Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,891 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back (68696 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 7:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

My kind sire. smiley I troway hailings.

watagwan blad
all tings cool mi breda. trust all is nice and coo and evertin lovely. cheesy wink
Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 8:01pm On Feb 28, 2015
ttmacoy:
That's in the assumption that every Nigerian in Canada is only interested in money / material things.

Some people just want peace of mind and a stable good life in an environment that works.

I don't live in Canada but I know many Nigerians with very good jobs in the UK and US, and giving them a house in Nigeria will not really move them. Having a house for rent in Nigeria doesn't still mean stability as we know a the wahala with managing tenants in Nigeria and the hypertension that comes with it.

I agree with your point about the vibe, if you don't feel the place the it makes sense not to stay, but I disagree that you have to return to Nigeria to make it. You can make it anywhere in the world, and I will also say In Places like the US, Canada etc there is a lot more opportunity to make it as a professional based on what you bring to the table and not who you know.

I know people in jobs in Nigeria e.g. at glo or banks who hate the job but cannot leave because they got the job through one uncle and have no connection to move to another company.

I always get people telling me about coming back to Nigeria and while it is something I consider for the future, I also notice the only advantage they can tell me is you can make money easily. That's it, just money, but they don't mention there is also a huge chance of not making hour so called money.

And besides this money making is so volatile in Nigeria. Because you hit it by knowing one politician this year doesn't mean next year you will still make it.

Some people are more concerned with being context, fulfilled, happy and healthy rather than chance to hit money but so much stress.

if you are looking for peace of mind, the western world is not the place to get peace of mind. trust me. unless of course you are jonathan goodluck and you have a house in golders green or hampstead all paid for, no mortgage and the council tax paid for one year in advance grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 28, 2015
We found ourselves in this horrible way of life because we dnt kill the corrupt people,the Quran says so, i dnt know if the bible says,if they have been killing them without favouritism,Naija would have been long a very lovely place on planetearth,imagine how richly blessed it is.
Demainman1:

On a lighter mood, Do you know that Naija was far better when Amadioha was in charge? Then, the leaders were upright because if you do bad, Amadioha dishes you bad instantly.

Then, You cannot swear by Amadioha and go and start "chopping" bribe and embezzling public funds.

Today, our politicians will swear by the Holy Bible or Quran in the morning and by night they will commit murder grin and steal all the money meant for development.

Why did we get it so wrong?

Well, Baba God, na your leg I dey o o, people wey dey your hand don too many cheesy
Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
solomonwis:

You will be received with open arms but make sure you don't join the bandwagon.

It all boils down to the same thing, you got tired of "home" abroad and you find "home" in Nigeria suitable, that's why you are returning (not returned) to naija. To some other, they got tired of "home" in Nigeria and they find "home" abroad suitable - To each his own!

To look back and condemn the same place that was magnanimous enough to accommodate you for the period that you were in there isn't fair!
no condemnation bros. it just does not make sense for a man and his kids to sell and trade security for insecurity. thats a juvenile move
Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
Abio,even with that its a furtrated system and sick.
sukkot:
if you are looking for peace of mind, the western world is not the place to get peace of mind. trust me. unless of course you are jonathan goodluck and you have a house in golders green or hampstead all paid for, no mortgage and the council tax paid for one year in advance grin

1 Like

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 8:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
EMEzzy:
lmao crazy stuff,i bet that point was worthy to win any match? You rep toronto raptors brotha? I wish to see an nba game someday,Lakers all day long kobe brynt 3-pointers and all those $hit.
yeah i repped toronto raptors back in that time no more. and ermmm the lakers have being crap for a while now and kobe needs to retire. his time is past. cheesy
Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
Insha Allah i will return and won't regret leaving a devil planned economy.
sukkot:
lord willing. if it be the LORDS will. insha allah wink
Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 8:10pm On Feb 28, 2015
uplawal:
You are very right,they are not friendly at all,for the past 6years in my block of flats in london i dnt know my neighbours that are whites,the only neighbour i know and talk to is mama Femi a fellow Nigerian.very depressing and sad.on the road,street,train,mall everywhere is moody straight faces,they dnt ever smile except their old people.
lmao exactly right ? its quite depressing really if you think about it deeply. in nigeria i seem to remember when someone has a party in your family, your parents will tell you to take food to all the neighbors and everyone on your street. community based. black people are not created for western living. we have melanin which is soul. we are soulful people. we are not robotic like the white man

6 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Demainman1: 8:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
uplawal:
We found ourselves in this horrible way of life because we dnt kill the corrupt people,the Quran says so, i dnt know if the bible says,if they have been killing them without favouritism,Naija would have been long a very lovely place on planetearth,imagine how richly blessed it is.

The thing is that the corrupt people run things and are in charge and the merciful God is just watching them run the rest of us, his children into the ground. We have been praying since time immemorial yet the situation remains the same.

Why is it that only the politicians (and who know dem) are living large at the expense of all. I know that with constant electricity Nigerians will not even care who rules them and how much they steal yet they refuse to provide light. !!!

I have a simple theory for why electricity can never be provided in that country no matter what. it is simply a case of light and darkness can never meet and since our leaders have agreed with evil forces, they have been warned never to give light since they are of the dark. I hope my english make sense before someone go come give out to me grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 8:14pm On Feb 28, 2015
uplawal:
Not only me,its a societal thing,you dnt ever know your neighbour except they are Nigerians,even the madness have affected the blacks too,they dnt smile or greet eachother when meet,,something like a mental torture society,upon their infractsructures,they are not mentally beautiful.some people will have died in their flat until you start hearing smells that you know something is wrong and they call ambulance,thats why they take to gambling,alcohol and clubbing just to relieve the madness,and their tv series too,huh,few are nice.Anyway,Godwillingly am porting soon to naija,i dnt even mind to stay in a village to enjoy beautiful minds,Africa is da best,forget we dnt have somethings,we shall get there some day.Note! the six years is marriage,been here 11years plus.we dnt know what we have until you lose it,remembering ordinary sun in Africa and spreading your clothes will keep tears rolling down your cheeks.
very perfectly said from an experienced londoner

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by solomonwis(m): 8:15pm On Feb 28, 2015
sukkot:
no condemnation bros. it just does not make sense for a man and his kids to sell and trade security for insecurity. thats a juvenile move

Where is the "security"?
Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 8:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
Demainman1:

No sir, i knew after 2 weeks but with family here one is kind of stuck smiley
grin grin
Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by gentleiphy: 8:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
irridemi:
Hello Nairalanders, Please I need ur advise. Am currently 2months pregnant, and My husband is thinking of us relocating to Canada. I currently work in the bank while my husband is into Forex and Securities Trading Business. We were doing averagely okay until last year when business started shaking, my husband has lost a lot and now he is thinking of us relocating to Canada to start afresh. If I resign and we sell our properties, and the little savings we have should be enough to sponsor him for a Postgraduate Course (2years), while I follow him as his wife ( then I get a job), he wants this option cos am a professional and I have good work experience. Option 2 is for me to do a post graduate course and he accompanies me (mayb I will get a good job fast cos of my qualifications). if I wait till we have our baby, the expenses will be much(I.e the financial requirement for the visa). My hubby's uncle is ready to assist us, but my husband doesn't want to take the risk of investing in business again. He has Sasacheskwan or Toronto in mind. I will really appreciate advise thanks

Irridemi....my sister
i called you my sister because you took the courage to do what we know most Nigerian women to be ..very industrious and so much attached to the welfare of their husbands and family. Weldone!

You have asked a very good question,and i have read and followed all the response giving by good people here...though some sound bitter,some funny,some positive and some discouraging..they all have done well and so appreciate each and everyone's input as i believe they all have your interest at heart.

i observed two sets of people here....the "Experienced ones" and the"i heard it so ones"....in the"Experienced ones" that is where your answer lies because they comprise of the optimists and the pessimists...listen to both of them because both have spoken the truth.For the"I heard it so ones"...they have never been in the situation you find yourself now and therefore are learning from the responses of the"Experienced Ones"like you.

Your Case:Relocating to Canada on student ground..
Option1:Your husband studies while you work albeit with Pregnancy
Option2:You Study while husband works to support you while you grapple with stress of baby on the way.

Canada no doubt is a beautiful land filled with unending opportunities when you have the right legal status to reside and work.It used to be easier coming in as an international student,get work permit,graduate work for 2 years and get your PR..sadly the law has changed of recent...meaning if both of you make that move via the international student route....staying back in Nigeria sounds progressive more than being in Canada because when both of you come in and face reality on ground,you will panic,depression will set in,hopelessness will evolve,cracks will begin to appear in your marital relationship and the baby?confusion will be the result.Again if your husband chose to come alone to study while you stay back home to support him..it will take some good 4yrs for him to able to navigate his way around the immigration laws to get his PR and file for you then you are looking at 5yrs of him being in Canada without you.The more you look at the cons..the more you realise it may not worth it to sell off your property and quit your job to go into this "legend of the Seeker" adventure.

Best route to you my sister is to gather your document and start application for the permanent residence via the Express Entry...patiently work on achieving it and when you get it...i bet you the sky wont be your limit in the foreign land.No country in this world is easy to settle down fast even leaving your village to relocate to Lagos was never easy at the start.Believe me if you succeed with your PR,Canada has lots to offer you...hard work and determination is the answer.it is true that when you come your education and work experience from Nigeria doesn't count..very very true but as a PR..you will benefit immensely in a lot programs that will help integrate your easily into the system...there a lot of certification courses in your field that you can easily do within some months of arrival to get some job which comes with the coveted Canadian work experience preparing you to make that great move into you major job you so desired.For example,as an Auditor which of course is regulated and which may take some years for you to get licensed or qualify in their certification...you can certify in CAPA or CAPP..certified Accounts payable Associate or Professional which enables you to get a job as easy as ABC though lower in what you do in Nigeria but at least starts you off on the climb to your Canadian work experience.So many of such certifications exist to help you out in your settling down that is if you came in with your PR...

like others advised...money melts down so fast in Canada...your entire savings can disappear in just a while without any other source of income therefore supporting yourself to study with the money you came with for a family of 2(3 to be) without the PR status will be a tall order.You will survive in Canada if you arrive with your PR and you have your uncle to shelter you for a couple of months guiding you to settle down easily.For every newcomer in any Country it is not always easy and fast to settle..you must thread the muddy waters and the thorny valleys but after rain comes sunshine.but one thing i have to leave you with is this...

In Canada...they live life
In Nigeria....they exist

People make choice of either to live life or to merely exist in life.

My advise:Make the move to Canada via PR and you wont regret it.

God bless your decision.
[b][/b]

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 28, 2015
sukkot:
it is not about intelligence. it is about humanity. you have a poverty mentality. i know many nigerians like you who exist in the most inhumane of places just so you can be abroad. can you believe we have nigerians in russia and ukraine lmao .
please let's not engage in e-quarrel pls for the sake of people learning from the thread. Please please thanks and God bless u .
Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
uplawal:
Abio,even with that its a furtrated system and sick.
lol it all comes down to we are melanated people with soul and a different spirit from the white man and seeing as you are a minority in his society you have to kill your own spirit to adapt to his ways. you cant even wear outfits that are too colorful or people will think you are crazy. you have to wear black or grey lmao grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2015
uplawal:
Insha Allah i will return and won't regret leaving a devil planned economy.
grin grin
Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by ttmacoy: 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2015
Well I guess your definition of peace of mind relates to money.... to me it doesn't necessarily.

I see people are always talking about bills in the western world like everything is free in Nigeria. Nigeria is expensive and very hard to budget because of so many unexpected expenses that come up daily so I don't really get this bills complaint.

I notice people tend to make this comparisons from e.g. a banker in Nigeria to maybe someone doing odd jobs abroad, but for a working professional perspective you can live a very good life. if you compare bankers with same number of working experience in the UK or US to Nigeria are you telling me the nigerian lives a better life or earns more? Compare doctors to doctors or engineer to engineers?

What i like about the UK or US is I can budget properly and live within my budget.

You say mortgages like it a bad thing. A mortgage is what will allow a 22-25 year old buy a place here and his monthly mortgage payments will be less than the equivalent rent if he was renting same place. This means over the life of the mortgage not only is he paying less than the rent he would have paid if he was waiting to buy the house outright, but he also benefits from price increase from the start. This mortgage is what will allow same type of person buy houses to rent out without putting down the whole amount of the house which means he earns the difference between the rent charged and the mortgage payment and benefits from price increase.

I have friends who work on the island and live in Ajah, earn good money and send hours in traffic everyday. Get home have to put on generator etc, that is a stressful life and yet no vacation to enjoy and destress. And no travelling to London to stay with uncle or aunty and shop all around peckham and brixton is not vacation.

This tax you complain about is what pays for free medical, free education etc .

sukkot:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2015
solomonwis:

Where is the "security"?
brother, forget what any human being tells you in this world. if you have your own house paid for cash, and its yours forever ? thats the only security you need in life. everything else is secondary

1 Like

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by ccaramel(f): 8:33pm On Feb 28, 2015
sukkot:
it is not about intelligence. it is about humanity. you have a poverty mentality. i know many nigerians like you who exist in the most inhumane of places just so you can be abroad. can you believe we have nigerians in russia and ukraine lmao .
Sukkot it's not that at all. Actually I earn more money from my businesses in Nigeria than my job in Canada, I have a bigger house, car in Nigeria and my family is ok. Mind you I was an international student for my undergrad and masters in Canada. Not cheap. It's not about money to me. But its about a sane and safe environment where the mind can develop. I just returned from a 4 month trip to nigeria and I couldn't wait to get back even with the sub zero temperature. The traffic, NEPA, gridlock, horrible drivers in Lagos is just not for me. Sure there's money but that's not me. Why do the majority of the kids of the rich stay and school abroad? Plain and simple. It's a saner environment. Things work better, govt is doing their job, police are doing their job, hardly traffic, safer environment generally. If you are ok with Nigeria if you have the opportunity to be in a developed country like Canada. It's ok. We all have different personalities and way of life. Nigeria will always be home. But I love Canada. If NIgeria can become a better country and govt decides to start working. I will be the first one to pack my bags and return home. For now. I am home. Home is where the heart is. I am happy here. Money is nothing.

6 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 8:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
irridemi:
please let's not engage in e-quarrel pls for the sake of people learning from the thread. Please please thanks and God bless u .
i am not quarreling with anyone. i am smashing down on someone who was disrespecting someone who was having a conversation with me. i am entitled to do that. rude people need to be curtailed. it is what it is.
Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 28, 2015
sukkot:

The prophet has spoken..... wink

1 Like

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
ttmacoy:
Well I guess your definition of peace of mind relates to money.... to me it doesn't necessarily.

I see people are always talking about bills in the western world like everything is free in Nigeria. Nigeria is expensive and very hard to budget because of so many unexpected expenses that come up daily so I don't really get this bills complaint.

I notice people tend to make this comparisons from e.g. a banker in Nigeria to maybe someone doing odd jobs abroad, but for a working professional perspective you can live a very good life. if you compare bankers with same number of working experience in the UK or US to Nigeria are you telling me the nigerian lives a better life or earns more? Compare doctors to doctors or engineer to engineers?

What i like about the UK or US is I can budget properly and live within my budget.

You say mortgages like it a bad thing. A mortgage is what will allow a 22-25 year old buy a place here and his monthly mortgage payments will be less than the equivalent rent if he was renting same place. This means over the life of the mortgage not only is he paying less than the rent he would have paid if he was waiting to buy the house outright, but he also benefits from price increase from the start. This mortgage is what will allow same type of person buy houses to rent out without putting down the whole amount of the house which means he earns the difference between the rent charged and the mortgage payment and benefits from price increase.

I have friends who work on the island and live in Ajah, earn good money and send hours in traffic everyday. Get home have to put on generator etc, that is a stressful life and yet no vacation to enjoy and destress. And no travelling to London to stay with uncle or aunty and shop all around peckham and brixton is not vacation.

This tax you complain about is what pays for free medical, free education etc .

this is greater than money. there is no peace of mind for a black man in the west. unless you are just a subservient slave minded negro. all over america the police is gunning down young black men. same all over the world. black man was prevented from entering a train by racist white people etc etc etc. there is no peace of mind for a black man in a white mans world PERIOD. i was in total oblivion but now i can see clearly. we are born enemies. esau vs jacob. it is biblical

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by ccaramel(f): 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
sukkot:
i am not quarreling with anyone. i am smashing down on someone who was disrespecting someone who was having a conversation with me. i am entitled to do that. rude people need to be curtailed. it is what it is.
Why do you feel the need to smash down on me. She's an adult, she can confront me herself. You and I had no issues as we were discussing yesterday about the pros and cons of Canada. Pls grow up and have some sense. To think that I was even trying to have an intelligent conversation with you. Scratch that. In your face, up yours numbskull.
Seriously I can take on all of you dumbo pessimists. Bring it on. Let me school you today grin

7 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
sukkot:

Exactly, she started it and she claim she has Masters in Canada, Master ko, slave ni, forming funky online...... angry

1 Like

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
gentleiphy:

Irridemi....my sister
i called you my sister because you took the courage to do what we know most Nigerian women to be ..very industrious and so much attached to the welfare of their husbands and family. Weldone!

You have asked a very good question,and i have read and followed all the response giving by good people here...though some sound bitter,some funny,some positive and some discouraging..they all have done well and so appreciate each and everyone's input as i believe they all have your interest at heart.

i observed two sets of people here....the "Experienced ones" and the"i heard it so ones"....in the"Experienced ones" that is where your answer lies because they comprise of the optimists and the pessimists...listen to both of them because both have spoken the truth.For the"I heard it so ones"...they have never been in the situation you find yourself now and therefore are learning from the responses of the"Experienced Ones"like you.

Your Case:Relocating to Canada on student ground..
Option1:Your husband studies while you work albeit with Pregnancy
Option2:You Study while husband works to support you while you grapple with stress of baby on the way.

Canada no doubt is a beautiful land filled with unending opportunities when you have the right legal status to reside and work.It used to be easier coming in as an international student,get work permit,graduate work for 2 years and get your PR..sadly the law has changed of recent...meaning if both of you make that move via the international student route....staying back in Nigeria sounds progressive more than being in Canada because when both of you come in and face reality on ground,you will panic,depression will set in,hopelessness will evolve,cracks will begin to appear in your marital relationship and the baby?confusion will be the result.Again if your husband chose to come alone to study while you stay back home to support him..it will take some good 4yrs for him to able to navigate his way around the immigration laws to get his PR and file for you then you are looking at 5yrs of him being in Canada without you.The more you look at the cons..the more you realise it may not worth it to sell off your property and quit your job to go into this "legend of the Seeker" adventure.

Best route to you my sister is to gather your document and start application for the permanent residence via the Express Entry...patiently work on achieving it and when you get it...i bet you the sky wont be your limit in the foreign land.No country in this world is easy to settle down fast even leaving your village to relocate to Lagos was never easy at the start.Believe me if you succeed with your PR,Canada has lots to offer you...hard work and determination is the answer.it is true that when you come your education and work experience from Nigeria doesn't count..very very true but as a PR..you will benefit immensely in a lot programs that will help integrate your easily into the system...there a lot of certification courses in your field that you can easily do within some months of arrival to get some job which comes with the coveted Canadian work experience preparing you to make that great move into you major job you so desired.For example,as an Auditor which of course is regulated and which may take some years for you to get licensed or qualify in their certification...you can certify in CAPA or CAPP..certified Accounts payable Associate or Professional which enables you to get a job as easy as ABC though lower in what you do in Nigeria but at least starts you off on the climb to your Canadian work experience.So many of such certifications exist to help you out in your settling down that is if you came in with your PR...

like others advised...money melts down so fast in Canada...your entire savings can disappear in just a while without any other source of income therefore supporting yourself to study with the money you came with for a family of 2(3 to be) without the PR status will be a tall order.You will survive in Canada if you arrive with your PR and you have your uncle to shelter you for a couple of months guiding you to settle down easily.For every newcomer in any Country it is not always easy and fast to settle..you must thread the muddy waters and the thorny valleys but after rain comes sunshine.but one thing i have to leave you with is this...

In Canada...they live life
In Nigeria....they exist

People make choice of either to live life or to merely exist in life.

My advise:Make the move to Canada via PR and you wont regret it.

God bless your decision.
[b][/b]

Wow! Thanks for the full words! For taking time out to give this objective comment God bless u. Will check out the professional course u mentioned. Thank u, I have a full page of the pros and cons and carefully reading and evaluating with hubby. I look forward to the day I write our success story
and I won't forget the words!

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Demainman1: 8:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
ccaramel:

Sukkot it's not that at all. Actually I earn more money from my businesses in Nigeria than my job in Canada, I have a bigger house, car in Nigeria and my family is ok. Mind you I was an international student for my undergrad and masters in Canada. Not cheap. It's not about money to me. But its about a sane and safe environment where the mind can develop. I just returned from a 4 month trip to nigeria and I couldn't wait to get back even with the sub zero temperature. The traffic, NEPA, gridlock, horrible drivers in Lagos is just not for me. Sure there's money but that's not me. Why do the majority of the kids of the rich stay and school abroad? Plain and simple. It's a saner environment. Things work better, govt is doing their job, police are doing their job, hardly traffic, safer environment generally. If you are ok with Nigeria if you have the opportunity to be in a developed country like Canada. It's ok. We all have different personalities and way of life. Nigeria will always be home. But I love Canada. If NIgeria can become a better country and govt decides to start working. I will be the first one to pack my bags and return home. For now. I am home. Home is where the heart is. I am happy here. Money is nothing.

That is the slave mentality we are talking about. Why can't the rich/our leaders build a Nigeria that can be compared to this abroad? Don't Nigeria have the means?

A typical Nigeria rich man or leader suffer a chronic form of inferiority complex. Look at GEJ in the midst of Oyinbos you will see what I am talking about.

You will know when we have good leaders, when they will build the country for all instead of sending only their children abroad as if abroad na heaven.

Build Nigeria and see Nigeria become visa free to most places and nobody we consider abroad as any big deal i tell ypu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by solomonwis(m): 8:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
sukkot:
brother, forget what any human being tells you in this world. [b]if you have your own house paid for cash, and its yours forever ? thats the only security you need in life. everything else is secondary[/b]

It's been a long time I laughed in Swahili...! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Your definition of "security" is funny..I hope you are not running away from paying for some mortgage.... grin grin grin

In your own house (paid for by cash),you can be robbed by product of a failed system, maimed and killed! So I doubt if owning your own house/having a roof over your head is the true definition of "security"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
Lmao,you are so right.
sukkot:
lol it all comes down to we are melanated people with soul and a different spirit from the white man and seeing as you are a minority in his society you have to kill your own spirit to adapt to his ways. you cant even wear outfits that are too colorful or people will think you are crazy. you have to wear black or grey lmao grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 8:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
ccaramel:

[b]and i can truly respect your point of view. like you said, it all comes down to our personalities. me myself ? its never really about the environmental infrastructure for me. its about the people. if i get a good vibe from the people then i feel relaxed. you have to remember it is the people who make a place what it is and not the infrastructure. you can be happy in a friendly poor environment and enjoy it because of the warmth of the people or you can be sad in a rich sophisticated environment because of the coldness and evil stares of the people. even white people are starting to get tired of living in a cold hostile environment and they are all running out of europe and america to places like goa in india and costa rica because the people are friendlier and life feels great. see ? its never about the infrastructure. you get peace of mind from the people around you. or at least that is how it is supposed to be. and all those things you mentioned like traffic jam etc are all part of the adventure. its all about mental orientation. if you can program yourself to see these things as an adventure as opposed to as a problem, you will open up and then start to enjoy it [/b] wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Inside Aksaray Underground Market Where Nigerians Buy Food In Turkey / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. / The Moment A Ship Sank In Port Harcourt, Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.