Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:42 AM

Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. (57453 Views)

Afam Nduaguba Made It At Havard University, Graduates As Stellar Student / Obama Recognises, Commends 19-year-old Nigerian Harvard Finalist / Obama Recognises, Commends 19-year-old Nigerian Harvard Finalist [see Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by XBLadez: 11:49am On Mar 01, 2015
GogetterMD:

Your parents. I mentioned it, so
You know, animals like u should always be caged so they don't mistake u for a normal being. Ur mom's abortion pill failed, otherwise u'd be as dead as ur boko haram members by now. Sonofabitch!

3 Likes

Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by Takim107(f): 11:50am On Mar 01, 2015
Obama I dey study microbiology I sabi the thing wella. .see me for your back abeg turn. I dey carry hand up
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by emeka2847: 11:50am On Mar 01, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:
Congratulations sweetheart.

Yorubas always giving Nigerians good name internationally. cool
Wetin bring tribe now?
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by Saheed69(m): 11:51am On Mar 01, 2015
personal59:

Mr sincerely u are hungry go an read ur history very well especially at what age did the prophet had sexual intercourse with her if truly u want to know not coming here to say what u av no knowledge of and also what is the level of maturity of aisha in terms of body and co nd what islam says on marriage am not her to convince u but give u insight on what to mk research on

Please just leave dis guy (0remussanctus),the guy doesn't have any knowledge about d religion. please ignore him.

Salam bro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by fxskye: 11:51am On Mar 01, 2015
emeka2847:

Wetin bring religion now?

Because if she had done otherwise, her religion would be d 1st to suffer for it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by Zeus777: 11:51am On Mar 01, 2015
chrisbaba1:
For the tribalist, id say there you go, an hausa making waves.....

I STILL CANNOT GET OVER THE STATEMENT MADE BY ONE IGBO guy on this forum that said "Abokis are meant to guard my gate and shine my shoes....." It just hurts to see hear people talk like that about others.......

Anyway, bigups to the awesome lady.....
she is of yoruba heritage not Hausa .(doesn't matter tho , d main thin is she has a nigerian blood in her) Check her family youtube videos

2 Likes

Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by anwo247: 11:51am On Mar 01, 2015
Congrats dear.

#YesWeCan
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by toyoutoyou: 11:52am On Mar 01, 2015
wWhat do u expect from a boy whose parents failed to raise him in a manner that will bring development to the society.Don't blame him,because his parents failed to train him in a civiliized manner.They are all over here on Nairaland.
bcity:

jeleosy she is d winner n u r a losser

1 Like

Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by harry509: 11:53am On Mar 01, 2015
Adehwale:
dats gudnews I like dat. We av alott of tenage nigerian's ncludn me here 2, who can do dat, bt dure 2 high of level of corruption n dis country cudnt alow us. Nt until dis unscrupolus govt we av vanish 4rm dis country. Nigeria wil b a better place soon. Vote sai-buhari. God bless nigeria.
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by Takim107(f): 11:54am On Mar 01, 2015
Obama see me o..I dey study microbiology. ..I sabi am wella abeg turn back I dey carry my hand up. ..I wear short skirt with a sexy top pink to be specific.
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by Shimao(m): 11:54am On Mar 01, 2015
She is Yoruba and speaks Yoruba.
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by fxskye: 11:55am On Mar 01, 2015
emeka2847:
Wetin bring tribe now?

Because if she had done otherwise, her tribe be d 2nd to suffer for it.
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by harry509: 11:55am On Mar 01, 2015
Adehwale:
Nigerian genius, Saheela Ibraheem, 19, made history On Thursday, February, 26, when she was honoured with an official reception in the White House by the US President, Barack Obama and the First Lady, Michelle.

Saheela Ibraheem got into the Ivy League Harvard at the age of 15, where she is currently studying neurobiology — a branch of science that studies the brain — and has been listed among the “World’s 50 Smartest Teenagers.” She was also accepted for admission by 13 other top colleges in the United States, including the MIT, Princeton, Columbia, and six Ivy League institutions, choosing Harvard, she became one of the youngest students to ever attend the university. She will be graduating in May this year.

Speaking after an introductory speech by Ibraheem at the White House, President Obama stated that “there are a lot of teenagers in the world. Saheela is like one of the 50 smartest ones. That’s pretty smart. And she’s a wonderful young lady. She’s like the State Department and the National Institute of Health all rolled into one. And we are so proud of your accomplishments and all that lies ahead of you. And you reflect our history. Young people like you inspire our future.”

Ibraheem, who skipped two grades in school, said the key to success is figuring out what you love to learn as early as possible, which she did at the young age of five.

“If you are passionate about what you do, and I am passionate about most of these things, especially with math and science, it will work out well,” she told CBS 2s Cindy Hsu. In addition, Ibraheem speaks four languages that include Arabic, Spanish and Latin.

Her mother, Shakirat Ibraheem, said her daughter has been way ahead of the academic game since kindergarten — never cutting corners and trying to do everything on her own. “She’s like always independent,” she said. “I never get to help with her homework because she’d say ‘it’s my work mommy, not yours.’”

Ibraheem’s recognition and reception was part of the “Black History Month” celebration in the US, which comes up in February. The “Black History Month”, takes root from the activities of the “Association for the Study of African American Life and History.” Every year, Americans set aside the month of February to celebrate the central role that African-Americans have played in every aspect of American life especially the march for freedom and equality, jobs and justice, the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act, and some profound contributions African-Americans make in the American culture.

Present at the evening event were members of the US Congress, including Leader Nancy Pelosi, and members of the Congressional Black Caucus.

http://leadership.ng/news/414630/obama-recognises-commends-19-year-old-nigerian-harvard-finalist
dats gudnews I like dat. We av alott of tenage nigerian's ncludn me here 2, who can do dat, bt dure 2 high of level of corruption n dis country cudnt alow us. Nt until dis unscrupolus govt we av vanish 4rm dis country. Nigeria wil b a better place soon. Vote sai-buhari. God bless nigeria.
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by GogetterMD(m): 11:55am On Mar 01, 2015
emeka2847:

Wetin bring religion now?
Can't you just move along
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by neyyo101: 11:56am On Mar 01, 2015
mandozhero:
This is a good story. Just that if such a genius come down here, FG will give her one position and get corrupt like; Ngozi Okonjo Iwuala, etc.

Obama please, please keep her there till these our old and clueless corrupt politicians vanish from Nigeria.
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by minister2015: 11:57am On Mar 01, 2015
hensben:
Later them go say Moslem enslave their women....
maryam, the first female fields mathematics medalist is an iranian too.
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by castrokins(m): 11:57am On Mar 01, 2015
GogetterMD:
Proudly Islam

Now, Here's The Problem With Nigeria. The Americans Ignored Her Religion And Here You're, Chanting Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by bokohalal(m): 11:59am On Mar 01, 2015
ubecharles:
Now Nigeria want to clam her. She is not a Nigerian, doesn't any indigenous Nigerian language but English, Spanish, Latin and arabic
flyca:
Great news

but.... Is she Nigerian or is it that she has Nigerian parents?
As long as one, or both your parents are Nigerians, you are a Nigerian even if born on Mars .
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by papa007: 12:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
Girl you made my day, I feel honoured as a Nigerian.
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by bennifield11(m): 12:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
Na my future wifie she be....uah muah
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by GogetterMD(m): 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
XBLadez:

You know, animals like u should always be caged so they don't mistake u for a normal being. Ur mom's abortion pill failed, otherwise u'd be as dead as ur boko haram members by now. Sonofabitch!
Your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents your parents tongue cool grin
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by richesng(m): 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
This is good news for Nigerians.

At least for once, Nigerian is spoken about in a positive way.
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by staymore: 12:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
And Islam doesn't want Western Education.
I pray she inspires boko haram, their sympathizers and sponsors.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by GogetterMD(m): 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
castrokins:

Now, Here's The Problem With Nigeria. The Americans Ignored Her Religion And Here You're, Chanting Islam.
As I chose not to ignore nko? And as she's the vice president of the Harvard Muslim society community nko? Abi e affect your sleep cycle?
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by oduastates: 12:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
I beg make una carry una nonsense go jare. That girl is a product of contemporary yoruba home ,yoruba parent and fully owned by an American society which values the education and well being of her citizens.
Nothing nigerian about her apart from the fact that her parents are Yorubas .
She is studying a science based university course which both Islam and christainity continuously undermine to this present day.
I would rather give credit to the omoluabi philosophy which evolved from the yoruba religion ,and which actually supports science and the acquisition of knowledge and good character.
She speaks perfect Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by 100Cents: 12:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
Odisco2:
I have said it in a number of times that passion, determination are essential when choosing a course of study. I want to study Law because it fetches money Nigerians' mentality. Congratulations!!!. We look forward for More achievement from you.

BTW: I don't want to hear sai Buhari in this thread. Thanks .

Sai GEJ..
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by Pius007: 12:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
Kudos to Havard University for discovery her.
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
What was i even doin at age 15 sef?? I tink i was playin baram o.. SEE MY LIFE!!
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by XBLadez: 12:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
GogetterMD:

That long post just exposed how brainless and useless u are to the society grin homoerotic nuisance! U were conceived via an.al sex, that explains why ur life is so messed up
Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by luvprince4real(m): 12:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
GogetterMD:
Proudly Islam
Y is dis country so religious? If Obama thinks like u he wouldnt even think of hosting dis teenager in d first place. Na how una go take indoctrinate dis young star by promising her 7 male virgins and loading her up with bombs una dey find so. Yeye pple.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist. by GogetterMD(m): 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
XBLadez:

That long post just exposed how brainless and useless u are to the society grin homoerotic nuisance! U were conceived via an.al sex, that explains why ur life is so messed up
Sorry bro, take a chill pill with a bottle of sniper insecticide. Afterwards, come to my clinic, I will save your life. Afterall, that's what I do everyday. BTW, what do you do everyday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) / University Of Ibadan(pictures) / 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.