Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:34 AM

FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega (53581 Views)

Buhari Swears-in New INEC Commissioners (photos) / NNPC: Buhari Set To Replace Kachikwu, Shortlists Three Northerners - Daily Post / FG Makes List Of Four INEC Commissioners That Will Succeed Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by symbianDON(m): 2:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
Mayorblaze:

oh no... Is severus now lord voltmort
lolzzzzzzz grin na the same boat carry the two of them
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnsonjosbles:
RED ALERT: For who ever cares to know. Gej is prepering for full scale war against Nigeria state if he looses Re-election. Even if he wins, its just to buy enof time to prepare fully for war. His major plan is suceession and carve out some region from Nigeria. Now the concern is this. Unsuspecting nigerians will be caught unawere, and this may eventualy result to genocide. Don't take this for a child's play. If u need source of this info. Call 08132270185

Jobless Johnson when you go gree get sense? Oya gerrout with your theories

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:
[s][/s]

When did you get freedom from your chemist apprenticeship? You should focus more on satisfying your boss at Idumota by selling more Panadol extra and biscuit than spending time on nairaland.
I thought u were a pdp menber b4, when did u decamped and whot happened??
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
IsaAbubakaAzeez:

Thunder scatter your mama head there

Thunder strikes your mother and father. May trailer kills you and every of you siblings. Oloribuku omo osi. Oni kuure.
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by IsaAbubakaAzeez: 3:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Thunder strikes your mother and father. May trailer kills you and every of you siblings. Oloribuku omo osi. Oni kuure.

Na iya dukan iyali mutu ta hanyar bam Insha'Allah M dan wata karuwa

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till 2019
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by rman: 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Mr man, the uncertainty in today's market was created by Jega when he laid all blames on security forces and by extension the government for the shift in date of the election instead of accepting partial responsibility if not total.

Really?

I now agree with a few posters that claim you can't be intelligent and honest and continue to support PDP. It is very a difficult thing to do but you sure are doing just fine doing that.
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
IsaAbubakaAzeez:

Na iya dukan iyali mutu ta hanyar bam Insha'Allah M dan wata karuwa

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till 2019

Ofo loma se tebi tara ninu odun yi. Ase!
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by extension: 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
Falana and Ubani ,Is not illegal when Iwu was fired midway. It is now illegal when Jega is going for his annual leave.
Happy for him,atleast made some coins b/w 30 to 40 billion naira.
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by frainc(m): 4:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
idee91:
PDP government wants to cause war in this country.
Why won't they want this election to be conducted by jega freely.

Abi during a football match can a referee be substituted ?
War for jega to go on termina leave?

You school at all?

2 Likes

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by xcolanto(m): 4:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
stardragon:

Fake account from a demented hay fee cee supporter.

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by IsaAbubakaAzeez: 5:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Ofo loma se tebi tara ninu odun yi. Ase!

Kai ne mai dan wata karuwa

Die die die
Insha'Allah
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by maskid(m): 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Keep yapping like a pig. idi.ot.

Shhhhh mugu.. He is right. If they leave u wat will u do. Run into aso rock with a cutlass??

If u hav nothin reasonable to say just zip it!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by bigazu(m): 5:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
ayokellany:
one would be amazed how foolishly some of this Igbos reason esp when defending Jonathan stupidity

Is dis how much u hate ibos, d brother is just stating d truth, d way he sees it. Am very sure jega and apc hv a lot of SAN's dat will fight for him if he eventually goes on leave. In developed countries if one doesn't go on leave then something is wrong with that person, jega shd go and rest. No ministry or parastatal shd be built round one man. Der are other competent nigerians dat can equally do the job.
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by marv1: 7:36pm On Mar 01, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Noise maker.

If Maurice Iwu was asked to embark on terminal leave and he went without anybody raising a voice, why should Jega's case be different?

Is he untouchable?

By the way, payless I never knew you had been deported from your mechanic garage in NC to a cattle farm in Kebbi
see your head Olodo... Talking rubish.
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
marv1:
see your head Olodo... Talking rubish.

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by DoctorStephen(m): 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
berem:
These riggers are hell bent on removing Jega from office.
What is Jonathan actually scared of?
The same thing APC is scared of, I guess.

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Stoical: 9:35pm On Mar 01, 2015
idee91:
PDP government wants to cause war in this country.
Why won't they want this election to be conducted by jega freely.

Abi during a football match can a referee be substituted ?

My Bro/Sis, I wish I will make a little sense without you crucifying me here. Yes, I may have a soft spot for GEJ govt, and I have my reasons. But, let me attempt to address your fears and questions.
1- I don't know if PDP is trying to cause war, because I am wondering who the warring factions would be(will you be among?).
2- Well, I also have the same question, as per why is Jega so much in the fray. Is he compromised? Is he a threat to PDP, if yes, How? If he is the non-partisan Jega that I often admire. Then, I believe the right thing and action will prevail.
3- Yes o! A referee has been substituted before in a football match, I believe just last year(you may visit google for assistance).

Finally, the able SAN Falana should state clearly what Section 158(1) says as he is well placed to interpret the law and not to quote it vaguely. And YES the President can attempt to remove Jega, with two third confirmation of the HOA.
Finally, I don't know why Jega has suddenly become a focal point of protagonist or antagonist, but I believe one thing, that the strides he has made will be bettered this coming elections, with or without him.
Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by babestella: 10:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
APC be like " haaaa, "Jega is about to chop our money" haaaaaaa. "PDP wants Jega to chop our money shà".

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by babestella: 10:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
stardragon:

Oyinbo grin
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by faladeSM1132(m): 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:
[b]"Alleged terminal leave, illegal —Falana, Ubani

In their separate reactions, rights lawyers, including Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), insisted that President Goodluck Jonathan lacked the power to either sack Jega, or send him on a terminal leave. A former chairman of the Nigerian Bar Association, Mr. Monday Ubani, and Mr. Malachy Ugwummadu, also spoke to SUNDAY PUNCH in separate interviews.

They cited provisions of Section 158 of the constitution as providing that the INEC Chairman could only be sacked with the approval of two-third majority of the members of the Senate.

Falana also explained that Section 155 of the constitution conferred independence on the INEC chairman with immunity from any directive or influence from any person or authority.

The senior advocate said, “At his last presidential chat, the president gave the erroneous impression that he could hire and fire the chairman of INEC. With profound respect, that is not correct.

“By virtue of Section 155 of the constitution, the INEC chairman has a renewable five-year tenure. The appointment and removal has to be by the resolution of no less than a two-third majority of the Senate.

“Before the resolution is passed, the President will need to address the Senate and justify the reasons on the need to remove the INEC chairman on account of his inability to discharge his duties.

“On the issue of sending Jega on terminal leave, the President has no power to do that because once appointed, the INEC chairman is not subject to the control or directive of any power or authority by virtue of Section 158 of the constitution.”

On his part, Ugwummadu, said beyond the constitutional provisions conferring immunity against undue influence on the INEC chairman, Nigerians were paying close attention to any plot to remove the INEC boss.

He said, “The idea of sacking Prof. Attahiru Jega has been making the rounds and should be watched carefully just as we have remained circumspect regarding the further shift of the elections.”

Ubani threatened to personally lead a “nationwide crusade” against the President should there be any attempt by his administration to remove Jega, having earlier publicly promised that he (President Jonathan) had no such intention."
[/b]

Because Jonathan got away with illegality he did with Sanusi, he now thinks he can get away with this. The courts are there to settle this.
pls tell me who appoint Jega?
then why can't you reason first before making any comment here
it is Jonathan that brought Jega not any body and he have every power to remove him any time he like

can Femi FALANA face Obasanjo on M.IWU during their time in power?

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by KLand(m): 7:06am On Mar 02, 2015
GEJ knows what he is doing. No one plays the game in a way that will not favour him. But I don't want Jega to go except he has been compromised. Let him see out his tenure.
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by SeverusSnape(m): 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2015
Caseless:
i haven't seen that guy for some days. Is he sick or something?
@your post. Do u think we'll b that stuupid to believe whatever gej says? He's not a man of his words.
My boss, I gallant like gala. cheesy
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Caseless: 10:24pm On Mar 03, 2015
SeverusSnape:

My boss, I gallant like gala. cheesy
grin Laff at 'gallant like gala'.
Gud to know u ar ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Survivors Of Yelwa-Zangam, Jos Attack Recount Their Ordeals / Mark Okoye And Wife, Phillipa Mark-Okoye Vacation Pictures / MC Oluomo, Lagos NURTW Break Away From National Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.