Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,194 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (139781 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tyconcepts(f): 6:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
Stanley08:

Okay now, they thought they have seen idiots they will just walk all over. No problem. Where is that CBN email address sef. I will add it to first post. How will almost 22K just go like that?! To everyone using Access Bank, just thank tyconcepts because she has fought for all of you. believe it or not.

Wasn't easy bro....If not for forums like this, that's how the money would have fizzle into thin air without any explanation.

God Bless Nairaland

God Bless This thread

God Bless CBN

Below are SS of mail exchange and resolve.....REMOVED

*******MODIFIED*******
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2015
tyconcepts:

Wasn't easy bro....If not for forums like this, that's how the money would have fizzle into thin air without any explanation.

God Bless Nairaland

God Bless This thread

God Bless CBN

Below are SS of mail exchange and resolve.

Note : I didn't see the need to blot out any info.....This rather be bare....Ignore my account number except you are paying in 7figures and only contact me after you must have paid in wink

At least this thread has liberated one person and dats just the beginning i believe. Please oh remove screenshots or sensor all the important info like email addresses and even ur name because some people on nairaland, scam for a living. Regardless i think Rukevwe is an interesting name, just so fun to say. no idea what it means tho. tongue
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tyconcepts(f): 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2015
Stanley08:

At least this thread has liberated one person and dats just the beginning i believe. Please oh remove screenshots or sensor all the important info like email addresses and even ur name because some people on nairaland, scam for a living. Regardless i think Rukevwe is an interesting name, just so fun to say. no idea what it means tho. tongue

Rukevwe (Urhobo) = Funmi (Yoruba)..... Am an half caste wink

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
We are hoping for an improvement in the rates these coming days
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/naira-gains-7-now-211-to-dollar/

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
tyconcepts:

Rukevwe (Urhobo) = Funmi (Yoruba)..... Am an half caste wink

Lol. Me sef, my Father is from Abia North, my mother is from Abia South. I am also half caste. tongue

frebor:
We are hoping for an improvement in the rates these coming days
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/naira-gains-7-now-211-to-dollar/

Wait oh. I don't understand sha. Wasn't it 199 before? Regardless, if you say this is good news then I'm glad. lol.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 11:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
I have been monitoring the naira dollar since and today lo and behold it improved today... Maybe we are on our way to #1 $1 cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 11:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
Jeffy1206:
I have been monitoring the naira dollar since and today lo and behold it improved today... Maybe we are on our way to #1 $1 cheesy grin

Anybody else did transactions today? What rate?

tyconcepts:

And btw @tyconcepts i believe one of the reasons, if not the main reason Access Bank's rate dropped to 199.1 is because of the headache you gave them. So dat now they can charge people at 199.1 and refund at 199.0 without anyone making too much noise about it. Even CBN won't hammer them for that. And maybe even have a better excuse for refunding people dat have already paid at a higher rate with 199. These banks tho!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Thespecialone(m): 1:57am On Apr 03, 2015
Gtbank master card
N206.99
April 3rd 2015

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by koredex4love(m): 3:56am On Apr 03, 2015
Thespecialone:
Gtbank master card
N206.99
April 3rd 2015

so why are abokis selling at a lesser price?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 4:36am On Apr 03, 2015
Thespecialone:
Gtbank master card
N206.99
April 3rd 2015
Nice! GTB Rate has been affected. Stable for a while now... Updated first post.

koredex4love:

so why are abokis selling at a lesser price?

Lol. i wanted to ask if Northerners was supposed to be code for 'a b o k i', then i saw the nairaland autocorrect or should i say 'anti-insult technology' corrects it. How much are they selling? i thought they selling at 211? Did u buy any dollar from them?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by koredex4love(m): 5:02am On Apr 03, 2015
Stanley08:

Nice! GTB Rate has been affected. Stable for a while now... Updated first post.

Lol. i wanted to ask if Northerners was supposed to be code for 'a b o k i', then i saw the nairaland autocorrect or should i say 'anti-insult technology' corrects it. How much are they selling? i thought they selling at 211? Did u buy any dollar from them?

Banks won't nor buy dollars from you except you are travelling then dey can sell to you wi proove of travelling documents.on a b o k i auto correct na so i dey see am after post oo grin
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 5:09am On Apr 03, 2015
koredex4love:
Banks won't nor buy dollars from you except you are travelling then dey can sell to you wi proove of travelling documents.on a b o k i auto correct na so i dey see am after post oo grin

Lol. I guess Seun thinks it's an insult.

Anyways, I can confirm the Ecobank is still 235.69 and that Diamond Bank is still 204.07. Rounded off to 1 decimal place in first post, dates updated.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by koredex4love(m): 5:14am On Apr 03, 2015
Stanley08:

Lol. I guess Seun thinks it's an insult.

Anyways, I can confirm the Ecobank is still 235.69 and that Diamond Bank is still 204.07. Rounded off to 1 decimal place in first post, dates updated.

you mea as at today?why is a b o k i s now buying and selling at a ridiculous price,i just want an expert analysis and advice.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 6:02am On Apr 03, 2015
koredex4love:
you mea as at today?why is a b o k i s now buying and selling at a ridiculous price,i just want an expert analysis and advice.

Yep, just made some transactions. Nothing major tho.
Because it's a business and they have to gain. Nobody is in business to lose.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 3:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
Stanley08:

Wait oh. I don't understand sha. Wasn't it 199 before? Regardless, if you say this is good news then I'm glad. lol.

That link sef na news on the surface jare. I checked too and the official interbank rate has not moved an inch from 199.05 for some days now.

This article captures the real situation: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-02/buhari-bounce-eluding-nigeria-s-naira-raises-devaluation-threat

BTW, I was charged N208 using Access bank on PayPal today. I was hoping on that post that said Access rates was $199, turns out GTbank is even cheaper at the reported N206.

Any idea what Diamond is charging presently?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 4:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
frebor:

That link sef na news on the surface jare. I checked too and the official interbank rate has not moved an inch from 199.05 for some days now.

This article captures the real situation: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-02/buhari-bounce-eluding-nigeria-s-naira-raises-devaluation-threat

BTW, I was charged N208 using Access bank on PayPal today. I was hoping on that post that said Access rates was $199, turns out GTbank is even cheaper at the reported N206.

Any idea what Diamond is charging presently?

Diamond bank this morning at 6am - 204.07
Ecobank at same time - 235.69

Someone said 206.9 for GT. Which is 207.

Updating ur Access Bank rate. Those ones are all over the place!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 4:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Anyone else have info on other banks? This thread runs on info. Thank you to all the contributors wink

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gtbank
Aliexpress
N207.44
April 3 8:00pm
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
frebor:
Gtbank
Aliexpress
N207.44
April 3 8:00pm

I did suspect that new bank rates don't come into effect as early as midnight time.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by solaceTK(m): 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
Access bank
Paypal via EBay
4/4/2015
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by EUGENE4GOO(m): 6:53pm On Apr 04, 2015
Who has used zenith card to make purchase today? How much did they charge you. I'm thinking of getting their card. I am tired of using UBA Africard. Their charges are high.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 6:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
solaceTK:
Access bank
Paypal via EBay
4/4/2015

Updated in first post
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2015
EUGENE4GOO:
Who has used zenith card to make purchase today? How much did they charge you. I'm thinking of getting their card. I am tired of using UBA Africard. Their charges are high.
I am also waiting for this information on zenith bank.....
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by wisehouse(m): 8:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
i learnt somewhere online that one can you use his/saving account for wire transfer. through some few banks, pls have anyone tried it
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by guente02(m): 11:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
Mizzzbeee:

EUGENE4GOO:

Ah ah someone among should just take the plunge na.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by guente02(m): 11:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
Can someone explain this?

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 12:04am On Apr 05, 2015
wisehouse:
i learnt somewhere online that one can you use his/saving account for wire transfer. through some few banks, pls have anyone tried it
Internet banking?

Mizzzbeee:
I thought @sinebaba answered all the Zenith Bank queries?

guente02:
Lol. It's shipping cost. You've not seen DHL shipping of $110 for a $1 item on Aliexpress?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 12:43am On Apr 05, 2015
guente02:

Amazon supports Global shipping on some select items. You filtered the results to show those external drives, which are eligible to ship directly to Nigeria.

Your final checkout amount will include the quoted price, sales tax, and the cost of shipping. Note that you'll also get to pay custom duties once it arrives in Nigeria.

Stanley08:

Lol. It's shipping cost. You've not seen DHL shipping of $110 for a $1 item on Aliexpress?

The price on the page is the item price, his shipping price will only be shown when he is about to check out having selected his prefered shipping option, which usually is Amazon global priority shipping (2-7days)

Amazon will only charge standard freight costs not the ridiculous prices sellers on Aliexpress fix.

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 6:48am On Apr 05, 2015
frebor:
The price on the page is the item price, his shipping price will only be shown when he is about to check out having selected his prefered shipping option, which usually is Amazon global priority shipping (2-7days)

Amazon will only charge standard freight costs not the ridiculous prices sellers on Aliexpress fix.

Well, still too much. If it's $85, $10 is the max i can pay. Lol.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by EUGENE4GOO(m): 7:12am On Apr 05, 2015
This is reply I from StanbicIBTC Twitter page for their charges.

@Eugene4success
@StanbicIBTC How much do you charge per Dollar using
Visa Debit card or Master Debit card?
04:42 PM - 03 Apr 15
Stanbic IBTC @StanbicIBTC
Hello @Eugene4success N199.50 per dollar. Thank you.
10:52 AM - 04 Apr 15
------------------------
Keep the conversation going:
Reply to @StanbicIBTC
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:30am On Apr 05, 2015
EUGENE4GOO saw it lol.
But what interested me more is their Naira to Euro rate. I've tweeted at them asking for their naira to pound rate, hope they reply soon.

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 8:40am On Apr 05, 2015
Mhen! StanbicIBTC is Awesome, i have officially ported to StanbicIBTC. Final!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.