Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? (52802 Views)

Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible / Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 9:17am On Feb 22, 2016
Empiree:

Scholar8200:
GOD as we know Him!
Emp:
So God is omnipotent, omniscience, He has No beginning, No Ending. Thats very correct. How then can you explain how Jesus is God knowing fully well he has the beginning (i:e born from woman's vagina, circumcised, breastfed, grew up like you and I) and according to you, he died; which means that was his end. How does that compared to the former?. Can you reason?. Or you gonna tell me later run that it is just a mystery?
Before He was born, He had been existing with the Father. That is why it is written, The Word was made flesh!

The is becoming a case of "sumu bukum umuyun fahum laa yari jiun". i:e deaf, dump and blind, they will not return to the straight Path Q 2:18

And your Bible said something similar

"Because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." - Matthew 13:13
Sound familiar?
Who did the Bible refer to there? The People who did not recognise His being the Messiah!

Jesus never said this to Peter when the latter declared by Inspiration,"Thou art the Christ, The Son of the Living God"! Why? It Agrees with Scripture just like Jesus said in MAtthew 22:42-44

Sch8200:
The concept of One being with the Father from the beginning was obviously taken by Heriaclitus around 6BC (not even Philo) and defaced to reflect Gnostics' belief of there being many intermediaries between God and the material world and Gnostics further claim that Logos was the highest of all the intermediaries! This is an obvious theft of Inspiration/Intellectual material from the Hebrews by the Greeks, and prostituting same to reflect one's belief (A skill much used by Gnostics and attempted by the learner who forged the 'gospel of Barnabas' trying to steal the Gospel and weave Islam into it but he failed woefully!)
Emp:
Honestly, it is really irrelevant to me whether it was plagiarized by Philo or not. Born of contention is Jesus is NOT God. God merely breath Jesus's soul in Mary(p) and she conceived Jesus(p). Very simple and straightforward. Whats all that 'he became flesh after he came down and all that?. Does that make sense to you?. Where did Jesus make such allegations?
For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
John 6:38
Here in one sentence, He reveals both His Pre-existence and His Incarnation!Ditto this:

28[b] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father[/b].

29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.
John 16:28,29

Sch8200
Now let's see the belief in the Father and Son as shown in the OTsadRemember that all these were written milleniums before Heriaclitus!

1. Psalm 110:1
The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand,
until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Bare in mind that David who wrote this was an Israelite who believed that,"the Lord our God is One Lord!
This is a mystery!
Emp:
Good thing you even brought OT into this. I am sure you do not believe David(p) is God?. If so reading the verse you cited, in your opinion, it is mystery because it appears there are Two Lords refernce in the verse. Bible translators did a very bad job. There are other translations of the Bible with lower case for the second person 'lord'. A similar passage can be found in Matthew 22:44

"The Lord said to my lord, "Sit at my right hand, until I put your enemies under your feet"'?
[/quote] Matthew 22:44 was Jesus revealing that that verse spoke about the Messiah: Jesus further establishing my point that Jesus had been there all along before He became flesh else how did David see Him?!

42 saying, What think ye of [size=14pt]Christ[/size]? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
43 He saith unto them, [size=14pt]How then doth David in spirit call him Lord[/size], saying,
44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? 4
Matthew 22:42-44

This, I believe is a compelling proof of John 1:1 and the Divinity of Christ!

We have a case like this in Quran as well:

"And remember that Abraham was tried by his Lord with certain commands,....." {Surah Al-Baqara, 124}

^ read the verse carefully. The first person singular who is conveying this message is Allah(God). Read the way the way the sentence is constructed with the second 'person' Lord with upper letter L. Is that referring to another Creator (of Abraham)? Answer is no. There is nothing mystical about it. The Lord mentioned in this verse refers to Allah.
Consider the context of Matthew22:44 and see that there is a difference!

It is like this; when i was a boy and i would do something silly, my mommy would rebuff me and said these words:

"If you mommy is saying something you have got to listen"

Now, it was only two of us but I mommy mentions another mommy in this sentence. Is she referring to someone else? Answer that, please?

Here are other similar verses in the Quran

"Behold! his Lord said to him: "Bow (thy will to Me):" He said: "I bow (my will) to the Lord and Cherisher of the Universe." (Surah Al-Baqara, 131)

Read this:

"And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, "My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You." [Allah] said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me." But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, "Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."

Many more of that in the Quran.
David here describes a conversation between Two Divine Personalities, not God and man.

Now, the verse you quoted above as reference, according to you there are multiple Lords including David, if David(p) was also in spirit as Bible writers want us to believe, why is he not also God?. I hope I am making sense to you?. I really can not help you further with this. It is no mystery at all. The Bible translators and writers misused upper and lower cases a lot....inappropriately.
I believe Jesus' quoting that verse in reference to the Messiah should clear your doubts here. Being in spirit is used to refer to being under the Inspirational influence of the HOLY SPIRIT (not ANY angel)! Consider this:
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
Revelations 1:10
Got it?

Once again remember that these were people whose rallying cry was:
Hear O Israel, the Lord your God is One Lord!
It is not complicated at all. You need to question Bible translators/writers. Despite them being english speakers, they did bad job.

This is Islam: "Hear O Israel, the Lord your God is One Lord!". Thats called "tawheed" in Islam i:e Oneness of God. Very clear and straightforward. Refer to analysis given above.
Also refer to the Psalm 110:1/Matthew 22:44 explanation above. Jesus made it clear.

Sch8200:
Now we see an obvious contradiction by Philo and his ilks:

Philo&co : Logos is a thought or reason hence when God expresses the word, He says Be and it is so.

Now the same Philo: ]u]Logos is the highest of the demiurges,[/u] an intermediary between God and the material world!

Here Philo tries real hard to reconcile his jewish background and his hellenistic philosophies the result? CONFUSION!

Where exactly do they stand!? This happens and proves that the Fact of the Divine Nature was stolen and there was a battle in keeping the concept while at the same time prostituting it to suit their purposes!
Emp:
I am not relying on Philo's theory per se. I only brought up his idea to counter your claims. Philo's theory also somehow complicated actually. Indeed, Philo did make good point contrary to your claims that God can be God and man at the same time. But Philo did not consider God similar to heaven, the world, or man; his God existed neither in time nor space and had no human attributes or emotions. He argued that God has no attributes, in consequence no name, and for that reason he cannot be perceived by man. Philo's views @underlined is very similar to Islam.
Well you are the one that invited Philo here.

Quran says God Allah is above heavens

Allah (swt) says

“He is the one who created the heavens and the earth in six days and then made istiwa (rose over) over his throne.” [EMQ Hadid: 4]

God does have Attributes that are Majestic. Philo also said he does not compare God to man or His creation. And that God cannot be perceived. This is very true. Qurand and Bible agree with this except that chritians contradict the Bible a lot.

Here is Quran:

"[He is] Creator of the heavens and the earth. He has made for you from yourselves, mates, and among the cattle, mates; He multiplies you thereby. There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing." Q 42:11

"LORD, there is no one like you! For you are great, and your name is full of power" Jeremiah 10:6

"Isaiah 46:9 — For I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me." Question: How is Jesus God?. How is he like God?
Why did you guys messed up everything in the NT baffles me.

Herer again, Quran declares:

"There is no one to share His dominion, nor does He take an aide or supporter from His creatures. He is nearer to man than man's own jugular vein." Al-Qur'an 50:16

The verse ^ debunks your claim 3 in 1 theory, trashes your man-god theory and so fourth.

As long as you believe Jesus was God's creature, we will never agree here! And why would Isaiah (a real Israelite who you just quoted write thus by Inspiration:
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,
The mighty God,
The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

I maintain, they believed and still believe GOD is One but they also realised that His Nature is a Mystery!

Furthermore, the royal 'We' referred to by Muslims in the Quran is not used in the Bible. You find passages like this also by Isaiah:

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
Isaiah 6:8
The Lord here is the same as the second in Psalm 110:1 - the Pre-Incarnated Son! do a hebrew study on both!

Sch8200:
Now then Why did John retain the Word Logos? Simple. It was known to the Hebrews that Wisdom was the One that Expressed/Revealed the Father:
Emp:
I am glad at underlined. It was John doing his thing NOT Jesus(p), NOT under Jesus supervision. And Jesus spoke Aramaic not Hebrew. Hence, still hold no water. Unless and until you can point out with 100% FACT it was Jesus made the statement in John 1:1, which does not make sense to begin with, this case is dismissed. Even Bible commentary on this passage makes no sense.
That's because you want to hold to your opinion. Fine!

Sch8200:
Besides, the Gnostic Greeks regards matter (eg the flesh) to be intrinsically evil hence the Word being made flesh is in total contradistinction with the Philo/Grecian/Gnostic views!
Emp:
And where are you driving at here?. I support Philo on this one. You believe in the former (theory) which has no Divine basis.
The highlighted has been clarified. Besides, do you mean you agree in the intrinsically evil nature of the flesh and all material things as the Gnostics do?

This is why the same John, having these Grecio/Gnostic corrupters in mind said:

and every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1John 4:3
Emp:
Hold on. I am confused here. What are you saying?. Whats your creed of this verse?
That John was actually warning against the contaminatory efforts of the Gnostics who believe the Word never became flesh because to them, the flesh is intrinsically evil! Now this further shows that John simply recovered the Facts and Understanding stolen as it were by the Gnostic Greeks!

Sch8200:
Interesting, now read and judge:

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 1:18
So , was this also mistranslated? The Son IS the Word as Hebrews 1:2,3 confirms. Note that John did not write Hebrews and the thought here agrees with the Son revealing/expressing the Father!
Emp:
Can you see this is in conflict with other Bible verses and Quran?. And even it is in conflict with other Bible version. This verse in itself is confusion. Now read these Versions

English Standard Version
"No one has ever seen God; the only God[b], who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known.

[b]International Standard Version
"No one has ever seen God. The unique God, who is close to the Father's side, has revealed him."

GOD'S WORD® Translation
No one has ever seen God. God's only Son, the one who is closest to the Father's heart, has made him known.

Young's Literal Translation
God no one hath ever seen; the only begotten Son, who is on the bosom of the Father -- he did declare.

The versions are confusing let alone compare them with this Bible verse:
That's why we Christians denounce some versions. Now go compare the Greek here:http://biblehub.com/interlinear/john/1-18.htm
and Aramaic here http://biblehub.com/aramaic-english-gospels/john/1.htm. The translations using Son sought to be faithful to the context; the transliterations were what they were!

"And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form," - John 5:37
SPoken after the Word was made flesh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 9:49am On Feb 22, 2016
Empiree:
Yes, of course but only in the sense that He (God) NOT Jesus has no beginning, no ending, not born of human, does not eat, drink, sleep, does not die, was not hanged or nailed, can not be seen by human, does not look like human or anything, has no genealogy. And the list goes on. That is mystery.

But Jesus is not because he had the beginning (was born by a woman). He died according to you( was captured, hanged or nailed on the cross), he ate, he slept, he poo poo, he has genealogy, he was seen by human and the list goes on.

See how simple that was?. That's Islam. Nothing complicated at all. Two distinctive (B)beings.
Refer to the recent clarification on the fact of the Pre-existence of Christ before He was made flesh!

Refer to the explanations above. The Nature of God is also a mystery, but this much has been revealed.

Meaning there is no part of the Quran that actually/expressedly verifies that hadith?
I'd rather ignore this because you will never understand if you dont understand identity of Jesus let alone God. No pawn intended
Alright on what basis was that hadith validated?

Sch8200:
Now is it allowed that a hadith validates another hadith? Especially when the former might not (subject to your answer to penultimate question)have been expressedly validated in the Quran?
Emp:
@underlined, yes. It is called "mutawathir" when a hadith has sound chains of narration to the prophet(p) himself, especially when the ahadith are identical and expressed or narrated by different sahaba multiple times. So it applies to the issue of 'grant'. Dajjal is also a case study.

By what means is the highlighted measured? Does that not mean anyone can fabricate something carefully ensuring that it meets that specification?

Empire.e:
I will ask you same question asked in the book i posted. Who is God?. Who is Holy Spirit or Ghost?, Who is Jesus?. You do not need to sweat to answer this. Very simple question. Muslims can answer this question in a simple word.
The Answer: GOD.

Sch8200:
To deny the Divinity of the Son is to deny everything about the Work of Redemption! How then is such an one a Christian? It is a mystery revealed to an extent. But we cannot force our intellect to complete the parts not revealed in understanding. That will be heretical.
Emp:
In that case how about other Sons of God mentioned in the Bible?. Aren't they supposed to be Divine as well since they too are Sons?. Listen uncle scholar, you dont understand. What Bible meant by Son/son is metaphorical. If you said no, then, this is in conflict with ALL three (God, Holy Ghost and Jesus) you mentioned above because you said all three are God and now you said Son is also God. Who is the "Son" ?
None was described as being with God from the beginning! None was called only Begotten (as the Greek and Aramaic agree). There is a difference between those sons and The Son!

Quran condemns this;

And say, "Praise to Allah , who has not taken a son and has had no partner in [His] dominion and has no [need of a] protector out of weakness; and glorify Him with [great] glorification." Sura 17:111

"And they say, "The Most Merciful has taken [for Himself] a son.",' preach a monstrous falsehood, at which the very heavens might crack, the earth split asunder, and the mountains crumble to dust. That they attribute to the Most Merciful a son, And it is not appropriate for the Most Merciful that He should take a son.." Sura 19:88-

"Say, [O Muhammad], {to the Christians} "If the Most Merciful had a son, then I would be the first of [his] worshippers." Surah 43:81

"And to warn those who say, " Allah has taken a son." They have no knowledge of it, nor had their fathers. Grave is the word that comes out of their mouths; they speak not except a lie." Surah 18: 4-5
Well, I stand with the Bible! All these you quoted came up only around 500-600 AD/CE! What then?

Sch8200
When the Father said (referring to the Son):
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Hebrews 1:8
Isaiah also called the Son the Mighty God! Isaiah was also an Israelite who cried, Hear O Israel, the Lord thy God is One Lord!

Do I have perfect understanding thereof? No. Do I believe it? Yes, God said it!
Emp:
Good. @bolded, so why wasn't Isaiah Divine as well.....since he's also called Son with upper case 'S'?. Are you being discriminatory and cherry picking here? "son" is metaphorical?.
Where was Isaiah called son? I said Isaiah also called the SON(The Pre-Incarnated Christ) the Mighty God!

I asked: " Who was governing the rest of the planet at that point the flesh suffered limitations?"

You Said:

GOD of course! The Omnipotent,Omniscient and Omnipresent!
Yes Jesus even said, " The FAther that dwelleth in Me, He does the Works" and furthermore Jesus said," if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God"
John 14:10, Matthew 12:28. This underscores His Omnipresence and that this Divine attribute was unaffected when the Word became flesh!
Emp:
Confusion. Mister, it is time to transit from Christianity to Islam. Your choice
When Christianity says: God is 3 in 1 and that's the mystery of the Divine Nature. Agreed to since the time of the OT (BCE period).

And Muslims say: God's nature is clear enough but turn around to say the Spirit of God is a mystery which they cannot fully explain! what then? If you can easily set forth the Divine nature how come the Spirit proceeding from God becomes a Mystery so difficult to understand? God is not a mystery but the Spirit that proceeds from Him is

Furthermore, how does Ruh al-Qudus apply to two personalities there being no variations that help in identifying who/Who is intended?

Sch8200
And was Mohammed's witness in agreement with that of Jesus' disciples! If the Criteria for the mortal men here was that they had ben with Him from the commencement of His earthly ministry, does Muhammed, another mortal, qualify on this ground?
Emp:
It was only a revelation to Muhammad(p). He was not there when Jesus was said to have foretold of him. Allah only relaid the message to him in the Quran to assure him of his messangership and prophethood
It can never be! The Comforter was to witness alongside the Disciples not after! Besides, there is an embarrasingly stark difference between The witness of the disciples and that of Mohammed!

Sch8200
If the only way Jesus would be glorified was to be by writing, then the Spanish author of the failed 'gospel of barnabas' could also make similar claims on ground of his book!
Emp:
And what other way(s) do you also anticipate. Elaborate, please?.

Jesus said the Spirit will:

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
John16:14,15

Sch8200:
Note that this was a promise for the future!
Emp:
Yup!. At the time Jesus(p) made the prophecy, Muhammad (p) was yet to arrive. What other future do you anticipate, past or present?
Ezekiel made the prophecy in Ezekiel 36:27, of the Spirit dwelling in the believers.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

This was to be fulfilled after Christ! The Spirit could never be a man! THe audience were quite familiar with people having the Spirit upon them!

Sch8200:
If this be true then Jesus was actually crucified and He died!!! Then, His resurrection is likewise true!!! Else, He is not there meaning the claim that all mankind goes there is Wrong! Otherwise, He is not ordinary Man hence though HE came as a Man, He still did not go there because He was also beyond Man! By implication, the record and account in the Bible is right ab initio!
Any objections?

But the distinctness of the Personalities has been established?!
Emp:
@underlined, to keep it simple and staright forward, since you said Jesus is god, then it means your God was killed by the very same people he created, correct?. THINK BROTHER, think.
Before I answer, kindly answer my questions on purgatory and Jesus being there as was claimed!

Jesus Appears to the Disciples

Now, concerning so called death of Jesus or the alleged crucifixion, Bible disagrees with you, sir. There is no need to post Quran.

As disciples thought was dead, Jesus appeared to them as reported by Luke, (Luke 24:36-50)
Since you want to use the Bible, see this:

25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, [size=14pt]Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side,[/b[/size]] I will not believe.

26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: [b][b]then came Jesus[/b]
, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 [b][b]Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing
[/b
][/b]John 20:25-27

The print of the crucifixion nails and the lacerations of the spear in His side were there for Thomas to see! He was crucified!

36 While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”
i:e Salaam Alaikum
Spoken not in arabic and has being a way of greeting long before this time!

37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost.

38 He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds?

39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”[u] shocked shocked shocked grin

41 And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, [u]“Do you have anything here to eat?”

42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish,

43 and he took it and ate it in their presence.

Anything else?
He rose from the dead!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 9:04pm On Feb 22, 2016
Scholar8200:

***Before He was born, He had been existing with the Father. That is why it is written, The Word was made flesh!

***For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of [size=15pt]him that sent[/size] me.
John 6:38

***[size=25pt]I[/size] came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, [size=25pt]I[/size] leave the world, and go to the Father

***42 saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.

***I believe Jesus' quoting that verse in reference to the Messiah should clear your doubts here. Being in spirit is used to refer to being under the Inspirational influence of the HOLY SPIRIT (not ANY angel)! Consider this:
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
Revelations 1:10
Got it?

***As long as you believe Jesus was God's creature, we will never agree here! And why would Isaiah (a real Israelite who you just quoted write thus by Inspiration:

***For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,
The mighty God,
The everlasting Father,

The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

***I maintain, they believed and still believe GOD is One but they also realised that His Nature is a Mystery!

Furthermore, the royal 'We' referred to by Muslims in the Quran is not used in the Bible. You find passages like this also by Isaiah:

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. Isaiah 6:8

Brother, for God's sake, I really want to help you here. You just keep digging hole for yourself when i read your replies. Sometimes, i just wait it out and relax myself before responding bcus I feel like you are unconsciously coalescing identity of Jesus. This get muslims tired. As you can see from op's picture signature, he's tired. When I read over your reply now, it seems like you dont really listen to yourself. I dont blame bcus you kind of humble in your responses. I want to get you to Think and REASON again using your very own replies. I also think Christians play "hide and seek" game. That is, they use "flesh" to describe Jesus where and when it is convenient for them. Maybe we need to get neutral person to give their opinion on this. I mean non-muslim, non-christian. Now pay close attention at underlined and at bolded. They are your words.

Point #1: Now look at the first underlined, you said he was born. He in the sentence refers to Jesus, correct?. So Jesus was born. But earlier, remember you said God has no beginning, no ending and the Bible says nothing looks like him. But Jesus looks like us.

Point #2: Bolded part says "I came down from heaven" which could also mean he was born. We all (including empire and scholar) came down from heaven in that sense. So he came down for ministry not of his(Jesus) own accord but (read the last clause) on behalf of the One (God) who sent him(Jesus). Can you see two different personalities in this passage of the Bible?. The verse is very clear that Jesus is a messenger. I know you gonna bring about "he was in flesh". Honestly, that's a theory innovated - that has absolutely nothing significant. I am doing breakdown for you sir.

Point #3 Look at this verse of the Bible 'I' i:e Jesus came from the Father. The same 'I' appears in the second sentence I leave the world, and go to the Father. "Father in this sentence is God indicating another personality. Two different people. Which indicates that he was sent by God to Children of Israel to deliver message like other prophets and messengers before him. And then he(Jesus) went back to Him(Allah), just like other prophets. Are you getting it, sir?

Point #4: Here Jesus is called son of David. He is also called Son of God. I am sure he is also called son of other men in the Bible like - "Jesus son of Josef". This i have said earlier that "son" is metaphorically used in the Bible. Empire and scholar are also sons of God because we are debating intelligently and for others to learn few things as well. A thief who reforms himself is also son of God. A good Samaritan is also son of God. Remember in primary school, when we make noise in class, our teachers used to tell us to be quiet and they would say son of God dont make noise. Son of the devil do. This brings a critical question actually. If Jesus is Son of God (whatever that means to you), how then he is also the Father at the same time?.

Point #5: You called Jesus(p) a messiah @ underlined. What is messiah by definition?. The Bible verse you quoted indicating holy spirit does not in anyway proof Jesus's Divinity. Do you not have pastors who also claim they are in spirit (when they are doing their thing)?. Does that make them Divine?

Point #6: It is now clear by my breakdown now that Jesus the son of Mary, the messenger of God - (SENT) by God is God's creature?. I tried hard to break it down for you mister.

Point #7: You dont need Phd to figure out there is a conflict in Isaiah 9:6. a child is also the Father hummm. Remove the clog from your eyes mister.

Point #8: All God's prophets and messengers (including Jesus) believed in One God WITHOUT partner(s). The confusion lies with translators and writers of the Bible. For as long as you believe in the Bible, you will NEVER, ever be able to correctly figure out identity of Jesus. Bible clearly differentiate him from God. In other part it mixes them up which suggests CORRUPTION, DISTORTION, OMITTION and ADDITION of the Bible. Open your eyes. We talk about different Bible writers earlier in this thread, about unknown people from unknown places at unknown places. If this doesnt awake your heart i dont know what else will.. Mystery about God is, we do not know His beginning and He does not have ending. And other non- human Attributes of His. That's it. No human incarnation with God, no trinity etc.

Point #9: I dont think this is hard though. I am glad you understand the royal We unlike your fellow Christians who stubbornly distort it essence. Now let's break this down. Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. Isaiah 6:8

"I" represent Isaiah (or whoever the speaker was). Bolded part is God speaking (according to this verse). The last sentence "Then I said I , here I am ; send me." is the same first person speaking, Isaiah (or whoever the speaker was). This verse only needed to be properly punctuated. Thats all. Like this:

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?'. Then said 'I, Here am I; send me'".

Anything confusing you here?. "Us" in the verse denotes God. Royal Us.

-Who did the Bible refer to there? The People who did not recognise His being the Messiah!
Now, Jesus is Messiah here?. What is Messiah?

-Jesus never said this to Peter when the latter declared by Inspiration,"Thou art the Christ, The Son of the Living God"! Why? It Agrees with Scripture just like Jesus said in MAtthew 22:42-44
To be honest with you, I dont want to attach the quote for Mat 22:42-44. Dont want to waste more time. I believe Bible or Gospel needs to be rewrote with original manuscripts (which is unfortunately lost by 80 percent anyways). When i was reading Mat 22:42-44, the case letter for son and lord are lower cases. Also mixed with upper cases. This is clear deception and manipulation. In my opinion, if they are to ever re-write Bible, not only will they need to work on proper translation but also punctuations and cases. Your Book is very confusing. Thats why there are different doctrines in Christendom.

However, this is not by accident by the way. The reason you are all confused and having different doctrines is bcus you reject Faith(Truth). As a result of that, God sealed your heart. Read what Quran says to this effect. SUrah Maidah (5:14)

[Al-Muntakhab Translation]

"And with those who declare themselves Christians, We entered into a covenant: Never deviate from the path of righteousness and adhere faithfully to the authentic Scriptures. But they willfully neglected a part of what was imparted to them. In consequence, We stirred up enmity and hatred among them till the Day of Resurrection. Allah shall inform them of their habitual course of action relevant to their evil deeds, and punish them accordingly."

Muhammad Sarwar Translation

"We had made a solemn covenant with those who call themselves Christians, but they forgot their share of the guidance that was sent to them. We have induced hatred and animosity among them which will remain with them until the Day of Judgment when God will tell them about what they had done."

M. M. Pickthall Translation

"And with those who say: "Lo! we are Christians," We made a covenant, but they forgot a part of that whereof they were admonished. Therefore We have stirred up enmity and hatred among them till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will inform them of their handiwork."

See that ? ^. Christians will never agree on the identity of Jesus, NEVER! Some will continue to say Jesus is God until Judgement Day. Other Chrisrians will also say "no, he is not".

-The highlighted has been clarified. Besides, do you mean you agree in the intrinsically evil nature of the flesh and all material things as the Gnostics do?
First all, nothing wrong with flesh biologically. It is God who created it. God is Good. It depends on how we use ourselves. But to declare that "flesh" is inherently evil is vile. However, maybe I should ask you if what you meant by "flesh" here is different?.

-That John was actually warning against the contaminatory efforts of the Gnostics who believe the Word never became flesh because to them, the flesh is intrinsically evil! Now this further shows that John simply recovered the Facts and Understanding stolen as it were by the Gnostic Greeks!
Well, if you are referring to creation of Jesus @ underlined, yes, the Creative Power of Allah "Be! and he (Jesus came into being) and it is" brought Jesus into being. In that case, Jesus became a man born of woman. So yes, in that case Gnostics are incorrect. But while you are correct that Word became flesh, using that term, to you the Word that became flesh is God which is tantamount to falsehood. Allah was not present physically with Mary. It was Angel Gabriel, through him, Allah breathed into Maryam(as) of His(Allah) spirit.

That's why we Christians denounce some versions. Now go compare the Greek here:http://biblehub.com/interlinear/john/1-18.htm
and Aramaic here http://biblehub.com/aramaic-english-gospels/john/1.htm. The translations using Son sought to be faithful to the context; the transliterations were what they were!
Is there a legitimate body that oversees translations of the Bible?. For instance, in Islam, almost in every Muslim country, one can not just print Quran without going through extensive scrutiny. You can go to jail if you translate and print nonsense. Why dont they have the same institution in Christianity so that every Tom, Dick and Harry dont translate and print garbage?. Another Bible is about to be published, "Kanye Gospel". Perhaps this Bible will be Hip Hop friendly like Skate, Kiddie, Gay and Women's Gospels. The list goes on.

Emp.
"And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form," - John 5:37

Sch SPoken after the Word was made flesh!
Yes, it is always about the flesh. You use flesh when it sooths you. Allow me to do quick case experiment. Since you believe God, Jesus and holy Ghost are one (3-1), it means all three are not detachable, correct?. Implications are quiet profound. That means,

#when Jesus was on ministry on earth, the three of them are there all along

#he was flesh and at that moment or for those moment of years on earth, no one was custodian of heavens etc

#When Jesus was crucified (according to you), it means all three were on the cross together

#plus he was seen by people

Now, with these four implications mentioned above, clearly, they contradict John 5:37. So the idea of Jesus being God and man at the same time is nothing but innovation after Jesus.

Read this verse of Quran again.

"And with those who declare themselves Christians, We entered into a covenant: Never deviate from the path of righteousness and adhere faithfully to the authentic Scriptures. But they willfully neglected a part of what was imparted to them. In consequence, We stirred up enmity and hatred among them till the Day of Resurrection. Allah shall inform them of their habitual course of action relevant to their evil deeds, and punish them accordingly."

Covenant mentioned in the verse is the believe in and worship of One God which the verse further said you have forgotten. There is nowhere to my knowledge where Jesus acknowledged being God and flesh. This is forgery penned down by men after this mighty messenger of Allah had ascended. Enough said

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 11:55pm On Feb 22, 2016
Empiree:
Brother, for God's sake, I really want to help you here. You just keep digging hole for yourself when i read your replies. Sometimes, i just wait it out and relax myself before responding bcus I feel like you are unconsciously coalescing identity of Jesus. This get muslims tired. As you can see from op's picture signature, he's tired. When I read over your reply now, it seems like you dont really listen to yourself. I dont blame bcus you kind of humble in your responses. I want to get you to Think and REASON again using your very own replies. I also think Christians play "hide and seek" game. That is, they use "flesh" to describe Jesus where and when it is convenient for them. Maybe we need to get neutral person to give their opinion on this. I mean non-muslim, non-christian. Now pay close attention at underlined and at bolded.
The fact of the Word being made flesh for the purpose of redemption is the reason we have the Gospels! Claiming that it is an innovation or it's used for 'hide and seek' sounds very strange!

Point #1: Now look at the first underlined, you said he was born. He in the sentence refers to Jesus, correct?. So Jesus was born. But earlier, remember you said God has no beginning, no ending and the Bible says nothing looks like him. But Jesus looks like us.
Yes, He had to put on Humanity but He had always been with the Father! David called Him My Lord; John said He was before him(already explained); Himself said He was before Abraham. Your reaction to this suggests you might have supported those who wanted to stone Him when He said so.

Point #2: Bolded part says "I came down from heaven" which could also mean he was born. We all (including empire and scholar) came down from heaven in that sense. So he came down for ministry not of his(Jesus) own accord but (read the last clause) on behalf of the One (God) who sent him(Jesus). Can you see two different personalities in this passage of the Bible?. The verse is very clear that Jesus is a messenger. I know you gonna bring about "he was in flesh". Honestly, that's a theory innovated - that has absolutely nothing significant. I am doing breakdown for you sir.
Is there ANY prophet that used that statement as a metaphor? NO! Taking it literally corresponds with the other passages about Him as One Who had been with the Father!
Would you have joined the council in condemning Him when He told them they would see Him at the
Right Hand of the Father?

Point #3 Look at this verse of the Bible 'I' i:e Jesus came from the Father. The same 'I' appears in the second sentence I leave the world, and go to the Father. "Father in this sentence is God indicating another personality. Two different people. Which indicates that he was sent by God to Children of Israel to deliver message like other prophets and messengers before him. And then he(Jesus) went back to Him(Allah), just like other prophets. Are you getting it, sit?
which other prophet made use of similar statements? Taking it literally agrees with other NT and OT passages about Him. Assuming that it is metaphorical puts it at variance with many passages of scripture!

Point #4: Here Jesus is called son of David. He is also called Son of God. I am sure he is also called son of other men in the Bible like Jesus son of Josef. This i have said earlier that "son" is metaphorically used in the Bible. Empire and scholar are also sons of God because we are debating intelligently and for others to learn few tings as well. A thief who reforms himself is also son of God. A good Samaritan is also son of God. Remember in primary school, when we make noise in class, our teachers used to tell us to be quiet and they would say son of God dont make noise. Son of the devil do. This brings a critical question actually. If Jesus is Son of God (whatever that means to you), how then he is also the Father at the same time?.
Not when the qualifier-Only Begotten- is used! It seems you assume everything to be metaphorical! If I may ask, on what authority? What similar passages agree with that claim?

Point #5: You called Jesus(p) a messiah @ underlined. What is messiah by definition?. The Bible verse you quoted indicating holy spirit does not in anyway proof Jesus's Divinity. Do you not have pastor who also claim they are in spirit (when they are doing their thing)?. Does that make them Divine?
to be in the spirit means they are Inspired. That means David said what he said by Inspiration ,Psalm 110:1 Yahweh said to L'Adonis both referring to different Personalities by he that firmly believed GOD is One!

Point #6: It is not clear by my breakdown now that Jesus the son of Mary, the messenger of God - (SENT) by God is God's creature?. I tried hard to break it down fo r you mister.
Even Elizabeth referred to Mary as the mother of my Lord when He was still 3 months! Zechariah (John's father) called Him Daystar from on High! Read Luke 1!

Point #8: All God's prophets and messengers (including Jesus) believed in One God WITHOUT partner(s). The confusion lies with translators and writers of the Bible. For as long as you believe in the Bible, you will NEVER, ever be able to correctly figure out identity of Jesus. Bible clearly differentiate him from God. In other part it mixes them up which suggest CORRUPTION, DISTORTION, OMITTION and ADDITION of the Bible. Open your eyes. We talk about different Bible writers earlier in this thread, about unknown people from unknown places at unknown places. If this doesnt awake your heart i dont know what else will.. Mystery about God is, we do not know His beginning and He does not have ending. And other non- human Attributes of His. That's it. No human incarnation with God, no trinity etc.
The OT and the NT says contrary. The above is your opinion. But why would God
waith milleniums till 500-600 AD?

Point #9: I dont think this is hard though. I am glad you understand the royal We unlike your fellow Christians who stubbornly distort it essence. Now let's break this down. Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. Isaiah 6:8

"I" represent Isaiah (or whoever the speaker was). Bolded part is God speaking (according to this verse). The last sentence "Then I said I , here I am ; send me." is the same first person speaking, Isaiah (or whoever the speaker was). This verse only needed to be properly punctuated. Thats all. Like this:

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?'. Then said 'I, Here am I; send me'".
The Lord (not Isaiah)said,''Whom shall I send! He further said ''Who will go for Us''
It appears you overlooked the 'I' in that part spoken by the Lord!

Anything confusing you here?. "Us" in the verse denotes God. Royal Us.
The idea of royal us is not in the Bible!

Now, Jesus is Messiah here?. What is Messiah?
To be honest with you, I dont want to attach the quote for Mat 22:42-44. Dont want to waste more time. I believe Bible or Gospel needs to be rewrote with original manuscripts
This is always spoken by muslims as a way of desiring the Bible be re-written to agree with the Quran, no wonder many fell and are still falling for the sham 'gospel of Barnabas'.
The Lord preserved His Word and that is what we have today. Has any one making these claims been able to provide a manuscript that seem to agree with what you have in the Quran? NO!
What is the implication of claiming God could not preserve His Word? Do you not realise that it is a blasphemous claim?

(which is unfortunately lost by 80 percent anyways). When i was reading Mat 22:42-44, the case letter for son and lord are lower cases. Also mixed with upper cases. This is clear deception and manipulation. In my opinion, if they are to ever re-write Bible, not only will they need to work on proper translation but also punctuations and cases. Your Book is very confusing. Thats why there are different doctrines in Christendom.
Prove the highlighted factually! The translators were faithful to the context and an unbiased consideration of the statements and contexts vis a vis other similar passages makes the focus clear to us.

However, this is not by accident by the way. The reason you are all confused and having different doctrines is bcus you reject Faith(Truth). As a result of that, God sealed your heart. Read what Quran says to this effect. SUrah Maidah (5:14)

[Al-Muntakhab Translation]

So you mean God did not preserve His Word but will accuse them of neglecting some parts (which He did not preserve) and even promise judgement and will cause hatred among His people!?! This is defamation of character!!!

First all, nothing wrong with flesh biologically. It is God who created it. God is Good. It depends on how we use ourselves. But to declare that "flesh" is inherently evil is vile. However, maybe I should ask you if what you meant by "flesh" here is different?.
Just the normal flesh and blood.

Well, if you are referring to creation of Jesus @ underlined, yes, the Creative Power of Allah "Be! and he (Jesus came into being) and it is" brought Jesus into being. In that case, Jesus became a man born of woman. So yes, in that case Gnostics are incorrect. But while you are correct that Word became flesh, using that term, to you the Word that became flesh is God which is tantamount to falsehood. Allah was not present physically with Mary. It was Angel Gabriel, through him, Allah breathed into Maryam(as) of His(Allah) spirit.
is Gabriel the custodian of Allah's spirit? Did you not say that Ruh al-Qudus is the spirit that proceed from Allah? Who is greater Gabriel or the Mysterious spirit that proceeds from Allah?

Is there a legitimate body that oversees translations of the Bible?. For instance, in Islam, almost in every Muslim country, one can not just print Quran without going through extensive scrutiny. You can go to jail if you translate and print nonsense. Why dont they have the same institution in Christianity so that every Tom, Dick and Harry dont translate and print garbage?. Another Bible is about to be published, "Kanye Gospel". Perhaps this Bible will be Hip Hop friendly like Skate, Kiddie, Gay and Women's Gospels. The list goes on.
God preserved His Word and the KJV agrees with the preserved manuscripts!

Yes, it is always about the flesh. You use flesh when it sooths you
your opinion. The 4 Gospels capture the Christ after He was made flesh.

. Allow me to do quick case experiment. SInce you believe God, Jesus and holy Ghost are one (3-1), it means all three are not detachable, correct?. Implications are quiet profound. That means,

#when Jesus was on ministry on earth, the three of them are there all along

#he was flesh and at that moment or for those moment of years on earth, no one was custodian of heavens etc

#When Jesus was crucified (according to you), it means all three were on the cross together

#plus he was seen by people

Now, with these four implications mentioned above, clearly, they contradict John 5:37. So the idea of Jesus being God and man at the same time is nothing but innovation after Jesus.
Now a 21st century man will disclaim a Fact that has been there for milleniums simply because he cannot grasp it! As though God dealt with none till 500-600 AD!!!

Read this verse of Quran again.

first you claim it was corrupted; next it was neglected; again you claim we have forgotten, then you were asked to seek clarifications from the people of the Book Where do you stand?!
but all these do not move us!

Covenant mentioned in the verse is the believe in and worship of One God which the verse further said you have forgotten. There is nowhere to my knowledge where Jesus acknowledged being God and flesh. This is forgery penned down by men after this mighty messenger of Allah had ascended. Enough said
There is no covenant but thaty ratified by Blood!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by nasiayam: 11:55pm On Feb 22, 2016
Wow
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by malvisguy212: 3:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
Scholar8200. I advice you let this guys be, you have given him simple explanation YET he keep on ignoring your points. I think he got his idea from a jehovah witness.

@Empiree. Their was NEVER a time jesus became God, but their was a time He became man, john 1:1 say "the word WAS GOD". Notice, the verse did not say the word was a god, NO. In isaiah 6:5, isaiah say ""for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD (JEHOVAH) of hosts."
The Apostle John referred to this same event in John 12:41, and he made it very clear that the Person whom Isaiah saw was actually Jesus Christ: "These things said Isaiah, when he saw HIS GLORY AND SPAKE OF HIM. Even muhammed do not understand the nature of God, in the quran, muhammed thought the christian doctrine of trinity include mary, he even include ezra. If muhammed do not properly understand this thing, why will he criticise it ?

If Mary can beget a son without the sexual
involvement of a husband, why cannot the
Almighty God produce a son without the
sexual association of a wife ?.

Surah 6:101: “To Him is due the primal
origin of the heavens and the earth: How
can He have a son when He hath no
consort?” (Yusuf Ali)

The above quranic. Verse say God cannot have a son without a consort, YET mary conceive without a consort.

And surprising the quran admit, God can actually have a son:

Surah 39:4: “If Allah had willed to choose a
son, He could have chosen what He would
of that which He hath created.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 5:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
Scholar8200:

The fact of the Word being made flesh for the purpose of redemption is the reason we have the Gospels! Claiming that it is an innovation or it's used for 'hide and seek' sounds very strange!

Yes, He had to put on Humanity but He had always been with the Father! David called Him My Lord; John said He was before him(already explained); Himself said He was before Abraham.
At this point, this case will be categorized under the end of this verse of Quran 2:44

Your reaction to this suggests you might have supported those who wanted to stone Him when He said so.
That was because Jews at that time understood Tawheed (God Is One). It is considered shirk (blasphemy) when Jesus said "I and my Father are One" John 10:30-33, Jews understood the statement literally. That's why they wanted to stone him because they understood very well; for someone to say he is God is unacceptable in their doctrine. We already dealt with this passsages.

Is there ANY prophet that used that statement as a metaphor? NO! Taking it literally corresponds with the other passages about Him as One Who had been with the Father!
Would you have joined the council in condemning Him when He told them they would see Him at the
Right Hand of the Father?
How was Jesus born?. Came down from Heaven or born from va*gina of a woman?......which one?

which other prophet made use of similar statements? Taking it literally agrees with other NT and OT passages about Him. Assuming that it is metaphorical puts it at variance with many passages of scripture!
And whats so special for saying "I leave this world"?. Similar statement can be found in the ahadith. So whats special about it?

Not when the qualifier-Only Begotten- is used! It seems you assume everything to be metaphorical! If I may ask, on what authority? What similar passages agree with that claim?
First all, saying Jesus is son of God is not what himself favored. It was people who called him by that and he quickly retracted their statement. Luke 22:70

Before I respond further on this, [size=15pt]What Is Definition Of "Begotten" According To Christianity?[/size]

to be in the spirit means they are Inspired. That means David said what he said by Inspiration ,Psalm 110:1 Yahweh said to L'Adonis both referring to different Personalities by he that firmly believed GOD is One!
@bolded part, shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin that's it. It means when Bible says Jesus was in spirit, it means he was inspired. Anything else?

The OT and the NT says contrary. The above is your opinion. But why would God waith milleniums till 500-600 AD?
And why would God ordered OT and NT prophets He Is One?. Quran also says God Is One, you should have agreed with Quran.

The Lord (not Isaiah)said,''Whom shall I send! He further said ''Who will go for Us''
It appears you overlooked the 'I' in that part spoken by the Lord!

The idea of royal us is not in the Bible!
I am indifferent of course. Here it is again:

Isaiah: "Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying,"

Lord: "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?"

Isaiah: "Then said I, Here am I; send me." Isaiah 6:8

Now, who is "US" mentioned by Lord?

This is always spoken by muslims as a way of desiring the Bible be re-written to agree with the Quran, no wonder many fell and are still falling for the sham 'gospel of Barnabas'.
We do not glorify Barnabas. We only deduce from it like we do other Gospels. Pretty simple. Gospel of Barnabas can never stand Quran, at all.

The Lord preserved His Word and that is what we have today. Has any one making these claims been able to provide a manuscript that seem to agree with what you have in the Quran? NO!
What is the implication of claiming God could not preserve His Word? Do you not realise that it is a blasphemous claim?
Brother, I love you for the sake of Allah. Please be reasonable. I usually dont have time for most christians like i have with you. @underlined should have been clear to you it could never be knowing fully well there are unknown authors and writers of the Gospels. We have discussed in this thread extensively on this. May I advice you review this thread from page 0 to get glimpse what I am talking about?. This is your word earlier in this thread.

Scholar8200:
Did Jesus read the OT books? YES HE referred to them and quoted therefrom many times!

The Gospels were His memoirs and (for want of another word) biography written after His death, resurrection and Ascension! The Epistles were Inspired letters written to instruct the Churches and/or Ministers.

Since all the writings took place after His ascension , how would He read them? But do the Gospels and Epistles agree to the OT that Christ read and refer to( even after Resurrection)? YES!!!

It's quite similar to attempting to refute the biography of a great man written after his death on the grounds that he did not read it!!!

Can you read yourself again uncle?. Even biography of great men are interpolated. Martin Luther King Jr's story is corrupted as well and many more like that. How could Gospels written after Jesus be accurate?. Even Prophet Muhammad(p)'s seerat (biography) and hadith (saying/deeds) are partially mixed. Thank God for Quran.

Prove the highlighted factually! The translators were faithful to the context and an unbiased consideration of the statements and contexts vis a vis other similar passages makes the focus clear to us.
Please refer to previous pages. It is not what Muslims said either. It is what Christian Theologians have said overtime. You need to read previous pages, please.

So you mean God did not preserve His Word but will accuse them of neglecting some parts (which He did not preserve) and even promise judgement and will cause hatred among His people!?! This is defamation of character!!!
This is simple and was also discussed previously. I will try to phrase my post here again. Hopefully i can find where my post is. Read this for the mean time. There are reason previous revealed Holy Books were not preserved:

#They were only meant for a particular group of people and limited to a particular point in time. Allah revealed the Quran for all mankind and He took it upon Himself to preserve it till the last day. Neither Jesus nor Moses and other prophets and messengers claimed they were sent to the whole world. Hence, their holy Books were left for the people.

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: "The Prophet said, 'I have been given five things which were not given to any one else before me.
1. Allah made me victorious by awe, (by His frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month's journey.
2. The earth has been made for me (and for my followers) a place for praying and a thing to perform Tayammum, therefore anyone of my followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due.
3. The booty has been made Halal (lawful) for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me.
4. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection).
5. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind .'
(Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 7, Number 331)

# The former scriptures (some Laws) NOT Tawheed (God Is One) were abrogated by the latter.

"Whatever message We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring one better than it or one like it: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?” (Quran 2:106)

# Allah didn't promise to preserve the previous books. The responsibility of preserving those scriptures was entrusted to the rabbis and the priests.

" ... And the rabbis and the priests (judged according to their Scriptures), for to them was entrusted the protection of the Book of Allah, and they were witnesses to it... "
(Quran 5:44)

Did they Rabbis and Priests) preserve their Holy Books?

is Gabriel the custodian of Allah's spirit? Did you not say that Ruh al-Qudus is the spirit that proceed from Allah? Who is greater Gabriel or the Mysterious spirit that proceeds from Allah?
Who appeared to Mary when she was in seclusion?

God preserved His Word and the KJV agrees with the preserved manuscripts!
Okay, sir. I understand many Christians hold KJV esteem. But King James is faulted. If you read preface of RSV, it criticizes KJV for inconsistencies. I have read KJV. It's getting worse everyday. Do you even realize that there are new King James, too? They are called New King James Version(NKJV), Authorized (King James) Version and King James Bible. The names are just confusing. This is Revised Standard Version(RSV) preface: Visit p.9

PREFACE

[size=4pt]The Revised Standard Version of the Bible is an authorized revision of the American Standard Version, published in 1901, which was a revision of the King James Version, published in 1611.

The first English version of the Scriptures made by direct translation from the original Hebrew and Greek, and the first to be printed, was the work of William Tyndale. He met bitter opposition. He was accused of willfully per- verting the meaning of the Scriptures, and his New Testaments were ordered to be burned as "untrue translations." He was finally betrayed into the hands of his enemies, and in October 1536 ? was publicly executed and burned at the stake.

Yet Tyndale's work became the foundation of subsequent English versions, notably those of Coverdale, 1535; Thomas Matthew (probably a pseudonym for John Rogers), 1537; the Great Bible, 1539; the Geneva Bible, 1560; and the Bishops' Bible, 1568. In 1582 a translation of the New Testament, made from the Latin Vulgate by Roman Catholic scholars, was published at Rheims.

The translators who made the King James Version took into account all of these preceding versions; and comparison shows that it owes something to each of them. It kept felicitous phrases and apt expressions, from whatever source, which had stood the test of public usage. It owed most, especially in the New Testament, to Tyndale.

The King James Version had to compete with the Geneva Bible in popular use; but in the end it prevailed, and for more than two and a half centuries no other authorized translation of the Bible into English was made. The King James Version became the "Authorized Version" of the English-speaking peoples.[/size] The King James Version has with good reason been termed "the noblest monument of English prose." Its revisers in 1881 expressed admiration for "its simplicity, its dignity, its power, its happy turns of expression . . . the music of its cadences, and the felicities of its rhythm." It entered, as no other book has,
into the making of the personal character and the public institutions of the English-speaking peoples. We owe to it an incalculable debt.

Yet the King James Version has GRAVE DEFECTS. By the middle of the nine-
teenth century, the development of Biblical studies and the discovery of many manuscripts more ancient than those upon which the King James Version was based, made it manifest that these defects are so many and so serious as to call for revision grin shocked grin shocked of the English translation. The task was undertaken, by authority of the Church of England, in 1870. The English Revised Version of the Bible was published in 1881-1885; and the American Standard Version, its variant embodying the preferences of the American scholars associated in the work, was published in 1901. This is the version of the Bible ifeann credited and recommended so much.
Source: http://archive.org/stream/OxfordAnnotatedBibleRevisedStandardVersion-r.s.v.1952/TheOxfordAnnotatedBibleR.s.v.1952_djvu.txt

your opinion. The 4 Gospels capture the Christ after He was made flesh.
undecided

Now a 21st century man will disclaim a Fact that has been there for milleniums simply because he cannot grasp it! As though God dealt with none till 500-600 AD!!!
Obviously, this is irrelevant read previous posts

first you claim it was corrupted; next it was neglected; again you claim we have forgotten, then you were asked to seek clarifications from the people of the Book Where do you stand?!
@bolded all same thing under INTERPOLATION. Quran NEVER asked Muslims to refer to or seek clarification from Gospels written after Jesus(p). None of the NT is Gospel Of Jesus, the Injil (inspiration). You said yourself that NT was written after his ascension.

There is no covenant but thaty ratified by Blood!
Please visit P. 10.

"Blood of Jesus" is innovation by Paul and co. Has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus. According to Christians, "blood of Jesus" was necessary for their salvation. This is contrary to Jesus's teachings. Why can't God just forgive without shedding human blood. This is what Jesus said...he thought people how to pray for forgiveness.

Matthew 6:13-14Good News Translation (GNT)
Do not bring us to hard testing, but keep us safe from the Evil One.’ “If you forgive others the wrongs they have done to you, your Father in heaven will also forgive you."

Matthew 6:12New Life Version (NLV)
Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.

Another proof is in the Bible that you dont need blood to be shed to have salvation. Proof of this can be found where someone asked Jesus what he can do to have eternal life. The passage is located in:

Luke 10:25-27Good News Translation (GNT)

A teacher of the Law came up and tried to trap Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to receive eternal life?”

Jesus answered him, “What do the Scriptures say? How do you interpret them?”

The man answered, [size=14pt]“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind’; and ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’”[/size]

Then, the man said: “You are right,”

Jesus replied; [size=15pt]“do this and you will live.”[/size] Luke 10:28-29

Very simple. What do you need "blood of Jesus" for? Then, this mumbo jumbo came up from nowhere:

Matthew 26:28Good News Translation (GNT)
“this is my blood, which seals God's covenant, my blood poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

Hebrews 9:22Good News Translation (GNT)
Indeed, according to the Law almost everything is purified by blood, and sins are forgiven only if blood is poured out.

The First Covenant Allah Made With You Is God Is One. No Partners or Associate. He has No Son. No Son Or Holy Spirit Helped Him In His Creation Of Heavens And Earth. God Did Not Come Down TO Earth In Flesh. To Him Alone Belongs The Dominion Of Heavens And Earth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 8:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
Scholar8200:
Alright on what basis was that hadith validated?
I told you "mutawathir" . Did you care to research what that means?

Emp:
yes. It is called "mutawathir" when a hadith has sound chains of narration to the prophet (p) himself,

and then you asked again...

By what means is the highlighted measured? Does that not mean anyone can fabricate something carefully ensuring that it meets that specification?
Search for mutawathir

Empire.e:
I will ask you same question asked in the book i posted. Who is God?. Who is Holy Spirit or Ghost?, Who is Jesus?. You do not need to sweat to answer this. Very simple question. Muslims can answer this question in a simple word.

Scholar:
The Answer: GOD.
Highlighted part, you and malvisguy seem to contradict each other. I read his post up there.

Emp:
In that case how about other Sons of God mentioned in the Bible?. Aren't they supposed to be Divine as well since they too are Sons?. Listen uncle scholar, you dont understand. What Bible meant by Son/son is metaphorical. If you said no, then, this is in conflict with ALL three (God, Holy Ghost and Jesus) you mentioned above because you said all three are God and now you said Son is also God. Who is the "Son" ?

Scholar:
None was described as being with God from the beginning! None was called only Begotten (as the Greek and Aramaic agree). There is a difference between those sons and The Son!
What is "Begotten" by Christians' definition?

Where was Isaiah called son? I said Isaiah also called the SON(The Pre-Incarnated Christ) the Mighty God!
Bible God begot other sons/Sons too mister

When Christianity says: God is 3 in 1 and that's the mystery of the Divine Nature. Agreed to since the time of the OT (BCE period).

And Muslims say: God's nature is clear enough but turn around to say the Spirit of God is a mystery which they cannot fully explain! what then? If you can easily set forth the Divine nature how come the Spirit proceeding from God becomes a Mystery so difficult to understand? God is not a mystery but the Spirit that proceeds from Him is

Furthermore, how does Ruh al-Qudus apply to two personalities there being no variations that help in identifying who/Who is intended?
Bolded has nothing mystical about it. It is pure innovation.

Underlined, muslims have no problem who God Almighty is. God is God, Holy spirit/ruh qudus/Gabriel is what is it, Jesus is what he is. Quran is very clear. We are not confused about God's Nature and Attributes. I have told you the Word that preceded from God is merely "Be and it is" that's what brought Jesus into being, including you and I. When we were in our mother's womb, it is the same kind of spirit that Allah breathed into us at certain stage that gave us life. The difference is here Jesus had no father. It is the same profound spirit that preceded from Allah into every human. Here is a verse of Quran where God mentions Ruh Surat as-Sajda, 7-9

ثُمَّ سَوَّاهُ وَنَفَخَ فِيهِ مِن [size=30pt]رُّوحِهِ[/size] ۖ وَجَعَلَ لَكُمُ السَّمْعَ وَالْأَبْصَارَ وَالْأَفْئِدَةَ ۚ قَلِيلًا مَّا تَشْكُرُونَ

Harun Yahya:
“He Who has created all things in the best possible way. He commenced the creation of man from clay; then produced his seed from an extract of base fluid; then formed him and breathed His Soul into him and gave you hearing, sight and hearts. What little thanks you show!”

Yusuf Ali:
"But He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His spirit. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling (and understanding): little thanks do ye give!"

Khan:
"Then He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him the soul (created by Allah for that person); and He gave you hearing (ears), sight (eyes) and hearts. Little is the thanks you give!"

Pickthal:
"Then He fashioned him and breathed into him of His Spirit; and appointed for you hearing and sight and hearts. Small thanks give ye!

You see underlined?. It is the same spirit that preceded from God when He created Jesus. He breathed same type of spirit in every human in our mother's womb. We all have God's Light in us. That's naturally inbuilt. It is general rule.

#Mystery is, when it comes to God, we do not know His begining and He does not have ending. He does not sleep nor slumber. He does not eat. ETC

#Mystery is, when it comes to Spirit, we do not have full knowledge of them as Quran rightly said:

"(And they ask you concerning the Ruh (the spirit). Say: "The Ruh (the spirit) is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord...'' Q 17:85

#Mystery is, when it comes to human, we do not know where we were pre-existence (before we became flesh), using your term. This is the same as Jesus. All of us were with God before, like Jesus said he was with God.

So you can not just merge these three (3) and make it One (1) i:e 3 in 1 as you called it. That's fabrication! So clearly "mystery" that you talking about is not what i am talking about. God is distinct from his creatures. Got it?

Emp:
And what other way(s) do you also anticipate. Elaborate, please?.

Scholar:
Jesus said the Spirit will:

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
John16:14,15
Exactly! And did Muhammad not claim what he brought was from God?. He also said he did not speak of his own as Quran alleges. And Quran that he brought glorifies Jesus,isnt?

Surah 53:

1 By the star when it goes down (or vanishes).

2 Your companion (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) has neither gone astray nor has erred.

3 Nor does he speak of (his own) desire.

4 It is only a Revelation revealed.

5 He has been taught (this Qur'an) by one mighty in power [Jibril (Gabriel)]

Ezekiel made the prophecy in Ezekiel 36:27, of the Spirit dwelling in the believers.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

This was to be fulfilled after Christ! The Spirit could never be a man! THe audience were quite familiar with people having the Spirit upon them!
Scroll up there....refer to my analysis.

Before I answer, kindly answer my questions on purgatory and Jesus being there as was claimed!
Think you skipped this. Was first answered when you posted reply. Unless you want further explanation!

Spoken not in arabic and has being a way of greeting long before this time!
And did he speak English when the Bible says "Peace be upon you"?. Arabic is "Salam alaikum". So proof to me Jesus actually spoke "peace be upon you". What exactly was his greeting when he appeared to disciples?

Since you want to use the Bible, see this:

25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, [size=14pt]Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side,[/b[/size]] I will not believe.

26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: [b][b]then came Jesus
[/b] , the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 [/b]Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing
[/b]John 20:25-27

The print of the crucifixion nails and the lacerations of the spear in His side were there for Thomas to see! He was crucified!

He rose from the dead!
Many Christian debaters have used "historian agreement"'s claim that Jesus died by crucifixion. Muslims theologian's response likewise is that the historians who agree on this agree that his death is complete and final. Dr. Shabir Ali alleged:

"Every homicide detective and historian knows that a person must be presumed to have died only after he was last seen alive. If we tell these very historians that Jesus was seen alive after the event of his death they would either disregard our claim that Jesus was seen alive again, or they would conclude that Jesus was not really dead in the first place."

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by aminusanti(m): 12:04am On Feb 24, 2016
Empiree:
And which Bible version, who wrote it and did God or Jesus approve of it?. Christians believe God is omnipotent, omniscience....that He has no beginning nor ending. But reading your same Bible, if you believe Jesus is God, then there is conflicts here bcus we read in the Bible about Jesus limitations. We read his beginning and his death. So you will have to question Bible writers how they got it mixed up.

And when he became flesh, which means his power was limited. Who was then the authority of heavens and controlling angels, water and sea, birds and animal and fishes, Jinn and other unseen while the flesh was on earth?.....did he put the heaven in autopilot grin

You really getting complicated. This issue of Jesus being God and man at the same time is a theory borne of innovation. Since Jesus is the authority in Christianity, it only makes sense to confirm this theory from him directly. Where did he make statement like he was God that became flesh?

Meaning?. Muhammad(p) used the first person pronoun as well "I" guarantee paradise.......'

Sorry, he is not a gate-man. It is euphemism of saying "you are granted paradise" or "I grant you permission to enter paradise". Simple isnt?

You just got this wrong. Muhammad's word is not in the Quran. The verse you quoted is the word of Allah

Reference?

Are you being literalist here?. At underlined, i understand what you meant. Here is the verse

Surah 46:9

Say: “I am not the first of the Messengers; and I do not know what shall be done with me or with you. I follow only what is revealed to me, and I am nothing but a plain warner.”

Muslims have no problem with this statement at all. We have NO DOUBT that Muhammad {Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him} and his followers will go to paradise. One of the common understanding of this verse is, a muslim who claims to follow Islam but he has bad attitude, he does not observe obligatory duties often (like skipping salat, not fasting ramadan or follow the rules, not paying zakat etc), such a person should not expect the prophet to intercede for him/her. We have to help ourselves first by obeying and observing religious duties.

Like a saying goes, "Heavens help those who help themselves". Besides, there is tafsir for this verse goes thus:

Its background is this: When the Prophet (peace be upon him) presented himself as Allah’s Messenger, the people of Makkah raised different kinds of objections against it. They said: What kind of a Messenger he is who has a family, who moves about in the streets, eats and drinks and lives a common man’s life. There is nothing special about him, which might distinguish him above the other people and therefore we may know that Allah has specially made this man His Messenger. Then they said: Had he ban appointed a Messenger by God, He would have sent an angel as an attendant with him who would have announced that he was God’s Messenger, and would have punished with a scourge every such person who had behaved insolently towards him. How strange that God should appoint a person as His Messenger and then should leave him alone to roam the streets of Makkah and suffer every kind of humiliation. If nothing else Allah should at least have created a magnificent palace and a blooming garden for His Messenger. He should not have been left to depend on his wife’s resources. Besides, these people demanded different kinds of miracles from him and asked news of the unseen. They thought that a person’s being God’s Messenger meant that he should possess supernatural powers so that mountains should move at his bidding and deserts at once turn into green fields. He should have the knowledge of the past and the future events and of everything hidden from others.

An answer to the same has been given in these sentences, and each sentence contains a world of meaning.

First, it is said: Tell them, I am not a novel Messenger. That is, my being appointed as a Messenger is not a novel event of its kind in the world so that you may have some confusion about the characteristics of a Messenger. Many Messengers have come to the world before me, and I am not any different from them. Never has a Messenger come, who did not have a family, who did not eat and drink, or who did not live a common man’s life. Never has an angel descended as an attendant with a Messenger, heralding his prophethood and carrying a whip before him. Never have gardens and palaces been created for a Messenger and never has a Messenger been spared of the hardships which I am suffering. Never has a Messenger shown a miracle by his own power, or known everything by his own knowledge. Then, how is it that you are bringing forth these strange criteria only to judge my Prophethood?

Then it is said: Tell them also, I do not know what shall befall you tomorrow nor what shall befall me. I only follow that which is revealed to me. That is, I am not a knower of the unseen so that everything of the past and present and future should be known to me, and I should have the knowledge of everything in the world. Not to speak of your future, I do not even know my own future. I only know that of which I am given knowledge by revelation. More than that I have never claimed to know, nor has there ever been a Messenger in the world, who made that claim. It is not a Messenger’s job to tell the whereabouts of the lost articles, or tell whether a pregnant woman will deliver a boy or a girl, or whether a sick patient will live or die. In conclusion, it is said: Say to them, I am no more than a plain warner. That is, I do not possess divine powers so that I may show you the wonderful miracles that you demand from me every next day. My only mission is that I should present the right way before the people, and should warn of an evil end those who do not accept it.

Ibn Kathir quotes Al Hassan Al Basri explaining the statement "Nor do I know what will be done with me or with you":

As for the Hereafter, I seek refuge in Allah and he (i.e. the Prophet) knew that he was going to paradise, but he said "I don't know what He (i.e. Allah) will do to me and to you in this life. Will I be kicked out just as the Prophets (may Allah bestow His peace and blessings upon them) before me were kicked out? Or would I be killed just as the Prophets before me were killed?"

And this is the opinion that Ibn Jareer (i.e. Tabari) took and insisted that there should not be another opinion in this matter; for there is no doubt that this is the suitable explanation that suits the Prophet (peace be upon him). This is because in regards to the Hereafter it is certain that he (i.e. the Prophet) will go to paradise along with those who followed him. And in regards to this life, he didn't know what was going to happen to him or the polytheists of Quraysh. Were they going to believe, or disbelieve and be punished and extirpated for their disbelief?

Now, dont we we similar statement of Jesus in the bible? Jesus said i can do nothing

"So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise" John 5:19

"But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!' Luke 13:27

Why wont Jesus just 'forgive' them since he has power to do so according to you?

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Mark 13:32

Why he does not know this?^

In another word, that verse of Quran is humble statement!

No no my friend. We are dealing with Christian doctrine and matter of SALVATION here. If some Christians believe Jesus is God and some believe he is not, if some Christians believe in trinity and some christian dont, if some Christians believe Jesus is son of God and some christian dont, this is clear contradiction and confusion. It means christians do not know Jesus identity but fallacies and hearsays. This is matter of salavation not to joke with. It is not a matter of moral or judgement that may be forgiven. When it comes to SALVATION, Jesus proclaimed God is One. Where did you get trinity from (3 in 1)?

Your Bible. Your Bible confuses you. At some point it portrays Jesus as a separste being from God. In another places, they are portray as same one. For instance, where they supposed to use lower case 'he' for Jesus, bible writer(s) use capital case 'He'. Same applies to 'Son' or 'son'. 'Me' or 'me' etc Then christian get confused. Bible writers really put in perpetual doubt.

grin grin grin And why didnt you complete the verse?. You left this out

".......that they {disciples} also may be one in us:...."

So it is actually more than 3 gods. It is now 3+12 disciples = 15 (at the minimum) grin Dont let Dr. Zakir Naik , tola9ja, rilwayne001 hear about this. You would be laughed at

Lol....now Jesus approved NT?. But earlier you said he did not read NT, that he aleready ascended to heaven before NT was written. I hope you aren't trying to me do me wayo.

@underlined, isnt the same Bible you all read that got you confused in the first place?. I am sure if you ask 10 christian who is Jesus, you would get different answers. This video is a hint. It is only 10 mins long. Or watch from 4mins to see confusion grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF3q5FvOKqc

Thats a question Quran says in 17:85 that we have limited knowledge of. Now if you said that's not God, why would you say Jesus is God when he was also a mere word from Allah "Be! and he was"? Got the picture?

I am not concerned about factions. I am talking about doctrines. There are factions in Islam as well. But non of them believe Muhammad is God. But you said among believers(Christians) all over the world, it is "one accord". Whats that accord?. The only thing i can think of is you all call yourselves "Christians". That's it. Your doctrines differ. How is Jesus is God and Jesus is not God as believed by Christians (Unitarian and Trinitarian) could be same road to salvation? These are clear different doctrines led by "holy ghost"

I really dont care how and what bases you use. Jesus is simply not God nor son of God period. He was a prophet, messanger SENT by God to the Children of Israel. Very simple and straightforward

This is for muslims actually. I can relate to this because i grew up experiencing this. However common translation of the verse does not want to bring about controversies. As a result of that they put in parenthesis (at the time of death). Like this:

"Verily, those who say:, "Our Lord is Allah", and, further, stand straight and steadfast, the angels descend on them(at the time of death): "Fear ye not!", "Nor grieve! but receive the Glad Tidings of the Garden (of Bliss), the which ye were promised!" (41:30)

Further intuitive interpretation of the verse indicates that a true muslim who is firm on La ilaha illah Allahu i:e there is no deities worship of worship except Allah, whose deeds in the open and secret conform with shahada and is steadfast on dhikr, the angels (of lower ranks) not Gabriel or Michael etc, descend on such muslim. You dont see them of-course but feel their presence. It's up to them if they want to speak to you. and you would hear them. If at all they want you to see them, they would appear in human form. NEVER in their true form or else, you dead. This is a sign of righteousness but still does not guarantee paradise. There are some people who are righteous in conduct all their life. But when they old and near death, their behavior become gross and evil. And they die like that. What a sad ending. May Allah protect us from that. It is probably due to overconfidence.

Here is the verse again;

Sura (33:7)

"And (remember) when We took from the Prophets their covenant, and from you (O Muhammad SAW), and from Nuh (Noah), Ibrahim (Abraham), Musa (Moses), and 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). We took from them a strong covenant"

'We' refers Allah {God}. @ underlined, which sura?

The First People to Enter Paradise:

The first of mankind to enter Paradise will be our Prophet Muhammad (saw) and the first nation to enter Paradise will be his ummah. The first member of this ummah to enter will be Abu Bakr as-Siddiq (ra).

Muslim also reported from Anas that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "I will come to the gates of paradise and ask for it to be opened. The gatekeeper will ask, "Who are you?" I will say, "Muhammad". The gatekeeper will say, "I was ordered not to open the gate for anyone else before you"". [Saheeh Muslim]

This is a theory that has no basis whatsoever. It is been around for too long and does not make sense. Father humbled Himself to be servant and son. And ultimately allowed himself to be nailed?. Fantastic!

So they are not good Christians for not believing Jesus is God?

Because this Gospel does not support Divinity of Jesus it is refuted? smh. At underlined, which Gospels are they?. I dont know of any 'real Gospels' among the extant ones. And "son" of God, which has been thrown around for yrs does not have weight anymore because there are other Sons of God and even daughters of God. Even "unique sons of God. All of them are in the Bible. So why is Jesus being 'son' of God definitive?.

And have you not exceeded the limits in your religion by declaring Jesus is God, Son of God, that the Father came down and humbled Himself and transformed Himself to servant and ultimately gave up His own soul on the cross by allowing his own creations to nail him on the cross?. What a blasphemy!

Excellent Bro...May Allah reward u..ameen

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 12:48am On Feb 24, 2016
malvisguy212:
Scholar8200. I advice you let this guys be, you have given him simple explanation YET he keep on ignoring your points. I think he got his idea from a jehovah witness.

@Em.piree. Their was NEVER a time jesus became God, but their was a time He became man, john 1:1 say "the word WAS GOD". Notice, the verse did not say the word was a god, NO. In isaiah 6:5, isaiah say ""for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD (JEHOVAH) of hosts."
The Apostle John referred to this same event in John 12:41, and he made it very clear that the Person whom Isaiah saw was actually Jesus Christ: "These things said Isaiah, when he saw HIS GLORY AND SPAKE OF HIM. Even muhammed do not understand the nature of God, in the quran, muhammed thought the christian doctrine of trinity include mary, he even include ezra. If muhammed do not properly understand this thing, why will he criticise it ?

If Mary can beget a son without the sexual
involvement of a husband, why cannot the
Almighty God produce a son without the
sexual association of a wife ?.

Surah 6:101: “To Him is due the primal
origin of the heavens and the earth: How
can He have a son when He hath no
consort?” (Yusuf Ali)

The above quranic. Verse say God cannot have a son without a consort, YET mary conceive without a consort.

And surprising the quran admit, God can actually have a son:

Surah 39:4: “If Allah had willed to choose a
son, He could have chosen what He would
of that which He hath created.”

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 12:50am On Feb 24, 2016
malvisguy212:
Scholar8200.

@Empiree. Their was NEVER a time jesus became God, but their was a time He became man
Good. Jesus is NOT God, period. Correct?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 7:13am On Feb 24, 2016
Inasmuch as Yahweh (and all that was revealed of Him milleniums ago) is not the same as Allah, we'll remain on two parallel lines of argument.

This is further corroborated by the fact that the Quran never mentioned that Name.

Thanks for your time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by malvisguy212: 8:26am On Feb 24, 2016
Empiree:
Good. Jesus is NOT God, period. Correct?
Micah 5:2(NIV)
“But you,BETHLEHEM Ephrathah,
though you are small among the clans[a] of
Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose ORIGINS ARE FROM OLD, ANCIENT TIMES .”

He was to be born in bethlehem at a particular point of time, but his ORIGINS is from ancient of days, (times). ONLY jesus fit this prophecy, He was born in bethlehem Ephrateh, secondly both the quran and bible prove, jesus is the messiah and thirdly in john 17:5 the bible say He exist BEFORE the world was.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Rilwayne001: 10:41am On Feb 24, 2016
Trinitarians and twisting ^^^

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 1:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
malvisguy212:
Micah 5:2(NIV)
“But you,BETHLEHEM Ephrathah,
though you are small among the clans[a] of
Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose ORIGINS ARE FROM OLD, ANCIENT TIMES .”

He was to be born in bethlehem at a particular point of time, but his ORIGINS is from ancient of days, (times). ONLY jesus fit this prophecy, He was born in bethlehem Ephrateh, secondly both the quran and bible prove, jesus is the messiah and thirdly in john 17:5 the bible say He exist BEFORE the world was.
And in the verse you quoted and your explanation, where does it say Jesus is God?. Thats all i want to hear. Muslims have no problem Jesus is messiah. Quran also says he is messiah.

Messiah by definition means:

1. the promised and expected deliverer of the Jewish people.

2.Jesus Christ, regarded by Christians as fulfilling this promise and expectation. John 4:25, 26.

3.(usually lowercase) any expected deliverer.

4.(usually lowercase) a zealous leader of some cause or project.

1. the promised deliverer of the Jewish nation prophesied in the Hebrew Bible.

2. a leader or savior of a particular group or cause.

Malvis, let me ask you this. It seems you are hiding your creed or it seems you do not believe Jesus is God, you do not believe in "trinity". Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 1:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
Scholar8200:
Inasmuch as Yahweh (and all that was revealed of Him milleniums ago) is not the same as Allah, we'll remain on two parallel lines of argument.

This is further corroborated by the fact that the Quran never mentioned that Name.

Thanks for your time.
Allah is God for short. Allah is God of heavens and earth. No one shares in His dominion. He is The First and the Last. He is the Creator of all that exist. Different people from different background can call him any Names - so long as the Names are not contaminated.

("Invoke Allah or invoke Ar-Rahman (the Most Gracious), by whatever name you invoke Him (it is the same), for to Him belong the Best Names.) ~ Holy Qur'an

You see, your last summary shows that you stalled and you are at crossroad. It is clear that Christians have no idea who Jesus really was. I just have to commend you for your time and effort. You gave your best shot. Thanks for your time.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 1:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
Empiree:
Allah is God for short. Allah is God of heavens and earth. No one shares in His dominion. He is The First and the Last. He is the Creator of all that exist. Different people from different background can call him any Names - so long as the Names are not contaminated.

("Invoke Allah or invoke Ar-Rahman (the Most Gracious), by whatever name you invoke Him (it is the same), for to Him belong the Best Names.) ~ Holy Qur'an

God's Name is the emphasis there. We also have God, Lord mentioned in the Bible but His Unique and Exalted Name was revealed. The absence thereof in the Quran (that claims Bible prophets who never used the name Allah) establishes that Yahweh is not the Allah of the Quran.
Yahweh is not the Hebrew word for God!
Besides, the red highlighted was NEVER allowed in the OT!

You see, your last summary shows that you stalled and you are at crossroad. It is clear that Christians have no idea who Jesus really was.

You are very wrong there! I had initially started typing a reply before I decided to just round up. Jesus was, is and shall ever be the Only Begotten of the Father. (As agrees the OT and NT)

If I point to prophecies and sayings of OT people and you can say nothing to counter it factually but still hold to your beliefs, then it further proves to me that Yahweh is not Allah, Jesus Christ is not Isa, David is not (whatever he is called in arabic), Isaiah etc; hence there is no point proceeding with the discussion !

For example

Psalm 110 :1 speaks of The Lord saying to the Lord, sit .. at My right hand...

Matthew 22:42-44 Jesus confirms that place as the Father speaking concerning the Messiah-Him!

The passage there in Hebrew and Greek clearly establishes that neither of the Two were created; John reinforces this and further clarifies that the Messiah is actually the latter in Psalm 110:1 made flesh for the purpose of Redemption, but had been with the Father from the begnning,

As if this was not enough, Malvis quoted Micah 5:2

“But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
Too little to be among the clans of Judah;
From you One shall come forth for Me [who is] to be Ruler in Israel,
His goings forth (appearances) are from long ago,
From [a]ancient days.”

And Jesus confirmed the highlighted when He said ,''before Abraham was, I Am''.

If with all these you hold on to your views, then I submit that the GOD we know Whose Name as revealed is Yahweh (this is not translated as God dont get it mixed up), is not your Allah.

I just have to commend you for your time and effort. You gave your best shot. Thanks for your time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Rilwayne001: 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
Scholar8200:
God's Name is the emphasis there. We also have God, Lord mentioned in the Bible but these Unique and Exalted Name was revealed. It's absence in the Quran (that claims Bible prophets) establishes that Yahweh is not the Allah of the Quran.
You are very wrong there! I had initially started typing a reply before I decided to just round up. Jesus was, is and shall ever be the Only Begotten of the Father. (As agrees the OT and NT)

If I point to prophecies and sayings of OT people and you can say nothing to counter it factually but still hold to your beliefs, then it further proves to me that Yahweh is not Allah, Jesus Christ is not Isa, David is not (whatever he is called in arabic), Isaiah etc; hence there is no point proceeding with the discussion !

For example
Psalm 110 :1 speaks of The Lord saying to the Lord, sit .. at My right hand...

Matthew 22:42-44 Jesus confirms that place as the Father speaking concerning the Messiah

The passage there in Hebrew and Greek clearly establishes that neither of the Two were created; John reinforces this and further clarifies that the Messiah is actually the latter in Psalm 110:1 made flesh for the purpose of Redemption, but had been with the Father from the begnning,

As if this was not enough, Malvis quoted Micah 5:2

“But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
Too little to be among the clans of Judah;
From you One shall come forth for Me [who is] to be Ruler in Israel,
His goings forth (appearances) are from long ago,
From [a]ancient days.”

And Jesus confirmed the highlighted when He said ,''before Abraham was, I Am''.
If with all these you hold on to your views, then I submit that the GOD we know Whose Name as revealed is Yahweh (this is not translated as God dont get it mixed up), is not Allah.

Wouldve loved to burst this lie, but of what benefit would it be?
Abegi, carry your lie dey go.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Wouldve loved to burst this lie, but of what benefit would it be.
Go ahead.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Rilwayne001: 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
Scholar8200:
Go ahead.

Of what benefit would it be if not another round of futile argument?

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Scholar8200(m): 2:05pm On Feb 24, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Of what benefit would it be if not another round of futile argument?
You are correct! And that is because both do not believe in the same God. No Problem then.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by malvisguy212: 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
Empiree:
And in the verse you quoted and your explanation, where does it say Jesus is God?. Thats all i want to hear. Muslims have no problem Jesus is messiah. Quran also says he is messiah.

Messiah by definition means:

1. the promised and expected deliverer of the Jewish people.

2.Jesus Christ, regarded by Christians as fulfilling this promise and expectation. John 4:25, 26.

3.(usually lowercase) any expected deliverer.

4.(usually lowercase) a zealous leader of some cause or project.

1. the promised deliverer of the Jewish nation prophesied in the Hebrew Bible.

2. a leader or savior of a particular group or cause.

Malvis, let me ask you this. It seems you are hiding your creed or it seems you do not believe Jesus is God, you do not believe in "trinity". Yes or No?
do you know the meaning of ancient of days ? in john 17:5 say the glory I had with you BEFORE the world began. Do you know what all this is about ? Can all this be attributed to a mere man ? NO prophet were ever address like this, the jews understand their doctrine very much, infact their declaration of faith begin, "HERE O isreal the LORD our GOD is ONE God". Yet this same title was given to jesus.

Consider this. Verse. In zachariah 12. Verse one it was GOD speaking, and here what verse 10 say:

Zechariah 12:10
10 “And I will pour out on the house of David
and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit[a] of
grace and supplication. THEY WILL LOOK ON [b] ME,
THE ONE THEY HAVE PIERCED , and they will mourn
for him as one mourns for an only child, and
grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a
firstborn son.

see John 19:37 and Rev. 1:7. Don't worry, I will soon open a thread about trinity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by malvisguy212: 3:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Wouldve loved to burst this lie, but of what benefit would it be?
give it a try. At lest for the sake of the viewer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by malvisguy212: 4:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by malvisguy212: 4:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
Empiree:

You see, your last summary shows that you stalled and you are at crossroad. It is clear that Christians have no idea who Jesus really was. I just have to commend you for your time and effort. You gave your best shot. Thanks for your time.
The following is supposed to be a prayer of
Allah taken from Ibn Hisham’s Al-Sirah Al-
Halabiyya:
ﻗﻠﺖ ﻳﺎ ﺟﺒﺮﻳﻞ ﺃﻳﺼﻠﻰ ﺭﺑﻚ ﻗﺎﻝ ﻧﻌﻢ ﻗﻠﺖ ﻭﻣﺎ ﻳﻘﻮﻝ ﻗﺎﻝ ﻳﻘﻮﻝ
ﺳﺒﻮﺡ ﻗﺪﻭﺱ ﺭﺏ ﺍﻟﻤﻼﺋﻜﺔ ﻭﺍﻟﺮﻭﺡ ﺳﺒﻘﺖ ﺭﺣﻤﺘﻰ ﻏﻀﺒﻰ
I [Muhammad] said, “O Gabriel, does your
Lord pray?” He said, “YES.” I said, “What
does he say?” “This is what he says. He
says: ‘Glory, HOLY, LORD OF ANGELS AND SPIRIT . MY MERCY overcomes my
wrath.’”

To whom did allah pray to ?
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Rilwayne001: 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
malvisguy212:
give it a try. At lest for the sake of the viewer.

Empiree did a great job up there, I could never have done half of what he did. Fortunately, the person i quoted is more reasonable than you.

I own nobody a futile argument.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Rilwayne001: 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2016
malvisguy212:
The following is supposed to be a prayer of
Allah taken from Ibn Hisham’s Al-Sirah Al-
Halabiyya:
ﻗﻠﺖ ﻳﺎ ﺟﺒﺮﻳﻞ ﺃﻳﺼﻠﻰ ﺭﺑﻚ ﻗﺎﻝ ﻧﻌﻢ ﻗﻠﺖ ﻭﻣﺎ ﻳﻘﻮﻝ ﻗﺎﻝ ﻳﻘﻮﻝ
ﺳﺒﻮﺡ ﻗﺪﻭﺱ ﺭﺏ ﺍﻟﻤﻼﺋﻜﺔ ﻭﺍﻟﺮﻭﺡ ﺳﺒﻘﺖ ﺭﺣﻤﺘﻰ ﻏﻀﺒﻰ
I [Muhammad] said, “O Gabriel, does your
Lord pray?” He said, “YES.” I said, “What
does he say?” “This is what he says. He
says: ‘Glory, HOLY, LORD OF ANGELS AND SPIRIT . MY MERCY overcomes my
wrath.’”

To whom did allah pray to ?

mtsheeew undecided

Demola, see your friend undecided

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by malvisguy212: 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Empiree did a great job up there, I could never have done half of what he did. Fortunately, the person i quoted is more reasonable than you.

he did NOTHING, all his explanation was not islamic, but jehovah witness. If he was a jehovah witness, I would've quote some verses for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Rilwayne001: 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
malvisguy212:
he did NOTHING, all his explanation was not islamic, but jehovah witness. If he was a jehovah witness, I would've quote some verses for him.

And why didn't you quote it? undecided

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by malvisguy212: 5:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
Rilwayne001:

you see the point, if empiree know what he is talking about, he will surly address the bible passage I quote, but he know not what he was doing.
malvisguy212:
In zachariah 12. Verse one it was GOD speaking, and here what verse 10 say:
Zechariah 12:10
10 “And I will pour out on the house of David
and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit[a] of
grace and supplication. THEY WILL LOOK ON [b] ME,
THE ONE THEY HAVE PIERCED , and they will mourn
for him as one mourns for an only child, and
grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a
firstborn son.
see John 19:37 and Rev. 1:7.
. If empiree really know what he is talking about, he would've address this verses, but he ignore it. Even my first post, I provide another verse, he ignore all. That is why I advice scholar to ignore him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by malvisguy212: 5:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
Rilwayne001:

mtsheeew undecided

Demola, see your friend undecided
let me ask you, does your lord pray ? ( Muhammed say yes, let us here yours)
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Rilwayne001: 5:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
malvisguy212:
you see the point, if empiree know what he is talking about, he will surly address the bible passage I quote, but he know not what he was doing.. If empiree really know what he is talking about, he would've address this verses, but he ignore it. Even my first post, I provide another verse, he ignore all. That is why I advice scholar to ignore him.

Can you please open a thread and lets discuss TRINITY separately. I will like to address those verses but i can't assure you of constant posting cus I am busy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays / Nnamdi Kanu's Family At Thanksgiving Service After Burial Of Parents (Photos) / Daddy Freeze Shows 'Paul O' Paul Okoye's Mansion To Shame Those That Pay Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 302
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.