Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:08 PM

Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg (26579 Views)

Naira Gains as Nigeria’s Central Bank Boosts Dollar Supplies - Bloomberg / Nigerian Cenbank Sells $100m As Naira Pulls Back From Record Low - Bloomberg / Nigeria One Of The Fastest Growing Economy Globally – US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by victorazy(m): 11:38pm On Feb 28, 2015
I wish GEJ will rule till next 20yrs undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by ollyruffy: 11:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
Lol. This must be a scam sponsored by JonaThief.

Imagine Nigeria ranked above Singapore, UAE and South Korea.

Rubbish.

All these is to decieve gullible nigerians.

#GEJMUSTGO2015#
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by femmycares(m): 11:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
I observed most of those supporting GEJ on this thread are igbos.If I should go by the paper work been propagated by PDP which is far from reality,permit me to say only the economy of the south eastern part of the country is growing.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by MrCork: 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
100Cents:

You need to come again. Things have changed since you left..

...how?...where? ...bro do u realize when I left my hotel to go for a walk around 6.30pm....I waz chased across the road by a wild chicken.. Bro we don't even see wild chickens hear in London

...so I ask u brother....what changed?
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:50pm On Feb 28, 2015
piagetskinner:
Fastest growing economy only on statistical charts. how has it impacted the life of the ordinary everyday nigerian huh? Whn the rate of poverty is escalating@ a geometric progression... ur data should be predicated on real facts and figures not some assumed poo

Oh it is based on some very REAL facts and figures, all the stronger for their independence!

So where is all the wealth going? I think most Nigerians know the answer to this already!

I worked for a company once who gave me a driver. I would tip him often as a small appreciation and give him small gifts for his family when he assisted me with extras like shopping or small errands. I learned to my horror that he had not been paid for six months! I asked why he did not leave them.

He said that he made MUCH more money from tips and gifts from me than his regular salary from the company!

I was being paid as much per day as he was paid per month BUT the company was charging MY services to their client at FOUR to FIVE times my rate! So where did the bulk of the money go?

My rates were just average for Europe (slightly lower actually) so they could EASILY have afforded to double his salary or MORE! But the greed of the Oga's! Ahhhh the greed of the Oga's!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by 100Cents: 11:52pm On Feb 28, 2015
MrCork:

...how?...where? ...bro do u realize when I left my hotel to go for a walk around 6.30pm....I waz chased across the road by a wild chicken.. Bro we don't even see wild chickens hear in London

...so I ask u brother.... what changed ?
angry

APC CHANGE.

SAI GEJ.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by supernigga(m): 11:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
scribble:

My brother stop complaining and make more naira

Every economy has hard times talkless of developing

Let us become industrious and leave government alone to create the environment

The greatest nations in the world emerged from the darkest of times

Nigerians will have a more dignified seat at the table in due course.

This story is proof. Bloomberg does not sell propaganda.

Their founder is a billionaire in dollars like Murdoch. His name is Bloomberg, it's his brand. He won't tarnish it for goodluck or entire Niger Delta region.

They're not making this up.

GEJ is working contrary to the hogwash APC is tryna sell
men what u r talking trapannese? ur r talking of being industrious, can u tell me hw the govt has helP in this area, the supporting factors that contribute to an industrious nation is inadequate, for real I don't see hw the above stat relate to Nigeria, if the economy is growing the average citizens will definetly feel it, stop say sh±t bcus ur Pocket has been trasformed by some corrupt govt.this current govt has failed Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by appini: 11:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
NaLaugh:
Wake me up when these statistics reflect on the average Nigerian.

I heard there are also beggars in the streets of New York.

Eyes that look are common. Eyes that see are rare. - Oswald Sanders

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Twinmama(f): 11:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
50calibre:
Who's the drunk guy at Bloomberg churning out this garbage?

Bloomberg should send a few of its staff on a fact finding mission to Nigeria, hopefully after spending a week, they'd review that ranking.

6th fastest growing economy yet still has one of the highest rates of poverty & unemployment in the world. How do we reconcile this? I guess it 6th fastest growing on paper only.

. Just like the Israelites, the best thing they know how to do best is to complain, and complain even after all the signs and wonders God has done, they were never grateful. Pls try to atleast commend this government, nobody will force you to vote for him, vote for anybody u want but for once in your life, appreciate ur country, even when others are saying good about your country, you are still here saying ill about your country? My brother pls change ur thinking. God bless you, God bless Nigeria and I WILL EAT the GOOD of the LAND.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by abbasbo003(m): 11:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
Yes the economy is growing, but it's only growing into their private account not into the country account, yes economy is growing but ppl in the ccountry can't eat good or full meal a day, yes economy is growing but jonathan is creating more thieves and criminals, yes the economy is growing but naira is more useless currency in the world (199 naira to 1 dollar) economy is growing president just bought 10th presidential jets, building extremely houses in his home town with hotels, economy is growing boko haram wasn't defeated since until the election getting close, using that to fool ppl for reelection.
It will not be well for who so ever that wish Nigeria bad and who so ever that vote or support(ed) PDP and Jonathan for reelection...U will never see peace till ur 10th generation. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by MrCork: 11:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
100Cents:

APC CHANGE.

SAI GEJ.

...What is ABC?,....bro r u ok? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Harzan(m): 12:00am On Mar 01, 2015
Pedagogue:
Our economy is essentially INFORMAL. So, anybody that expects it to conform to theoretical expectations is living in a fool's paradise.

The economy is just like electricity. If it has improved YOU WILL DEFINITELY FEEL IT.
What's the point in saying our economy is the largest in Africa when 1 dollar = 211 naira and 1pound= 309 naira!!!

Things have never been this bad. The Rich are getting richer. The poor are getting poorer.

On March 28, Nigerians will tell GEJ/PDP the real truth about the economy.

A vote for the re-election of GEJ is a vote for the THEORETICAL improvement of the economy and power supply.

The era of deceit is gone.

Sai Buhari.

#End shall never #wonder ooh my brother...
Infact, u are going too far.
The last time I checked, one Ghanaian Cedi is now 63 Naira.
Fresh air, only from those with AC.
God bless Nigeria o jareee!
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by mrrock: 12:01am On Mar 01, 2015
This's good news!. Unfortunately, it will be bad news to APC supporters. The only news APC supporters love about Nigeria is bad news.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by gerona: 12:05am On Mar 01, 2015
Facebook news feed post by: Olabisi Babatunde
Olabisi Babatunde shared the following link and had this to say about it:

PLS BABES OF THE MOST HIGH GOD SAVE ME FROM A STRANGE & RUDE PHONE CALL.
Good evening babes Admins & the blessed babes in the house...Pls there is an unknown guy with this phone number 08107433335 calling my daughter from Facebook since yesternight,saying he want to date her...my daughter reported to me that he has called her more than 230times within few hours,i picked his call & told him to stop the call that the girl is still a teenager.
To my surprise this guy keep calling us,abusing us & saying a lots of rubbish till now & his calls don't even allow good profitable calls to enter again...pls,kindly bail me out o...i don't know what to do again...my daughter is almost crying pls...His phone number again 08107433335.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=859371214104830&set=gm.869519839757582&type=1&relevant_count=1
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by datribune: 12:07am On Mar 01, 2015
ollyruffy:
Lol. This must be a scam sponsored by JonaThief.

Imagine Nigeria ranked above Singapore, UAE and South Korea.

Rubbish.

All these is to decieve gullible nigerians.

#GEJMUSTGO2015#

Iweala forges national statistics - Prof Soludo

I CONCUR

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by shegsrules(m): 12:07am On Mar 01, 2015
From $1 = 158 to $1 = 221 this same lie of economy growth on paper, make the truth comot abeg.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by nzeadachie: 12:09am On Mar 01, 2015
ynusaa:
Fastest growing economy indeed.
THIS WAS DURING OBASANJO REGIME, HERE IS JONATHAN'S TRAIN, NO HANGING

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by tomzman: 12:10am On Mar 01, 2015
Let's keep fooling ourselves with these silly statistics and see where it would lead us. 6th fastest growing economy and the common man feeds on less than a Dollar per day.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by mrnuur(m): 12:21am On Mar 01, 2015
Lies! Lies!! Lies!!!
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by lanrock(m): 12:22am On Mar 01, 2015
If nigeria is 6th largest economy, it has to be on paper not in real life. God will safe us from clueless government by march 28.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by nzeadachie: 12:23am On Mar 01, 2015
tomzman:
Let's keep fooling ourselves with these silly statistics and see where it would lead us. 6th fastest growing economy and the common man feeds on less than a Dollar per day.
NO, IF YOU MAKE YOUR MONEY YOU GO STRAIGHT AND SUMMIT IT TO BABA IJEBU AND KEEP ON BLAMING JONATHAN

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by emeka2847: 12:25am On Mar 01, 2015
Garbage

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Bifwoli: 12:34am On Mar 01, 2015
GEJ baking the 6th fastest growing national cake.

while GMB is growing the 2nd most deadly terror group-boko haram .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by brownlord: 1:00am On Mar 01, 2015
50calibre:
Who's the drunk guy at Bloomberg churning out this garbage?

Bloomberg should send a few of its staff on a fact finding mission to Nigeria, hopefully after spending a week, they'd review that ranking.

6th fastest growing economy yet still has one of the highest rates of poverty & unemployment in the world. How do we reconcile this? I guess it 6th fastest growing on paper only.

Brainless mofo, sit down and wait for government to come dole out millions to shows you the economy is growing, idiat, years back we import frozen food from neighboring country cotonou, search around you and find something to do and stop waiting for government, idiat

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by udeh3(m): 1:02am On Mar 01, 2015
The facts remains that Nigeria economy has grown over the years. It's a pity that in Nigeria government is the major employer of labour, this is absurd.

This has made the Nigerian people to be over-dependent on the government... to an extend it's like it's the government that dictate the way you run your life. This is not suppose to be so!

Most of the developed countries cannot even survive if they totally depend on their government for survival. Just imagine how many Govt. Tertiary institution are in Nigeria, imagin how much the government spent on re-current expenditure, how will this development will all are clamoring for comes to reality when the govt alone feeds all the 36 states.

Put your ideas into action... Idea rules the world
Godbless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by brownlord: 1:04am On Mar 01, 2015
emeka2847:
Garbage

Yes, just sit down dey wait make government come feed you, since na so china and others with the big economy they do.

The time you used in editing those silly pictures you used on this thread will be enough to do something meaningful that will make the growth reflect on your life. Sit down and be waiting for another immigration interview

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Ugosample(m): 1:06am On Mar 01, 2015
The Nigerian economy is growing, and that is an incontrovertible fact. but the economy is not developing , and this is so because economic growth just looks at the growth in output of a country, while economic development is mainly qualitative in Nature, as it considers standard of living improvements, among a whole lot of indicators. So while the economy is growing, the economy nor developing.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by coldFLARES1(m): 1:07am On Mar 01, 2015
This is the type of news those dimwitted gangs that gatecrashed into power are waiting for. A feel-good 'story for the gods'.

Tomorrow, I expect Metuh and FFK to call separate world press conference to tell us how our Jesus Christ made this possible.

I expect Jonathan, at the next presidential media chat, to emphasise how he used technology to hack into the ingenuity that brought this 'achievement'.

I expect Mama Piss, in her next campaign stop to tell us how only a digital hubby that was clicking away on a computer that was switched off, during a commissioning, could make this halleluyah achievement possible.

I expect the PDP to say it's a gain from the 'transformasonal azenda' of Mr President when the naira is battered against major currencies.

I expect retards on NL to chant GEJ till ....

..And I expect bloomberg to retract this trash because reasonable people see a parallel between their assertion and the reality that stares us all.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by coldFLARES1(m): 1:21am On Mar 01, 2015
gerona:
Facebook news feed post by: Olabisi Babatunde
Olabisi Babatunde shared the following link and had this to say about it:

PLS BABES OF THE MOST HIGH GOD SAVE ME FROM A STRANGE & RUDE PHONE CALL.
Good evening babes Admins & the blessed babes in the house...Pls there is an unknown guy with this phone number 08107433335 calling my daughter from Facebook since yesternight,saying he want to date her...my daughter reported to me that he has called her more than 230times within few hours,i picked his call & told him to stop the call that the girl is still a teenager.
To my surprise this guy keep calling us,abusing us & saying a lots of rubbish till now & his calls don't even allow good profitable calls to enter again...pls,kindly bail me out o...i don't know what to do again...my daughter is almost crying pls...His phone number again 08107433335.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=859371214104830&set=gm.869519839757582&type=1&relevant_count=1
step1: change her line
step 2: educate her not to accept frienship requests or like pages indiscriminately.

So the mama want make we call the guy ni?
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by mightycrown1(m): 1:23am On Mar 01, 2015
emeka2847:
Garbage
i tire o.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Onliie(m): 1:43am On Mar 01, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

GROWING ON PAPER AND ON AUNTY NGOZI'S iPad WHILE 90 PERCENT OF NIGERIANS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO SHOUT GEJ TILL 2019 LIVES IN ABJECT POVERTY undecided

Sai Buhari cool
where did you get your statistics from? 90% live in abject poverty? You people just like to assume the worst of everything

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by johnnybelove(m): 1:57am On Mar 01, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

GROWING ON PAPER AND ON AUNTY NGOZI'S iPad WHILE 90 PERCENT OF NIGERIANS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO SHOUT GEJ TILL 2019 LIVES IN ABJECT POVERTY undecided

Sai Buhari cool

If you are living in abject poverty, how come u take get MB post for NL, better be Transformd and see the CHANGE you seek, rather than ask for Change when there is no conductor wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Become A Baxi Box Agent And Earn Commissions / Wheelbarrow Shopping: Shopping With A Difference / Why Naira Depreciated By 23% In 4 Days — Currency Dealers, Analysts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.