoever doesn't pay tithe can hinder the growth of a company."

He even tried backing his statement with biblical quotations.I was very shocked so I can't even remember all the crap he said.

I brought this here to tell Nairalanders what religion has turned our people into.

Will a native doctor employ a church usher into his business?
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by spacefreak: 5:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
uzolexis:

It's not compulsory in the catholic church 2 pay tithe. They don't drum it into ur ears like other churches do....

Exactly.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by wunmi590(m): 5:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
kayce911:
I got an interview invitation last Friday with one newly established company around Airport road, Rukpoku, Port Harcourt(name withheld). I was over-qualified, and I answered their questions perfectly, but what shocked me was when the interviewer asked me what church i attended.

I proudly answered "Catholic". His facial expression changed and he said "whoever doesn't pay tithe can hinder the growth of a company."

He even tried backing his statement with biblical quotations.I was very shocked so I can't even remember all the crap he said.

I brought this here to tell Nairalanders what religion has turned our people into.

I am sure that what ever is yours will never pass you.

Am very sure that in this month of Lent, your new work that is more better than that will come. Keep praying and keep on the faith with our Mother Mary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by wunmi590(m): 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2015
eleko1:
What has Church/religion n tithe got to do with job? Those peeps that conduct the interview are clueless

Very clueless
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Plus234(m): 5:25pm On Feb 25, 2015
with out mentioning the company's name, i can conclude that the OP is a BIG LIAR
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2015
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2015
PastorKun:
The level of brainwashing in christiandom because of this tithing scam is pathetic. angry
you are the kind of pastors that bible branded as decievers, of which will arise at end time.
Having a form of Godliness but denying its power thereoff.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by eleko1: 5:30pm On Feb 25, 2015
On top of less than 30k salary wey they wan pay.Useless pipu
wunmi590:

Very clueless

1 Like

Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by jozz(m): 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2015
Tinyemeka:
undecided

I'm not kidding but these are signs of the End Times!

When nations shall rise against nations; fathers against daughters; Pentecostal against Catholics.

The End Times are we in! I tell you.

The only groups I know about that can slap and beat a brother who is down, on account of bible verses and Daddy GO, are Winners chapel and Christ Embassy.

No offence.

I could back up my claims with links if you like.
You took the words out of my mouth bro.Please share the links man.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by emerald20(f): 5:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
Well paying of tithes is good bt for a company to demand of such information is improper
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by SalC: 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
QueenAzibar:

yeah I'm Catholic too. all Catholic churches collect tithe. doesn't vary with parish as we are all one.
This is no entirely correct. Not all Catholics parishes pay tithe. Till date my parish doesn't pay tithe, but I've also been to parishes where tithe is being paid

And yes the Catholic church officially doesn't preach tithe now, that's why today, you don't hear of tithe being paid in Vatican.

sweetcocoa:
Not all.

The ones that even do, started not too long ago, it wasn't in the doctrines of the catholic church to pay tithe, they just couldn't see their pentecostal and other counterparts prosper from tithing extortion, without doing nothing, so they joined.smiley
You are very correct. And this is especially happening in Nigerian Catholic churches.

I remember some year back I read an interview the veteran actor Pete Edochie granted to one of these magazines published by seminarian in seminary schools, (either Enugu or Onitsha dioceses) I can't remember precisely.

Prior to then, I've never heard or seen people pay tithe in any Catholic church.

In that interview, Pete Edochie was like encouraging Catholic Churches to start collecting tithe like our pentecostal counterparts instead of depending on "merger collections" to fund the church. I was surprised! shocked

I went to Onitsha the next year (exactly in thesame church were I saw the magazine the previous year) to my surprise, they have started paying tithe!

Though they don't force people or threaten them with the so called devourer whatever, I wasn't happy about the development. Gradually today many priests are towing thesame path.

I still trust my Catholic brethren, they even give five or ten naira for tithe cheesy

But seriously this isn't right.

Vatican discontinued tithing and Nigeria is just introducing it. Smh

3 Likes

Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by nairabetguru(m): 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
Adva45:
How does this correlate to the issue at hand? The way you guys chant this like a mantra beats my imagination.

EmptyHen Like You tongue
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Mrbigman1(m): 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2015
Jeromejnr:
Catholics don't you pay tithe?
I have a Catholic friend and she pays tithes.

We pay tithes but it's not something they preach in church.

If u wanna pay, u pay at ur own discretion not on persuasion.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by nora544: 5:46pm On Feb 25, 2015
pastorKosiso:
You better learn how to pay your tithe.... You just invited the devourer... Better start paying and enjoy God's unending love...

and fill your pocket pastor where in the bible you read that christians have to tithe and god is not a money printing machine

Most or the tithe goes to this pastors with their jets and that is the prospertiy gospel which is a fake gospel.

that is why nigeria is in this mess
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by SalC: 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
kemnareal:
catholic do pay tithe my friend,d only tihn is dt they don't call out like penticostal churches,I pay my tithe always. Also yeye dey worry dt company joo
On the contrary, not all Catholics pay tithe, my parish doesn't pay tithe, and hey the Catholic parishes that collect tithe also call people out like the pentecostals, the only difference is; they don't threaten people or say you are a thief if you don't pay and also they don't keep record of it like most pentecostal churches do.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Ceegra: 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
Tithe isn't compulsory. The sons of isreal where under that mosaic law though its part of d bible but under christ law, christians are not under obligation to pay tithe.According to 2Cor:7 says"Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart nnot grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver". Greediness on d part of many so-called pastors cling to tithe collection. Sad to say many christian pay this tithe not because its purely from their heart but because they have been brainwashed into paying tithe.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by isacolukay(m): 5:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
eleko1:
What has Church/religion n tithe got to do with job? Those peeps that conduct the interview are clueless

Lols! Like the clueless one!

1 Like

Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by jozz(m): 5:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
Coldfeet:
I've never heard of such ridiculousness! So I am taking this info with a pinch of salt! Let op give more information like the name of the establishment and if possible the name of the interviewer, I don't see what the purpose of this thread if op is still shielding the people or person who made such an assertion.

So I agree with the poster you qouted we need more info.

Your skepticism is understood cos it has not happened to you or someone close to you.But it is a stark reality.As a few nairalanders have correctly observed,this occurs mostly with the members of the new gen churches. I have had cause to interact with them and they usually choose employees on religious basis, not only on issue of tithing but once u dont share the near fanatical ideas they have you dont get the job.Dont know the kind of indoctrination they receive.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Ceegra: 5:52pm On Feb 25, 2015
Sorry d bible verse is 2Cor9:7
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Dragonking: 5:57pm On Feb 25, 2015
kayojosephy:

What if he ask am for video coverage of him always paying tithe....

Ask the interviewer to show him his own first.. grin grin

guy, you need to be sharp wink
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Mrbigman1(m): 5:57pm On Feb 25, 2015
Muhammadkhan:
He should change a church

To what?
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by hardbody: 6:00pm On Feb 25, 2015
kayce911:

This is why i love my current job and my Chairman. He does not pretend about these things. No prayers before or after meetings, no coming together to sing praises, just get the job done and where the company returns profit at the agreed threshold, there is profit sharing.

In my last employment, they pray most, they lie most to junior staff and they pretend most to outsiders. I so could not work with the executive management because of the hypocrisy, I left.

I am a practical christian and believe strongly in Ecclesiastis 3: 3.....There is time for everything under the sun....

I am also aware that I should pray unceasingly, but i will rather pray the type that Nehemiah did when he was called in to see the king and make a request......He said a silent prayer in his heart....that place was neither a church nor a synagogue. Same way my office is what is it and the business of the office is office business

With the above thought process, how could anyone ask of my religion with a desire to know whether i pay tithe or not? Anyway, i could never have interviewed such an organisation in the first place.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 25, 2015
I cannot say one thing now and ur employer will say another thing....

That's all...
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2015
drnairalov:
sadmy brother I was also denied a job tuday sad with the excuse that I wasn't staying close to the organisation, even when I told them I just got a place available around there!!!! after all ma prayaz!!! when peeps b giving testimony in church me ma yansh go just dey glued to seat...are we serving different God. or is there a special kinda prayer you pray b4 GOD ANSWER YOU

Mehn bro,dont make me cry,we are both in the same shoes,as d first born of my family,it hasnt been easy without a job.i ve prayed and fasted as u ve said....i dont know what to do again....but i just have to keep trying...
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
Truckpusher:
Op the mofo that interviewed you is prolly keeping that job for someone else hence the flimsy excuses.
When I was in the labour market I saw some security men toss my cv into the trash can after making it difficult for me to access the company premises and out of desperation I gave it to them.

You'll see a lot of things but that shouldn't deter you from trying because it can be so frustrating .

Am in p.h...any tips to help me land a job.those security guys no be here oh
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
stagger:

Will a native doctor employ a church usher into his business?

Chai, nigga l don laugh with this ur comment.... grin grin
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
listlic:
You are a learner then. I went for a test, the guy who was in charge saw me typing my name and before he realized it, I had finished 20 questions in 5 mins. I am a mathematician and the questions didn't need any solving for me. He left the room, came back in and was just concentrating on me. I have never read Gmat before, and I had never done such test in my life before. When I finished the test, he asked me if I had done the test before, I SAID NO. He told me okay. I signed off and left. Immediately I took the elevator down to take a bus home, I received a message saying I didn't pass. I laughed..

My brother, vote for Goodluck na, and you will see that such people in the HR departments will keep treating us this way. Corruption, I have no idea how Buhari will tackle this, but I believe that in one way or the other, when such platform can be created, we can point fingers at organisations that are treating people in a disorderly way.

Infact this is a pure act of wickedness...Oga oh
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by hardbody: 6:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
IHate9ja1:

Mehn bro,dont make me cry,we are both in the same shoes,as d first born of my family,it hasnt easy without a job.i ve prayed and fasted as u ve said....i dont know what to do again....but i just have to keep trying...

Sincerely, I am touched. God will answer your prayers and provide you a job in Jesus name. Nations and people will serve you and you will become a reference point. Persevere and do not give up. Tidy up your CV and always prepare well for every interview. God is not done with you yet.

1 Like

Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by denitro(m): 6:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
The guys at the newly established company are smart.
Dude start paying your tithe
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Truckpusher(m): 6:13pm On Feb 25, 2015
IHate9ja1:

Am in p.h...any tips to help me land a job.those security guys no be here oh
grin The security men are simply jealous when they see a young vibrant young man full of hopes walking into that office and become their boss.
Just humble yourself before them and talk to them nicely till you get what you want then you can show them the other side of you.
I don't have anyone to link you to but you'd stand a great chance if you know somebody that works in the same outfit, at least you stand a chance to have a first hand info of what is going on at every point in time.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by eleko1: 6:13pm On Feb 25, 2015
grin cheesy wink grin grin grin grin
isacolukay:

Lols! Like the clueless one!
grin in oda word,Jona's Spirit dey control dem undecided
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by SalC: 6:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
Dragonking:

Ask the interviewer to show him his own first.. grin grin

guy, you need to be sharp wink
Lol interviewers can be funny sometimes but denying him that job for that reason isn't right.

Sometime ago my HOD interviewed a guy, after he answered every question and it's obvious he's qualified for the job, she threw the most ridiculous question "are you born again?"

Why it is funny here is because my HOD is a Rev Sr and the guy is a non-catholic, again the hospital is a Catholic hospital but they don't even consider people's religion during employ as we have many muslim employees. Again the Catholic notion of being born again differs from that of pentecostals. And this question is completely irrelevant around here yet she went ahead to ask him.

The guy looked at her and according to him, in his mind he was like "trick don enter this interview" grin

There and then the guy denied being born again! When he said no, she looked intensely at him and said "you will resume work on the first day of next month"

Till date we still make jest of the guy for denying his being born again because he acts like one, but he got the job anyway. grin

I could've understood if the said man asked the op the question and still gave him the job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! / Osinachi Nwachukwu’s Husband, Peter, Made Her Kids Hit Her — Reporter / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Arrives Benin, Set For Higher Life Conference 2017(PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.