Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? (2952 Views)

If Your Wife’s Ex Did This On Your Wedding Day, What Will You Do? / What's The Craziest Thing An Ex Did To You Shortly After A Break Up? / Mention One Good Thing Your Ex Did For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by FlyMe: 2:33am On Jan 09, 2009
Have you ever gotten back together with your ex? Who dumped who? Did it work? How long were you together? How long were you apart before reconnecting? What made you decide to reconnect?
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by topup: 3:19am On Jan 09, 2009
No replies sad
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by tpia: 3:19am On Jan 09, 2009
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by minute(f): 11:56am On Jan 09, 2009
No, i dont like going backwards,I like to go forward?
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 09, 2009
HONESTLY, I DON'T THINK BREAKING AND MAKING UP ARE THE SIGNS OF A GOOD AND LASTING RELATIONSHIP. IF IT HAPPENS ALWAYS, THERE'S NO NEED IN TRYING TO MAKE UP WITH UR EX. OR WHATEVER, JUST SHOVE IT ASIDE AND MOVE ON.
OKALAX.

Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2009
Well I think it’s a good thing if two people break up and date other people, only to get back together. It means that that what they have is real.

But the ‘making up’ should not be for all the wrong reasons. Sometimes, we meet only one person in the whole world who can make us happy. But then sometimes, it’s still not enough!!

I also think that every situation is unique. Follow your heart girl.
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by whitelexi(m): 2:18pm On Jan 09, 2009
Going back to an ex is just plain wrong. . . If it doesn't work the first time, forget it! I wont be giving one silly girl a 2nd opportunity to break my heart - no matter how much she wants it!
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2009
whitelexi:

Going back to an ex is just plain wrong. . . If it doesn't work the first time, forget it! I wont be giving one silly girl a 2nd opportunity to break my heart - no matter how much she wants it!

Well I don’t agree with you. What if you broke her heart and you sincerely want another chance to make things right. What if she has always loved you and in her heart she has always know she can never love another? Will you still think its a bd idea to go back?

Like I said earlier, every situation is unique.
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by iice(f): 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2009
FlyMe:

Have you ever gotten back together with your ex? Who dumped who? Did it work? How long were you together? How long were you apart before reconnecting? What made you decide to reconnect?

Hmmmm not really.  Once am done, am done.  No going back.
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by izeek(m): 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2009
kinda a diff call, xpecially when u knw how happy she made u feel all the time u dated.

but then look closely at the reasons u broke up, will u be able to handle them better now?

sometimes we break up relationships due to immaturity, and only get to realise this in a more stable time.

if this is the case, and u still love her she does same, then i think you can settle things through talking it out,

and finding ways to eliminate such issues in the future.

am saying this cos my ex just left my office now, and i knw how happy i was back with her.

and having looked issue tru, it was plain youthfulness that split us.

too bad now its too late. but then a little patience would have helped.
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by Monicaa: 10:16pm On Jan 09, 2009
Ujujoan:

Well I think it’s a good thing if two people break up and date other people, only to get back together. It means that that what they have is real.

But the ‘making up’ should not be for all the wrong reasons. Sometimes, we meet only one person in the whole world who can make us happy. But then sometimes, it’s still not enough!!

I also think that every situation is unique. Follow your heart girl.

I agree with you. Every situation is unique. People have different opinions, some would call you a fool n say it's wrong, others would say it's right but I believe it all narrows down to the individual at the end, sometimes it may be for the best n sometimes for the worst so it could go both ways
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by TOYOSI20(f): 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2009
Wouldnt even consider it too, he obviously is an EX for a reason!!!!!!!!! wink
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:38pm On Jan 10, 2009
nope, and don't intend to. Ex's are past and are meant to stay that way.

moreover,  if it didn't work the first time, what makes you think its gona work the second time.
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by Treetop20(m): 10:43pm On Jan 10, 2009
sometimes getting back together can
be an absolute mistake. other times
it could actually work out for the better
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by Moonstone(f): 10:43pm On Jan 10, 2009
Yeah. . . it was fun getting back with him. We were freer than we used to be.
And no - it did not work. He's my ex for a very solid reason.
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by Sauron1: 10:45pm On Jan 10, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

nope, and don't intend to. Ex's are past and are meant to stay that way.

moreover,  if it didn't work the first time, what makes you think its gona work the second time.

MINT!!!!

However, is there anything wrong getting together with an ex for a quick shag?? wink wink
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by poshangel: 10:47pm On Jan 10, 2009
FlyMe:

Have you ever gotten back together with your ex?  Did it work?

it works if u are trying to get over him for good
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by nana(f): 12:22am On Jan 11, 2009
We broke up for a reason/reasons. We broke up because we made mistakes we couldn't ignore. Why go back to something u've dumped in ur past? More reason why it's better to keep distances from ur ex's esp. the ones u still have a lil thingy for.

Like my Primary school's motto: Forward Ever,Backward Never.
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by tope2000(f): 12:24am On Jan 11, 2009
nana:

We broke up for a reason/reasons. We broke up because we made mistakes we couldn't ignore. Why go back to something u've dumped in ur past? More reason why it's better to keep distances from ur ex's esp. the ones u still have a little thingy for.

Like my Primary school's motto: Forward Ever,Backward Never.

Gbam!!!! wink
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by HRhotness(f): 12:35am On Jan 11, 2009
it is easy to say stuff like "an ex is ex for a reason" but in reality it would depend largely on why u broke up in d first place and how much individual growth and the changes that hav occured.

sometimes its a case of just not being ready. . . i hav seen situations where breakups hav actually help relationships grow stronger. . .  ofcourse when u hav to breakup more than once, then d writing is on d wall
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by Czarskit(m): 12:58am On Jan 11, 2009
I wouldn't even think of going back.Coz I know for sure that'll it'll work out. Definitely!

And coz it'll work out is enuff reason for me not to go back.

Every relationship is an experience, so I'd rather move on with what I've learnt, rather than learn and sit back.

Too easy. undecided
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by JJYOU: 1:01am On Jan 11, 2009
dont camp around your past.
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by bigboyslim(m): 1:07am On Jan 11, 2009
Personally, I haven't, but I wouldn't use that as a basis to conclude that getting back with ex'es is an abomination, each relationship is unique as you will agree and while getting back might not be the most brilliant idea for some couples, for others, it might be the only chance they'll ever have at experiencing true happiness in their lives. Only you have the right information to be able to make a good decision of getting back or not with your ex.
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by C2H5OH(f): 1:09am On Jan 11, 2009
HR.hotness:

it is easy to say stuff like "an ex is ex for a reason" but in reality it would depend largely on why u broke up in d first place and how much individual growth and the changes that hav occured.

sometimes its a case of just not being ready. . . i hav seen situations where breakups hav actually help relationships grow stronger. . . ofcourse when u hav to breakup more than once, then d writing is on d wall

bigboyslim:

Personally, I haven't, but I wouldn't use that as a basis to conclude that getting back with ex'es is an abomination, each relationship is unique as you will agree and while getting back might not be the most brilliant idea for some couples, for others, it might be the only chance they'll ever have at experiencing true happiness in their lives. Only you have the right information to be able to make a good decision of getting back or not with your ex.

wink
Re: Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? by kaynik(f): 1:03pm On Jan 11, 2009
i think it depends on the individuals involved.breakups sometimes happen due to immaturity or family influence and if u can overcome these obstacles why not?besides i have seen relationships that really worked the second time.if u think d guy is cooll then i'll advice that u date him who knows, he could just be THE 1.

(1) (Reply)

What Will U Do If Your Wife Is A Nympho? / What Are Your Heartbreak Symptoms? / Ma Embarrassing Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.