Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:39 PM

How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? (18549 Views)

Why Do You Love God? / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? / As A Christian, How Do You Love God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by bukatyne(f): 10:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
Tallesty1:
I believe them bot but I don't take revelation literally.
I am not saying that hell do not exist, my point is that it is not eternal.
If I repent and lead righteous life because I don't want to go to hell then my repentance is not complete. It means I do not have the love of Christ in me rather I am following him because I am scared he will punish me if I don't. Which makes him a tyrant in a way.
Not everyone is assured of entering heaven the easy way, some will inherit it, some will enter it by other means, maybe by kekenapep or okadagrin, my type will trek itgringringrin
I am waiting.

We will be saying thesame thing if I should take things exactly the way they are in the bible but I don't.

Take this verse forinstance.

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth , today you will be with me in paradise” ( Luke 23:43).

Do you notice where the coma is placed? That was a wrong placement, the verse should read like this.

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth today , you will be with me in paradise” ( Luke 23:43).

You might be wondering how I came to that conclusion?

I will show you.

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

If we should follow Luke 23:43 exactly the way it appeared in the bible then it means that the thief would be in the paradise with Jesus the very day they died but here in John 20:17 Jesus was telling Mary that he had not ascended to the Father, meaning that he had not been to the paradise three days after his death.

Would get back to you when I am on Lappy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by mbulela: 10:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
Seun:
You should be an atheist, not a Christian. That is the final destination, but it requires courage. Do you have courage? wink
The cockiness of your unbelief is same as the type believers being described by the OP.
What daft courage are you referring to?
It takes as much courage to believe in an unseen God by faith as it takes to disbelief the incomplete evidence of a supernatural being.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
Tallesty1, bukatyne and freecocoa...well done with the step-by-step bible exposition. We are learning from you guys oh smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Tallesty1(m): 9:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Go easy on her , she was only trying to set the records straight for one confused fellow up there
Are you sure the fellow is really confused?
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
Are you sure the fellow is really confused?

You tell me
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Tallesty1(m): 10:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
neoapocalypse:

You tell me
He is not

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies Disclose Worst Things A Pastor Said About Women In Church / Pastor Sam Adeyemi’s Daystar Celebrates 25th Anniversary / The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.