Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? (52895 Views)

Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible / Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Ifeann(f): 8:51am On Mar 05, 2015
9jaforlife:

This is clear enough even for a primary school pupil. I don't know why the likes of Ifeann aka parisbookaddict like to protest what is so obvious!! Delusion is a terrible thing!

Stop mentioning me everywhere..

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 9:06am On Mar 05, 2015
[quote author=Ifeann post=31316872]
I tot u will run and copy and paste nonsense from Islamic sites...this is a good point..I won't bother to cross check ur translations hoping u won't use al taqiyyah. .
Look in the mirror

However u fail to note that Christ came to serve. U Muslims don't understand Christ's incredible humility. .
First all, pls get over the idea lecturing tactics. Isn't going to help you here. Damn! i was expecting "he humbled himself"....go on

Not that the king james version doesnt use the word serve but clearly acknowledges the sonship of Christ
Go on. I want to see how you will pull this off.

However the other translations updated to our current use of English acknowledges that serve is the most appropriate word and yet they clearly acknowledge the sonship of Christ. .
grin grin grin Now "other translations" are important?. But you said you are proud of KJV. Why involved others?. I honestly don't take you serious

Mathew 20:28

King James Bible
Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

International Standard Version
That's the way it is with the Son of Man. He did not come to be served, but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many people."

New International Version
just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

New Living Translation
For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many."

Here are parallel verses from Mark10: 45

King James Bible
For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life--a ransom for many."

International Standard Version
because even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many people."
"Son Of Man".....then again you will eventually say "Son of God" later.....go on

So understand we christains understand that as the son of man he came to serve and he experienced what we experience and conquered.
But you people believe he's god or part of god....go on, you haven't prove anything yet.

[s]He is also referred to as son of God in dozens of verses..here are 3 examples..[/s]
Yea, I knew you would come to give me this bogus. You telling me here by style gradually that he's two-formed individual shocked shocked shocked ...go on

1 John 5:20 - And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Luke 1:35 - And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
I swear by God almighty, you didnt disappoint me. These all you got? You proved nothing. A novice will definitely be confused of Jesus identity from your analysis.

There are two(2) KJVs: King James Version and New King James Version

King James Bible
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

New King James Version
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified His Servant Jesus, whom you delivered up and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let Him go.

Many other versions mentions SERVANT JESUS. Never for once Christians called Jesus servant of God. You believe he is God, third in trinity and also son of God. You havent proved anything

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Ifeann(f): 9:13am On Mar 05, 2015
Empiree:
Since you've been viewing my profile for weeks, did you see me create thread(s) on comparative religion?. No, i don't fancy all that.

Please feel free to create and ask questions about christianity. . Other muslims are not so lucky to have access to the truth. Ask and learn and renounce islam.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Ifeann(f): 9:20am On Mar 05, 2015
[quote author=Empiree post=31306126][/quote]

Nope ur post didnt
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 9:21am On Mar 05, 2015
Ifeann:

Please feel free to create and ask questions about christianity. . Other muslims are not so lucky to have access to the truth. Ask and learn and renounce islam.
Cut it out. No truth anywhere except Islam. You already failed with your bogus 2-faced man god. Learn from you?. No you learn from me including those hiding behind your skirt oops! maybe trouser cry
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by PastorKun(m): 9:34am On Mar 05, 2015
Empiree:
Cut it out. No truth anywhere except Islam. You already failed with your bogus 2-faced man god. Learn from you?. No you learn from me including those hiding behind your skirt oops! maybe trouser cry

Truth from a religion that encourages al taqquiya amongst it's followers shocked shocked You must be on some very cheap drugs grin
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 9:38am On Mar 05, 2015
PastorKun:

[s]Truth from a religion that encourages al taqquiya amongst it's followers shocked shocked You must be on some very cheap drugs grin[/s]

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 9:41am On Mar 05, 2015
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 9:48am On Mar 05, 2015
Ifeann:

And what's wrong defending your theology here?. I don't have time opening threads about what Tom, Dick and Harry believe. That's what you do best. Open a topic on your doctrine and we contribute

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by malvisguy212: 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2015
Empiree:

Okay now, since you admire KJV and Good News very well especially King James Version. Now, you said to "learn everything that is authentically translated". Key word is "AUTHENTIC TRANSLATION".

Good. Let's put King James Versions against each other. Before that, I will like to remind you that we Muslims believe that Isa(Jesus- peace be upon him) is human being 100%. He's a prophet and messenger of God. He is indeed God's true servant. There is no need for me to quote Qur'an since Qur;an is clear on who Jesus(peace be upon him) is. Here are contradictory accounts of who Jesus in KJV, NKJV and GNV. Son and Servant are different meanings. Bible contradict itself and also agrees with Quran that jesus is servant of God.

[size=15pt]Acts 3:13[/size]

King James Bible
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Good News Translation
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has given divine glory to his Servant Jesus. But you handed him over to the authorities, and you rejected him in Pilate's presence, even after Pilate had decided to set him free.

New King James Version
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified His Servant Jesus, whom you delivered up and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let Him go.

Now, dont even try to mess with me by twisting what is not and using same "taqqiyah" you used to cover up violence verses in your "holy book"....son does not equates servant. They are two different words with different meanings. Pay close attention to the two (2) KJVs carefully.
you will never understand this unless the holy spirit teach you.

Jesus has two nature,the apostle peter was teaching the nature of the son the context of that chapter was; Peter Speaks in Solomon's Colonnade ,he preach how sinful the people were, they prefers A criminal over the righteous one (Jesus) to let them understand ,he concentrate on the nature of the flesh in the person of christ Jesus. It will not make sense to them if peter preach about the Godly nature of Jesus because the Jews do not believe in Jesus. To make you understand read the book of isaiah;

◄ Isaiah 42:1 ►
"Here is my SERVANT, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put MY SPIRIT on him, and he will bring
justice to the nations.

Isaiah prophesied about the servant, that is Jesus and the spirit of God was on him. The flesh of Jesus does not matter, what matter the most is the spirit of God that was upon him.non other prophet has ever claimed to possess the spirit of God, the all have the nature of Godliness,here is the fulfil of isaiah prophecy;

Matthew12:17-18. This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:
“Here is my servant whom I have chosen,
the one I love, in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him,
and he will proclaim justice to the
nations.

Here,matthew and isaiah called him servant,they show more emphasis on his nature of the flesh.if you read the whole matthew chapter 12 you will find out that Jesus don't want them to know his identity,why? Because his time is not yet come.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Rilwayne001: 4:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
^^^ shocked shocked chai malvisguy shocked u sabi lie ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Ifeann(f): 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
Empiree:
And what's wrong defending your theology here?. I don't have time opening threads about what Tom, Dick and Harry believe. That's what you do best. Open a topic on your doctrine and we contribute

U knw if u ask questions u will have no option than to leave Islam. .see below for pic of wat makes u scared to leave..Mohammed says behead those that leave Islam. .God is greater than Islam and he will protect u should u renounce islam.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Ifeann(f): 5:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
Rilwayne001:
^^^ shocked shocked chai malvisguy shocked u sabi lie ooo.

He didn't lie...its all there..he gave evidence while u on the other hand chose to remind ignorant..

Christ calls himself son of man, and so. How is he incorrect. You forget he also calls himself (and is called) "son of God" dozens of time. Infact this is what led to his crucifixion since the Jews claimed he committed blasphemy. You also forget he controlled the weather instantly several times, something only God does,
your quran says;
Qur'an 4:171 "O people of the book! Commit no excesses in your
religion: nor say of God naught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son
of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and His Word, which
He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: So believe
in God and His messengers..."

in contrast to truth,
(Philippians 2:5-9, NAS95) 5 Have this attitude in yourselves which
was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of
God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but
emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being
made in the likeness of men. 8 Being found in appearance as a man,
He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death,
even death on a cross. 9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him,
and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,

Jesus forgave sins, something only God does.
People he healed fell on their knees and worshipped him and yet he didn't say No don't worship me.
We Christians know on earth he had 2 natures human(son of man) and divine(son of God)

Your Koran says
Qur'an 4:157
They said (in boast), "we killed christ jesus the son of mary, the messenger of Allah". But they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubt, without(certain) knowledge, but only conjective to follow, for a surety they killed him not.

And

Qur'an 9: 30
"AND THE JEWS SAY, EZRA IS THE SON OF Allah, AND THE CHRISTIAN SAY: THE MESSIAH IS THE SON OF Allah, THESE ARE THE WORDS OF THEIR MOUTHS; THEY INITIATE THE SAYING OF THOSE WHO DISBELIEVED; MAY Allah DESTROY THEM; HOW THEY ARE TURNED AWAY

the bible clear tells us from a witness in Matthew 27:35, 35 And they crucified him, and parted his garments,
casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the
prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my
vesture did they cast lots.
1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a
stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

In Mark 14:61-62, Jesus claimed to be the Son of Man (Daniel 7:13) and
David's Lord (Psalm 110:1)
Jesus helped people who called him Lord, and never rebuked when people worshipped him (Matthew 14:30-33)
Moreover in John 5:22-23 22 , the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honour the Son just as they honour the Father. Whoever does not honour the Son does not honour the Father, who sent him. Jesus judges us all, Jesus is one with God and the son of God. The scripture is very clear on the nature of Jesus and hours divinity. Check also Mark 11: 17-18 Mathew 11:27, 17:5,John 5:17-18 and peters answer to Christ's question about who he was in Mathew 16:16. Go to the old testament thousands of years before jesus and see the prophesy of his coming isaiah 40-3:5 for example

The scripture is also very clear in;
1 John 2:22, 'Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that
Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son.
1 John 4:2-3 "By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world." Several times this term is used in the plural, and can be applied to almost anyone who is opposed to Christ. Those who deny that Jesus came in the flesh are anti-Christ or of the spirit of antichrist.

1 John 4:1
beloved,believe not every spirit,but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets has gone into the world.

This is one of the ways to discern a false teacher from a true one.
In 1 Corinthians 14:33 My bible tells me in clear terms that God is not the author of confusion. There is so much confusion in Islam ask the Wahabi, Salafists, sunnis, shites alwaites, ahmedies. They kill each other because of this.

My bible also tell me in Matthew 7:15-20,“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them."
Islams fruits are rotten and that's the truth my friend.

So in conclusion;
God the father acknowledged Jesus as his son (John 17:5, Matthew 17:5 And Mark 9:7)
Jesus called himself the Son of God and one with God (Matthew 11:27)

His disciples called him the son of God.

Isaiah from the old testament prophesied about him and called him the son of God.

Angel Gabriel in the first chapter of Luke called Jesus the Son of God.

John the baptist called Jesus the son of God.

The Jews who hated him accused him of claiming he is the Son of God and one with God. Eg Mark 11: 17-18

Demons he casted out called him the son of God.

Yet u Muslims choose to believe the words of

a monotheistic pagan
sex addicted
slave trader
mass murderer
illiterate Arab
paedophile wife beater called Mohammed who came 600 years after Christ and was poisoned by a jewish woman, died after suffering for 4 years while reciting chants hoping to be cured.

Wow. .
May the one true God, the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, father of Jesus set you free when u come to him for truth.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Rilwayne001: 6:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
@ifeann

I understand what you are trying to do up here, but I will not bring myself down to your level. I think I asked you a quwstion which you are yet to answer.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 7:25pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ifeann:

[s]U knw if u ask questions u will have no option than to leave Islam. .see below for pic of wat makes u scared to leave..Mohammed says behead those that leave Islam. .God is greater than Islam and he will protect u should u renounce islam.[/s]

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 7:29pm On Mar 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
[size=16pt]you will never understand this unless the holy spirit teach you.[/size]
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
Rilwayne001:
@ifeann

I understand what you are trying to do up here, but I will not bring myself down to your level. I think I asked you a quwstion which you are yet to answer.
You can see how confused she's up there. She's so delusional.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 9:19pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ifeann:

[size=3pt]He didn't lie...its all there..he gave evidence while u on the other hand chose to remind ignorant..

Christ calls himself son of man, and so. How is he incorrect. You forget he also calls himself (and is called) "son of God" dozens of time. Infact this is what led to his crucifixion since the Jews claimed he committed blasphemy. You also forget he controlled the weather instantly several times, something only God does,
your quran says;
Qur'an 4:171 "O people of the book! Commit no excesses in your
religion: nor say of God naught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son
of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and His Word, which
He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: So believe
in God and His messengers..."

in contrast to truth,
(Philippians 2:5-9, NAS95) 5 Have this attitude in yourselves which
was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of
God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but
emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being
made in the likeness of men. 8 Being found in appearance as a man,
He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death,
even death on a cross. 9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him,
and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,

Jesus forgave sins, something only God does.
People he healed fell on their knees and worshipped him and yet he didn't say No don't worship me.
We Christians know on earth he had 2 natures human(son of man) and divine(son of God)

Your Koran says
Qur'an 4:157
They said (in boast), "we killed christ jesus the son of mary, the messenger of Allah". But they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubt, without(certain) knowledge, but only conjective to follow, for a surety they killed him not.

And

Qur'an 9: 30
"AND THE JEWS SAY, EZRA IS THE SON OF Allah, AND THE CHRISTIAN SAY: THE MESSIAH IS THE SON OF Allah, THESE ARE THE WORDS OF THEIR MOUTHS; THEY INITIATE THE SAYING OF THOSE WHO DISBELIEVED; MAY Allah DESTROY THEM; HOW THEY ARE TURNED AWAY

the bible clear tells us from a witness in Matthew 27:35, 35 And they crucified him, and parted his garments,
casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the
prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my
vesture did they cast lots.
1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a
stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

In Mark 14:61-62, Jesus claimed to be the Son of Man (Daniel 7:13) and
David's Lord (Psalm 110:1)
Jesus helped people who called him Lord, and never rebuked when people worshipped him (Matthew 14:30-33)
Moreover in John 5:22-23 22 , the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honour the Son just as they honour the Father. Whoever does not honour the Son does not honour the Father, who sent him. Jesus judges us all, Jesus is one with God and the son of God. The scripture is very clear on the nature of Jesus and hours divinity. Check also Mark 11: 17-18 Mathew 11:27, 17:5,John 5:17-18 and peters answer to Christ's question about who he was in Mathew 16:16. Go to the old testament thousands of years before jesus and see the prophesy of his coming isaiah 40-3:5 for example

The scripture is also very clear in;
1 John 2:22, 'Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that
Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son.
1 John 4:2-3 "By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world." Several times this term is used in the plural, and can be applied to almost anyone who is opposed to Christ. Those who deny that Jesus came in the flesh are anti-Christ or of the spirit of antichrist.

1 John 4:1
beloved,believe not every spirit,but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets has gone into the world.

This is one of the ways to discern a false teacher from a true one.
In 1 Corinthians 14:33 My bible tells me in clear terms that God is not the author of confusion. There is so much confusion in Islam ask the Wahabi, Salafists, sunnis, shites alwaites, ahmedies. They kill each other because of this.

My bible also tell me in Matthew 7:15-20,“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them."
Islams fruits are rotten and that's the truth my friend.

So in conclusion;
God the father acknowledged Jesus as his son (John 17:5, Matthew 17:5 And Mark 9:7)
Jesus called himself the Son of God and one with God (Matthew 11:27)

His disciples called him the son of God.

Isaiah from the old testament prophesied about him and called him the son of God.

Angel Gabriel in the first chapter of Luke called Jesus the Son of God.

John the baptist called Jesus the son of God.

The Jews who hated him accused him of claiming he is the Son of God and one with God. Eg Mark 11: 17-18

Demons he casted out called him the son of God.[/size]
You are very ignorant and arrogant as well. You can say all you want. Jesus doesnt recognize you at all. He has no idea who ifeann is. He was not sent to you. He was sent to specific people not the whole world.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 05, 2015
Empiree:
You are very ignorant and arrogant as well. You can say all you want. Jesus doesnt recognize you at all. He has no idea who ifeann is. He was not sent to you. He was sent to specific people not the whole world.
grin ve really missed ya #no homo

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by joseph1832(m): 10:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
grin ve really missed ya #no homo
ORE MI MUMU! Sorry OREMUSSANCTUS! You're here again? You don't waste time at all!. grin.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2015
joseph1832:
ORE MI MUMU! Sorry OREMUSSANCTUS! You're here again? You don't waste time at all!. grin.
its a religion section, buh in politics ya f up. I just pray and hope ya get sense for here grin far better dan politics section.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Ifeann(f): 10:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
Empiree:

I wonder when u started speaking on behalf of Jesus. .. pls speak for Mohammed..
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 10:43pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ifeann:

I wonder when u started speaking on behalf of Jesus. .. pls speak for Mohammed..
Listen Ife, you dont make any sense. Everything you accused us of you do just exact same or worst still. Arent you been speaking for Islam by creating nonsense threads claiming to know Islam better than muslims?. Dont you have sense?

And yes, I will teach you about Jesus. You dont know who he is...fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by joseph1832(m): 10:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
its a religion section, buh in politics ya f up. I just pray and hope ya get sense for here grin far better dan politics section.
Nigger please! Any day, any time, its GMB all the way!.

All the same, I still can't stand these christians and moslems with their 'my religion is better than yours mentality', their self righteousness is even worse!.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Ifeann(f): 10:51pm On Mar 05, 2015
Empiree:
Listen Ife, you dont make any sense. Everything you accused us of you do just exact same or worst still. Arent you been speaking for Islam by creating nonsense threads claiming to know Islam better than muslims?. Dont you have sense?

And yes, I will teach you about Jesus. You dont know who he is...fact

Please feel free to create topics and "teach" me these things.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 10:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ifeann:

Please feel free to create topics and "teach" me these things.
You still don't make any sense. Weiting you want teach me after my years of encounters with christians missionaries and evangels.....joke.
You are not saying anything new here. I already sensed your doctrine. It's same old nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Horus(m): 12:56am On Mar 06, 2015
Their Jesus or even their God never told anyone to be Religious and neither of them even used the word Religion out of their mouths, nor did they use the words Christian, Muslim that are all man-made.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 3:04am On Mar 06, 2015
A former pastor, Igbo Muslim convert, Uztaz murtada Chukwu Emeka from Imo State once said [size=15pt]"Islam is not the religion of Hausa or Yoruba or Saudi or Iraq or Kuwait but, it is, the religion of God. Islam is the religion of Jesus, Moses Jeremiah Isaiah Ezekiel Enoch and all prophets of God"[/size]

A Former Pastor Quoted This Verse:

Proverbs 14:12 New King James Version (NKJV)

There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death.

Matthew 7:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

The first verse is in reference to Christianity worldly amusement (in churches, their way of life... according to him). He thought that was the Way to God until he came to Islam.

He quoted the second verse in reference to Islam...being a narrow but true path. And being vilified by bigots like Ifeann to paint Islam black.

He said before he came to Islam, he talked to Imam about it and he was given Quran to study and return with questions. While studying sometimes outside his house, Jehovah witnesses came to him (to preach) but they discovered he's reading Quran. They said "ha, the Book that ordered people to kill".

They asked him to open certain verse in the Qur'an to prove their point. Indeed, pastor didnt know how to respond. He went back to muslim preacher. Muslim preacher advised him to call them to come the following and to show them 1 samuel 15:3.

Pastor did just that. He said when he showed JW 1 samuel 15:3 which reads:

[size=15pt]"Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”[/size]

JW said but we can't take it out. He said if this was in Qu'ran many would leave Islam for good. Muslim would be in hell worst than this.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 11:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
Jesus....."THE TRACELESS WARRIOR"

SOME SAYINGS OF ISA IBN MARIYAM (Peace be upon him)

Translated from Aramaic into Arabic by Imam Muhammad al-Ghazali (May Allah
keep his Secret)

English versions by Mushtaq Ali al Ansari
Copyright 1999 all rights reserved

Bismillah Ar Rahman Ar Rahim

[size=15pt]It was written in the original Gospel:[/size]

Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) said:
Seek what you do not Know only after you
have put into practice what you do Know.

The disciples of Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) came to him and asked;
"O spirit of Allah, is there anyone else like you alive in our time?"
He replied: "Yes indeed, Whoever has the dhikr of Allah in his heart,
and is silent in thought, and who learns from what is given,
surely that one is like me."

Isa ibn Mariyam (AS), asked his people:
"Where do you find a plant growing?"
They replied: "In the dust of the earth."
He said: "By Al Haqq, I will tell you,
Marifat (Gnosis) does not grow except in a heart
that is like the dust of the earth."

Isa ibn Mariyam (AS), was walking with his companions
when they passed a dead dog by the side of the road.
His companions said: "What can be worse than the corruption of the unclean
dog!"
And Jesus replied: "His teeth, how brightly they shine."

Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) met a man and asked him what his profession was.
The man replied: "I worship Allah."
Isa (AS) then asked: 'Who feeds and clothes you while you worship?"
"My brother." The man replied.
Isa (AS) said: "Your brother's worship is better than your own."

Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) met three people while traveling,
They were pale and thin with fasting.
He asked them:
"What has caused this state in you?"
They said:
"Fear of the punishment of Allah"
Isa (AS) replied:
"Allah has taken it upon Himself to lessen your fear."
He continued on a ways and came across three more
who were pale and thin with fasting, even more than the last.
He asked them:
"What has caused this state in you?"
They answered:
"Desire for Allah's rewards"
Isa (AS) said: "Allah has taken it upon Himself
to give you what you long for."
Once again in his travels Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) came across yet another three
who were pale and thin with fasting.
Their faces shone as if they were lit from within.
so he asked them: "What is the cause of your state?"
They answered: "We love Allah, the Mighty, the Glorious."
Whereupon he replied: "You are the nearest, and nearer still!"

The companions of Isa ibn Mariyam (AS) said to him:
"Look at this temple, is it not beautiful?"
Isa (AS) replied: 'My people,
by al Haqq I tell you,
Allah does not leave from this temple standing
except to destroy it by the sins of it's inhabitants.
Surely, Allah does not care about gold and silver,
He does not care about this building that you admire so.
What Allah, the Most High loves are good hearts.
Allah inhabits the heart that remembers Him and He desolates
the heart that does not."

"Isa ibn Mariyam (AS),
passed by a group of men who shouted evil things at him.
In return Isa (AS) spoke to them with kindness.
His companions asked:
"Why did you reply to these men with kindness when they spoke evil to you?"
Isa (AS) replied: 'Everyone spends from the coin he has."
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 1:28am On Mar 07, 2015
[size=15pt]Gospel Of Barnabas[/size]
Page 17, Chapter 17

17. In this chapter is clearly perceived the unbelief of Christians, and the true faith of Mumin(Muslims).

When Jesus had said this, Philip answered: 'We are content to serve God, but we desire, however, to know God. For Isaiah the prophet said: "Verily thou art a hidden God," and God said to Moses his servant: "I am that which I am."

Jesus answered: 'Philip, God is a good without which there is naught good; God is a being without which there is naught that is; God is a life without which there is naught that liveth; so great that he filleth all and is everywhere. He alone hath no equal. He hath had no beginning, nor will he ever have an end, but to everything hath he given a beginning and to everything shall he give an end. He hath no father nor mother; he hath no sons, nor brethren, nor companions. And because God hath no body, therefore he eateth not, sleepeth not, dieth not, walketh not, moveth not, but abideth eternally without human similitude, for that he is incorporeal, uncompounded, immaterial, of the most simple substance. He is so good that he loveth goodness only; he is so just that when he punisheth or pardoneth it cannot be gainsaid. In short, I say unto thee, Philip, that here on earth thou canst not see him nor know him perfectly; but in his kingdom thou shalt see him for ever: wherein consisteth all our happiness and glory.'

Philip answered: 'Master, what sayest thou? It is surely written in Isaiah that God is our father; how, then, hath he no sons?'

Jesus answered: 'There are written in the prophets many parables, wherefore thou oughtest not to attend to the letter, but to the sense. For all the prophets, that are one hundred and forty-four thousand, whom God hath sent into the world, have spoken darkly. But after me shall come the Splendour of all the prophets and holy ones, and shall shed light upon the darkness of all that the prophets have said, because he is the messenger of God.'(<-prophet Muhammad is referenced here...so clear). And having said this, Jesus sighed and said: 'Have mercy on Israel, O Lord God and look with pity upon Abraham and upon his seed, in order that they may serve thee with truth of heart.

His disciples answered: 'So be it, O Lord our God!'

Jesus said: 'Verily I say unto you, the scribes and doctors have made void the law of God with their false prophecies, contrary to the prophecies of the true prophets of God: Wherefore God is wroth with the house of Israel and with this faithless generation.' His disciples wept at these words, and said: 'Have mercy, O God, have mercy upon the temple and upon the holy city, and give it not into contempt of the nations that they despise not thy holy covenant.' Jesus answered: 'So be it, Lord God of our fathers.'

Read the above^ very well. Jesus clearly predicted distortion of his message and law. There are at least forty(40) different Bibles. Most contradict one another. Some Bible are missing verses and chapters. They even have "kiddie Bible", "Skate Bible", "Women Bible", "Amplified Bible". Very ridiculous!
[size=2pt]texaco1[/size]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by trustman: 8:10am On Mar 07, 2015
One fact is clear: all men are sinners, and also all men die. 

What takes care of the sin issue and where the one who dies spends eternity becomes the next focus. 

In Christ Jesus the sin issue is resolved; he died to pay the penalty for sin. By his resurrection (because he lives) anyone who anchors his hope on him can be assured of eternity with God. 
All it takes is believe on Jesus Christ as the Saviour and salvation is guaranteed. 

No other way or system provides such assurance - None! 
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Shirley07: 11:11am On Mar 07, 2015
Smh @Op, Jesus is the Word of God himself!
Mohammed couldn't even omit that line from his plagarised Quran.
That should tell you something.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Avoid These Sexual Pleasures In 2019 / The Koran Reveals That Jesus Is God... / 'Jesus' Image' Appears Above Colombian City Where 17 People Died Of Landslide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.