Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,797 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:21 PM

Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. (32761 Views)

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup / The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) / Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here (2) (3) (4)

Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Tobbie9(m): 1:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
GentleToks:

My friend, don't be offended if my post(s) sounds as if I was bragging about my past. No! Far from that, I wasn't my brother. There is no way I ll talk abt these soup-Nsala, Okazi etc without mentioning those ladies. Blessed them in their husband homes. It's lije each time I want to talk about my driving skill, my mind always goes to my dad who taught me how to drive...... I op this explanation ll give u a clear picture of my intent

Please, don't let us see everything around us from tribal perspective. I have never been conscious of where anybody comes from until I became a Nairaland member. I see everybody as Nigerians before I joined dis forum where your ethnic identity is really important and relevant

I have passed that stage in my life but I was only giving a credit to these ladies in question.
welcome to Nairaland

Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by tammie24: 1:55pm On Mar 04, 2015
Mega72:
From the look he tried buh hope oil will not be much as they like plenty oil..
Is oil bad
If u like plenty oil in ur food go ahead
Nothing wrong in that
After all. They are even more intelligent that those of u that don't like 'plenty oil'
Don't be a bigot!
Has nothing to do with this
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by tammie24: 2:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
Mekymuo:
Looks like cow dung...
Ur opinion
Op is enjoying himself while you hate cheesy
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Euckybaby(f): 2:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
nawa ooo so so watery. so Disgusting one plate for soup and fufu.
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 2:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
reminiscing:

Op,pounded A fang leave make the soup take great,I don't even enjoy using the blended to grind pepper.And it appears you like enough obstacles in your pot of soup......

Sometimes, I love treating myself to a lot of obstacles that are already singing Hallelujah in my pot; Abodi meat is d best when it comes to Okazi soup; it encircles itself with Okazi leaves and dishes out tthis unique, unrivalled and heavenly taste. Chaiii!!!

If u want to really enjoy dis soup, wait till a day after d cooking of d soup. D meat stock, d meat itself and other jagbajantis must/would have settled down very well and balance d soup with pounded yam left over.
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by DonaldGenes(m): 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
sexyattorney:
Hope you used water leaves? Welldone bro!

You are not serious o

Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by ElFenomeno1: 2:21pm On Mar 04, 2015
delishpot:

Could taste realy rich too.

True. cheesy
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by blesoh(f): 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
Charlescobi:
nice one op But the soup small for that kind plenty meat,abeg add more water grin
lol,my mum will say d more d ingredient d more u add d water.but affang soup dont need much water else it bcomes watery.
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by blesoh(f): 2:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
Begonia:
Op, it looks good smiley

What's the name of the vegetable used to cook Afang soup?
The one in your picture looks like blended Okazi.
am suprise,u can only pound or grind affang nt wid blender.the two leaves involved in d soup its affang and waterleaf
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
GentleToks:

Sometimes, I love treating myself to a lot of obstacles that are already singing Hallelujah in my pot; Abodi meat is d best when it comes to Okazi soup; it encircles itself with Okazi leaves and dishes out tthis unique, unrivalled and heavenly taste. Chaiii!!!

If u want to really enjoy dis soup, wait till a day after d cooking of d soup. D meat stock, d meat itself and other jagbajantis must/would have settled down very well and balance d soup with pounded yam left over.

you like food o!!!
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by nelcliff(m): 3:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
@OP, where is ur location. u can't finish that soup alone now.
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by mabeni(m): 3:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
GentleToks:
I have been with different babes from other side of my region; destiny has refused to lead Yoruba ladies towards my way. It's either I am with calabar, urhobo or Igbo lady.........

I quickly learn how to cook it on my own when I realised that these ladies have started using dis my yummy soup to hold me to ransom.
Put d recip*e for here na. I wan learn.
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by M4gunners: 3:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
Charlescobi:
nice one op But the soup small for that kind plenty meat,abeg add more water grin
Cheiii are you a Student bro?
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Ngokafor(f): 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
....Good job op,it looks yummy i must say..

...nothing as wonderful as a man who can cook..*sigh*..so good! cheesy
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 7:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
reminiscing:

you like food o!!!

Do u hate food?
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 7:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
nelcliff:
@OP, where is ur location. u can't finish that soup alone now.

Kent, UK
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by k4kenny(f): 7:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
MarieSucre:
Proudly yoruba christianah... proudly yoruba sango worshipper... proudly yoruba olokun worshipper... proudly yoruba atheist... make sense to you?

Nope. Makes absolutely no sense. You deserve the award for the most senseless post osf the year.

Still proudly Yoruba Muslimah cool grin
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by chiomzy25(f): 8:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
GentleToks:

Babes, even better I think wink wink grin
but you can't cook better than I do
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by dennistar(m): 10:08pm On Mar 04, 2015
op am sorry but thats trash ur cooking in the name of afang soup.u blended the afang leaf instead of pounding it,and I don't see any water leaf in DAT soup,sorry to say but op my 15year old brother can cook afang better than u do.#nothing personal #calabar boys swagg.
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 11:09pm On Mar 04, 2015
chiomzy25:
but you can't cook better than I do

You are naturally born with cooking skill as a lady but........
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 11:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
dennistar:
op am sorry but thats trash ur cooking in the name of afang soup.u blended the afang leaf instead of pounding it,and I don't see any water leaf in DAT soup,sorry to say but op my 15year old brother can cook afang better than u do.#nothing personal #calabar boys swagg.

No worries!! You r entitled to your opinion Sir. Good for ya! I appreciate your comment and I ll make it better when next I embark on this soup journey again.

However, take a proper look at that picture, you ll see the water leaf on the plate while Okazi was in d blender.

Also, blender is d only option we have in this part of d world...

Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by chiomzy25(f): 7:36am On Mar 05, 2015
GentleToks:

You are naturally born with cooking skill as a lady but........
no but because no man born of a woman cooks better than I do
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 05, 2015
GentleToks:

Do u hate food?

I select food......A fang is my favourite though
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 9:17am On Mar 05, 2015
reminiscing:

I select food......A fang is my favourite though

I ll invite u for Dinner soon. Buy your ticket and prepare to come around in Summer
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 9:21am On Mar 05, 2015
chiomzy25:
no but because no man born of a woman cooks better than I do

Don't try me cos you would be defeated hands down
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 05, 2015
GentleToks:

I ll invite u for Dinner soon. Buy your ticket and prepare to come around in Summer

lol...You want to trap me with food like your Ex.You have failed!!!!!
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 10:06am On Mar 05, 2015
reminiscing:

lol...You want to trap me with food like your Ex.You have failed!!!!!

Hahaha lol!!!! Funny u. But on a serious note, I ve gone past that stage in life.

I am only inviting u for dinner in summer without any intent. Must I trap u cos of dinner? C 'mon!!!
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 05, 2015
GentleToks:

Hahaha lol!!!! Funny u. But on a serious note, I ve gone past that stage in life.

I am only inviting u for dinner in summer without any intent. Must I trap u cos of dinner? C 'mon!!!

Okay,I believe you.When its time,just send money for the flight ticket.
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 11:27am On Mar 05, 2015
reminiscing:

Okay,I believe you.When its time,just send money for the flight ticket.

Aiiight. wink
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 05, 2015
GentleToks:

Aiiight. wink

I feel you
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by chiomzy25(f): 9:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
GentleToks:

Don't try me cos you would be defeated hands down
I challenge you.
Re: Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. by GentleToks(m): 12:55am On Mar 06, 2015
chiomzy25:
I challenge you.

Alright!!! Let's go...

Name One Thing You Don't Eat / Strange Particles Found In Chivita Orange Pineapple Fruit Juice (Rumor) / Special Fried Rice For New Year Celebration