Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? (52853 Views)

Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible / Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 9:29am On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

[s]Keep it up. You just keep driving people away from islam. When you I first met you, I was interested in Islam but your lies drove me away.

You copy and paste propaganda. You have zero original thought.[/s]
sweet talks. when i first talked u on nl, you displayed no sign of interest. You owe it to yourself. Oh i see, if you were interested in Islam, why you didn't criticize your girl friend in the beginning for nonsense threads?. Stop this nonsense. It irritates me. If you want to learn Islam, you will simply ask....simple

3 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by PastorKun(m): 9:48am On Mar 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Are you minding pastorK?

He has a very low IQ (no offense)

Lol at least it's not so low that I can't unlike you recognise a glaringly false self serving prophet if I read about one.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:38am On Mar 08, 2015
Empiree:
sweet talks. when i first talked u on nl, you displayed no sign of interest. You owe it to yourself. Oh i see, if you were interested in Islam, why you didn't criticize your girl friend in the beginning for nonsense threads?. Stop this nonsense. It irritates me. If you want to learn Islam, you will simply ask....simple

Don't make me laugh
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 11:00am On Mar 08, 2015
DEFINITION OF QUR'AN

[size=20pt]Q[/size] uality (Quran, chapter 41, verse 34)

[size=20pt]U[/size] nity (Quran, chapter 3, verse 103)

[size=20pt]R[/size] flection(Quran, chapter 4, verse 82)

[size=20pt]A[/size] ction (Quran, chapter 28, verse 77)

[size=20pt]N[/size] ature (Quran, chapter 3, verse 84)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Rilwayne001: 11:47am On Mar 08, 2015
PastorKun:

[s] Lol at least it's not so low that I can't unlike you recognise a glaringly false self serving prophet if I read about one. [/s]

<<< go your way please.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 11:52am On Mar 08, 2015
malvisguy212:
ok let comperd the two verse about Jesus and adam;

"When I have fashioned him (in due
proportion) and breathed INTO HIM of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him." Q38:72

This quranic verse does NOT say adam is a spirit FROM God,it say God breath into him. and the quran went on to say "breathed" it was this breath that gave life to us.

Here is the verse for Jesus;

Surah 4:171: “The Messiah, Jesus son
of Mary, was (no more than) an
apostle of Allah, and His Wor d, which
He bestowed on Mary, and A SPIRIT
FROM HIM.”

Here it say Jesus is "a spirit from God" Jesus is the only prophet which is adress like this. The quran never Gave the reason for the virgin birth ,when Mary ask "My Lord! How can I have a child when no mortal hath touched me?"the reply of the angel in the quran was " Allah createth what He WILL. If he decreeth a thing, He saith unto it
only: Be! And it is.” in other word, have you forgot how Allah create Adam? That how he will create the child. If you read through the quran the purpose of the virgin birth is not used, everything ended after the unique conception.

It is in the bible we know the reason of the virgin birth;

Luke 1:30-35
.... “How is this to be, since I
am a virgin?” In answer the angel
said to her: “Holy spirit will come
upon you and power of the Most
High will OVERSHADOWED you.
Therefore the child to be born will
be called holy — the Son of God.”

The reason in the bible is crystal clear here,the power of God came upon her and the holy spirit overshadowed her that causes an holy seed to be implanted in her.and if you continuously reading the bible you will find the purpose.

Adam was created without the agency of
a human father or mother because, as
the first man on earth, he could not have had earthly parents. Such an act of
creation was necessary at the beginning
of the world of mankind. Someone had to be created first. But in the case of Jesus, he was born without a human father when God’s natural process of
procreation had long been in existence.
Here we see God interrupting the course of nature, and overriding the very laws of procreation that he had himself established, in order that Christ might thus have a virgin-birth. Why? Surely such an act could not have been without meaning. It points to the profound truth that Jesus Christ held a very special relationship with the One who was the architect of this miraculous conception – a relationship that is shared by no other prophet. The birth of no other prophet has been anything as remotely close as the miraculous conception of Jesus Christ.

To deny that God does anything without
a purpose behind it amounts to a denial
of God himself. ( Surah 38:27) In the
Qur’an, it is the very absence of such a
clearly defined purpose in the unique
conception of Jesus, which perplexes the seeker of truth as to the meaning behind this miraculous birth. Being born of a virgin-woman, Jesus had an exceptional and unique beginning to his life on earth. As he was the only man in all human history to come into the world in this unusual way, we cannot be satisfied with the Qur’an’s summary declaration that it was no more than just an exercise of God’s power.
so u want to become ibn ishaq now?. i wont take u serious. You quoted qur'an verses...but do you believe in it ?

3 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Rilwayne001: 11:56am On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I understand this very well. Too many of my fellow religious people do not read on their own. They prefer to be fed reigious teachings by their pastors/imams and peers. I read my own bible and religious books.

The above part is okay.

I don't need anyone coming to twist things for me.

Yeah same with me.

[s] Empiree and Rilwayne have proven that they have masters who give them talking points. I have seen the older comments from Tbaba and other older muslims in the islam section from which Rilwayne/Empiree copy from. [/s]

The above is gibberish.

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:

The above part is okay.

Yeah same with me.

The above is gibberish.

You know that it is the truth!
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by 9jaforlife: 10:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
Empiree:
[size=15pt]"Muhammed is the most successful of all Prophets and religious personalities."[/size] Encyclopedia Britannica

The founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammed. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he? " Lamartine, Historie de la Turquie, Paris 1854, Vol. 11 pp. 276-2727

"If a man like Muhammed were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness." George Bernard Shaw

[size=15pt]"I have studied him - the wonderful man - and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ he must be called the savior of humanity."[/size] George Bernard Shaw in "The Genuine Islam"

ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANNICA confirms:

"....a mass of detail in the early sources show that he was an honest and upright man who had gained the respect and loyalty of others who were like-wise honest and upright men." (Vol. 12)

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels." (M.H. Hart, THE 100: A RANKING OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONS IN HISTORY, New York, 1978, p. 33

As a Muslim i do not need Encyclopedia's to show what a great man Muhammad(saw) is, I just read the Qur'an & i know. ~ Empiree

End of Discussion!

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 12:05am On Mar 09, 2015
Lol, Bible Condemns Itself. Revised Standard Version Faults King James Bible. This is From Preface Of RSV.

PREFACE

[size=4pt]The Revised Standard Version of the Bible is an authorized revision of the
American Standard Version, published in 1901, which was a revision of the
King James Version, published in 1611.

The first English version of the Scriptures made by direct translation from
the original Hebrew and Greek, and the first to be printed, was the work of
William Tyndale. He met bitter opposition. He was accused of willfully per-
verting the meaning of the Scriptures, and his New Testaments were ordered
to be burned as "untrue translations." He was finally betrayed into the hands
of his enemies, and in October 1536 ? was publicly executed and burned at the
stake.

Yet Tyndale's work became the foundation of subsequent English versions,
notably those of Coverdale, 1535; Thomas Matthew (probably a pseudonym
for John Rogers), 1537; the Great Bible, 1539; the Geneva Bible, 1560; and the
Bishops' Bible, 1568. In 1582 a translation of the New Testament, made from
the Latin Vulgate by Roman Catholic scholars, was published at Rheims.

The translators who made the King James Version took into account all of
these preceding versions; and comparison shows that it owes something to each
of them. It kept felicitous phrases and apt expressions, from whatever source,
which had stood the test of public usage. It owed most, especially in the New
Testament, to Tyndale.

The King James Version had to compete with the Geneva Bible in popular
use; but in the end it prevailed, and for more than two and a half centuries no
other authorized translation of the Bible into English was made. The King
James Version became the "Authorized Version" of the English-speaking
peoples.[/size]
The King James Version has with good reason been termed "the noblest
monument of English prose." Its revisers in 1881 expressed admiration for "its
simplicity, its dignity, its power, its happy turns of expression . . . the music of
its cadences, and the felicities of its rhythm." It entered, as no other book has,
into the making of the personal character and the public institutions of the
English-speaking peoples. We owe to it an incalculable debt.

Yet the King James Version has GRAVE DEFECTS. By the middle of the nine-
teenth century, the development of Biblical studies and the discovery of many
manuscripts more ancient than those upon which the King James Version was
based, made it manifest that these defects are so many and so serious as to call
for revision
grin shocked grin shocked of the English translation. The task was undertaken, by authority
of the Church of England, in 1870. The English Revised Version of the Bible
was published in 1881-1885; and the American Standard Version, its variant
embodying the preferences of the American scholars associated in the work,
was published in 1901. This is the version of the Bible ifeann credited and recommended so much.
Source: http://archive.org/stream/OxfordAnnotatedBibleRevisedStandardVersion-r.s.v.1952/TheOxfordAnnotatedBibleR.s.v.1952_djvu.txt

4 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by yazach: 9:59am On Mar 09, 2015
Interesting thread!!!!! Kudos to the likes of empiree and Rilwayne001

My deductions from the thread

As for Empiree and Rilwayne001
1- JazakumuLLahu khaira
2- When people like Ifenn starts abusing our beloved Prophet(sallah LLahu alaihi wa-salaam) let us ignore them but when they show sing of having sense, we can educate them

As for Ifenn the followings suit her
1- It seems she is deaf and dumb regarding this topic
2- She doesn't even know the bible and she wants to tell us she is a sheikh
3- When she has no where to copy an answer to a question, she is deaf and dumb
4- I don't know when she is going to start using her own brain and stop copy and paste
5- She only read from Islamophobia sites so it is very difficult for her to use her own brain
6- When she know she has been hooked, she will try to change the topic.(I have noticed that for long but thanks to the OP and empiree, they did not allowed her) grin grin grin
7- She is suspected to have been programmed
8- She has no integrity else, she won't abuse our prophet although I don't blame her that is how they even abuse their God and Jesus

As for malvis212 (hahahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin I can't stop laughing)
1- He always appears to be a zombie
2- Garbage in Garbage Out that is all
3- Always trying to dodge the topic of discussion by changing it

As for AllNaijaBlogger
1- He is in kindergarten when it comes to sound knowledge because he is unfortunate to have right source to acquire the knowledge

As for pastorkun undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
1- was he saying anything at all undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided(I don't think you can hear an ant making sound)

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Shirley07: 11:50am On Mar 09, 2015
Rilwayne001:

If he is the word of God why did he read the OT again?
Jesus didn't read the OT per se, he only read the prophecy about him and confirmed it through his words and works (signs and wonders).
For example in Luke 4:16-21, it says ''he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up and as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath and stood to read. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, the Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captive, and recovering of sight to the blind...
20. And he closed the book and he gave it again to the minister and sat down. And the eyes of all of them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto them, this day, this scripture is fulfilled in your ears.
22. And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, is not this Joseph's son?''.
All in all, Christ only read the prophetic words of OT to confirm his works to all ears.
I can't believe you would think he read the whole OT when he's acquainted with everything and older than the OT itself. Remember, He was with his Father at the time of creation and nothing was made without him- John 1:3.
I repeat Jesus is the Word of God, hence, he's our gospel.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 6:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
yazach:

1- JazakumuLLahu khaira
2- When people like Ifenn starts abusing our beloved Prophet(sallah LLahu alaihi wa-salaam) let us ignore them but when they show sing of having sense, we can educate them

4- I don't know when she is going to start using her own brain and stop copy and paste
5- She only read from Islamophobia sites so it is very difficult for her to use her own brain
6- When she know she has been hooked, she will try to change the topic.(I have noticed that for long but thanks to the OP and empiree, they did not allowed her) grin grin grin
8- She has no integrity else, she won't abuse our prophet although I don't blame her that is how they even abuse their God and Jesus

As for malvis212 (hahahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin I can't stop laughing)

As for AllNaijaBlogger
1- He is in kindergarten when it comes to sound knowledge because he is unfortunate to have right source to acquire the knowledge

1- was he saying anything at all undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided(I don't think you can hear an ant making sound)

90% of the time, those who claim to be intelligent on nairaland are quite the opposite .

It is funny how you judge all the christians wrong on Jesus and the bible.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 12:40am On Mar 10, 2015
HELSINKI (AP) — Finland's state radio channel YLE is broadcasting readings of the entire Quran in Finnish to improve knowledge of Muslim culture in the Nordic country.

The 60 half-hour readings are accompanied by comments from the translator of the Islamic holy book and Imam Anas Hajjar of Finland's Islamic Society.

The chairman of the organization, Mohammad Hussein Omar, on Sunday described the readings as a good way to help people understand the religion and Muslim customs better.

There are an estimated 50,000 to 60,000 Muslims in Finland, which has an overall population of 5.5 million. The country has only one building constructed as a mosque, in the early 1940s. Other Muslim prayer rooms or mosques are former schools, cinemas or municipal halls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by 9jaforlife: 4:14am On Mar 10, 2015
yazach:

1- JazakumuLLahu khaira

As for AllNaijaBlogger
1- He is in kindergarten when it comes to sound knowledge [/b]because he is unfortunate to have right source to acquire the knowledge

1- was he saying anything at all undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided[b] (I don't think you can hear an ant making sound)

Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 5:56am On Mar 10, 2015
Tribute

She has been waiting for her husband from Iraq for long. But not too long after reunion in Texas, her husband was gunned down outside their home while taken picture of snow. SAD

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:07am On Mar 10, 2015
Empiree:
Tribute

She has been waiting for her husband from Iraq for long. But not too long after reunion in Texas, her husband was gunned down outside their home while taken picture of snow. SAD

Don't you think you are as ridiculous as those who incessantly post "Arab man kills infidel" anti-muslim news?

So what is the point of this post. How does it relate to the on going discussion? I see through your tactics
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by limamintruth: 10:29am On Mar 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Are we talking about a will I'm talking about the gospel of jesus, and so far we are told dat he was preaching the gospel all around you call the book of matthew,mark,luke and john the Gospels.and Jesus didnt read any of them. Now what Gospel was Jesus preaching? is it the gospel of paul? or the contradicting gospels of mark mattew luke and john

Nope. unless you are saying that the gospel jesus preached is inconsistent and contradicting.

Quran has been in writing during his time, though wasnt compiled together during his time.

Jesus is the gospel/word. So your question doesnt make sense. cool
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 12:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Don't you think you are as ridiculous as those who incessantly post "Arab man kills infidel" anti-muslim news?

So what is the point of this post. How does it relate to the on going discussion? I see through your tactics
pardon

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 12:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
limamintruth:

Jesus is the gospel/word. So your question doesnt make sense. cool
which gospel/word?. The last time i checked there are over 40 gospel versions with lots of differences, distortion, manipulation confusion, blasphemy....the list goes on.

King James Version is dubbed the most reliable version but badly faulted by Revised Standard Version , thus:
Lol, Bible Condemns Itself. Revised Standard Version Faults King James Bible. This is From Preface Of RSV.

PREFACE

[size=4pt]The Revised Standard Version of the Bible is an authorized revision of the
American Standard Version, published in 1901, which was a revision of the
King James Version, published in 1611.

The first English version of the Scriptures made by direct translation from
the original Hebrew and Greek, and the first to be printed, was the work of
William Tyndale. He met bitter opposition. He was accused of willfully per-
verting the meaning of the Scriptures, and his New Testaments were ordered
to be burned as "untrue translations." He was finally betrayed into the hands
of his enemies, and in October 1536 ? was publicly executed and burned at the
stake.

Yet Tyndale's work became the foundation of subsequent English versions,
notably those of Coverdale, 1535; Thomas Matthew (probably a pseudonym
for John Rogers), 1537; the Great Bible, 1539; the Geneva Bible, 1560; and the
Bishops' Bible, 1568. In 1582 a translation of the New Testament, made from
the Latin Vulgate by Roman Catholic scholars, was published at Rheims.

The translators who made the King James Version took into account all of
these preceding versions; and comparison shows that it owes something to each
of them. It kept felicitous phrases and apt expressions, from whatever source,
which had stood the test of public usage. It owed most, especially in the New
Testament, to Tyndale.

The King James Version had to compete with the Geneva Bible in popular
use; but in the end it prevailed, and for more than two and a half centuries no
other authorized translation of the Bible into English was made. The King
James Version became the "Authorized Version" of the English-speaking
peoples.[/size]
The King James Version has with good reason been termed "the noblest
monument of English prose." Its revisers in 1881 expressed admiration for "its
simplicity, its dignity, its power, its happy turns of expression . . . the music of
its cadences, and the felicities of its rhythm." It entered, as no other book has,
into the making of the personal character and the public institutions of the
English-speaking peoples. We owe to it an incalculable debt.

Yet the King James Version has GRAVE DEFECTS. By the middle of the nine-
teenth century, the development of Biblical studies and the discovery of many
manuscripts more ancient than those upon which the King James Version was
based, made it manifest that these defects are so many and so serious as to call
for revision
grin shocked grin shocked of the English translation. The task was undertaken, by authority
of the Church of England, in 1870. The English Revised Version of the Bible
was published in 1881-1885; and the American Standard Version, its variant
embodying the preferences of the American scholars associated in the work,
was published in 1901. This is the version of the Bible ifeann credited and recommended so much.
Source: http://archive.org/stream/OxfordAnnotatedBibleRevisedStandardVersion-r.s.v.1952/TheOxfordAnnotatedBibleR.s.v.1952_djvu.txt
So which version Jesus preached?

3 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
Empiree:
pardon

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Rilwayne001: 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
limamintruth:

Jesus is the gospel/word.

Which means he has nothing to do with the bible? or can you please elaborate on what you said above?
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by plainbibletruth: 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Which means he has nothing to do with the bible? or can you please elaborate on what you said above?

What was in existence when Jesus Christ lived on earth was the Old Testament.
The New Testament was written subsequently.
Many manuscripts exist of these in the original languages.
What we have today are various translations from these original languages.

The Quran too has different translations.

The true Muslim must believe in the authenticity of the Bible as Mohammed did – Sura 5: 68, Sura 21: 7

When Jesus Christ is called THE WORD OF GOD it means he embodies all of God’s revelation to mankind.

See Sura 3:45; 5: 46, 110; 57:27.

Is that title not also one of Jesus’ titles in the Quran – i.e. the title of the Word of God.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 1:43pm On Mar 10, 2015
plainbibletruth:

[size=5pt]What was in existence when Jesus Christ lived on earth was the Old Testament.
The New Testament was written subsequently.
Many manuscripts exist of these in the original languages.
What we have today are various translations from these original languages.

The Quran too has different translations.

The true Muslim must believe in the authenticity of the Bible as Mohammed did – Sura 5: 68, Sura 21: 7

When Jesus Christ is called THE WORD OF GOD it means he embodies all of God’s revelation to mankind.

See Sura 3:45; 5: 46, 110; 57:27.

Is that title not also one of Jesus’ titles in the Quran – i.e. the Word of God.[/size]
Man, don't get it twisted. Qur'an is Arabic, one version. Translation are not Qur'an.

Empiree:
Say you have a desire to read the Bible for the first time. So you go to your local bookstore or check online for a free version. But rather than simply find a copy of the Bible, you’re faced with hundreds of choices. You feel overwhelmed. Who knew there were so many versions of the Bible?

You find study Bibles, archaeological Bibles, devotional Bibles, women’s Bibles, patriotic Bibles, teen Bibles, and even skater Bibles. Skater Bibles?! you think. You finally find the “plain” Bibles and prepare to pick one out.

Then you realize that there are dozens and dozens of different translations of the Bible, often known by their abbreviations: King James Version (KJV); New International Version (NIV); English Standard Version (ESV); New Revised Standard Version (NRSV); New Living Translation (NLT)—the list goes on and on.

How do you choose a Bible? What’s the difference between all these translations? Why are there so many? Now, dont tell me the difference is just translations. No, that's incorrect. Let me give you example of what Quran is talking about. It says you have distorted your Bible (in the form of ommision, addition, etc). Now let's take a look at CASE STUDY (see below)

Good News Bible

The Bible is divided into two(2):

*used by Catholics
*used by protestants

Now, Catholic Bible (Good News) has 73 chapters BUT Protestant Bible (Good News) has 66 chapters

So it means there are 7 chapters missing from Protestants' Good News Bible

Catholics say their Book is original and that any omission from their Book is false and they have evidence in their Book of Revelation.

Protestants also said their Book is original and nothing is missing. They have evidence in their own as well. Revelation 22:18-19 against one another. So I ask all Christians, if I have Protestant's Good News Bible, I go to any church and pastor says "open John 3:16". I am sure everyone or almost everyone will be able to do so.

Now, if pastor goes further and he says "open the book of Baruch chapter 1:1". There is going to be problem because Pastor is using Catholic Good News Bible. But you as church goer will never find the book of Baruch chapter 1:1 in Protestant's Good News Bible.

So this is my research. I dont need to do this research to believe what Quran says about that:

So woe to those who write the "scripture" with their own hands, then say, "This is from Allah ," in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn. 2:79

But those who wronged changed [those words] to a statement other than that which had been said to them, so We sent down upon those who wronged a punishment from the sky because they were defiantly disobeying.2:59

But do they not know that Allah knows what they conceal and what they declare?2:77

And hadith:

Narrated Ubaidullah: Ibn 'Abbas said, "Why do you ask the people of the scripture about anything while your Book (Quran) which has been revealed to Allah's Apostle is newer and the latest? You read it pure, undistorted and unchanged, and Allah has told you that the people of the scripture (Jews and Christians) changed their scripture and distorted it, and wrote the scripture with their own hands and said, 'It is from Allah,' to sell it for a little gain. Does not the knowledge which has come to you prevent you from asking them about anything? No, by Allah, we have never seen any man from them asking you regarding what has been revealed to you!" (Bukhari Volume 9, Book 92, Number 461)

There are bunch of Bibles. They are way too much. So if you deny this allegation above, then, I urge you to do research instead labeling muslims "taqqiyah", "ignorance". That doesn't help you at all. I have piles of Bibles...some even with ridiculous names.

So with confusion in the case study I gave above, I confidently ask you which Bible Jesus actually preached?. I am coming to King James itself as it contradicts other vis-a-vis. So malvisguy212, you dont need epistle to answer simple question. You dont need copy paste to give simple answer.

Qur'an contains 114 chapters and any Muslim can use it anywhere, anytime, any-day. A Nigerian Muslim can confidently use his/her Quran in America. American can confidently use his/her Bible in China and so on. It's all the same. So by definition of "Change" Quran refers to, let's take a look at dictionary.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/change: Change means to become different

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/change. Definition
: to become different

: to make (someone or something) different

: to become something else

So is Qur'an right or wrong?.

3 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Shirley07: 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Christ words are in the Bible and in his name, every knees and tongues like you and the devil shall confess him as Lord.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2015
Shirley07:

Christ words are in the Bible and in his name, every knees and tongues like you and the devil shall confess him as Lord.
Which bible ? You have over 40 different versions. Which one jesus read?.

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Shirley07: 9:09pm On Mar 10, 2015
Empiree:
Which bible ? You have over 40 different versions. Which one jesus read?.
You made no sense just like Mohammed never did.
Jesus couldn't have read the bible when he already has the knowledge of all the works in the O.T and even then, the bible wasn't even complete at that time.
The books Jesus read were books of the prophet which talked about him and affirmed that he's truly the son of God. The gospels he preached were of himself, salvation, God's kingdom, his death and resurrection which are all written in the New testament.
Hence, Jesus is our gospel and message.
The song writer goes thus:
Jesus only is our Message,
Jesus all our theme shall be,
We will lift up Jesus ever,
Jesus only will we see.
Chorus:
Jesus only, Jesus ever! Jesus all, in all we sing,
Saviour, Sanctifier, Healer, Baptizer and coming King.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by limamintruth: 9:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

The Holy Bible consist of the gospel which is the word of God (Kalmatullah) in written form.
And Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh (in human form).
So are you asking if Jesus Christ read of Himself or what exactly? undecided

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by limamintruth: 10:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
Empiree:
which gospel/word?. The last time i checked there are over 40 gospel versions with lots of differences, distortion, manipulation confusion, blasphemy....the list goes on.

King James Version is dubbed the most reliable version but badly faulted by Revised Standard Version , thus:
So which version Jesus preached?

Oh, you mean just like your Caliph Uthman-created quran that also has various versions in english, as can be seen below shocked :-

QURAN 37:102

Sahih International: And when he reached with him [the age of] exertion, he said, "O my son, indeed I have seen in a dream that I [must] sacrifice you, so see what you think." He said, "O my father, do as you are commanded. You will find me, if Allah wills, of the steadfast."
Pickthall: And when (his son) was old enough to walk with him, (Abraham) said: O my dear son, I have seen in a dream that I must sacrifice thee. So look, what thinkest thou? He said: O my father! Do that which thou art commanded. Allah willing, thou shalt find me of the steadfast.
Yusuf Ali: Then, when (the son) reached (the age of) (serious) work with him, he said: "O my son! I see in vision that I offer thee in sacrifice: Now see what is thy view!" (The son) said: "O my father! Do as thou art commanded: thou will find me, if Allah so wills one practising Patience and Constancy!"
Shakir: And when he attained to working with him, he said: O my son! surely I have seen in a dream that I should sacrifice you; consider then what you see. He said: O my father! do what you are commanded; if Allah please, you will find me of the patient ones.
Muhammad Sarwar: When his son was old enough to work with him, he said, "My son, I have had a dream that I must sacrifice you. What do you think of this?" He replied, "Father, fulfill whatever you are commanded to do and you will find me patient, by the will of God". E.T.C. cool

[ Therefore Mr. Ignoramus, Irrespective of how many times english as a language evolves, the content & message of the Holy Bible still remains the same forever]. kiss
Except maybe you were only referring to the alleged divine book with the following dubious history
tongue grin :-

"The third caliph, Uthman, became famous, or rather infamous, for Quran burning. Distressing reports had filtered to him from battlefield generals who were fighting against the Armenians and other nations on the edge of his burgeoning Islamic empire: different versions of the Quran were overheard being recited.
Caliph Uthman had a bold idea. He made a new edition of the Quran and demanded that all other editions be surrendered and burnt. Not everyone liked this. After all, Uthman was not one of the four people Prophet Muhammad had said Muslims could trust to issue the Quran. Ibn Mas'ud, on the other hand, was. He refused point-blank to surrender his collection of the Quran, which he claimed he got directly from Muhammad.
Ali, the famous one who was Prophet Mohammed's son-in-law and the soon-to-be fourth caliph, at first refused to surrender his Quran to the flames. He finally gave in under pressure, but he was not pleased.
Some claim Ali's displeasure led him to participate in the assassination of Uthman -- staged while Uthman was reading his new version of the Quran. One report has the assassins dramatically screaming, "You changed Allah's Quran!" as they plunged knives into the fading caliph's body. Ali's followers, who became the Shiites, to this day feel that Uthman tampered with the Quran to deprive Ali's family of the hereditary right to lead Islam.
Caliph Uthman's bonfire dealt a blow to textual criticism of the Quran. Fortunately, some hidden pre-Uthmanic manuscripts survived and have slowly come to light, although access to them has been limited: their very existence goes against the party line that the Quran has never been changed. We know that Ibn Mas'ud's version was different from the modern Quran. For example, it did not include the important first sura, known as the 'Fatiha'.... "

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 11:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
limamintruth:

Oh, you mean just like your Caliph Uthman-created quran that also has various versions in english, as can be seen below shocked :-

Too much talks doesnt solve anything. All you have to do is present Quran that contradict themselves. For instance, there are some Bibles that have some verses expunged. The like of Amplified Bible which is missing many books etc. I can go on and write out more examples. But in the Quran, even english translations they are consistent. I was reading a Bible(name withheld) 2days ago and it's missing a verse like say John 13:1,2,4,5,6,7,8,10. Can you spot what i am talking about?. But you will never see this with Quran.

Let me remind you again that Quran is in arabic. It's all the same. Once it's translated in to other language(s), it's no longer Quran, it's translation of the meaning. Your (Bible) original manuscripts are lost in history.

So if you think there are inconsistencies with Quran, kindly bring them forward. I dont want to hear much talks like you did up there. That's irrelevant. All i need from you is evidence. Simple right?. ifeaan and dejign already tried this but failed. You are next.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 11:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
Shirley07:

You made no sense just like Mohammed never did.
Jesus couldn't have read the bible when he already has the knowledge of all the works in the O.T and even then, the bible wasn't even complete at that time.
The books Jesus read were books of the prophet which talked about him and affirmed that he's truly the son of God. The gospels he preached were of himself, salvation, God's kingdom, his death and resurrection which are all written in the New testament.
Hence, Jesus is our gospel and message.
The song writer goes thus:
Jesus only is our Message,
Jesus all our theme shall be,
We will lift up Jesus ever,
Jesus only will we see.
Chorus:
Jesus only, Jesus ever! Jesus all, in all we sing,
Saviour, Sanctifier, Healer, Baptizer and coming King.
Okay, that means Jesus has no idea of over 40 different bibles that you now have, that have much discrepancies within them. Okay, good you have answered the question. It means Jesus didn't preach Christianity. He has no idea what it is.

3 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by limamintruth: 12:55am On Mar 11, 2015
Empiree:
Too much talks doesnt solve anything. All you have to do is present Quran that contradict themselves.

Lmao, So after exposing your folly in respect of the Holy Bible's English translations you criticised by enlightening you about your beloved quran's many english versions too, all you could do is to hastily scribble down this balderdash of cheap talk right cheesy ? Why not then show me the Holy Bible translations that contradict themselves then? undecided

Empiree:
For instance, there are some Bibles are have some verses expunged. The like of Amplified Bible which is missing many books etc. I can go on and write out more examples.

You still have said nothing mister. Why are you shying away from quoting the Bible verse(s) allegedely missing in the translation as mentioned by you

Empiree:
But in the Quran, even english translations they are consistent. I was reading a Bible(name withheld) 2days ago and it's missing a verse like say John 13:1,2,4,5,6,7,8,10. Can you spot what i am talking about?. But you will never see this with Quran.

BlaBlaBla... As i said earlier, kindly release the name(s) of the Bible translation(s) then. Or else, your allegation remains baseless. cool

Empiree:
Let me remind you again that Quran is in arabic. It's all the same. Once it's translated in to other language(s), it's no longer Quran, it's translation of the meaning.

Lol, this is really getting interesting shocked . So you mean the quran english translation is not regarded as the actual arabic quran right? lipsrsealed?
Does that mean the english translation is only a mere book of interpretation, hence, shouldnt to refered to as the actual supposed 'divine' book? Lallai kam! shocked

Mind you the Holy Bible is not limited to only one language because it is the true message of God that is meant for all nations of the world who speak diverse languages. Our God understand all languages and listens to prayers of the believers spoken in all languages. Our God is not a God of confusion. He has a purpose for allowing nations of the earth to speak in diverse tongues.

And at least, i accurately cited an example of some quranic versions, whereas, you havent cited any Bible verse to buttress your point in your lenghthy post of gibberish. cheesy
So i can see you are the kid here. cool

I'l leave you with the piece of uthman quranic translations with contradictory words for you ponder upon tonight grin :

Yusuf Ali : He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: in it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning);...

Pickthall : He it is Who hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture wherein are clear revelations - ...

Shakir : He it is Who has revealed the Book to you; some of its verses are decisive ...

(So kindly explain to us how the following terms (from the quranic texts above) mean the same thing mister-mallam-wannabe cool :-

- basic or fundamental (of established meaning)

- clear revelations

- some of its verses are decisive. )

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Shows 'Paul O' Paul Okoye's Mansion To Shame Those That Pay Tithes / The Koran Reveals That Jesus Is God... / Social Distancing In Akwa Ibom Church (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.