Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (139962 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 9:39am On Apr 01, 2015
This stanbic sef undecided their processesare too rigorous...

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jerrygome: 1:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
GTB still 209.99 7789 on 31st March angry
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by EUGENE4GOO(m): 3:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
Please, who can tell me the best Zenith card for online transaction. Is it Prepaid Visa or Mastercard or Debit Visa or Mastercard. Which one are you using to buy things online. Can Zenith Debit card works in any site? I want to apply for one but I don't know which one to go for. Please I need your advice.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by kandrus: 4:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
I'll like to share my experience with opening standbic IBTC bank account.went to the bank, did all the necessary.after about 3hours my account number was sent to me,not upto 30mins another mail came in, notifying me that I had added a bank beneficiary.i had just barely opened the account have not even gotten an atm,how on earth would I have added a beneficiary.i know it's a scam link.now I feel it's an insider thing,all these
Banks are becoming porous and a little bit loose
With personal information.we should just try and be carefull the banks we open,and how we transact online,especially with clicking links with
Bank notification.could it be the staffs are aware of this ?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 4:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
kandrus:
I'll like to share my experience with opening standbic IBTC bank account.went to the bank, did all the necessary.after about 3hours my account number was sent to me,not upto 30mins another mail came in, notifying me that I had added a bank beneficiary.i had just barely opened the account have not even gotten an atm,how on earth would I have added a beneficiary.i know it's a scam link.now I feel it's an insider thing,all these
With personal information.we should just try and be carefull the banks we open,and how we transact online,especially with clicking links with

I always check the actual email address that sends it, not just the sender label or name per say. Sometimes i even track the ip address where the email originated from using the email header. Dats how i received an email from GTBANK a few days ago telling me to confirm my login or something like that.
This is called Phishing. The hacker will design a webpage that looks EXACTLY like the GT Bank own and send it to ur email address, once u click it and put ur login details there, ur login details is saved to a notepad in his database, all he just has to do is take those details and login to the real GTB Internet banking platform and use ur money to play nairabet cheesy
I'm not a hacker, i have a degree in Information Technology tongue

P.S: THIS IS A WARNING TO EVERYONE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 4:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
EUGENE4GOO:
Please, who can tell me the best Zenith card for online transaction. Is it Prepaid Visa or Mastercard or Debit Visa or Mastercard. Which one are you using to buy things online. Can Zenith Debit card works in any site? I want to apply for one but I don't know which one to go for. Please I need your advice.

I believe @sinebaba would be able to help you with this. He is our Zenith Bank expert/ Consultant. Lol. But from his info on page 3, he uses Zenith Bank mastercard. And I'm guessing he would advice the same.

jerrygome:
GTB still 209.99 7789 on 31st March angry

Updated in first post
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jerrygome: 6:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
Stanley08:

I believe @sinebaba would be able to help you with this. He is our Zenith Bank expert/ Consultant. Lol. But from his info on page 3, he uses Zenith Bank mastercard. And I'm guessing he would advice the same.

Updated in first post

Thanks. This your work suppose get salary grin grin
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
jerrygome:

Lmao. Abi o? No worry i go email u my Ecobank, Diamond Bank and Stanbic account numbers. Anyone closest to you. Lol.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jerrygome: 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
Stanley08:
Lmao. Abi o? No worry i go email u my Ecobank, Diamond Bank and Stanbic account numbers. Anyone closest to you. Lol.

I live @ Eco Bank for reasons you already know grin They have the best exchange rate. Send that one tongue
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by ewizard1: 8:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
Who has used ACCESS Bank ! what's their recent rate?

GTB nko?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mjay(m): 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
ewizard1:
Who has used ACCESS Bank ! what's their recent rate?
GTB nko?

Access Bank March 30 $45.49 @ N9,057.06 =N199.1

Visacard on Ali Express.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by sinebaba(m): 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
I use master card and they charged me 215 yesterday but later they refound some money to my account when I calculated it they charged 199.80
jerrygome:

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
8h
kandrus:

It is inside job. I have never received any scam mail from stanbic for d past 8 years of using the account (current and savings) until i went to sell an iphone to a staff of stanbic. I told him to pay into my stanbic acct. He is d only one i av ever given my stanbic ibtc to pay into. That same day, I received a scam mail saying i added a beneficiary from union bank bla bla bla. Immediately saw it i knew it came from his side. Since then i av been getting mails saying i added beneficiary to stanbic
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by EUGENE4GOO(m): 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
sinebaba:
I used zenith bank master card via paypal on eBay I was charged 199.80 today
Bros, Please which of these Zenith card is the best for online transactions, Zenith Debit Visa card or Mastercard; Or Zenith prepaid Visa or Mastercard.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by sinebaba(m): 10:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
EUGENE4GOO:

Bros, Please which of these Zenith card is the best for online transactions, Zenith Debit Visa card or Mastercard; Or Zenith prepaid Visa or Mastercard.
i used zenith master card my account type is saving
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by EUGENE4GOO(m): 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
mjay:

Visacard on Ali Express.
You mean it. I am contemplating on going for Zenith Card
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 11:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
jerrygome:
I live @ Eco Bank for reasons you already know grin They have the best exchange rate. Send that one tongue

I have Quickteller to transfer to any other of my accounts wink

mjay:
Visacard on Ali Express.

It's like these Access Bank ppl are confused. 225 today, 215 tomorrow, 199 the next day. Updated first post tho...

EUGENE4GOO:
You mean it. I am contemplating on going for Zenith Card

Zenith or Stanbic. Even Diamond is kinda good. Stable is better than being all over the place.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Thespecialone(m): 3:32am On Apr 02, 2015
Stanley08:

I have Quickteller to transfer to any other of my accounts wink

It's like these Access Bank ppl are confused. 225 today, 215 tomorrow, 199 the next day. Updated first post tho...

Zenith or Stanbic. Even Diamond is kinda good. Stable is better than being all over the place.

Gtbank master card N209.99/$ April 2nd 2015
Received a call from stanbic lagos office thanking me for opening an account and blah blah blah blah
Yet to receive my account number though.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by kandrus: 4:22am On Apr 02, 2015
Firsbank
0.99$/209.11
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by kandrus: 6:58am On Apr 02, 2015
tumababa:
8h

It is inside job. I have never received any scam mail from stanbic for d past 8 years of using the account (current and savings) until i went to sell an iphone to a staff of stanbic. I told him to pay into my stanbic acct. He is d only one i av ever given my stanbic ibtc to pay into. That same day, I received a scam mail saying i added a beneficiary from union bank bla bla bla. Immediately saw it i knew it came from his side. Since then i av been getting mails saying i added beneficiary to stanbic
exactly.. Union bank beneficiary name okafor Peter , beneficiary number :4871099491. If it was in a proper setting
I would have pressed charges against the accounting officer that opened the account for me.but this is Nigeria,I will just use this only for
Online transactions no transfers.as a precautionary measure
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 02, 2015
kandrus:
exactly.. Union bank beneficiary name okafor Peter , beneficiary number :4871099491. If it was in a proper setting
I would have pressed charges against the accounting officer that opened the account for me.but this is Nigeria,I will just use this only for

thats d exact format and name.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:37am On Apr 02, 2015
kandrus:

Honestly, i don't think it's the banks staff. I think this ur action of letting ur email address out could have started it. But maybe the hacker has access to the list of emails associated with the bank, not the members of staff working with the hackers, I'll like to think that they are better than that. More like scammers than hackers tho. Because most of these are just 'tricks' really, no real hacking going on.

Thespecialone:
Gtbank master card N209.99/$ April 2nd 2015
Received a call from stanbic lagos office thanking me for opening an account and blah blah blah blah
Yet to receive my account number though.

Will update on first post, I got my account number after about 30 - 36 hrs. Tweeting at them on twitter is a quick way to get a response. works very well. Dats where they replied that their rate was 199.5 two days ago.

kandrus:
Firsbank
0.99$/209.11

209.11/0.99 = 211.2. I'm guessing it was an app u bought. Anyways u didn't state the date. Please share the date.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 9:55am On Apr 02, 2015
Gtb PayPal 209.99.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 10:16am On Apr 02, 2015
Jeffy1206:
Gtb PayPal 209.99.

U were paying for an item to a seller yes? Because i think it's only when u are sending money funded by a card (Not paypal balance) they charge. I'm tired of trying to figure out paypal. Ur bank rates should just sha be low. Afterall if dollar was 100 naira suddenly, who will worry about Bank rates?

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by kandrus: 10:35am On Apr 02, 2015
I bought an app for 0.99 on 1/4/2015 and was charged 209.11
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 10:36am On Apr 02, 2015
kandrus:
I bought an app for 0.99 on 1/4/2015 and was charged 209.11

Date updated.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tyconcepts(f): 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2015
tyconcepts:

Hear my story!!!

So I had cause to withdraw from the quoted transaction.

I was billed #184,008 ($816) at exchange rate #225.5 by Access bank on the 16th of March 2015.

I asked for a refund from the seller on the 18th of March 2015 for some reasons and the seller approved refund in full.

You need to see how messed up I looked and felt (I was 50 shades of crazy) when I got a credit of #162,384 from Access bank on the 20th of March 2015....As refund for the suppose #184,008 debit.

Question is, what happened to my #21,624.

Quickly I twitted at them on twitter (I choose that medium because severally times it has helped me resolve issues with banks faster)....And I got called from their contact center, I stated in details my complaint and they asked me to do a mail to them also stating for sure that the seller refunded in full.

I got across to the seller and had a confirmation message showing full refund which I forwarded to their mailbox.

Imagine the response from them ;

They charged me with exchange rate #225.5 but did the refund with exchange rate #199.

Access bank hasn't heard the last from me....My mind is set on getting my reversal in full and I know how to fight my battles. This won't be the first time.

Have taken the war public.....Twitter is my battle ground.

#SayNoToFraud.

Or is this not fraudulent??

Positive update on the quoted.

So I took up the advise of mavinC4u after my tweets, mails, calls couldn't yield positive results. He provided me with an email (CBN I suppose) to which I did a detailed mail to and copied Access bank....Lol and behold, my phone turned to customer care line as calls from Access bank ogas kept pouring in even though I didn't get a response from CBN.

I kept up the twitter fight too hashtagging #SayNoToFraud with some few twitter fighters and just now.....Hallelujah!!!

I got a credit alert of my full refund of #184,008 after a debit of the previous half refund of #162,384..

MavinC4u....I am most appreciative of you entirely. I will sure return the favour some day....Hold me to it kiss kiss

@All.....Thanks for your suggestions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by ndudichukwumah(m): 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
That how to deal withh this banks .. They are all thiefs.. I also get my issue resolve by sending mails and copy Cbn and Nigeria deposit insurance and get it resolve with immediate effect
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by ndudichukwumah(m): 4:48pm On Apr 02, 2015
That is how to deal with this banks .. They are all thief's.. I also get my issue resolve by sending mails and copy Cbn and Nigeria deposit insurance and get it resolve with immediate effect
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
tyconcepts:

Positive update on the quoted.

So I took up the advise of mavinC4u after my tweets, mails, calls couldn't yield positive results. He provided me with an email (CBN I suppose) to which I did a detailed mail to and copied Access bank....Lol and behold, my phone turned to customer care line as calls from Access bank ogas kept pouring in even though I didn't get a response from CBN.

I kept up the twitter fight too hashtagging #SayNoToFraud with some few twitter fighters and just now.....Hallelujah!!!

I got a credit alert of my full refund of #184,008 after a debit of the previous half refund of #162,384..

MavinC4u....I am most appreciative of you entirely. I will sure return the favour some day....Hold me to it kiss kiss

@All.....Thanks for your suggestions.

Okay now, they thought they have seen idiots they will just walk all over. No problem. Where is that CBN email address sef. I will add it to first post. How will almost 22K just go like that?! To everyone using Access Bank, just thank tyconcepts because she has fought for all of you. believe it or not.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 6:10pm On Apr 02, 2015
Someone sent by Stanbic just came to my house and gave me this. Apparently this is the last procedure before ur account is fully functional. When they told me Address Verification, i thought it was just BS just like what Access bank Ghana did. Those ones told me to draw a map sef and they never came.
StanbicIBTC got long procedure yo. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 6:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
The guy who opened for me told me so... That they wil come for verification but why is yours taking this long?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.