Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,192 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega (53268 Views)

Buhari Swears-in New INEC Commissioners (photos) / NNPC: Buhari Set To Replace Kachikwu, Shortlists Three Northerners - Daily Post / FG Makes List Of Four INEC Commissioners That Will Succeed Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by anwo247: 9:05am On Mar 01, 2015
So glad Jona is the C-in-C

3 Likes

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by realGURU(m): 9:06am On Mar 01, 2015
I know gej acount on nairaland
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by realGURU(m): 9:07am On Mar 01, 2015
Gej is a virus that penetrated and destroy the immunity of every sector of the nigerian govt , it can no longer tackle infections like insecurity, unemployment, lack o f electricity etc. An anti virus that been tested, proven, and trusted in the late 80s ,90s and still active today has been remembered and it will be auction on 28th of next month there4 use ur PVC smartly to purchase, store it and use untill all the infection unleashed by gej is treated and no new cases reported. ...

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by toyoutoyou: 9:07am On Mar 01, 2015
U dey mind the foolish guy whose brain is malfunctioning?
Vanpascore:

wise up, same way he said he would not contest in 2015. No be Jona??

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by AIZubair(m): 9:11am On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:
I created a thread yesterday based on discussion I head with prominent man ((name withheld) in Kebbi State. https://www.nairaland.com/2171244/pressure-jonathan-sack-inec-chairman

We are ready for Jonathan. Go ahead and push Jega out illegally and see what happens. Abacha and Babangida tried it but they failed. Jonathan will definitely fail. If you can win an election, you change the umpire. Jega has done nothing wrong.
You're a sincere Nigerian bro. I hail. God bless you

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Mayorblaze: 9:11am On Mar 01, 2015
Vanpascore:

wise up, same way he said he would not contest in 2015. No be Jona??

post the picture of the newspaper where he said that or the link of a reliable newspaper(not Sahara and leadership)... Or iont believe in that cheap propaganda

2 Likes

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by personal59: 9:13am On Mar 01, 2015
anwo247:

You are the one full of sentiment because you believe that 4 years is enough for Jonathan to solve problems that have been there for over 50 years. For example, that some joined the army with WASC while Buhari joined army with AWaiting Result indicates a deep rooted corruption favouring the North from ages. Jonathan can't solve that overnight. OBJ was 8 years president and spent the highest money on power yet no light. Jonathan has been the most performing president among all of them. He needs to consolidate his successes but you all want to impose a semi literate BUHARI who claim to be honest but lied under oath on us.

I will not vote for Buhari until he is able to correctly pronounce 'psycology' grin

My dear at least peoples opinion shouldn't be your headache cos I never mention ur name nor quote ur message to giv my opinion so y are u putting urself on d run when no one is running after u av given out my own opinion is for u to tk or lev. Just hear urself out until he pronounce 'psycology' my grand ma did nt atten any school whatsoever nd d manner she behave, the way she talk nd give advice, the way she do compose herself nd correct we d children shows that education in terms of going to school is not what we need moreover to my best of understanding education is all about knowing little about all and all about little so y do we av to kill our self just because of someone's tone my dear sincerely u also need EDUCATION

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by toyoutoyou: 9:15am On Mar 01, 2015
His mom will never be ashamed of him because his mom herself failed to raise him in a reasonable manner.They are all set of shameless people.
Toofan007:
Even your mom would be ashamed of what you have posted.

2 Likes

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Mayorblaze: 9:16am On Mar 01, 2015
creserve:

Can you trust the President?

What has happened to benefits of doubt?

*toyoutoyou... Never you call me a f00l again... Iont joke with abuses...
Can't u be reasonable like the guy i just quote... Don't let me ask you to post what u just said bout me to ur popsy

besides 1diots is sensored.. Seun will never cease to amaze me
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by redcliff: 9:17am On Mar 01, 2015
Mayorblaze:
Where is severus snape?

Modified

Jonathan has said he won't sack jega yet some illiterate apc janjaw33d above and below me would still believe some irrelevant politicians who just want to say something...

Take the president for his word now...

People who can't trust themselves will never learn to trust others...

Stop being a fool.. wakeup! And smell the coffee
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by GentleToks(m): 9:21am On Mar 01, 2015
Ngwakwe:
Prof Jega had four years to prepare for this election but wasted it.

He had planned to rig not only the election but also 2016 census in favour of North-East and North-west by allocating unimaginable extra polling units to the zone until he was forcefully stopped by the Senate from applying his option A.

Then Jega decided to use inequitable distribution of PVC as option B to rig the election where he allow proxies to collect and distribute in the North while dumping that of the South in various INEC offices across the regions with a stringent set of rules.

To make the matter worst Prof Jega wants to use the loophole in our constitution and electoral law known as substantial compliance to legally deny millions of voters across South their PVC in order to reduce their regional voting power and population estimate

Jega has contributed negatively to fall in Naira against the dollar by repeated lying on the fathom readiness of INEC before 14th Feb, 2014.

Who is this for God sake?
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Dovy: 9:21am On Mar 01, 2015
ella1000:
G00gle pay 85$ per hour my last pay check was about 8 gran working 100 hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12gran for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do
www.jobspase.com
@ella can i have ur contact, i need 2 be clarify on this issue
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Mayorblaze: 9:24am On Mar 01, 2015
redcliff:

Stop being a fool.. wakeup! And smell the coffee

redcliff... You don't have to behave live an yaba left patient before you can speak your mind.. Why resorting to abusive words

believe me this election will go but both of us will still remain.... So please don't do that again

if you disagree with my opinion there are better ways to point them out
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Popemax(m): 9:28am On Mar 01, 2015
tboy11:

No one is saying buhari will turn Nigeria around overnight. GEJ has done it for six years no result. Even if buhari will be worse than GEj ..let us give him a try
4yrs...can one start magic immediately in power plz allow d young lad finish his tenure...don't know what's paining you on this...meanwhile Jega must go

3 Likes

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by April4th(m): 9:28am On Mar 01, 2015
berem:
These riggers are hell bent on removing Jega from office.
What is Jonathan actually scared of?

Why is d opposition scared of Jega's removal? Do you people have any agreement with him to rig d election in ur favor?

2 Likes

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Rostel2: 9:33am On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:
I created a thread yesterday based on discussion I head with prominent man ((name withheld) in Kebbi State. https://www.nairaland.com/2171244/pressure-jonathan-sack-inec-chairman

We are ready for Jonathan. Go ahead and push Jega out illegally and see what happens. Abacha and Babangida tried it but they failed. Jonathan will definitely fail. If you can win an election, you change the umpire. Jega has done nothing wrong.
Nothing will happen.

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Caseless: 9:34am On Mar 01, 2015
Mayorblaze:
Where is severusSnape?

Modified

Jonathan has said he won't sack jega yet some illiterate apc janjaw33d above and below me would still believe some irrelevant politicians who just want to ssomething...

Take the president for his word now...

People who can't trust themselves will never learn to trust others...
i haven't seen that guy for some days. Is he sick or something?
@your post. Do u think we'll b that stuupid to believe whatever gej says? He's not a man of his words.
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Spray(m): 9:34am On Mar 01, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Noise maker.

If Maurice Iwu was asked to embark on terminal leave and he went without anybody raising a voice, why should Jega's case be different?

Is he untouchable?

By the way, payless I never knew you had been deported from your mechanic garage in NC to a cattle farm in Kebbi
jega is not going anywhere he will stay and conduct free and fair election, like the way he did back in 2011, if possible, he can even stay put in his contract
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by sheymoni(m): 9:37am On Mar 01, 2015
Vicotex:
What is madness?

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will automatically turn you to a Mark Zuckerberg

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will automatically give you 24/7 hour electricity (Let there be light, and there was light) grin

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will land you a job in Shell

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will eradicate your personal & family problems.

Madness is when you think voting a Buhari will automatically land GOODLUCK & FAYOSE in Kirikiri, while TINUBU & AMAECHI moves freely from Lagos to Bayelsa, Abuja to Delta. cheesy

What is madness?

Madness is YOU, if you've ever assume any of the above will come to pass

Voting PDP and thinking they will give us power is original madness
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by incrediblestev: 9:37am On Mar 01, 2015
Interesting Legal perspective from Aloy Ejimako:

Section 27(2)(h) of the Electoral Act, the result of the Presidential election is to be announced by the ‘Chief Electoral Commissioner’. Under Section 156, the Chairman is identified specifically as the Chief Electoral
Commissioner.

However, under Section 152, the Commission is
empowered to delegate any of its functions to any
of the National Commissioners. In my considered
view, the operative phrase – ‘any of its functions’,
includes conducting the presidential election and
the announcement of result thereof.

Therefore, other than Jega, any of the 12 national
commissioners can, under the discretionary
delegation of the Commission, act as the Chief
Electoral Commissioner, in the interim, for the
specific purpose of announcing the said result.
Second, Section 159(4) of the Constitution, which
is also pertinent, provides that “Subject to its rules
of procedure, any such body may act or take part
in any decision notwithstanding any vacancy in its
membership or the absence of any member”.

Without doubt, ‘such body’ as stated here includes
INEC, as enumerated under Section 153 of the
Constitution. ‘Any vacancy’ can mean anything
from terminal leave, removal or suspension from
office, death, etc. And ‘any decision’ includes
conducting elections (presidential, etc.) and
announcement of the results (the core functions of
the Commission). Third, Section 161(c) of the
Conshall be construed as including a reference to
the Chairman of that body”.

I believe that you can (interpretatively) expand this
provision to read that ‘a reference to the Chairman
shall be construed as a reference to a member who
happens to be the Chairman’, including a member
‘acting’ as Chairman, either as a result of a
foreseeable vacancy, delegation, or worse.
Further, keep in mind that the Attorney-General of
the Federation had, in a related legal opinion
(requested by Jega), stated that all the 12
Commissioners, including Jega, are constitutional
equals; and that Jega is thus not a CEO but merely
a primus inter pares (first among equals).

Fourth, Section 159(3) of the Constitution says that
“Whenever such body is assembled for a meeting,
the Chairman or other person presiding shall, in all
matters in which a decision is taken by vote (by
whatever name such vote may be called) have a
casting as well as a deliberative vote”.
In my view, the phrase ‘other person presiding’
bears a constitutional recognition that the Chairman
may not always be available … for whatever reason,
including terminal leave, expiration of tenure, or
even by an act of force majeur; and the
Commission’s ‘decision’ can be on any matter
within the purview of the Commission’s core
functions, including most notably, conducting
elections and announcing their results.

Finally, let me conclude by adding this caveat: the
Chairmanship of INEC should not be personalized
to the point of the apprehension that elections will
be adversely affected by any sudden vacancy in
that office. Let it be clear that, in addition to this
much feared terminal leave, vacancy can also
suddenly occur from physical/mental incapacity,
removal from office, resignation or even death.
Plus, we have till 29th April to hold these elections
– a time span that is more than sufficient to
appoint and confirm another substantive Chairman.

So, with all the forgoing considered, the material
questions to ask are these: what if we are here
dealing with another garden-variety vacancy, not
occasioned by ‘terminal leave’, but by any of the
other events aforementioned? In such other likely
scenarios, will it still make sense to postulate that
the validity or credibility of the ensuing elections
will thereby be adversely affected?
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by toyoutoyou: 9:39am On Mar 01, 2015
I didn't quote u,but I only advised the guy that quoted u to focus on somethg better in order not to have his time wasted on irrelevant comments.
Mayorblaze:

What has happened to benefits of doubt?

*toyoutoyou... Never you call me a f00l again... Iont joke with abuses...
Can't u be reasonable like the guy i just quote... Don't let me ask you to post what u just said bout me to ur popsy

besides 1diots is sensored.. Seun will never cease to amaze me

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Spray(m): 9:40am On Mar 01, 2015
Vicotex:
What is madness?

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will automatically turn you to a Mark Zuckerberg

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will automatically give you 24/7 hour electricity (Let there be light, and there was light) grin

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will land you a job in Shell

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will eradicate your personal & family problems.

Madness is when you think voting a Buhari will automatically land GOODLUCK & FAYOSE in Kirikiri, while TINUBU & AMAECHI moves freely from Lagos to Bayelsa, Abuja to Delta. cheesy

What is madness?

Madness is YOU, if you've ever assume any of the above will come to pass
u got it all wrong, thats not the real difinitn of madnes, what was ur cgp in your school days? 1.05 i guess:-P
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by rman: 9:42am On Mar 01, 2015
Ngwakwe:

He had planned to rig not only the election but also 2016 census in favour of North-East and North-west by allocating unimaginable extra polling units to the zone until he was forcefully stopped by the Senate from applying his option A.

Then Jega decided to use inequitable distribution of PVC as option B to rig the election where he allow proxies to collect and distribute in the North while dumping that of the South in various INEC offices across the regions with a stringent set of rules.

To make the matter worst Prof Jega wants to use the loophole in our constitution and electoral law known as substantial compliance to legally deny millions of voters across South their PVC in order to reduce their regional voting power and population estimate

Jega has contributed negatively to fall in Naira against the dollar by repeated lying on the fathom readiness of INEC before 14th Feb, 2014.

The average Nigerian is dumb, otherwise, no one should sit in front of a PC and type the post above. In fact, the bolded part can only come from someone so sentimental and naive.

JEGA contributed to fall of naira against the dollar. Is he the finance minister or CBN governor?

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by MaziOmenuko: 9:45am On Mar 01, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Seriously, I thought you were wiser than this.

So disappointed, but what else does one expect from those that support this present administration.
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 9:46am On Mar 01, 2015
toyoutoyou:
Let him go ahead with his plans,we are preparing for the good for nothing thief who has no dignity and integrity.
guy have u ever heard of unknown soldier? if u haven't ask fela....

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by jfkenny(m): 9:49am On Mar 01, 2015
ella1000:
G00gle pay 85$ per hour my last pay check was about 8 gran working 100 hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12gran for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do
www.jobspase.com
Scammed
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by tuniski: 9:54am On Mar 01, 2015
ziccoit:

I've been saying it repeatedly, GEJ is a goner with anti-rigging measures put in place by Jega led commission. Nigerians seem not to aware that PDP has been winning presidential elections since 1999 by engaging in heavy rigging. It is not going to be business as usual under Jega . Why do you think it is presidency who is fighting the plan use of card reader by the inec? They understands what that potend.
I just hope when Jega announces GEJ as the winner, ApC and Buhari will accept the result and clap for him. Cos this faith in Jega must be carried to the end not only when they like! GEJ till 2019 to be declared by prof jega datz all!
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 01, 2015
Okoro2015:

Mere rantings. Don't allow yourself to be used to test-run the new fire-wares from Russia.
How many people will he kill...
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Vanpascore(m): 9:55am On Mar 01, 2015
Mayorblaze:

post the picture of the newspaper where he said that or the link of a reliable newspaper(not Sahara and leadership)... Or iont believe in that cheap propaganda

www.nairaland.com/1562323/ill-not-contest-2015-election
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by nex(m): 9:59am On Mar 01, 2015
This Government has failed in so many ways that I have already concluded that it must fail in the elections too. It has to fail. It is their culture. Whichever way they choose to achieve this failure is not my business, all I know is that failure is their trademark, and it should always be expected from them.

Ultimately, GEJ will be gone from Aso Rock by May 29th. He has promised it himself, that on that day, there will be a handover. This country can take no more of this form of complacent failure and corruption.
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:59am On Mar 01, 2015
Spray:

jega is not going anywhere he will stay and conduct free and fair election, like the way he did back in 2011, if possible, he can even stay put in his contract

Same way you lit threatened thunder and brimstone should the elections be postponed. Elections have been postponed and we are still waiting for Amaechi to lead you lot in protest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Blasts Party Leaders Over Loss To PDP / Seven Killed, Many Injured As NURTW Leadership Crisis Turns Bloody / Dino Melaye’s Recall: Faleke Mocks Gov Bello Over ‘failed’ Verification Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.