Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

My Low Budget Wedding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Low Budget Wedding (1089 Views)

Best Low Budget Birthday Gift For My Girlfriend / Low Budget Wedding Ideas: A Must Read - Don't Miss Out / My Cape Town Xperience, My Low And High Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Low Budget Wedding by akeensbussy(m): 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
i got married in 2012 when my salary was 60k/month and my wife to be was not working.

firstly, i bought the neccessary items for the introduction and cooking. i spent 30k.
second month she went to the registry to enquire. so, we paid 7.5k and we were given a date, 3 days b4 the date we bought 2 crate of soft drinks and buscuit.
for the registry and cooking, i spent 35k. we are just 8 in number including her mom and mine. frm registry to my house direct. she has become my wife.

after 5 months i sent my inlaw 40k to my inlaw for the items on the list they gave me during introduction.

my wife i were able to achieve this thru corperation besides mo ti dami siwaju gan tele (i don pure cold water for front b4 my inaws)
we have two lovely kids now.

6 Likes

Re: My Low Budget Wedding by dajoaneke(m): 7:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
...Still girls these days are still waiting for Nnamdi from Russia to rush em off to a life of silver spoon. ok oo

1 Like

Re: My Low Budget Wedding by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
You tried bro. I congratulate you and appreciate you.

But I cannot try this. For the sake of your family, I hope your financial situation has improved.
Re: My Low Budget Wedding by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 28, 2015
Re: My Low Budget Wedding by jmoore(m): 8:21pm On Feb 28, 2015

Live within your means. You got it right.
Re: My Low Budget Wedding by akeensbussy(m): 8:26pm On Feb 28, 2015
Blackett:
You tried bro. I congratulate you and appreciate you.

But I cannot try this. For the sake of your family, I hope your financial situation has improved.

thanks bro. yes it has..we have 2 plots of land now. we are developing one already.
Re: My Low Budget Wedding by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
akeensbussy:

thanks bro. yes it has..we have 2 plots of land now. we are developing one already.
Cool. Impressive.
Re: My Low Budget Wedding by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
P.O.V.E.R.T.Y!
Re: My Low Budget Wedding by stinggy(m): 10:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
akeensbussy:

Happy for you. Forward ever you'll go.

One of life's greatest lesson is to live within one's means.
Re: My Low Budget Wedding by dechandel(f): 11:10pm On Feb 28, 2015
Blackett:

But I cannot try this.
I do not really blame the guy who asked why Igbo guys get married so late all in the terms of broke marriages aint cool undecided
Agbaya.. No go marry o tongue

1 Like

Re: My Low Budget Wedding by Mayorblaze: 2:28am On Mar 01, 2015
If only mhizizzy will agree to this type of wedding but she wants a bella naija wedding...

How can i afford such a wedding when i wasn't born with a sliver spoon

abeg who get sliver spoon i wan thief no i meant borrow
Re: My Low Budget Wedding by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 01, 2015
dechandel:
I do not really blame the guy who asked why Igbo guys get married so late all in the terms of broke marriages aint cool undecided
Agbaya.. No go marry o tongue
Errm, it's called wisdom.

That some did it and got away with it doesn't mean it works that way all the time. . . What will 60k a month do in my life, with all the personal and family responsibility I carry? And then, I get a wife on top the salary, and then as if that isn't enough, I start bringing more people into the world? Am I not a fool for trying that? Especially when I know a baby's demand is instant?

I dunno, but it's not worth it. Anything can happen at anytime to end that job. People are getting sacked every day. Wise guys no longer rely on salary and are hustling to make more. No offense meant to those who got married in that situation, those currently in the situation, and those considering it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

She Said To Me "I Only Date Cool Guys" / Are U Guy With Swag Or A Guy With Class? / Is Your Boyfriend A Husband Material? 10 Ways To Find Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.