Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg (26364 Views)

Naira Gains as Nigeria’s Central Bank Boosts Dollar Supplies - Bloomberg / Nigerian Cenbank Sells $100m As Naira Pulls Back From Record Low - Bloomberg / Nigeria One Of The Fastest Growing Economy Globally – US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by 100Cents: 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
jdbrasco:
In APC voice "GEJ don go bribe Bloomberg, u go see am for nations newspaper tomrw say na bribe GEJ bribe dem to rank Nija high" Lol. GEJ! Fwrd ever

They are even insulting me all over here as if I work with Blomberg.. smh..

You know that Buhari is a frustrated man. Do you know what it means losing elections 3 good times and contesting the 4th time without certificate against a man called GOODLUCK ?

Imo, the frustration trickles down. Let them keep blaming GOODLUCK.

A wise man blames himself for his woes. Inside him lies the inherent power to surmount all challenges of life - 100Cents..
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by dumodust(m): 10:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
989900:

I don't think even my 10 year old needs to be lectured on the disadvantages of a mono-economy, nor the fact of life that you'r as good (financially) as what you earn.

You will notice that I keep using the quote “Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive.": while your points are not lies, they only tell one side of the story: in some parts, what we refer to as chicanery -- propagated by this administration.

It can be tiring, writing the same things over and over on different threads, that's why I referred you to that other thread.

This thread too is a useful one https://www.nairaland.com/2169324/oil-price-crash-nigeria-top read the commens too, between those 2 threads you will find my train of thoughts.

Excerpts from a user (LRNZH) on that thread:

It will be good to add that, the elections and it's postponement is a big factor too.

As much as you can have a devalued currency even, you can't afford to have a 'free-falling'/epileptic currency --never!

Personally, I do not have any affiliation, or love for either of the parties, nor the candidates; just worried about the economy and it's effect on millions of Nigerians . . . most don't get it yet -- it's about to get very hot!
yeah, the uncertainty of the elections and postponement are contributing too... everything is currently in a lull because of it. The diversification has been a chronic illness since oil cursed us... even most youths want an oil job... who wants to be a farmer? That's the problem...
Our reserves certainly dwindled in this administration and all the politicians in power irrespective of party got their share which makes us all guilty because we were all mute (I remember okonjo iweala rsused alarm intermittently but was ignored) however even if it was 100 billion will still be wasted on shoring up the naia and delaying the inevitable, it will be wiped out in weeks
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by jdbrasco(m): 10:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
100Cents:

They are even insulting me all over here as if I work with Blomberg.. smh..

You know that Buhari is a frustrated man. Do you know what it means losing elections 3 good times and contesting the 4th time without certificate against a man called GOODLUCK ?

Imo, the frustration trickles down. Let them keep blaming GOODLUCK.

A wise man blames himself for his woes. Inside him lies the inherent power to surmount all challenges of life - 100Cents..
Hahaha, we can't afford to be taken back by Buhari or any of those old leaders. Nigerian are wiser now
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by simdam500(m): 11:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
Who is bloomberg

Is it some people that works for GEJ?
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
simdam500:
Who is bloomberg

Is it some people that works for GEJ?

No it is not.

Bloomberg L.P. is a privately held financial software, data and media company.

Its findings are NOT an endorsement of any Government or Policy as some here are trying to maintain. They are independent and factual.

If anything they raise the question of who is benefiting from all this. It certainly is not the average Nigerian.

These finding cannot be used to bolster EITHER side in your current election campaign they are simply independent and factual as mentioned. Not everything in the world is about your election you know.

I merely hope the election will be free and fair and the result accepted peacefully irrespective of WHICH side wins.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by igbo2011(m): 1:34am On Mar 02, 2015
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by AjanleKoko: 7:04pm On Mar 02, 2015
igbo2011:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjgJ2KpyJ5w

Very interesting talk. Makes some very interesting points also.
Truth is, African leaders are not interested in developing Africa. More likely, the African leader of today does not understand what true development is all about.

Most of the leadership prefer the quick routes to easy money in exchange for valuable resources, from the West, or from China. They don't see the need to empower their people, and evolve a national development culture. All because most of them don't want to lose their grip on power.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by CharleyCharley: 2:45pm On May 29, 2016
Pedagogue:
Our economy is essentially INFORMAL. So, anybody that expects it to conform to theoretical expectations is living in a fool's paradise.

The economy is just like electricity. If it has improved YOU WILL DEFINITELY FEEL IT.
What's the point in saying our economy is the largest in Africa when 1 dollar = 211 naira and 1pound= 309 naira!!!

Things have never been this bad. The Rich are getting richer. The poor are getting poorer.

On March 28, Nigerians will tell GEJ/PDP the real truth about the economy.

A vote for the re-election of GEJ is a vote for the THEORETICAL improvement of the economy and power supply.

The era of deceit is gone.

[size=28pt]Sai Buhari.[/size]

grin grin
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by CharleyCharley: 2:52pm On May 29, 2016
bondingman:
then someone will come call for a certificateless sick old bigot to come rubbish this great achievement like d Lagos metro rail line, mtcheeeew!

It seems you saw into the future. wink wink

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by CharleyCharley: 2:54pm On May 29, 2016
Misogynist2014:
Pseudo economics. Nigeria is fast growing but the per capita income when we remove the few business moguls and politicians is as low as can be possibly imagined. We are not fooled, we need CHANGE!

How far you & your change? grin grin
How market? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

N120bn Aviation Fund: UBA And Jimoh Ibrahim Disagree / Cross River 23MW Power Plant In Pictures / Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.