Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? (36938 Views)

How My Blood Sister Treated My Wife! What Should I Do? / Will I Ever Get Married? / Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by 9jatatafo(m): 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
Sit the white woman down and let know that in Africa, a woman dare not lay hand on her man or else that woman will beaten mercilessly. Since you have sampled her face 2ice, that is okay. But make sure she desist from beating you. Tell her say I dey provoke badly for here, make she nor make me vey ooo because if I vex, fire dey comot for my eyes.
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by SirShymexx: 5:23pm On Feb 28, 2015
50calibre:

Smart! Smart!! I would never have through of this. grin

Damn!! Shoulder punches are very painful, any leave little or no visible scars.

I'm adding this to my portfolio.

Highly effective medicine for aggressive psychopaths, especially when you have got big knuckles. It's for defensive purposes and just make sure you don't go beyond that region cos women are too fragile and weak. grin

But darn!! This guy is soft - white women naturally fear black men too much to raise their hands against them. If it had been a naija woman, it won't be shocking cos most of them secrete high testosterone.
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Dammyjohn(m): 5:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
missjenna:
Op, I read your post and I have to say that I am sorry you found yourself in this situation.

First of all, the fact that you have endured through the beating and you have controlled yourself from hitting back all this while shows how responsible and mature you are. I wonder how many Nigerian men would let their wives hit them and they wouldn't hit back. Irrespective of her race.
Having said that, I think from everything you wrote, your wife is only annoyed because of the fact that you are giving financial assistance to your brother

Op, let me ask you this question, how huge is the money that you are disbursing to your family. Perhaps its a bit too much and hence your wife finding fault.
I believe you and your wife should sit together and talk things through.
Explain to her why you have to help your brother. Tell her that if not from the help your brother rendered to you, you wouldn't have met her in the first place

Your wife is a business minded woman. She believes the business won't grow as it is supposed to, if you keep on giving money out
I think you and your wife should sit down and plan your spending
You should agree on the amount of money you would dissipate to your family
I think she should understand

I also believe your wife gets angry because of the fact that you don't inform her before you give money to your people
You both run a partnership business with the same account number so its best you inform her before lending out money

Op I believe your wife loves you and you love her equally. Please don't let this issue lead to any problem in your marriage.
Your wife is hot tempered and you should talk to her. Caucasians tend to respond to talks
Sit her down and advise her to improve on herself. She can be better person.
Or better still, get the services of a marriage counselor

Op, I hope I helped.
I wish you success in both your marriage and business.

Thanks and God bless
I respect you for the matured solution you have given to the problem.Well,I don't need to type any thing on this matter since you have typed and giving out the solution to the problem.Well typed bro.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by SirShymexx: 5:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
Ogbeche77:
Hahahaha.. I'm dead.. How effective is shoulder punch?? grin grin

I've heard a new one today cheesy

Better add that shyte, my doozy. grin

Quick and effective - blam blam! cool
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Dammyjohn(m): 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
missjenna:
Op, I read your post and I have to say that I am sorry you found yourself in this situation.

First of all, the fact that you have endured through the beating and you have controlled yourself from hitting back all this while shows how responsible and mature you are. I wonder how many Nigerian men would let their wives hit them and they wouldn't hit back. Irrespective of her race.
Having said that, I think from everything you wrote, your wife is only annoyed because of the fact that you are giving financial assistance to your brother

Op, let me ask you this question, how huge is the money that you are disbursing to your family. Perhaps its a bit too much and hence your wife finding fault.
I believe you and your wife should sit together and talk things through.
Explain to her why you have to help your brother. Tell her that if not from the help your brother rendered to you, you wouldn't have met her in the first place

Your wife is a business minded woman. She believes the business won't grow as it is supposed to, if you keep on giving money out
I think you and your wife should sit down and plan your spending
You should agree on the amount of money you would dissipate to your family
I think she should understand

I also believe your wife gets angry because of the fact that you don't inform her before you give money to your people
You both run a partnership business with the same account number so its best you inform her before lending out money

Op I believe your wife loves you and you love her equally. Please don't let this issue lead to any problem in your marriage.
Your wife is hot tempered and you should talk to her. Caucasians tend to respond to talks
Sit her down and advise her to improve on herself. She can be better person.
Or better still, get the services of a marriage counselor

Op, I hope I helped.
I wish you success in both your marriage and business.

Thanks and God bless
I respect you for the matured solution you have given to the problem.Well,I don't need to type any thing on this matter since you have typed and giving out the solution to the problem.Well type bro.
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Babs24: 5:30pm On Feb 28, 2015
searching4love:

Guy i was once a nice guy. Na woman turn me to wild beast. So no blame me

Oh! I see...
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 28, 2015
SirShymexx:

Better add that shyte, my doozy. grin

Quick and effective - blam blam! cool

Tested & effective?? cheesy
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Spirit1(m): 5:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
bokom:
Hello Guys

My name is UD (not real name), a Nigerian and i am married to European who is 10 years older than me. We met in Europe but got married in Lagos.

Well, after our marriage, we always have family issues and fights like every other couple, but the problem i am having with my wife is that any time we are having our small misunderstanding, she always gets physical.. Initially, its just a small slap to my face and some nail scratching on my body here and there. And when this started in Europe, i will always try to walk away or hold her hands to calm her down, but seems the more i take the beatings, the more courage and bold she becomes in always hitting me during an argument or small misunderstanding with her.

Recently, we both came back to Nigeria for a business we brought down from Europe, and since we started living in Nigeria, i couldn't hold myself any longer as i have tried so in so many occasions to avoid hitting her back, but at a point i couldn't take it any more and i had to hit her back! though not so hard, but like oyibos, her skin where i hit her turned purple color and the next day everybody at our office was looking at me like the devil himself and a woman beater... I felt very very bad that i swore never to touch her again!

But last night she came all out for me again, hitting me, throwing lamps and whatever at me, and i lost it again and had to hit her! This time a bit hard! Please what am i supposed to do because i don't feel good after this fights especially when i have to hit her back.

And some of you might ask, why are we always fighting Well, i happens to be the bread winner in my family, but my wife doesn't understand why i should give money to my brother to help him in his business or pay for a new home for my mum. She said my family is too lazy and they should go and fend for themselves. My family is all i had and i feel obliged to help them even as i have a joint business venture with my wife and we run same account, thus finds out anytime i give them money. My brother was the one who helped and paid for my studies in Europe when his business was moving fine...now i feel i have to support him too because he has some problems with his business, but my oyibo wife will not hear of it and thus leads to our fighting and she getting physical with me..

Please guys, advise me what to do if you are in my shoes...only matured advises needed. Thanks

My brother, no matter what happens THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO HIT A WOMAN. Your ability to control your temper is the test of a true man.

Sit down with her, talk things over. Explain our culture of giving to family and supporting each other to her. It will take time for her to understand. Be patient. She truly doesn't get it.
You need to put yourself in her shoes. When she says your family is lazy, she truly believes it but you and I know that it is not true and the explanation is more complex than she sees it.
You made a personal decision to marry a foreigner with a different culture and understanding of life, you have to help her over time to appreciate our way of life.

Stop hitting her bro, you are a wife beater and your behavior is abhorrent until you stop!!!

Apologize to her today and start the process of healing. This will take time. Be patient.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Funkychic(f): 5:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hehehehe....wey searching4love and his 'teamforeigngirls'? ....hope una dey read dis thread so?
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by ghetto101(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
i feel you brother,they don't understand our Africa way of life,i live in europe so i now how it's.talking about the real problem she heating you first,that i don't knw what to say or what advice i should give to you i will beg you with God to try never to heat her back again becos u knw ur woman can send you to prison with that if you return to europe and plz check she is not keeping pictures of her skin,you can never tell.when she start that why not try leaving the house?go out then when you return seat her down and try talking to her

bokom:
Hello Guys

My name is UD (not real name), a Nigerian and i am married to European who is 10 years older than me. We met in Europe but got married in Lagos.

Well, after our marriage, we always have family issues and fights like every other couple, but the problem i am having with my wife is that any time we are having our small misunderstanding, she always gets physical.. Initially, its just a small slap to my face and some nail scratching on my body here and there. And when this started in Europe, i will always try to walk away or hold her hands to calm her down, but seems the more i take the beatings, the more courage and bold she becomes in always hitting me during an argument or small misunderstanding with her.

Recently, we both came back to Nigeria for a business we brought down from Europe, and since we started living in Nigeria, i couldn't hold myself any longer as i have tried so in so many occasions to avoid hitting her back, but at a point i couldn't take it any more and i had to hit her back! though not so hard, but like oyibos, her skin where i hit her turned purple color and the next day everybody at our office was looking at me like the devil himself and a woman beater... I felt very very bad that i swore never to touch her again!

But last night she came all out for me again, hitting me, throwing lamps and whatever at me, and i lost it again and had to hit her! This time a bit hard! Please what am i supposed to do because i don't feel good after this fights especially when i have to hit her back.

And some of you might ask, why are we always fighting Well, i happens to be the bread winner in my family, but my wife doesn't understand why i should give money to my brother to help him in his business or pay for a new home for my mum. She said my family is too lazy and they should go and fend for themselves. My family is all i had and i feel obliged to help them even as i have a joint business venture with my wife and we run same account, thus finds out anytime i give them money. My brother was the one who helped and paid for my studies in Europe when his business was moving fine...now i feel i have to support him too because he has some problems with his business, but my oyibo wife will not hear of it and thus leads to our fighting and she getting physical with me..

Please guys, advise me what to do if you are in my shoes...only matured advises needed. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Lightening: 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
Lildreezy:
lmao! I actually thought she was a blackbelt holder until i read the post again.

Op this one is strong, I'm thinking she came from a violence prone home, because a lady raised by a queen will always treat her husband like a king. Anyway, you need a neutral 3rd party to sit her down and get it into her skull that african men don't take shiid... A pst or marraige counselor will do. The american perspective of 'looking out for family' is quite diff from what we have here.
In the meantime do everything possible to avoid any squabble even if you have to leave the house.
Don't ever return the punches, when she comes to her senses, she will forever appreciate you for this, trust me, I learnt this from my mom. Never raise a hand on ur woman even if shes a lunatic

When she comes to her senses from violently hitting the husband, she will then appreciate the husband maybe dead? If he happened.to survive the attack, she will keep loosing and regaining her sences at the husbands expense all in a.bid to.be.appreciated afterwards.

A recurrently violent.woman does not deserve these courtesies.
My 10 cents.
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by SirShymexx: 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
Ogbeche77:
Tested & effective?? cheesy

Lmao...tried, tested, and certified once. It happened with reflex action and I saw the result. So, I noted it down and that's what I prescribe to folks all the time. I can't beat a chic cos I'll most likely end up in jail for a long time. grin

But that ish - it's the holy grail. No Hail Mary though cos you might hit a next place and get yourself in trouble - just accurate one-two like Mayweather's jabs, albeit with some power.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Edusouls(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
my friend this is the ideology of western ladies and people, they feel that somebody borrowing money or been given money is lazy they love hardwork and been independent! But you must and alway keep helping your brother no matter what? And in good heart it Is an obligation to you, he is ur brother and more or less helped you stand, dont give in to her pressure, she is a woman and wont understand, talk to her if she still resist, go secret by opening a different bank account and continue your gud work, for any reason, if you stop helping your brother God himself wont be happy with you. You will continue helping your brother till death parts..
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by rhames(m): 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
]uote author=bokom post=31170420]Hello Guys

Please guys, advise me what to do if you are in my shoes...only matured advises needed. Thanks[/quote]
[b]
One of the greatest problems with those of us who marry non-Africans is our inability to orientate their spouses about African culture and its attendant features. The African family is a bonded and inseparable one, therefore only an African married to a fellow African can understand that we are our brothers keeper. There is no justification for the beatings but lets be frank:you caused it. How? From what I read about you and your wife, you hid a lot of things from her right from the onset. You would have told her everything about yourself. A white woman will never stop you from helping someone who was responsible for your success. However there must be a limit to doing that.

You have to sit her down now and tell her about your culture and how you are obligated to the people who made you what you are even if she does not give a damn. No one bites the finger that fed him. You must behave like a man but be wise enough to make a decision. As for her violent behaviour you have to work on that. Watch her mood whenever she is happy and tell her about all the sweet things she is to you and apologise for those things that went bad. A white woman will understand that you are trying to mend fences with her.

AS for those Africans intending to marry white women, your first port of call is to be open about everything and your telling her about your life and our communal culture. I am able to do give this advise because white women are delicate. They hate dishonesty and lack of understanding.

Good luck and God speed.Amen.[/b][/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
Funkychic:
Hehehehe....wey searching4love and his 'teamforeigngirls'? ....hope una dey read dis thread so?

So undecided
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by GentleToks(m): 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hi Op, first and foremost, you have sold yourself out before now to your wife. You may not agree with me but trust me, you are sold out for d reason best known to u. You belong to d group of foolish men that are being subconsciously coerced into believing that women can slap and beat you and get away with it by these 21st century useless ladies (Go through ladies' comments here and see the ones that were well brought up and the ones that re equally brought up from d gutter).

Real men have now become a scarce commodity in 21st century for God sake. Women are now slapping these children who called themselves married men, married men indeed. Crying and spitting on this generation. It's now obvious to me why the present generation are not deemed worthy to hold political offices.

You are finished in that marriage if you yet to realise it. Even if you stop giving that money to your family today, other issues would come up soon and your wife will result to what she knows how to do best; beat and slap you of course. Ode, I rebuke children like you in my lineage ijn, Amen.

And guess what, being stupid like this is what kills marriage faster than what men thought. If you think being slapped and kicked will make women appreciate you, you better think twice cos when d right time comes, she ll be d one to dump your ass for a real man.

Finally, this issue is quite simple if you are a real man (Don't listen to these children of no substance and pedigree). The ones saying you are mature and all that crap.

It's not too late young man, stand your ground now and be free for life or play this 21st century mumu husband (like some ladies and guys advising u to do here) and remain in this predicament for life.

NB: If she slap you once, make sure you slap her 10times. It's either she leaves and you have your sanity back or stays and give you that respect you deserve

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
missjenna:

No, why not I do you the pleasure
Mama Amaka, give this guy I Noreos biscuit and 2 kulikuli

Don't worry, I will paygringringrin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by 50calibre(m): 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
SirShymexx:

Highly effective medicine for aggressive psychopaths, especially when you have got big knuckles. It's for defensive purposes and just make sure you don't go beyond that region cos women are too fragile and weak. grin

But darn!! This guy is soft - white women naturally fear black men too much to raise their hands against them. If it had been a naija woman, it won't be shocking cos most of them secrete high testosterone.

Lol very effective indeed! I've tasted a few growing up, and the pain induces temporary paralysis of that arm just like a punch to the rib cage.

The punch has to be measured anyway to avoid damaging a ligament or something as that will show up in an xray.

The guy probably grovels at her feet, so that's given her the added courage to lay her hands on him knowing he don't bite. That's what happens when a black man goes soft.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Funkychic(f): 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
searching4love:

So undecided

so you get ready
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
DollyParton1:
Your wife is beating you, and you are here asking what you should do. If she were to be Nigerian, u won't be asking that question, as u would have beaten the hell out of here the first time She tried to give u a light slap on your face. But because she is a snow bunny, she gets a free pass.
Next time she slaps one side, abeg turn the other side for her to balance biko. Be a true follower of Jesus.

Uncountable likes.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by demelza: 6:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
Iamsynord:
Behave like David in the Bible,whenever she is angry, get a Harp and String and Play her nice tunes..Not Ur bumbum is bigger than Bombay or Dorobucci o, play her like ASA,Adele, Ed sheer an,John legend,Jeremih ehn ..that evil spirit go vammose
grin Werey grin

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2015
DollyParton1:

Lawd!!!! Deliverance from what?

U are killing me mehn!
But seriously, deliverance from what

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
kliq:

Yes o or better still Rapid Response Squad

cheesy
cheesy it is well o...

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 28, 2015
50calibre:

Then you're so dumb, and deserves whatever she does you.
...if you're in his shoes,you can resort to violence as long as you deem fit.you can prove you are not bigger dumb by meting out similar violence to her-it's prerogatory...
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Mufasa27(m): 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
ok bite him prick embarassed
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by iGeneral: 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
This is a case of a senior sister disciplining a badly behaved younger brother. Ten year seniority na joke?

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by pearlyshel: 6:39pm On Feb 28, 2015
It's common thing that most Nigerian/Africa men are unarguably disrespectful to their wives. Little wonder they can not live in societies where people are treated equally and with respect regardless of their age or gender..much of preceeding comments prove this

@OP, how would you feel if tables were turned round and you 'heard' your wife bought a mansion for her own mother from that common purse you are talking about without the decency of at least informing you - just like you did?

She did not stop there, she just concluded the purchase of a 5* hotel for her sister. Oh mind you, her sister financed her education right from college to university, in fact she still in debt for that!. Now, she's out of job .now is the time to repay her kindness and don't worry there is always money in the account. Your wife has not told you again, in fact your house help sneakingly told you just yesterday ...!

Now again, your wife best friend has just called you, to thank your wife on her behalf cos your wife just paid her 3 kids tuition fees since her husband is late this morning.

These events are making you angry that you are not only going to beat her up but also divorce her....on top that again, she tells you its not your business knowing what she does with the money after all you don't make the money alone....grrrrrrrrrrh! How cannot imagine what a typical Nigeria husband would do. Infact, it is better imagined than experienced!

You cannot be spending without her consent and you think she should not go mad regardless of who and why.

Her getting angry or 'beating' you, won't solve the problem, it would rather compound her own problems and enemies simply because you have/would have told people who cared to listen that your wife doesn't want you to spend for your family.

Rather, let her adopt 'you spend I spend code'. No questions asked. Maybe then, you would understand her anger and reasons. Let us see if you will still remain the 'good guy' you are claiming to be.

The good book says, ''do unto others like you want them to you" anything short of that is wickedness. Shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by meimoks(f): 6:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
[quote author=Justfollowit post=31170921]‘Foreign women are the best'

I laugh in Swahili

On a more serious note

Divorce her or get rid her. She is not human and therefore shouldn't be treated
as such.[

She's human joor, she's just showing him international love
I bet if it were a Nigerian woman by now she'll be in her father's house

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 28, 2015
How won't she spank you like her PIKIN when you went to go and marry your MUMMY grin

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
Caracta:

Oh lawd!
lol...it's just reality dear. these things happen. your eyes aren't open enough to see them and your mind isn't liberal enough to accept them.
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by Edunwa302(m): 6:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
@op please change ur heading to, I m being physically abuse by my husband.......Abeg u dey shame us d real men
Re: Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? by JayJustus(m): 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2015
Justfollowit:

Someone who would hit another human, not just any human o

Her spouse, husband, partner, father of her kids and lover

Don't sugar quote it

She is a monster

FYI

Abusers never change

Do not ever in your life advise a woman or man to endure with an abusive partner.

there are always ways people can be tamed..k,thx,bye

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help / People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.