Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,300 members, 7,954,196 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:00 PM

Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle (25593 Views)

Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) / Man Killed While Negotiating With A Commercial Sex Worker / My Pick-pocket Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by PidginYarns: 4:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
E no get any way wey u fit know o. Most of dem dey wear suit self dey speak good English. Dem go sit down for back seat but things go dey miss for front
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Sijo01(f): 4:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
They're always uncomfortable in their sit. Dem go dey shift up and down like say craw craw dey dear nyash.
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by bondingman: 4:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
....how can they pick my pocket in my car angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by spicytayomic(m): 4:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
On point
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by auntymi(f): 4:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
Kk
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by nairabetguru(m): 4:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
"He might start talking about football, politics, or how GEJ is clueless" grin grin grin
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
Next!!!
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by dulux07(m): 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
idee91:

I'll never forgive you for this statement....
its you and your family members that would rot in jail by the special grace of God.

Dont mind the dolt joor. some pple r jst fools n dumb, if u dont ve anything better to say, cant you jst shut up, is it a must u comment. Nice post my brother, very useful.

3 Likes

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by finestiyke(m): 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
idee91:

Its not ur fault o... God has said it would happen.
just try and be more careful.

How can you say that God has said it will happen?? What nonsense? God said that his phone will be stole? Like seriously?

1 Like

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by tabuski(m): 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
THEY LOOK CLUELESS LIKE GEJ
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by tabaski: 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
they be like sheep look
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by money121(m): 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
emrain:
and here is a criminal reporting himself. I hope the government are seeing this post. this op deserves to rot in jail. he's a hardened criminal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by money121(m): 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
bondingman:
....how can they pick my pocket in my car angry

oga ade check the topic now..

"Commercial Vehicle)" not car..

U dy brag make we no say u sef don get one pangolo..

Smh for u...

5 Likes

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by murtalaa(m): 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
OP is so on point that I really dont blame those accusing him of being a culprit. Never knew how I lost money that fateful day until now. Just knew that I checked the money, board a taxi, alighted and the money was gone. Even then I knew, albeit late, the character who sat beside me was definitely the one who stole my money. Was very lucky because if he had been on my other side, my iphone 5 would have gone instead of the measly three thousand the poverty-ridden dunce took.

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by siegfried99(m): 5:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
^^ grin grin
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by wagazala: 5:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
enoqueen:
*And make sure anybody sitting close to you put their hands were u can see them* grin grin

I was going to quote this too....sounds like a scene from a movie..Lol.

But OP's points are valid. I had a guy pick me once, unfortunately for him I was listening to music via my earphones so I was startled when the music went off. All I could see was the other end of my earphone hanging loose then I pounced on the guy beside me. We were seated on the last row in the bus so nobody else could have reached me, but I was rather late. His partner had dropped at the next bus stop with my phone but after several brushing I got my phone back.

OP sometimes they come in two's. Be weary of fully grown adults that insist on lapping each other in the bus too.....ensure the put their hands where you can see em too... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by dulux07(m): 5:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
Sexydevil:
it takes a criminal to recognize a criminal true or false? undecided

FALSE.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
LewisO:
(op) What's wrong with you, why are u using only "He"? Picking pocket involves... "He" and "She". So stop making it look like a single gender thing. Women too picks pocket as well, there's is even unknowable u won't know when he pick pocket u join sef.undecided

For most of them mind wey dey read the topic now be say na only man dey pick pocket. undecided
Lol.
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by fairheven: 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
All this na tori,come to cele bus stop,along oshodi apapa exp.way tomorrow between 5-6am an I will show u at least 3 of them,infact I once pleaded with a policeman to arrest one,but tge guy honestly,told me that if he does,the thief wud be released the following day.
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by tonero230(m): 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
idee91:
pick pockets are every where now, every state in Nigeria. Dont think because you, or any of your family members or friends, have not been a victim in this case, then you neglect this important tips. Economy Harsh o, so you cant afford to loose your phones, money or wallet. That wallet especially, cos ur identification cards might be in it, ur ATM and other important documents.
lemme dont bore u with too much introductions, these tips keeps u alert at all time.

1. He keeps pretending to be saerching for money from his pocket to pay the conductor, in that process his magical fingers must have tampered with ur properties. they are very fast, so beware.

2.They usually have something they use to cover their laps for example a poly bag, a sweater( that kind heat dey catch me, i con comot am wink ), or some kinda bag sha, they use it to 1st cover wat they've stolen from you before putting it in the bag or sweater pocket diplomatically.

3. He tries to change his position anytime a passenger drops from the vehicle. going to explore more potential assets cool.

4. He might start talking about football, politics, or how GEJ is clueless(TANoids no vex o), Abi how buhari forged certificate, just to divert the attention of his prey. so beware.

5. In town, they normally board a bus and drop within a very short distance. If a passenger that sat near you does that, check your pocket o.

6. Appearance does not matter my brothers and sisters, even someone that suits up could be a pick pocket, so be vigilant.

7. They normally carry out their operations on weekend, when they know the business men and women carry money to the market, and others carry money for domestic shoppings at the market.

8. They are very fast. if you are fortunate enough to notice that your phoone or wallet is not more in ur pocket, b4 u shout yeeeeh shocked !!!!, dem don drop ur property for chair back.

Advice:
No matter how tight your jeans trouser is, they could remove anything from your pocket be it back or front, without you knowing. maybe na charm sha. i no know. so when you are about entering a bus, remove your phones and wallet and hold them in ur hands.
And make sure anybody sitting close to you put their hands were u can see them. grin

share ur personal experiences.......... mine coming soon............

It takes a criminal to know a criminal.
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Sexydevil(m): 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
dulux07:

FALSE.

so says the criminal grin

1 Like

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by deebrain(m): 5:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
100 percent.

Number 6 is 120 percent.

The day one pick pocket was caught in Ikeja, Lagos, my mouth was wide open for 10 mins!

Smooth shaved. Clean designer clothes. Jewelry. Perfumed. Like, it would be the least person you would have suspected to steal anything.

He was caught with 3000 naira. He actually stole the money from an agbero loading a shoprite bus.

So shocking.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Vainglory: 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
enoqueen:
*And make sure anybody sitting close to you put their hands were u can see them* grin grin
And how exactly are we to do that? By ordering everybody to put their hands up?

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by VellyG(m): 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
I remember when I lost my curve 3 that year. Nigga beside kept sneezing like 20 times and I was getting furious over it not knowing he was picking my phone.He alighted within a shortwhile. Two minutes after he came down i felt very light and checked ma pocket behold it was gone.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by bondingman: 5:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
money121:

oga ade check the topic now..

"Commercial Vehicle)" not car..

U dy brag make we no say u sef don get one pangolo..

Smh for u...
embarassed
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hahahaha!
enoqueen:
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by killercute16(m): 5:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
menix:
Yes!! dont b fooled by looks cous i was fooled by one day b4 ysterday.

Their latest strategy is using their laps to d trick.

Guess u wondering ow possible?

D last i caught lasy yr was on a nice native clothing, if it was possible i could asked d driver to stop d car cous dis dude kept coughing lik som1 wiv a deadly cough not knowing as he coghed he wuld use his lap to rub my pocket in a backward stroke, after a while my phone was off my pocket buh Jah was on my side.

Ehen!! dat of this week d guy was adjusting back nd foward using his Lap to d magic, i looked at him nd was fooled by his looks.
Lo nd behold, i jst took 4 step after alightin frm d vehicle to check my nairaland update, omo i nearly search my boxers join...
Hiohiohiohiohahahaha.
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by 3kay945(m): 5:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
idee91:
pick pockets are every where now, every state in Nigeria. Dont think because you, or any of your family members or friends, have not been a victim in this case, then you neglect this important tips. Economy Harsh o, so you cant afford to loose your phones, money or wallet. That wallet especially, cos ur identification cards might be in it, ur ATM and other important documents.
lemme dont bore u with too much introductions, these tips keeps u alert at all time.

1. He keeps pretending to be saerching for money from his pocket to pay the conductor, in that process his magical fingers must have tampered with ur properties. they are very fast, so beware.

2.They usually have something they use to cover their laps for example a poly bag, a sweater( that kind heat dey catch me, i con comot am wink ), or some kinda bag sha, they use it to 1st cover wat they've stolen from you before putting it in the bag or sweater pocket diplomatically.

3. He tries to change his position anytime a passenger drops from the vehicle. going to explore more potential assets cool.

4. He might start talking about football, politics, or how GEJ is clueless(TANoids no vex o), Abi how buhari forged certificate, just to divert the attention of his prey. so beware.

5. In town, they normally board a bus and drop within a very short distance. If a passenger that sat near you does that, check your pocket o.

6. Appearance does not matter my brothers and sisters, even someone that suits up could be a pick pocket, so be vigilant.

7. They normally carry out their operations on weekend, when they know the business men and women carry money to the market, and others carry money for domestic shoppings at the market.

8. They are very fast. if you are fortunate enough to notice that your phoone or wallet is not more in ur pocket, b4 u shout yeeeeh shocked !!!!, dem don drop ur property for chair back.

Advice:
No matter how tight your jeans trouser is, they could remove anything from your pocket be it back or front, without you knowing. maybe na charm sha. i no know. so when you are about entering a bus, remove your phones and wallet and hold them in ur hands.
And make sure anybody sitting close to you put their hands were u can see them. grin

share ur personal experiences.......... mine coming soon............

I was once a victim. I noticed the dude was smart, very ugly and nervous cos he wiped his face with handkerchief every 10second interval.
He succeeded in taken away my Nokia phone in a commercial bus.
He disappeared at the next available bus stop.
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by LewisO: 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
auntymi:
Kk
Stop kk-ing. angry
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by dulux07(m): 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
Sexydevil:

so says the criminal grin

SMH, does a detective have to be a criminal b4 he understands the ways of a criminal, or does a medical doctor have to be infected by a particular disease b4 he understands the symptoms, or does a psychiatrist have to be mad before he understands the ways of mad pple.DEFINITELY NOT. it all balls down to studying, knowledge n experience. i am very sure u b OLODO for ur school, because u ve lil knowledge, thats y u r posting rubbish. grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 27, 2015
PidginYarns:
E no get any way wey u fit know o. Most of dem dey wear suit self dey speak good English. Dem go sit down for back seat but things go dey miss for front
grin grin grin grin grin grin...leaving the robbed feeling like an utter fool grin grin grin sad

Happened to me, na God save me as I no check my pocket come board bike grin grin grin. On reaching my destination, the rest is history embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
God bless you, good Samaritan cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fake Drug Manufacturers Arrested By Police In Lagos, Materials Recovered (Photos / Sulaimon Olufemi's Family Pleads For Clemency After 18 Years On Death Row / Punch's Adetayo Olalekan Car Stolen Outside First Bank Premises In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.