Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? (52863 Views)

Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible / Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 12:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
trustman:
One fact is clear: all men are sinners, and also all men die. 

What takes care of the sin issue and where the one who dies spends eternity becomes the next focus. 

In Christ Jesus the sin issue is resolved; he died to pay the penalty for sin. By his resurrection (because he lives) anyone who anchors his hope on him can be assured of eternity with God. 
All it takes is believe on Jesus Christ as the Saviour and salvation is guaranteed. 

No other way or system provides such assurance - None! 
you don't know what you talking about
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Rilwayne001: 2:50pm On Mar 07, 2015
Shirley07:
[s] Smh @Op, Jesus is the Word of God himself!
Mohammed couldn't even omit that line from his plagarised Quran.
That should tell you something. [/s]

If he is the word of God why did he read the OT again?

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by PastorKun(m): 2:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
Rilwayne001:

If he is the word of God why did he read the OT again?

Very daft question.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Rilwayne001: 3:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
PastorKun:

Very daft question.

grin grin
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Ifeann(f): 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
Empiree:
[size=15pt]Gospel Of Barnabas[/size]
Page 17, Chapter 17

17. In this chapter is clearly perceived the unbelief of Christians, and the true faith of Mumin(Muslims).

When Jesus had said this, Philip answered: 'We are content to serve God, but we desire, however, to know God. For Isaiah the prophet said: "Verily thou art a hidden God," and God said to Moses his servant: "I am that which I am."

Jesus answered: 'Philip, God is a good without which there is naught good; God is a being without which there is naught that is; God is a life without which there is naught that liveth; so great that he filleth all and is everywhere. He alone hath no equal. He hath had no beginning, nor will he ever have an end, but to everything hath he given a beginning and to everything shall he give an end. He hath no father nor mother; he hath no sons, nor brethren, nor companions. And because God hath no body, therefore he eateth not, sleepeth not, dieth not, walketh not, moveth not, but abideth eternally without human similitude, for that he is incorporeal, uncompounded, immaterial, of the most simple substance. He is so good that he loveth goodness only; he is so just that when he punisheth or pardoneth it cannot be gainsaid. In short, I say unto thee, Philip, that here on earth thou canst not see him nor know him perfectly; but in his kingdom thou shalt see him for ever: wherein consisteth all our happiness and glory.'

Philip answered: 'Master, what sayest thou? It is surely written in Isaiah that God is our father; how, then, hath he no sons?'

Jesus answered: 'There are written in the prophets many parables, wherefore thou oughtest not to attend to the letter, but to the sense. For all the prophets, that are one hundred and forty-four thousand, whom God hath sent into the world, have spoken darkly. But after me shall come the Splendour of all the prophets and holy ones, and shall shed light upon the darkness of all that the prophets have said, because he is the messenger of God.'(<-prophet Muhammad is referenced here...so clear). And having said this, Jesus sighed and said: 'Have mercy on Israel, O Lord God and look with pity upon Abraham and upon his seed, in order that they may serve thee with truth of heart.

His disciples answered: 'So be it, O Lord our God!'

Jesus said: 'Verily I say unto you, the scribes and doctors have made void the law of God with their false prophecies, contrary to the prophecies of the true prophets of God: Wherefore God is wroth with the house of Israel and with this faithless generation.' His disciples wept at these words, and said: 'Have mercy, O God, have mercy upon the temple and upon the holy city, and give it not into contempt of the nations that they despise not thy holy covenant.' Jesus answered: 'So be it, Lord God of our fathers.'

Read the above^ very well. Jesus clearly predicted distortion of his message and law. There are at least forty(40) different Bibles. Most contradict one another. Some Bible are missing verses and chapters. They even have "kiddie Bible", "Skate Bible", "Women Bible", "Amplified Bible". Very ridiculous!
[size=2pt]texaco1[/size]

Lol. ... please. who who is this Barnabas. ..I hope u know these nonsense u quote are forgeries. there are others like it that historical analysis and dating have firmly confirmed as frauds just like islam..the quest of of the antichrist didn't start today...
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 8:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ifeann:

Lol. ... please. who who is this Barnabas. ..I hope u know these nonsense u quote are forgeries. there are others like it that historical analysis and dating have firmly confirmed as frauds just like islam..the quest of of the antichrist didn't start today...
Are all other Bibles any better?. You talk about anti-christ, arent bunch of ridiculous verses in the Bible ridiculing Jesus, other great prophets and God Himself, including KJV that you so much love. Which of the Bibles is really relevant, to me.................NONE

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by PastorKun(m): 10:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
Empiree:
Are all other Bibles any better?. You talk about anti-christ, arent bunch of ridiculous verses in the Bible ridiculing Jesus, other great prophets and God Himself, including KJV that you so much love. Which of the Bibles is really relevant, to me.................NONE

Even the quoran is not relevant to you or anyone else alive today. tongue
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 3:07am On Mar 08, 2015
PastorKun:

Even the quoran is not relevant to you or anyone else alive today. tongue
Mr. man, you love hiding behind lady's skirt. Come out openly and declare your creed. You all got different ones

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 5:25am On Mar 08, 2015
PastorKun:

Very daft question.
How is it daft?. His question was genuine......confused bibles.....confused people

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 5:41am On Mar 08, 2015
malvisguy212:
you will never understand this unless the holy spirit teach you.

Jesus has two nature,the apostle peter was teaching the nature of the son the context of that chapter was; Peter Speaks in Solomon's Colonnade ,he preach how sinful the people were, they prefers A criminal over the righteous one (Jesus) to let them understand ,he concentrate on the nature of the flesh in the person of christ Jesus. It will not make sense to them if peter preach about the Godly nature of Jesus because the Jews do not believe in Jesus. To make you understand read the book of isaiah;

◄ Isaiah 42:1 ►
"Here is my SERVANT, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put MY SPIRIT on him, and he will bring
justice to the nations.

Isaiah prophesied about the servant, that is Jesus and the spirit of God was on him. The flesh of Jesus does not matter, what matter the most is the spirit of God that was upon him.non other prophet has ever claimed to possess the spirit of God, the all have the nature of Godliness,here is the fulfil of isaiah prophecy;

Matthew12:17-18. This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:
“Here is my servant whom I have chosen,
the one I love, in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him,
and he will proclaim justice to the
nations.

Here,matthew and isaiah called him servant,they show more emphasis on his nature of the flesh.if you read the whole matthew chapter 12 you will find out that Jesus don't want them to know his identity,why? Because his time is not yet come.
This all nonsense. Simple question:

Is Jesus son of God?

Is Jesus servant of God

These are NOT identical

Definitions:

son - : a male child

the Son : the second person of the Trinity in the Christian religion : Jesus Christ http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/son

servant - : a person who is hired to do household or personal duties such as cleaning and cooking

: a person who is devoted to or guided by something http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/servant

Definitions are crystal clear.

Both phrases have one thing in common....they are human beings. Servant, despite being human is defined to be SUBSERVIENT to a boss. In the bone of contention, he's subservient to God. So clear!

You haven't prove anything. Bible called Jesus servant. Meaning he's messenger...nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 5:49am On Mar 08, 2015
The song of Isa ibn Mariyam (AS)

My meal is fasting,

My standard is awe of Allah.

My clothing is of simple wool,

My prayer in winter is at suns rise.

My lamp is moonlight,

My steed is my legs.

My meal is whatever the earth gives me.

I lay down to sleep at night and have nothing,

I awake in the morning and have nothing, yet there is no one richer than I.

Source: [size=5pt]gleaned from remnant of aramaic text of Gospel[/size]

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 6:36am On Mar 08, 2015
[size=15pt]"Muhammed is the most successful of all Prophets and religious personalities."[/size] Encyclopedia Britannica

The founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammed. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he? " Lamartine, Historie de la Turquie, Paris 1854, Vol. 11 pp. 276-2727

"If a man like Muhammed were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness." George Bernard Shaw

[size=15pt]"I have studied him - the wonderful man - and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ he must be called the savior of humanity."[/size] George Bernard Shaw in "The Genuine Islam"

ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANNICA confirms:

"....a mass of detail in the early sources show that he was an honest and upright man who had gained the respect and loyalty of others who were like-wise honest and upright men." (Vol. 12)

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels." (M.H. Hart, THE 100: A RANKING OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONS IN HISTORY, New York, 1978, p. 33

As a Muslim i do not need Encyclopedia's to show what a great man Muhammad(saw) is, I just read the Qur'an & i know. ~ Empiree

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Rilwayne001: 6:43am On Mar 08, 2015
Empiree:
How is it daft?. His question was genuine......confused bibles.....confused people

Are you minding pastorK?

He has a very low IQ (no offense)

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by malvisguy212: 6:51am On Mar 08, 2015
Empiree:
This all nonsense. Simple question:

Is Jesus son of God?

Is Jesus servant of God

These are NOT identical

Definitions:

son - : a male child

the Son : the second person of the Trinity in the Christian religion : Jesus Christ http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/son

servant - : a person who is hired to do household or personal duties such as cleaning and cooking

: a person who is devoted to or guided by something http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/servant

Definitions are crystal clear.

Both phrases have one thing in common....they are human beings. Servant, despite being human is defined to be SUBSERVIENT to a boss. In the bone of contention, he's subservient to God. So clear!

You haven't prove anything. Bible called Jesus servant. Meaning he's messenger...nothing else.

it take you more than two weeks to reply this post.

None other prophet has the spirit of God except Jesus(the quran confirmed it) ,what does this mean to you? It mean God possessed the body of a man flesh called Jesus.you and I know that God is a spirit and a spirit needed a flesh to walk in the realm of human. All this simply mean Jesus is God and man,the flesh nature is the servant of God, but God did not override Jesus nature.

Jesus is addressed as a ‘son’ by the angel Gabriel both in the Qur’an (Surah 19:19) and in the Bible (Luke 1:35), whose son is he?” Is it Mary’s? In Surah 19:19, the angel Gabriel said to Mary: “I am only a messenger of thy Lord, to announce to thee the GIFT of a holy son .” Here, Gabriel refers to a son who was to be given as a “GIFT” by God to Mary. Since the Qur’an makes it very clear that the son is a gift from God, it shows that Mary was only the recipient of that gift. She is not the source of that gift but God. The gift belongs to God. The gift was a son. Therefore, the son belongs to God which means the son was His or His son. In other words, God’s son. This testifies to the Gospel truth that Jesus is the Son of God.

Muslims have a great misunderstanding
about what is meant by calling Jesus the
Son of God. To them, it means that God
performed a physical sexual act to
conceive a child. This is an abhorrent
blasphemy because Christians too agree
that “it is not fitting to the majesty and
holiness of God that He should beget a
son” through sexual means. ( Surah
19:35). We know that it is not possible for God to beget a son as a man begets a son. This could never be. God is
incapable of such a physical act and we
must never think of God in this way. No
Christian would ever think such a
blasphemous thing of the true and living God. Christians do not believe that Jesus is the Son of God in a physical sense. They believe that Jesus is the Son of God in a spiritual sense.

The Qur’an asks a question in Surah
6:101:

“How can He have a son when He
hath no consort?”

Observe carefully how the carnal and
physical traits of humans are attributed
to God in this verse. No consideration
whatsoever is given for the divine infinite nature of God. Just because men on earth cannot have sons unless they
cohabit with their wives, so the Qur’an
blasphemously concludes that God, too,
cannot have a son unless he cohabits
with a wife. Try to comprehend this utter ridiculousness for a moment. According to the absurd logic of the Qur’an, although God Almighty was able to create the vast universe and every living being in it out of nothing, he is unable to produce a son for himself without a wife. If God could actually cause Mary to produce a son without a husband, why would it be impossible for him to similarly produce a son without a wife?

The reason for Muhammad’s utter failure to understand this simple truth is explained in the Bible:

1 Corinthians 2:14: But a physical
man does not receive the things of
the spirit of God, for they are
foolishness to him; and he cannot
get to know them, because they are
examined spiritually.

Before we answer the question raised in
Surah 6:101, we want to draw the
attention of Muslims to the fact that the
Qur’an itself answers this question in
Surah 39:4:

“If Allah had willed to choose a son,
He could have chosen what He
would of that which He hath
created. Be He Glorified! He is Allah,
the One, the Absolute.” (Pickthall)

Well, does not this Qur’anic verse prove
that Allah can and could have a son?
Now, let us go back to the question
raised in Surah 6:101. This Qur’anic verse asks, “How can God have a son without a wife?” Just think, why is Mary capable of doing something that Allah cannot? If Muslims can accept the fact that it was possible for Mary to conceive a son without a consort (husband) why do they find it difficult to accept the fact that the Almighty Creator can have a son without a consort (wife)? Yes, if Mary can beget a son without the sexual involvement of a husband, surely the Almighty God can have a son without the association of a wife. It would be very foolish for anyone to limit the power of God by saying, “God
cannot have a son.” The Qur’an itself
proclaims in Surah 2:20: “Lo! Allah is
able to do all things.” (Pickthall)
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 7:31am On Mar 08, 2015
I Attended A Conference Yesterday. Guests Were Two(2) Scholars:

Dr. Shabir Ally:
*Islam message to the world.
*Reforming ourselves.
*Reaching out to our neighbors

Shaikh Rafeeq Muhammad:
The Prophet's(saw) Character Enhancing our lives

Well detailed and interesting lectures. Prophet Muhammad's character is documented in the ONLY preserved and protected Qur'an. Anything outside of that is in conflict with what is revealed in the Quran is rejected.

After lecture was over, next session was Q & A. In this session, I asked my question in direct reference to nonsense threads and posts by ifean. In fact, all muslims that contributed enormously to refute the lady's allegations really tried. Her alegations are nothing new to Muslim scholars like Dr. Ally who is well acquainted with "evangelic tactics". I asked this question.....

"Some non-Muslims employed tactical evangelical approach by attacking characters of Prophet Muhammad(sallalahu alay wasalam). They said lots of derogatory things. They said those things are from our (Islam) sources like Ibn Ishaq. How Do We Approach And Refute This?"

Dr. Shabir Ally's response was simple and direct. He said many things I already said here.

"not only evangelical Christians use the tactics. None christians used the same thing as well. Ibn Ishaq's writings of seerah was 100yrs after prophet Muhammad. There are many things written that are untrue. They are in direct conflict with revelation(Qur'an)......"

Dr. Ally did give comprehensive answer. I hope the clip will be available on YouTube soon. We the believers hold the Qur'an as the only protected and guaranteed source of information in Islam. Anything else is faulted. None Muslims bigots will choose what to believe basically. Ibn Ishaq was not the only early source. There are many others beside him who wrote seerah.

Ibn Ishaq's parent was a christian. Below is biography of him. https://islamgreatreligion./2012/03/21/truth-about-biographylife-of-muhammad-written-by-ibn-ishaq/

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 08, 2015
Op jesus doesn't need to read any bible becos he is d bible himsef #facts#
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 8:02am On Mar 08, 2015
malvisguy212:
it take you more than two weeks to reply this post.

None other prophet has the spirit of God except Jesus(the quran confirmed it) ,what does this mean to you? It mean God possessed the body of a man flesh called Jesus.you and I know that God is a spirit and a spirit needed a flesh to walk in the realm of human.
And how about Adam?. Wasn't Adam created with the spirit of God?.

"When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him." Q38:72

Read the above very well. If Jesus is son of God, what is Adam?. You see, this is very simple. Quran says when Allah wishes something (done), He merely says to it Be! And it comes in to being. Simple. Adam had no mother, no father but Jesus had mother, Mary. So why Adam not son of God too?. When man and woman have intercourse, if God doesn't breath His command (spirit) there will be no pregnancy. SIMPLE!

36:82- All He needs to do to carry out any command is say to it, "Be," and it is.

I chose to ignore you cuz u bored me.

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:20am On Mar 08, 2015
Empiree:
[size=15pt]"Muhammed is the most successful of all Prophets and religious personalities."[/size] Encyclopedia Britannica

The founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammed. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he? " Lamartine, Historie de la Turquie, Paris 1854, Vol. 11 pp. 276-2727

"If a man like Muhammed were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness." George Bernard Shaw

[size=15pt]"I have studied him - the wonderful man - and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ he must be called the savior of humanity."[/size] George Bernard Shaw in "The Genuine Islam"

ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANNICA confirms:

"....a mass of detail in the early sources show that he was an honest and upright man who had gained the respect and loyalty of others who were like-wise honest and upright men." (Vol. 12)

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels." (M.H. Hart, THE 100: A RANKING OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONS IN HISTORY, New York, 1978, p. 33

As a Muslim i do not need Encyclopedia's to show what a great man Muhammad(saw) is, I just read the Qur'an & i know. ~ Empiree

I have seen many other muslims copy and paste this propaganda.

I hope you know that those Bernard Shaw quotes you put up are false.

There is no doubt that Prophet Muhammad was a great man but there is no need to tell lies to promote him

2 Likes

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by joseph1832(m): 8:29am On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I have seen many other muslims copy and paste this propaganda.

There is no doubt that Prophet Muhammad was a great man but there is no need to tell lies to promote him
You see this is the trouble with many religious followers, especially the christians and moslems. Instead of them to conduct their own research about their religion they always tend to copy and follow what others do, especially those who are famous.

I wonder if they really believe reading someone else' view on religion and swallowing it hook, line and sinker makes them smart?. This beats me often times.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 8:34am On Mar 08, 2015
False? ....go and challenge encyclopedia Britannica, not me.

There is no doubt that Prophet Muhammad was a great man
Good. You spoke the truth for the first time on NL but why not cautioned your girlfriend with nonsense she copied pasted about him?

but there is no need to tell lies to promote him
After you said "There is no doubt that Prophet Muhammad was a great man" where is lies?....You confused?

It pains you because we value him so much?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:41am On Mar 08, 2015
joseph1832:
You see this is the trouble with many religious followers, especially the christians and moslems. Instead of them to conduct their own research about their religion they always tend to copy and follow what others do, especially those who are famous.

I wonder if they really believe reading someone else' view on religion and swallowing it hook, line and sinker makes them smart?. This beats me often times.

I understand this very well. Too many of my fellow religious people do not read on their own. They prefer to be fed reigious teachings by their pastors/imams and peers.

I read my own bible and religious books. I don't need anyone coming to twist things for me. Empiree and Rilwayne have proven that they have masters who give them talking points. I have seen the older comments from Tbaba and other older muslims in the islam section from which Rilwayne/Empiree copy from.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:43am On Mar 08, 2015
Empiree:

Good. You spoke the truth for the first time on NL but why not cautioned your girlfriend with nonsense she copied pasted about him?

After you said "There is no doubt that Prophet Muhammad was a great man" where is lies?....You confused?

Bernard Shaw didn't make such quotes. I have no interest in debating this hoax with you. If you are not intelligent enough to research and find out yourself on google, the there is no point.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by malvisguy212: 8:46am On Mar 08, 2015
Empiree:
And how about Adam?. Wasn't Adam created with the spirit of God?.

"When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him." Q38:72

Read the above very well. If Jesus is son of God, what is Adam?. You see, this is very simple. Quran says when Allah wishes something (done), He merely says to it Be! And it comes in to being. Simple. Adam had no mother, no father but Jesus had mother, Mary. So why Adam not son of God too?. When man and woman have intercourse, if God doesn't breath His command (spirit) there will be no pregnancy. SIMPLE!

36:82- All He needs to do to carry out any command is say to it, "Be," and it is.

I chose to ignore you cuz u bored me.
ok let comperd the two verse about Jesus and adam;

"When I have fashioned him (in due
proportion) and breathed INTO HIM of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him." Q38:72

This quranic verse does NOT say adam is a spirit FROM God,it say God breath into him. and the quran went on to say "breathed" it was this breath that gave life to us.

Here is the verse for Jesus;

Surah 4:171: “The Messiah, Jesus son
of Mary, was (no more than) an
apostle of Allah, and His Wor d, which
He bestowed on Mary, and A SPIRIT
FROM HIM.”

Here it say Jesus is "a spirit from God" Jesus is the only prophet which is adress like this. The quran never Gave the reason for the virgin birth ,when Mary ask "My Lord! How can I have a child when no mortal hath touched me?"the reply of the angel in the quran was " Allah createth what He WILL. If he decreeth a thing, He saith unto it
only: Be! And it is.” in other word, have you forgot how Allah create Adam? That how he will create the child. If you read through the quran the purpose of the virgin birth is not used, everything ended after the unique conception.

It is in the bible we know the reason of the virgin birth;

Luke 1:30-35
.... “How is this to be, since I
am a virgin?” In answer the angel
said to her: “Holy spirit will come
upon you and power of the Most
High will OVERSHADOWED you.
Therefore the child to be born will
be called holy — the Son of God.”

The reason in the bible is crystal clear here,the power of God came upon her and the holy spirit overshadowed her that causes an holy seed to be implanted in her.and if you continuously reading the bible you will find the purpose.

Adam was created without the agency of
a human father or mother because, as
the first man on earth, he could not have had earthly parents. Such an act of
creation was necessary at the beginning
of the world of mankind. Someone had to be created first. But in the case of Jesus, he was born without a human father when God’s natural process of
procreation had long been in existence.
Here we see God interrupting the course of nature, and overriding the very laws of procreation that he had himself established, in order that Christ might thus have a virgin-birth. Why? Surely such an act could not have been without meaning. It points to the profound truth that Jesus Christ held a very special relationship with the One who was the architect of this miraculous conception – a relationship that is shared by no other prophet. The birth of no other prophet has been anything as remotely close as the miraculous conception of Jesus Christ.

To deny that God does anything without
a purpose behind it amounts to a denial
of God himself. ( Surah 38:27) In the
Qur’an, it is the very absence of such a
clearly defined purpose in the unique
conception of Jesus, which perplexes the seeker of truth as to the meaning behind this miraculous birth. Being born of a virgin-woman, Jesus had an exceptional and unique beginning to his life on earth. As he was the only man in all human history to come into the world in this unusual way, we cannot be satisfied with the Qur’an’s summary declaration that it was no more than just an exercise of God’s power.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:48am On Mar 08, 2015
Empiree:

AllNaijaBlogger:

Bernard Shaw didn't make such quotes. I have no interest in debating this hoax with you. If you are not intelligent enough to research and find out yourself on google, the there is no point.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/ads-for-islam-misquote-shaw-from-bogus-book/story-fn59niix-1226676192844
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by joseph1832(m): 8:54am On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I understand this very well. Too many of my fellow religious people do not read on their own. They prefer to be fed reigious teachings by their pastors/imams and peers.

I read my own bible and religious books. I don't need anyone coming to twist things for me. Empiree and Rilwayne have proven that they have masters who give them talking points. I have seen the older comments from Tbaba and other older muslims in the islam section from which Rilwayne/Empiree copy from.
I wonder if they think or believe copy and paste makes them smart of really put them in the 'know'. That's how they end up being fundamentalist and terrorists because they will never take time to research for themselves!.

Same applies to christians, you'll always hear them say "pastor said this" and "pastor said that". I wonder when the words of their pastors became the word of God!.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:57am On Mar 08, 2015
joseph1832:
I wonder if they think or believe copy and paste makes them smart of really put them in the 'know'. That's how they end up being fundamentalist and terrorists because they will never take time to research for themselves!.

Same applies to christians, you'll always hear them say "pastor said this" and "pastor said that". I wonder when the words of their pastors became the word of God!.

Well, Oyedepo and T.B. Joshua are now gods.

Sometimes, I wonder if there will be a time when w in Nigeria will practice religion wit sense. There was a time I stopped going to church and started reading my bible at home.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by joseph1832(m): 9:02am On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Well, Oyedepo and T.B. Joshua are now gods.

Sometimes, I wonder if there will be a time when w in Nigeria will practice religion wit sense. There was a time I stopped going to church and started reading my bible at home.
Sense is a gift the average Nigerian lacks in tremendous quantity!.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 9:05am On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/ads-for-islam-misquote-shaw-from-bogus-book/story-fn59niix-1226676192844
what nonsense is this? there nothing there. Didn't u just copy/paste this?. Same thing u just accused me of. #yeyeman

Listen, we muslims don't need anyone to credit our prophet. Qur'an already spoke of him and that's sufficient. If we cited any notable quotes, is only compliment. It doesn't increase/decrease his status That's all.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by malvisguy212: 9:12am On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

don't mind the guy,that why I did not bother to reply all the post.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Empiree: 9:17am On Mar 08, 2015
Empiree:
[size=15pt]Gospel Of Barnabas[/size]
Page 17, Chapter 17

17. In this chapter is clearly perceived the unbelief of Christians, and the true faith of Mumin(Muslims).

When Jesus had said this, Philip answered: 'We are content to serve God, but we desire, however, to know God. For Isaiah the prophet said: "Verily thou art a hidden God," and God said to Moses his servant: "I am that which I am."

Jesus answered: 'Philip, God is a good without which there is naught good; God is a being without which there is naught that is; God is a life without which there is naught that liveth; so great that he filleth all and is everywhere. He alone hath no equal. He hath had no beginning, nor will he ever have an end, but to everything hath he given a beginning and to everything shall he give an end. He hath no father nor mother; he hath no sons, nor brethren, nor companions. And because God hath no body, therefore he eateth not, sleepeth not, dieth not, walketh not, moveth not, but abideth eternally without human similitude, for that he is incorporeal, uncompounded, immaterial, of the most simple substance. He is so good that he loveth goodness only; he is so just that when he punisheth or pardoneth it cannot be gainsaid. In short, I say unto thee, Philip, that here on earth thou canst not see him nor know him perfectly; but in his kingdom thou shalt see him for ever: wherein consisteth all our happiness and glory.'

Philip answered: 'Master, what sayest thou? It is surely written in Isaiah that God is our father; how, then, hath he no sons?'

Jesus answered: 'There are written in the prophets many parables, wherefore thou oughtest not to attend to the letter, but to the sense. For all the prophets, that are one hundred and forty-four thousand, whom God hath sent into the world, have spoken darkly. But after me shall come the Splendour of all the prophets and holy ones, and shall shed light upon the darkness of all that the prophets have said, because he is the messenger of God.'(<-prophet Muhammad is referenced here...so clear). And having said this, Jesus sighed and said: 'Have mercy on Israel, O Lord God and look with pity upon Abraham and upon his seed, in order that they may serve thee with truth of heart.

His disciples answered: 'So be it, O Lord our God!'

Jesus said: 'Verily I say unto you, the scribes and doctors have made void the law of God with their false prophecies, contrary to the prophecies of the true prophets of God: Wherefore God is wroth with the house of Israel and with this faithless generation.' His disciples wept at these words, and said: 'Have mercy, O God, have mercy upon the temple and upon the holy city, and give it not into contempt of the nations that they despise not thy holy covenant.' Jesus answered: 'So be it, Lord God of our fathers.'

Read the above^ very well. Jesus clearly predicted distortion of his message and law. There are at least forty(40) different Bibles. Most contradict one another. Some Bible are missing verses and chapters. They even have "kiddie Bible", "Skate Bible", "Women Bible", "Amplified Bible". Very ridiculous!
[size=2pt]texaco1[/size]

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:23am On Mar 08, 2015
Empiree:
what nonsense is this? there nothing there. Didn't u just copy/paste this?. Same thing u just accused me of. #yeyeman

Listen, we muslims don't need anyone to credit our prophet. Qur'an already spoke of him and that's sufficient. If we cited any notable quotes, is only compliment. It doesn't increase/decrease his status That's all.

Keep it up. You just keep driving people away from islam. When you I first met you, I was interested in Islam but your lies drove me away.

You copy and paste propaganda. You have zero original thought.
Re: Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? by joseph1832(m): 9:29am On Mar 08, 2015
Empiree:

Yeah right!.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply)

The Koran Reveals That Jesus Is God... / Social Distancing In Akwa Ibom Church (Photo) / Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.