Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:49 PM

Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle (25595 Views)

Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) / Man Killed While Negotiating With A Commercial Sex Worker / My Pick-pocket Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by LewisO: 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
emrain:
and here is a criminal reporting himself. I hope the government are seeing this post. this op deserves to rot in jail. he's a hardened criminal.

3 Likes

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by 3kay945(m): 5:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
deebrain:
100 percent.

Number 6 is 120 percent.

The day one pick pocket was caught in Ikeja, Lagos, my mouth was wide open for 10 mins!

Smooth shaved. Clean designer clothes. Jewelry. Perfumed. Like, it would be the least person you would have suspected to steal anything.

He was caught with 3000 naira. He actually stole the money from an agbero loading a shoprite bus.

So shocking.

You might be right but as for me o anytime I have to sit beside ugly dude in commercial bus I remembered when I was picked so my hands will be in my pocket throughout the journey.
Also, from my personal experience, thieves, touts, ritualist etc are always looking worwor.
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by stagger: 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
menix:
Yes!! dont b fooled by looks cous i was fooled by one day b4 ysterday.

Their latest strategy is using their laps to d trick.

Guess u wondering ow possible?

D last i caught lasy yr was on a nice native clothing, if it was possible i could asked d driver to stop d car cous dis dude kept coughing lik som1 wiv a deadly cough not knowing as he coghed he wuld use his lap to rub my pocket in a backward stroke, after a while my phone was off my pocket buh Jah was on my side.

Ehen!! dat of this week d guy was adjusting back nd foward using his Lap to d magic, i looked at him nd was fooled by his looks.
Lo nd behold, i jst took 4 step after alightin frm d vehicle to check my nairaland update, omo i nearly search my boxers join...

Only boxers? U for search your blokos join naaa....

1 Like

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by tejpot(m): 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
menix:
Yes!! dont b fooled by looks cous i was fooled by one day b4 ysterday.

Their latest strategy is using their laps to d trick.

Guess u wondering ow possible?

D last i caught lasy yr was on a nice native clothing, if it was possible i could asked d driver to stop d car cous dis dude kept coughing lik som1 wiv a deadly cough not knowing as he coghed he wuld use his lap to rub my pocket in a backward stroke, after a while my phone was off my pocket buh Jah was on my side.

Ehen!! dat of this week d guy was adjusting back nd foward using his Lap to d magic, i looked at him nd was fooled by his looks.
Lo nd behold, i jst took 4 step after alightin frm d vehicle to check my nairaland update, omo i nearly search my boxers join...

Oh my God! this was exactly how a guy swindled me of my phone. He had a smoke and was coughing heavily. I wanted to check Nairaland update, i cannot cry. It happend to me in obalende, Just about a month ago. God pass them!
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by killercute16(m): 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
Mine was when i waz 7yrs old,me and my mum was going to get some stuff at lagos island,after we came down fron the bus and joined the usual crowd,there comes the bastärd,the he-diot kept behaving somehow,i was suspecting him but my mum didnt notice him,he kept walking close to us,then this baba bring out coin oh slash mumsi bag,bundle of cash fell.....*i shouted Mummy*my mum caught the he-goat,the guy recieve small beating b4 some pple seperated them.....Mumsy sha buy me that thing i like

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by stephanieJoy: 5:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
emrain:
and here is a criminal reporting himself. I hope the government are seeing this post. this op deserves to rot in jail. he's a hardened criminal.
you are really frustrated, how dare u call someone a hardened criminal? Are u one of those suffering gor unemployment cos of GEJ? Oloriburuku, barawo, shege banza.

3 Likes

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by harry509: 5:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
idee91:
pick pockets are every where now, every state in Nigeria. Dont think because you, or any of your family members or friends, have not been a victim in this case, then you neglect this important tips. Economy Harsh o, so you cant afford to loose your phones, money or wallet. That wallet especially, cos ur identification cards might be in it, ur ATM and other important documents.
lemme dont bore u with too much introductions, these tips keeps u alert at all time.

1. He keeps pretending to be saerching for money from his pocket to pay the conductor, in that process his magical fingers must have tampered with ur properties. they are very fast, so beware.

2.They usually have something they use to cover their laps for example a poly bag, a sweater( that kind heat dey catch me, i con comot am wink ), or some kinda bag sha, they use it to 1st cover wat they've stolen from you before putting it in the bag or sweater pocket diplomatically.

3. He tries to change his position anytime a passenger drops from the vehicle. going to explore more potential assets cool.

4. He might start talking about football, politics, or how GEJ is clueless(TANoids no vex o), Abi how buhari forged certificate, just to divert the attention of his prey. so beware.

5. In town, they normally board a bus and drop within a very short distance. If a passenger that sat near you does that, check your pocket o.

6. Appearance does not matter my brothers and sisters, even someone that suits up could be a pick pocket, so be vigilant.

7. They normally carry out their operations on weekend, when they know the business men and women carry money to the market, and others carry money for domestic shoppings at the market.

8. They are very fast. if you are fortunate enough to notice that your phoone or wallet is not more in ur pocket, b4 u shout yeeeeh shocked !!!!, dem don drop ur property for chair back.

Advice:
No matter how tight your jeans trouser is, they could remove anything from your pocket be it back or front, without you knowing. maybe na charm sha. i no know. so when you are about entering a bus, remove your phones and wallet and hold them in ur hands.
And make sure anybody sitting close to you put their hands were u can see them. grin

share ur personal experiences.......... mine coming soon............
I avent b a victim once bt I don't pray 4 such 2 happen. Let b vry vry vigilant n careful wen we Rr public place...
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Louislewis: 5:55pm On Feb 27, 2015
Sometimes they enter in pairs ready to lap each other. The one being lapped will sit such that part of his bum bum partially rest on your side pocket of your trouser. Making some movement as if he is trying to adjust for general comfort of you, the potential victim and the lapper. By so doing, the lapper will have access to your pocket and squeeze out anything in your pocket while you the victim will be having the feeling of being rubbed with lapped bum bum. Immediately they have achieved their aims, the next bus stop will be last destination.
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by madjune(m): 5:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
Be careful when the person sitting next to you laps a small boy or girl and reclines back with his hands out of view.

That was how I fell victim at ojota way back.
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by menix(m): 6:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
stagger:

Only boxers? U for search your blokos join naaa....

E no big reach to accomodate my walkie talkie kind of phone...
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by mrkings84(m): 6:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
ve bn a victim once my dear. just sat close to a dude, tru out he was so uncomfortably searching 4 sumtin; soon as i cal my bustop, he also paid d conductor, b4 I realise that my fon was off d dude has disappeared.
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Laycan(m): 6:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
idee91:
pick pockets are every where now, every state in Nigeria. Dont think because you, or any of your family members or friends, have not been a victim in this case, then you neglect this important tips. Economy Harsh o, so you cant afford to loose your phones, money or wallet. That wallet especially, cos ur identification cards might be in it, ur ATM and other important documents.
lemme dont bore u with too much introductions, these tips keeps u alert at all time.

1. He keeps pretending to be saerching for money from his pocket to pay the conductor, in that process his magical fingers must have tampered with ur properties. they are very fast, so beware.

2.They usually have something they use to cover their laps for example a poly bag, a sweater( that kind heat dey catch me, i con comot am wink ), or some kinda bag sha, they use it to 1st cover wat they've stolen from you before putting it in the bag or sweater pocket diplomatically.

3. He tries to change his position anytime a passenger drops from the vehicle. going to explore more potential assets cool.

4. He might start talking about football, politics, or how GEJ is clueless(TANoids no vex o), Abi how buhari forged certificate, just to divert the attention of his prey. so beware.

5. In town, they normally board a bus and drop within a very short distance. If a passenger that sat near you does that, check your pocket o.

6. Appearance does not matter my brothers and sisters, even someone that suits up could be a pick pocket, so be vigilant.

7. They normally carry out their operations on weekend, when they know the business men and women carry money to the market, and others carry money for domestic shoppings at the market.

8. They are very fast. if you are fortunate enough to notice that your phoone or wallet is not more in ur pocket, b4 u shout yeeeeh shocked !!!!, dem don drop ur property for chair back.

Advice:
No matter how tight your jeans trouser is, they could remove anything from your pocket be it back or front, without you knowing. maybe na charm sha. i no know. so when you are about entering a bus, remove your phones and wallet and hold them in ur hands.
And make sure anybody sitting close to you put their hands were u can see them. grin

Advice 2..call 911
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
idee91:

A lot of experiences bro.... but have always been lucky

brb for my testimonies.
On 12th of January, my new Z10 was removed from my pocket at alagbon area inside keke napep......
i still dey cry till today sef cry
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by lovat(m): 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
Mine was on dec 22 2013, I was going to the market to make purchases, I boarded a bus and along the way the guy sitting close to me was reading dis juicy morning newspaper, I took a peep and from there I started reading with him, the man now spread the paper on our laps sinec we were reading together. When we got to the next bus stop the man alighted, it was when the bus started moving that the lady at my back now asked me to check my pocket. When I did, I found out that I've read the whole 35k in my wallet on a newspaper

8 Likes

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by idee91: 6:23pm On Feb 27, 2015
LewisO:
(op) What's wrong with you, why are u using only "He"? Picking pocket involves... "He" and "She". So stop making it look like a single gender thing. Women too picks pocket as well, there's is even unknowable u won't know when she pick pocket u join sef.undecided

For most of them mind wey dey read the topic now be say na only man dey pick pocket. undecided
Didn't really tot abt dat
True bro.
At least we would put ladies into consideration naw.
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Adeoba10(m): 6:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
idee91:

I'll never forgive you for this statement....
its you and your family members that would rot in jail by the special grace of God.
I suppose nak 2000000000000000000+ Likes for dat comment but Seun no allow me... Infact make I join hand with u swear for d guy....
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by LewisO: 6:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
idee91:

Didn't really tot abt dat
True bro.
At least we would put ladies into consideration naw.

Unfortunately bro! They don't consider us either.
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by doggiemann(m): 6:33pm On Feb 27, 2015
lovat:
Mine was on dec 22 2013, I was going to the market to make purchases, I boarded a bus and along the way the guy sitting close to me was reading dis juicy morning newspaper, I took a peep and from there I started reading with him, the man now spread the paper on our laps sinec we were reading together. When we got to the next bus stop the man alighted, it was when the bus started moving that the lady at my back now asked me to check my pocket. When I did, I found out that I've read the whole 35k in my wallet on a newspaper

Hehehehe you have learned the hard way embarassed
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Uniqueheart: 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2015

1 Like

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by idee91: 7:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
wagazala:

I was going to quote this too....sounds like a scene from a movie..Lol.

But OP's points are valid. I had a guy pick me once, unfortunately for him I was listening to music via my earphones so I was startled when the music went off. All I could see was the other end of my earphone hanging loose then I pounced on the guy beside me. We were seated on the last row in the bus so nobody else could have reached me, but I was rather late. His partner had dropped at the next bus stop with my phone but after several brushing I got my phone back.

OP sometimes they come in two's. Be weary of fully grown adults that insist on lapping each other in the bus too.....ensure the put their hands where you can see em too... grin
This was what happened to me on my 1st ever encounter with pick pockets. except I was fortunate to notice, some seconds the music stopped working. I checked my phone in my pocket, twas not dere, then i checked round the sits, and my poor phone was lying on the chair switched off. I was soo shocked. the guy was dressed in a well starched sheda, with cap and cover shoe. he also had a laptop bag.

I was very sure he did d pick pocketing, but was too scared to confront him.
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Sexydevil(m): 7:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
dulux07:

SMH, does a detective have to be a criminal b4 he understands the ways of a criminal, or does a medical doctor have to be infected by a particular disease b4 he understands the symptoms, or does a psychiatrist have to be mad before he understands the ways of mad pple.DEFINITELY NOT. it all balls down to studying, knowledge n experience. i am very sure u b OLODO for ur school, because u ve lil knowledge, thats y u r posting rubbish. grin grin grin

Trying to be vindictive? simply anoda candid trait of a criminal. so what point are u trying to make kiddo?
Go school u no gree. Trying to be intellectually inclined by making typo blunders. Its boils down for heaven's sake and not "balls down". undecided
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by khaylee(m): 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
When I hear stories of pple's pockets/bags bin picked what usually comes to my mind is that they are careless until it happened to me.

My phone was picked from my pocket while listening to brila Fm. I noticed I didn't hear anything again but I just Tot it was because of d noise around me in d bus so I removed d earpiece from my hear.

It was when I wanted to change station dat o drew out a dangling earpiece with no phone attached to it.

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 27, 2015
idee91:

I'll never forgive you for this statement....
its you and your family members that would rot in jail by the special grace of God.
You shouldn't av wasted ur effort replying him, who knows if he is d real criminal and is annoyed because u just leaked his evil deeds
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Ezenwa11(m): 8:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
idee91:

Advice:

I always check my pocket whenever someone alights from a bus/taxi

1 Like

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by lovat(m): 8:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
Uniqueheart:

So sorry abt that, but dis got me laughing so hard.
I learnt the hard way, now if you dare put newspaper in my front, I will ........
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by lovat(m): 9:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
Uniqueheart:

So sorry abt that, but dis got me laughing so hard.
I learnt the hard way, now if you dare put newspaper in my front, I will ........,
Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by favouryemmy: 10:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
The number 1 on your list can only be number 1. That is their foremost and most common strategy.
My experience: It happened some 8 years ago. I was coming home from work on the said day around 9pm, and 2 guys quickly entered the car and left at the next stop all within 2 minutes. I noticed the one sitting close to me was highly uncomfortable as if he was trying to take something from his pocket all through the period. Hence, I quickly held on to my phone not knowing it was actually my wallet he was after. When they left along a dark alley, the driver informed me to check my pockets, that those guys were pick pockets and I quickly did and discovered my wallet was gone. I ran out of the cab and quickly chased after them. Thank God the hadn't gone far. I didn't know what gave me the courage, and I was running after them in the dark and beckoning to them. And as I got to where they were the guy just turned towards me and immediately handed me my wallet back. I took it and picked race only to hear them trying to call me back. Maybe they just came to their senses, but I was long gone. They took nothing from my wallet. It was truly God blinding their eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Identify A Pick Pocket In A Commercial Vehicle by Revolva(m): 11:30pm On Feb 27, 2015
grin @op If u like bring ways to identify a pick poket...dem go still wash u..if dem wan collect from you....dem go obtain u...but this picking poket hustle na old format na nobody dey do am again na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fake Drug Manufacturers Arrested By Police In Lagos, Materials Recovered (Photos / Scary Moment Unknown Gunmen Kidnapped A Motorist In Anambra (Video) / Sulaimon Olufemi's Family Pleads For Clemency After 18 Years On Death Row

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.