Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg (26334 Views)

Naira Gains as Nigeria’s Central Bank Boosts Dollar Supplies - Bloomberg / Nigerian Cenbank Sells $100m As Naira Pulls Back From Record Low - Bloomberg / Nigeria One Of The Fastest Growing Economy Globally – US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by mpowa(m): 3:22am On Mar 01, 2015
This stupid economy that keep on growing but people keep on suffering ehn! it's just like the 1.4million jobs they say they give every year and we don't know anyone employed, we'll send this kind of SUFFERING-AND-SMILING economy packing come march 28th.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by nzeadachie: 3:29am On Mar 01, 2015
mpowa:
This stupid economy that keep on growing but people keep on suffering ehn! it's just like the 1.4million jobs they say they give every year and we don't know anyone employed, we'll send this kind of SUFFERING-AND-SMILING economy packing come march 28th.
STAY THERE, BUHARI IS ABOUT TO COLLECT SOME MONEY TO MAKE HIS COWS 300 AND YOU'RE HERE TALKING NONSENSE

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by mpowa(m): 3:50am On Mar 01, 2015
udeh3:
The facts remains that Nigeria economy has grown over the years. It's a pity that in Nigeria government is the major employer of labour, this is absurd.

This has made the Nigerian people to be over-dependent on the government... to an extend it's like it's the government that dictate the way you run your life. This is not suppose to be so!

Most of the developed countries cannot even survive if they totally depend on their government for survival. Just imagine how many Govt. Tertiary institution are in Nigeria, imagin how much the government spent on re-current expenditure, how will this development will all are clamoring for comes to reality when the govt alone feeds all the 36 states.

Put your ideas into action... Idea rules the world
Godbless Nigeria!

So now it is motivational speaking ehn? we don't need motivational messages from government, leave that to the motivational speakers. what we ask for is not hard, enabling environment.

You mentioned developed countries, is it thesame environment, before there government demand what they'll do for country, they do for them 1st, now I'm in the dark and mosquito will not let me sleep, you're there saying dt, we hear everyday where the nation's wealth is going, there's basket everywhere in this government, the economy might have boomed in this regime but people's lives are worse off, - simple question - WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING? They privatised power, but power is worse off, the tariff is higher, while the service is poorer and government keeps funding them. whatever stupid company put that nonsense statistics together must be high on a very Strong WEED.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by InvertedHammer: 4:04am On Mar 01, 2015
Read the article again and the statement is very noticeable "Nigeria is projected to expand by 4.9% this year".
It is a prediction which is as accurate as the yearly predictions we get from pastors at the beginning of every year. Nothing about the statement should be celebrated.

That's all.
\
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by sammhi(m): 5:44am On Mar 01, 2015
Pedagogue:
Our economy is essentially INFORMAL. So, anybody that expects it to conform to theoretical expectations is living in a fool's paradise.

The economy is just like electricity. If it has improved YOU WILL DEFINITELY FEEL IT.
What's the point in saying our economy is the largest in Africa when 1 dollar = 211 naira and 1pound= 309 naira!!!

Things have never been this bad. The Rich are getting richer. The poor are getting poorer.

On March 28, Nigerians will tell GEJ/PDP the real truth about the economy.

A vote for the re-election of GEJ is a vote for the THEORETICAL improvement of the economy and power supply.

The era of deceit is gone.

Sai Buhari.

obviously your knowledge of economics is limited but I will explain to you:
Nigeria is said to be A GROWING economy. ..NOT A DEVELOPED economy....more like you have a child... if the child is growing people will know and tell you that means the child can talk to you , laugh with you, walk etc but that child is growing but not matured ..that child cant cook for you yet etc
so also is a growing economy..it can respond to you ..that is people can invest in it and they will have a return on their investment (ROI)
For instance, There is shopping company called SHOPRITE..five years ago it was only in Lagos but now in many states in Nigeria. Why? because they know the economy can support their business

look at private universiites...so many. Why? because the owners knows the Nigerian economy can support it ....I can go on and on

The point is that a growing economy has potentials that any investor can tap into....investors here are not only big business but even small businesses like a recharge card seller, mini supermarket, one man business services like engineers, builders, bricklayers ,plumbers ,shoemakers etc. so in a growing economy if you have a service or product to sell , you can make some money....just find a skill or business start something it will respond to you. That is a growing economy...
on the other side , the GEJ govt has employed more doctors , nurses and other paramedical than at any other time.... I know a hospital that has been looking for a radiographer for more than a year and cant get one. Why? most are employed by govt.. and few people get to study the course
secondly, most Nigerians cant tap into the economy either because they have no skills or business acumen ..our education is too limited but if you can start something, you wil make some money ..that is the beauty of a growing economy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 01, 2015
bright007:
another goodnews

GEJ is super working

fresh air everywhere all the way from Otueke
tank u my love
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by anonimi: 6:02am On Mar 01, 2015
Ksslib:
The economy keeps rising but the masses are not feeling its positive impact.

Even Socrates will struggle to crack this Paradox.

Those waiting for dash dash handouts like ALMAJIRIS and area boys or those WAITING for salary employment instead of jobs where they can actually WORK and earn a living in DIGNITY will surely not feel any impact of our steadily progressively reviving economy.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2074992_railundergej_jpegb752115eeff042f1ac683175dcb01f05

Benin-Ore road

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2075037_img20141224160235_jpegf846a01c41a360cf2815def3a61a9219

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2085409_hh_jpeg07b0e6e05a4624e7545331a83b844508

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2112078_bvthridcmaabgmp_jpegcc27eb92c81ab837ea93db90ccbbd5a5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2125941_ktc_jpeg27f69e07c2bf532213dfb4ebc98e46f7

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by October1960: 6:41am On Mar 01, 2015
Really? Hmm well I guess things have changed in Nigeria in the past few weeks. There is regular electricity, better roads, better hospitals, better public schools and lower unemployment.

I see that for those of us connected as friends or families of government officials things are great! We can go overseas to give birth to our children, buy houses cash with public money, invest money from the Nigerian treasury, send our children to schools in UK and US, enjoy good roads, hospitals plus law and order we deny fellow citizens.

Corruption apparently pays for those connected to politicians and government officials. Everything is rosy for us fortunate to be born into the "right" family of stealing politicians and government officials. The economy for us is great!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by babsthegreat: 7:23am On Mar 01, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
Sai GEJ abeg.....Shuuuo! grin
bad english
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 01, 2015
hansad:

DO NOT GO TO WORK. WAIT FOR IWEALLA TO BE BRINGING YOU FOOD TO YOUR TABLE EVERY MEAL TIME.

POVERTY SHALL FOLLOW YOU ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE SINCE YOU REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE ECONOMIC GROWTH IN NIGERIA BECAUSE NGOZI OKONJO IWEALLA IS PILOTING THE ECONOMY. BIGOT OF THE 1ST ORDER.

WHEN BUHARI PILOTED THE ECONOMY, EVERY NIGERIAN WAS QUEUING FROM MORNING TILL NIGHT UNDER SCORCHING SUN AND HEAVY RAIN TO OBTAIN ITEMS LIKE SUGAR, TEA, RICE, ETC., WHICH BUHARI CALLED ESSENTIAL COMMODITIES.

THEN BUHARI SOLDIERS WOULD FLOG YOU WITH HORSE WHIPS BEFORE THEY COULD GIVE YOU BUHARI'S ESSENTIAL COMMODITIES.

BUHARI HAS NOT GONE FOR FURTHER EDUCATION SINCE THEN TO LEARN HOW A COUNTRY'S ECONOMY IS ELEVATED.

FOR PLACING THAT CURSE ON YOUR GENERATION, IT SHALL NEVER BE WELL WITH YOU AND YOUR UNBORN CHILDREN. YOU ALL SHALL LACK AND NEVER SEE THE GLORY OF GOD. POVERTY, HUNGER AND PLAGUE SHALL BE YOUR FAMILY IDENTITY IN THE SOCIETY. IT SHALL COME TO PASS
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Horllamideh(m): 7:58am On Mar 01, 2015
Never again will PDP stick out abstract achievement in our face......Sai buhari all the way
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by QuiverBox(f): 8:02am On Mar 01, 2015
[quote
thor=searching4love post=31183185] undecided

GROWING ON PAPER AND ON AUNTY NGOZI'S iPad WHILE 90 PERCENT OF NIGERIANS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO SHOUT GEJ TILL 2019 LIVES IN ABJECT POVERTY undecided

Sai Buhari cool
[/quote]

Where are your statistics for the 90% you mentioned
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by QuiverBox(f): 8:06am On Mar 01, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

GROWING ON PAPER AND ON AUNTY NGOZI'S iPad WHILE 90 PERCENT OF NIGERIANS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO SHOUT GEJ TILL 2019 LIVES IN ABJECT POVERTY undecided

Sai Buhari cool

Where are your statistics for the 90% you mentioned
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by M4gunners: 8:10am On Mar 01, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

Sai Buhari cool
I reject it I'm not living in poverty.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by aveiro(m): 9:05am On Mar 01, 2015
wich fast growing economy

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by willyede(m): 9:19am On Mar 01, 2015
Devauling the naira stimulates export and that is one thing i must admit Jonathan is doing very well. As times goes on Importation becomes meaningless and we will have to source from withing.#
I laugh when people say we are still poor. China is the leader when it come to the asian Tigers but they still have poor folks there. They was a time the Us was telling China to stop devauling their currency. To me i must admit Jonathan is working and its best we give him a second term

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by 989900: 10:11am On Mar 01, 2015
willyede:
Devauling the naira stimulates export and that is one thing i must admit Jonathan is doing very well. As times goes on Importation becomes meaningless and we will have to source from withing.#
I laugh when people say we are still poor. China is the leader when it come to the asian Tigers but they still have poor folks there. They was a time the Us was telling China to stop devauling their currency. To me i must admit Jonathan is working and its best we give him a second term

Really?! Why don't we just devalue it to N1,000 to $1; stimulate massive export. undecided

If it helps, find out what China did to it's corrupt leaders, and how many hours of stable electricity supply China enjoys.

“Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive."
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by 989900: 10:12am On Mar 01, 2015
Go home Bloomberg, you'r drunk.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Revolva(m): 10:15am On Mar 01, 2015
is it the Nigeria i live in or where?
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by nerilove(m): 10:31am On Mar 01, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

Sai Buhari cool
My friend, you should commend the president for doing great to the economy. Go to places and see things for yourself. GEJ has done well. Mind you, I'm VERY comfortable and I believe you are too or do u beg on the street?
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by callmenow: 10:41am On Mar 01, 2015
Very sad that APC stalwarts are blind to what people are feeling home and abroad
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by tommynico(m): 10:49am On Mar 01, 2015
Pedagogue
post=31183204:

Our economy is essentially INFORMAL. So,
anybody that expects it to conform to theoretical expectations is living
in a fool's paradise.

The economy is just like electricity. If it has improved YOU WILL
DEFINITELY FEEL IT.
What's the point in saying our economy is the largest in Africa when 1
dollar = 211 naira and 1pound= 309 naira!!!

Things have never been this bad. The Rich are getting richer. The poor
are getting poorer.

On March 28, Nigerians will tell GEJ/PDP the real truth about the
economy.

A vote for the re-election of GEJ is a vote for the THEORETICAL
improvement of the economy and power supply.

The era of deceit is gone.

Sai Buhari.

wat is the exchange rate of the japanese yen against the dollar? find the answer nd u will see that it's only for a while as we will bounce back much stronger, av faith.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by dumodust(m): 10:59am On Mar 01, 2015
sammhi:

obviously your knowledge of economics is limited but I will explain to you:
Nigeria is said to be A GROWING economy. ..NOT A DEVELOPED economy....more like you have a child... if the child is growing people will know and tell you that means the child can talk to you , laugh with you, walk etc but that child is growing but not matured ..that child cant cook for you yet etc
so also is a growing economy..it can respond to you ..that is people can invest in it and they will have a return on their investment (ROI)
For instance, There is shopping company called SHOPRITE..five years ago it was only in Lagos but now in many states in Nigeria. Why? because they know the economy can support their business

look at private universiites...so many. Why? because the owners knows the Nigerian economy can support it ....I can go on and on

The point is that a growing economy has potentials that any investor can tap into....investors here are not only big business but even small businesses like a recharge card seller, mini supermarket, one man business services like engineers, builders, bricklayers ,plumbers ,shoemakers etc. so in a growing economy if you have a service or product to sell , you can make some money....just find a skill or business start something it will respond to you. That is a growing economy...
on the other side , the GEJ govt has employed more doctors , nurses and other paramedical than at any other time.... I know a hospital that has been looking for a radiographer for more than a year and cant get one. Why? most are employed by govt.. and few people get to study the course
secondly, most Nigerians cant tap into the economy either because they have no skills or business acumen ..our education is too limited but if you can start something, you wil make some money ..that is the beauty of a growing economy
thank u bro for your common sense... to some people in nigeria, everything is politically coloured and govt must do everything. These are people that are not ready to work...eg most govt workers
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by dumodust(m): 11:05am On Mar 01, 2015
989900:

Really?! Why don't we just devalue it to N1,000 to $1; stimulate massive export. undecided

If it helps, find out what China did to it's corrupt leaders, and how many hours of stable electricity supply China enjoys.

“Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive."
bro stop arguing, he's right... the currency had to be devalued in view of current strains from oil price slump. Its a worldwide phenomenon and on percentage devaluation basis, its even worse in countries like venezuela, russia etc... everybody's swearing for saudi arabia.
Currency exchange is based on demand and supply for a particular currency, exporting more than importing (where u nid to buy dollars) creates a better exchange. Our country and economy is oil driven. Its certainly time to diversify
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by GreatFatherson: 11:51am On Mar 01, 2015
dumodust:

bro stop arguing, he's right... the currency had to be devalued in view of current strains from oil price slump. Its a worldwide phenomenon and on percentage devaluation basis, its even worse in countries like venezuela, russia etc... everybody's swearing for saudi arabia.
Currency exchange is based on demand and supply for a particular currency, exporting more than importing (where u nid to buy dollars) creates a better exchange. Our country and economy is oil driven. Its certainly time to diversify

My brother don't bother trying to explain these things to people have become stone deaf because of politics. They will only curse you in their usual way and scream their usual Sai.

The economy is moving forward and foreigners are trooping to our country to invest and reap great rewards while these who are the real 'clueless' ones keep on wishing that only bad news such as boko haram conquests come out of our beloved country.

Have a blessed Sunday!
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

Sai Buhari cool
Tharr, so you and all those shouting change are not also leaving in abject poverty.

Do you have a bankable idea that can employ at least 10 people? go and apply for you win, the government would happily fund your business idea.
Please do this and stop blaming GEJ for your misfortunes

Don't even know if you know how to write a good business proposal undecided
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
mpowa:
stay there na, keep deceiving your self and change.
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
Weselion:
Tharr, so you and all those shouting change are not also leaving in abject poverty.

Do you have a bankable idea that can employ at least 10 people? go and apply for you win, the government would happily fund your business idea.
Please do this and stop blaming GEJ for your misfortunes

Don't even know if you know how to write a good business proposal undecided

Bleep you and you win
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by mezebel(f): 12:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
killuminati:
GEJ is a clueless Baboon

Sambo is a FAT Pig

imPatience? "She's a Sheepo" - Soyinka

FFK is Fool

Fayose is a local Dog

Mimiko is Rat

Koro the criminal

JK, I don't know

Wike is a Cultist

PDP is Boko Haram
and ur mama is what?
Re: Nigeria: The 6th Fastest Growing Economy In The World - Bloomberg by phransix147(m): 12:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
Lies... These are the true people deceiving GEJ

Fastest growing my foot statistics accounts to nothing if the masses can't feel any improvement...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Easy-to-do Online Jobs You Can Do From Home Without Any Skill / Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency / The Richest People In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.