Stats: 3,194,849 members, 7,956,180 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:07 AM

Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. (32763 Views)

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup / The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) / Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here (2) (3) (4)

Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by ChristyG(f): 12:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
Why is it that it is ony yoruba men that sees dating women that is not from their tribe as achievement?? Na wa o,most hausa or igbo men that dates other tribe that I know hardly brags about it the way yoruba men do
i wonder how many u have seen or know for u to write this unreasonable conclusion?how is he bragging?

Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 12:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
Begonia:
Op, it looks good smiley

What's the name of the vegetable used to cook Afang soup?
The one in your picture looks like blended Okazi.

Here is London, everything is packaging; there is dry and wet Okazi but I prefer the wet one cos it's quite easy to blend for me.
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by ChristyG(f): 12:09pm On Mar 04, 2015
stagger:
My guy,

better forget trying to catch a Yoruba lady. Dem no sabi cook like SE and SS babes. IBOTICFact! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
BruzMoney:
Nice dish.. Where are you so I can come have my share..

You r welcome anytime. And guess what, I ll be making Nsala soup tomorrow; Riverine people soup
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by ChristyG(f): 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
stagger:
My guy,

better forget trying to catch a Yoruba lady. Dem no sabi cook like SE and SS babes. IBOTICFact! cheesy cheesy cheesy
what about d se and ss men married to yoruba women,i guess they dont like good food,odensin:p:p:/

Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 12:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
VickyRotex:
Washing my hand

Oya lets eat abeg... grin

Great Job

wink

Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2015
justi4jesu:

Op na dat kind plenty water you use steam that meat, lol

I need the stock to make Efo Riro u know what I mean wink
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 04, 2015
These are the reasons why I must marry a good girl***

Azonto and pinging babes can not cook well but they can pretend and finish a large motel of garri and 4fit pot of soup***
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by somegirl1: 12:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
diegs:

Dts how afang is prepared. The okazi leaves are blended bt I prefer to blend mine with market blender

I see
I doubt very much I would enjoy it in that case.
I prefer to soups that give me something, other than meat, to masticate.
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 12:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
stagger:
My guy,

better forget trying to catch a Yoruba lady. Dem no sabi cook like SE and SS babes. Fact! cheesy cheesy cheesy

No my friend, don't say that, having tasted all sort of Wazobia soup from ex skelewus (born again now) from different part of d country, I can say Nigeria(Yoruba,Ijaw,Itsekirri-Nsala soup tomorrow, Igbo, Calabar axis) is unrivally blessed.

Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by justi4jesu(f): 12:20pm On Mar 04, 2015
GentleToks:

I need the stock to make Efo Riro u know what I mean wink

Okay you get luck cheesy cheesy
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
chiomzy25:
nice one. first Yoruba man that can cook like a woman

Babes, even better I think wink wink grin
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by folahann(m): 12:23pm On Mar 04, 2015
The end result doesn't look good at all. But like a restaurant said; Seeing is not believing, tasting is the real deal.
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by sirrinky: 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
OP na meat you cook joor no be soup.
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
Mega72:
From the look he tried buh hope oil will not be much as they like plenty oil..

Smh
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by englishmart(m): 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2015
Charlescobi:
nice one op But the soup small for that kind plenty meat,abeg add more water grin
hahhahaha! I don die

Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Eyadocharlie(m): 12:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
Yez na, na dem sabi cook pazz all tribe in 9ja!!!
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by chubbypearl(f): 12:52pm On Mar 04, 2015
GentleToks:
I have been with different babes from other side of my region; destiny has refused to lead Yoruba ladies towards my way. It's either I am with calabar, urhobo or Igbo lady.........

I quickly learn how to cook it on my own when I realised that these ladies have started using dis my yummy soup to hold me to ransom.
Next time,don't use a blender,it turns the leaves to paste.if you can't use a mortar to pound it,try and cut the leaves to tiny pieces and you will have a different taste.i didnt see dry fish and stockfish in your pictures.if there is a next time,do include them.btw,welldone!
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
Why is it that it is ony yoruba men that sees dating women that is not from their tribe as achievement?? Na wa o,most hausa or igbo men that dates other tribe that I know hardly brags about it the way yoruba men do
You read the the Op's post from top to bottom and some how...SOME HOW! angry came to the conclusion that he is bragging about how he has dated women from other tribes than the yoruba tribe... undecided
Go school you no go, now your ability to reason well is stunted undecided ESTÚPIDO! angry

Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
...yes oh....say no to Indomie
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
chubbypearl:
Next time,don't use a blender,it turns the leaves to paste.if you can't use a mortar to pound it,try and cut the leaves to tiny pieces and you will have a different taste.i didnt see dry fish and stockfish in your pictures.if there is a next time,do include them.btw,welldone!

Thks but I used No 2 setting on the blender which doesn't turn d leaves to paste. Here is d dry crayfish at d corner of d picture

Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by chubbypearl(f): 1:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
GentleToks:

Thks but I used No 2 setting on the blender which doesn't turn d leaves to paste. Here is d dry crayfish at d corner of d picture
of course,there has to be crayfish!it would have been a taboo not to include it.(for me sha)i meant dry fish and stockfish.
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 1:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
ANAMBRA11:

My friend, don't be offended if my post(s) sounds as if I was bragging about my past. No! Far from that, I wasn't my brother. There is no way I ll talk abt these soup-Nsala, Okazi etc without mentioning those ladies. Blessed them in their husband homes. It's lije each time I want to talk about my driving skill, my mind always goes to my dad who taught me how to drive...... I op this explanation ll give u a clear picture of my intent

Please, don't let us see everything around us from tribal perspective. I have never been conscious of where anybody comes from until I became a Nairaland member. I see everybody as Nigerians before I joined dis forum where your ethnic identity is really important and relevant

I have passed that stage in my life but I was only giving a credit to these ladies in question.

Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by ElFenomeno1: 1:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
delishpot:
Good job OP.

Good job but could taste really poor! grin
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
Begonia:
Op, it looks good smiley

What's the name of the vegetable used to cook Afang soup?
The one in your picture looks like blended Okazi.

In preparing Afang soup,Okazi leaf which we call Afang leaf" and water leaf are the leaves used in preparing the soup.
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by delishpot: 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Good job but could taste really poor! grin

Could taste realy rich too.
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
Smartresult:
This should be for ladies as for Guys Why waste ur mb to check this shit . Click my signature to get start making the lolo
. Click my signature to start making $500 daily , without spending a kobo, register to get ur free website , send ur brothers, sisters, friends and church members to join you.
They will also get their free website to start making money and fight jobless.
It is absolutely free, you have nothing to loose. An investment free opportunity, try it and pass testimony to others. Click my signature to get access now!

Na by force?
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 1:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
chubbypearl:
of course,there has to be crayfish!it would have been a taboo not to include it.(for me sha)i meant dry fish and stockfish.

Absolutely agreed with u. Crayfish is Okazi and Okazi is crayfish; goes hand in hand as far as dis yummy soup is concerned
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by LAX89(m): 1:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
SaiBuharii:
Yoruba men...the best husband material you can get.

Current trend is even my igbo sisters are all over us grin

You mean like PSquare-Peter and Lola Omotayo?
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
GentleToks:

My friend, don't be offended if my post(s) sounds as if I was bragging about my past. No! Far from that, I wasn't my brother. There is no way I ll talk abt these soup-Nsala, Okazi etc without mentioning those ladies. Blessed them in their husband homes. It's lije each time I want to talk about my driving skill, my mind always goes to my dad who taught me how to drive...... I op this explanation ll give u a clear picture of my intent

Please, don't let us see everything around us from tribal perspective. I have never been conscious of where anybody comes from until I became a Nairaland member. I see everybody as Nigerians before I joined dis forum where your ethnic identity is really important and relevant

I have passed that stage in my life but I was only giving a credit to these ladies in question.

Op,pounded A fang leave make the soup take great,I don't even enjoy using the blended to grind pepper.And it appears you like enough obstacles in your pot of soup......
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by oleary(m): 1:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
OP...... you try but i sure say d soup no sweet........... Plus op why did you use electric blender to blend the affang eh? angry

score: 35%

From a certified Calabar boy
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Livinusc(m): 1:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
tajay12:
why showing me raw meat?..show me d cooked soup, lemme knw if u can make it.
ar u blind ??

Name One Thing You Don't Eat / Strange Particles Found In Chivita Orange Pineapple Fruit Juice (Rumor) / Special Fried Rice For New Year Celebration