Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,113 members, 7,953,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:41 PM

How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? (18550 Views)

Why Do You Love God? / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? / As A Christian, How Do You Love God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 04, 2015
neoapocalypse:

The piece isn't as intelligent as you make it but thought provoking and factual , if I may put it so. Seun only made that suggestion because a lot of atheist started just like her , they questioned the ways and manners of religious folks , soon enough she'll start to question the authenticity of a supreme god with supposedly "supreme" powers

Yes, you are right. We mistake knowledge for intelligence and vise versa. I wrote this piece down a couple of years ago. I was a fresher in Uni back then and something happened that shook my budding christian faith( A youth pastor who mentored me actually told me that the Holy spirit told him to sleep with me cheesy ) .
So you see, I have known two different 'faiths' and so far, the only thing I can hold on to is my Love for Jesus Christ. Nothing else. Nothing religious appeals to me. I strongly believe that humans can live better with or without religion.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 04, 2015
nnamdiosu:

and sir, i also think you should be a Christian not an atheist. she has already seen that atheist are generally kind, loving and open people YET SHE STILL CHOOSE TO BE A CHRISTIAN, Becos there is something that atheist will never ever have despite their loving and open nature. I'll give u a clue. it starts with J.

Jesus...Lord and Saviour smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 04, 2015
haibe:

i get your point but i think it's actually an African thing because i remember having the same experience when i used to be a Muslim. Like the poster above said, black Americans seem to practice different christianity. So sometimes i thing what makes religious folks hypocritical here in Nigeria is our mindset and conditioning.

Not just mindset and conditioning, but the manner with which Christianity and Islam came into our land. Like it was thrust upon us, by the same people who made slaves of us. So, every tribe now has it's own brand of religion. So far, I know some people who combine being a pastor with being a leader of a fraternity. Now, who is to blame?
I think we should preach more of peace and togetherness and brotherly love. We have wielded the holy books for too long yet nothing has changed- Hell fire, if real will still be filled to the brim.

So, what exactly has religion achieved?

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by cococandy(f): 7:30am On Mar 04, 2015
standd:

With the stuffs happening in Nigeria right now, I don't blame anyone who creates a kingdom for himself and names himself king undecided
seriously
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 04, 2015
FrancisTony:

What of Elijah, 24elders, the armed robber crucified with Jesus etc that are already in heaven?

They can go to hell , pun intended
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 04, 2015
standd:

Yes, you are right. We mistake knowledge for intelligence and vise versa. I wrote this piece down a couple of years ago. I was a fresher in Uni back then and something happened that shook my budding christian faith( A youth pastor who mentored me actually told me that the Holy spirit told him to sleep with me cheesy ) .
So you see, I have known two different 'faiths' and so far, the only thing I can hold on to is my Love for Jesus Christ. Nothing else. Nothing religious appeals to me. I strongly believe that humans can live better with or without religion.

Time will tell
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 04, 2015
lestat:

Faith in Nigerians restored grin grin grin didnt know there where any Nigerians left in this country who rreason like this? Marry me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Marry you grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by okotv(m): 7:37am On Mar 04, 2015
Love is the theme but the poster was still able to subtly bash the Catholics, JW and Deeper life who happen to be about 2 billion of the worlds population put together, who then do you show your love to You need to read, understand and place the contextual writing from the Bible before making some comments.

The poster also said she doesn't understand why Jesus is the only way to God. That only gives me the avenue to question your Christian stand. Understand John 3:16.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by alpontif(m): 7:42am On Mar 04, 2015
standd:

...How do you love God but hate your neighbour?

I remember that as a Moslem child, the first thing I learned was 'decent dressing' and how I must study my Quran, recite my Tira at the Quranic school and basically learn the techniques of evading my Imam's long whip. I remember how mum got a lot of long trousers and head-covers for me as a child. Up till my formative years, I was never comfortable with wearing cloths that bare my body. It was a good start (minus that scary Quranic teacher)

I am a Christian now and I really wonder why Christians think they are actually better than people of other faiths.
Are we not all the same?
Born to thread the paths of our parents (and believe in Gods before we had a chance to make our own choices). Holding on to the faith of our parents and believing in their Gods.

Did we ever question them as to why they chose to follow 'Jesus' or 'Mohammed' or 'Buddha'
Do we really have a choice?

It's like 'Tag and follow', bound under traditions to obey our parents and do their biddings.

Well, it wasn't funny as I was practically jostled from raising my bum up in the air and hitting my head on the floor in Mosques to shouting hallelujah and dancing shokii in churches.

A young gal who swapped 'Gods' and 'faiths'

The transition albeit was a relief, I ultimately hated the rigours of going to the mosque everyday and having to pee in my pant at the thoughts of Imam's whips...
Ramadan was a war of wits, I learned at a very young age to eat my fill, drink a basin of water and then rub my lips vigorously against the coarse walls of the sitting-room, so my lips can become dry and chaffed; as expected, if one had not eaten all day.
The day my mother caught me, she couldn't help but burst into laughter ( of course, she did the same as a kid and told us about it)
I learned very fast smiley

Religion makes us cocky and confident. After all, we have the promises of a higher deity. We can not be wrong, and if we are wrong, our Gods have got our back.
A typical Christian who has not prayed in 50 years will quickly shout Blood-of-Jesus' at the sight of danger.
Of course, Jesus is supposed to be the sit-in spiritual Nanny who has nothing else to do but run in different directions in his eternal duty of attending to every Christian that screams his blood.

I once heard of a man who screamed 'Temitope Joshua' when he was attacked by armed robbers.
Bikonu, is TB Joshua an angel or a god? Or is there 'blood of Joshua' too?
The audacity of 'faith' and the diverse constrictions of the human mind.

I prefer being a Christian not cos I feel assured that the heaven they talk about is meant for Christians- mbanu!
But because I will no longer allow myself be 'pushed' into believing in anything else.
If the Bible is literature- I have found succour in it.
If Jesus Christ is a figment of someone's imaginations- then I want such an awesome 'character' to be my Lord and Savior.

If believing in God is a laughable and stupid thing to do- trust me, I have made worse decisions. This single one will not kill me.

I simply refuse to swap 'Gods' again.

But then, the simplest and purest minds I have met are those who don't believe at all. They do not have the cockiness and confidence of those with 'Gods', so they live each day conscious of their every action and kind to people they meet on their journey through life.

I read of Tai Solarin and I wonder if there is a separate heaven for people like him who do not need any God to be human and moral. People who have so much empathy and kindness, plus an intense urge to do good.
The people who do not scream 'Blood of Jesus' but give their own life-blood just to help a neighbour.
They make Christians and Moslems alike seem like nonentities.
Through their acts, we see that humans do not really need any God to help them choose between good and bad.

Being created with a working brain means we can be whatever we want to be when we choose to be. CHOICE NOT RELIGION.

People are who they are not because of their religions but because of their individuality. And what they choose to do with their beliefs.

Three years ago, I met a dude who says there's no God. He lives and breathes kindness.
And puts all my religious friends to shame cos he is a better man than they can ever dream to be.
He lives, fully aware of the consequences of his actions. He feels there's no God to safe him or wash his sins away, hence decides to live- ever ready to take full responsibilities for his actions. Lacking the misplaced cockiness of spiritual people- Touching lives with kindness and showing love that stems from knowing that he can't deceive himself about loving God when he can't even love his friends or the man-next-door.
I am glad I met him.

I can't not talk about the Christians seeing that the ones with the 'biggest bibles' are the ones with the deepest-hatred.

Some have booked space in heaven, conveniently pulling down others on their way up there. Please do not remind me that some Christians even hold the key to hell.( I shiver)

The hell-fire supervisors are the ones with the 'divine-gift' of marking some people for hell. They seem to have gotten their own visa from heaven embassy, plus Angel Michael gave them a peek into the book of life.
So, they constantly tell others-
'you will end up in hell'

My moslem brothers have been promised 72 virgins. (And a bountiful harvest at every slash of their holy swords) No wonder virgins are now scarce on earth.
I always try to read the Quran and its various translations...but i can't just deal.
Come-on, we are not that daft, we just don't want to question our 'faith'.
For fear of having our soul-threads unravelled and blown away.

The people who can think will always question their faith.
And I do NOT believe that I am better than the next man, worshipping a ram- as long as he keeps his ram out of my face and doesn't expect me to do anything with a ram asides slaughtering and cooking it (for chowing)

Some of my Christian friends feel I'm not 'born-again' if I don't go to church. Church to them is the building and the random show they put up every Sunday. Shioooor!

I should say I am not comfortable with Christianity...People have conveniently divided their hearts into compartments, they know how to slander and praise God with the same lips. They can bend for a doggy or to take communion on the same knees sad
They sing sweet melodies to the glory of God and then later wag the same tongue in gossip.

My Christian 'friends' will go from speaking in tongues to Screaming Jesu! as their boyfriends ram them from behind.

Oh yes! God is a merciful God.

But, pls Shut the fu*k up with all the pretence and stop making others feel you have a right to judge them or make them feel inadequate with the choices they have made!

Before you scream the 'blood-of-Jesus'..kindly wipe the cum and slander hanging on your lips.

Yes- he can not behold iniquity. Yet we feel so cocky that we think we have a right to feel so special despite our iniquities.

And you, when you shed blood, you must seriously think that virgins await you.
See, only spirits attain eternity- how do you intend fu*king a spirit poosie with your spirit dick!
I know konji to be a bastard- but konji bastardizes humans not spirits.

If you are Christian, what exactly separates you from people of other faiths!
God himself must be tired by now- since he has to create different heavens for different denominations.
Of course, I am not a Catholic- I do not wish to bow down to any thing 'Mary-like'
And I am not JW, those ones have a list of people making heaven already.

The Deeper lifers don't even expect you all to make heaven, heaven is not for people who wore trousers and fixed weaves on earth!
So, I wonder the kinda heaven that the Christian God will fit you all into.

Hahahahacheesy
Funny humans! We claim to love God, yet our neighbours do not deserve our love.
I wonder why we can so easily love a God that we do not see yet hate the people that we see everyday.

I can not even pretend to like religion.
But as long as I do not downgrade to being an agnostic.. I still declare and confess Jesus Christ as my Lord and Personal Savior smiley

I walk a path everyday to discover the essence of my humanity.
I yearn to be a better person.
To overcome hate. To love more.
To do the things that would uplift my soul.
So I can reach out to others in every way I can.

My creed is to love the people around me regardless of their religion or beliefs, before I can claim to love God..

How do you hate your neighbours so much and get divided along tribal and religion lines, yet you claim to love God...why do you cut other people down with your mouths and swords, all because you want to fight for God! My dear, use your head...If you keep fighting for the almighty, then you only prove that your brand of God is a dummy who can not fight for himself.

Love your neighbour as yourself...How dare you claim to love God when you you can not love those around you. How?

Thank you for reading, kindly visit my blog:
chesapeakesblues
Please share, leave your comments and follow my blog.

That is what I think, Exactly..in fact tHe only difference here is that you are a female, I have the same exact experience and mindset plus change of faiths...its soo uncannily exact.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by nnamdiosu(m): 7:42am On Mar 04, 2015
standd:

Jesus...Lord and Saviour smiley

lolssss. wen I read ur post I said to my self what a classic and talented writer. now......I'm adding brilliant to it. more grease to ur elbow and ink to ur pen dear

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Tloc(m): 7:43am On Mar 04, 2015
Pancs:
hatred can never accommodate love. so its either a person hates or loves. in other words you can never claim you love God and at the same time hate your neighbour.
Gbam!
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 04, 2015
freecocoa:
Very funny, you are attempting to fight when you've already given in to sin even before the temptation comes.

A young christian girl clearly knows, it is a sin to have $ex outside marriage, yet she decides to have it and then ask for forgiveness afterwards, yet you say she's trying?

A pastor knows it's a sin to steal church funds, yet with him is a list he made from home, of things he intends to use the money to purchase, this is even before the offering is collected, yet he's trying?

The bible said explicitly, to love one's neighbor as you do yourself, yet you see someone in need and because he's of a different faith than you, you treat him like a plague, yet you are trying o.

Alright, make una keep trying.

Maybe if all Christians are like you there won't be a need for atheists like me. Your brand of Christianity is more extinct than extant
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 04, 2015
okotv:
Love is the theme but the poster was still able to subtly bash the Catholics, JW and Deeper life who happen to be about 2 billion of the worlds population put together, who then do you show your love to You need to read, understand and place the contextual writing from the Bible before making some comments.

The poster also said she doesn't understand why Jesus is the only way to God. That only gives me the avenue to question your Christian stand. Understand John 3:16.

shocked shocked shocked

Remove your foot from your mouth. Clean your eyes very well, then go back and read OP.
Your second paragraph is not in my write-up. Maybe you need to shake your head, three times to clear the cobwebs cheesy

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 04, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Time will tell

Yes, time will tell.
A time will come when evolution will occur and people will begin to use larger parts of their medulla oblongata. A time when all the religions we know will go extinct and humanity will no longer be brainwashed.
I may not see that time but it will surely come.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 04, 2015
okotv:

She's specifically "preaching" against your kind , what makes Christianity the true way , there are a thousand and one faiths , what gives you the conviction that yours is true and theirs not. Why would a loving god banish to hell for eternity people who refuse to follow a certain faith when it is clear he made all religions alike and set confusion to this earth ? . The point she's trying to make , which you fail to comprehend , is that no matter your faith or lack of it , always strive to do good and god will bless you , your religion won't save you , it is your deeds that will save you at the end of the day. And why she picked more on the christian faith is because of the lot , the christian faith comes with the most foibles

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 04, 2015
Ishilove:

I got her on speed dial. Pay me first!!!!!!!!! cheesy

Come on dearie don't stand in the way of true love, been all over the net looking for her contacts the best I got is her yahoo mail, help a brother out nah
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 04, 2015
standd:

I Marry you grin

Yaaaaaaaaaaa, sent you a yahoo mail...let's connect
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by olashas(f): 8:03am On Mar 04, 2015
standd:

Yes, time will tell.
A time will come when evolution will occur and people will begin to use larger parts of their medulla oblongata. A time when all the religions we know will go extinct and humanity will no longer be brainwashed.
I may not see that time but it will surely come.
Preach!!

Religion has done more harm than good anyway. I, for one, can't wait for that time. cheesy
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 04, 2015
Weah96:
Black Americans are a different type of Christian. I had a crack dealer conduct a sale in my presence, to a junkie, while simultaneously preaching the gospel of Jesus to me. That was right before he fired up the blunt and started smoking it in my presence.

Crack is good , no religion is specifically against it
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:14am On Mar 04, 2015
freecocoa:
Asking questions like this, actually makes me really wonder...

Why should their actions not affect me? If I can't see any good or difference in someone who claims to know God from an armed robber, why then would I need to take the pastor seriously? As a babe in the lord, who needs to be guided in the right path, I need the actions of those who are supposedly leading me to be in line with what they sell, because they are the example I have as someone who doesn't know better.

The different denominations discriminate against themselves, so much that they boldly say "catholics worship idols", "pentecostals are criminals", "The sabbaths are ritualists", etc, abeg which one is the true path to eternal life? Remember that these denominations have doctrines guiding them, which you are to abide by if you must make heaven.

Let the bible be Ur guide. Stop making the lives of others (humans like U, liable to fall at any given time) Ur standard to eternal life.

when U decide to take up a fellow believer or even pastor as Ur spiritual stand, Knowingly or unknowingly U start monitoring the individuals life to update Ur spiritual life. putting the individual under unnecessary tension (which comes naturally when people are monitored).

During this monitoring process, Ur spiritual mindset scrutinize the individuals life for good things to add to Ur own life, while Ur flesh scrutinize the individual for faults in Him or Her to stop U from believing in the gospel the person preaches.

We all have faults so when Ur flesh finds this faults, it alerts U thereby stopping spiritual progress.

As a babe, let Jesus be Ur guide. He will lead U well.
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by ezekielose: 8:19am On Mar 04, 2015
If u check very well,the answer u seek are all in the bible,Jesus came to show us how to leave on earth,to love our neighbour as our self and even pray for those that persecute us, our enemies, he did all this,he ate with sinners,even on the cross of cavalry he prayed for those persecuting him,what more do we need,he thought us to leave judgment for God and not put laws into our hands,he came for the sinners not for the pure or holy once,for if we love our neighbour,we wouldn't gossip them,non hate them,kn body was born with hatred,according to mother Theresa,it is on earth that we learn how to hate,that if we can learn how to hate,we can also learn how to love,please my dear friends when Jesus Christ said love ur neighbour he didn't signify,either jaw ,non Muslim,or those that those not worship in the same church with you,He means all,every body. I like write up like this,if we read very carefully,you we see in one way or the other we are all guilty,please let ask for forgiveness and learn to live to please God,because God is Love
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by hotdope(m): 8:34am On Mar 04, 2015
I want to be a member of church of Satan i don't know how to do it. SEE IT HERE: To become a member of the church of Satan, you have to few a forum
send in the following details.
full name:
email address:
phone number:
1 passport:
[AND ANSWER ALL: Why do u want to join:
what will u do for Satan After helping u:
[I WANT TO LET U KNOW THAT WHEN YOU JOIN FINISH KNOW THAT U CAN'T GO BACK]:
SEND IT TO: [stevhotdope@gmail.com .] OR [+2349037258834I want to be a member of church of Satan i don't know how to do it. SEE IT HERE: To become a member of the church of Satan, you have to few a forum
full name:
email address:
phone number:
1 passport:
SEND IT TO: [stevhotdope@gmail.com .] OR [+2349037258834
I want to be a member of church of Satan i don't know how to do it. SEE IT HERE: To become a member of the church of Satan, you have to few a forum
full name:
email address:
phone number:
1 passport:
SEND IT TO: [stevhotdope@gmail.com .] OR [+2349037258834

1 Share

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:34am On Mar 04, 2015
neoapocalypse:

She's specifically "preaching" against your kind , what makes Christianity the true way , there are a thousand and one faiths , what gives you the conviction that yours is true and theirs not. Why would a loving god banish to hell for eternity people who refuse to follow a certain faith when it is clear he made all religions alike and set confusion to this earth ? . The point she's trying to make , which you fail to comprehend , is that no matter your faith or lack of it , always strive to do good and god will bless you , your religion won't save you , it is your deeds that will save you at the end of the day. And why she picked more on the christian faith is because of the lot , the christian faith comes with the most foibles

1) other gods will burn with Lucifer in hell. So U (being a follower of other gods need to follow Ur master naa. if he goes to hell, his worshippers go with him.

Atheists have decided to reject His light.
U don't want Him to be Ur master.
and there is no fence so ,u can't stand in between. U are either with Him or against Him.

2) God is not the Author of confusion, the devil is.

3) God will not force Himself on U simply because U do good actions. if U don't confess Him to be Ur Lord & Saviour, then U are not with Him. He can't bring U to His kingdom with the believe that U wanted to come when U outrightly rejected His embrace.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by JBeeHive(m): 8:40am On Mar 04, 2015
@standd... when next you refer to swapping gods, be sure to refer to a small letter "g" because it is utterly disrespectful where you use a capital G in referral to GOD ALMIGHTY and others. There is only 1 GOD and several others given the illusion of powers by men call Deities. So please, in order not to sin against the ALMIGHTY through our sentences be Precise...

Stay Blessed now and always
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 04, 2015
JBeeHive:
@standd... when next you refer to swapping gods, be sure to refer to a small letter "g" because it is utterly disrespectful where you use a capital G in referral to GOD ALMIGHTY. There is only 1 GOD and several others given the illusion of powers by men call Deities. So please, in order not to sin against the ALMIGHTY through our sentences be Precise...

Stay Blessed now and always

Ok.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by zizytd(m): 8:50am On Mar 04, 2015
Question I keep asking myself God dat made those wu r not Christians is he a fool for doing so or is it their fault they were born moslems? we Christians need to understand is not abt ur religion but how we live our lives.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by freecocoa(f): 9:03am On Mar 04, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

Let the bible be Ur guide. Stop making the lives of others (humans like U, liable to fall at any given time) Ur standard to eternal life.

when U decide to take up a fellow believer or even pastor as Ur spiritual stand, Knowingly or unknowingly U start monitoring the individuals life to update Ur spiritual life. putting the individual under unnecessary tension (which comes naturally when people are monitored).

During this monitoring process, Ur spiritual mindset scrutinize the individuals life for good things to add to Ur own life, while Ur flesh scrutinize the individual for faults in Him or Her to stop U from believing in the gospel the person preaches.

We all have faults so when Ur flesh finds this faults, it alerts U thereby stopping spiritual progress.

As a babe, let Jesus be Ur guide. He will lead U well.
I honestly don't know what you are talking about with the monitoring and all, I'm telling you something usually very obvious and you are talking about monitoring someone.

This is not about how a group of people decide to live their lives, it is more about how what they claim to believe in has no positive impact on them and if believing in God/going to church, can't make one better(it actually makes them worse) than someone who doesn't believe nor go to church, maybe that means what they claim is actually nonexistent.

Religious people, tend to behave in similar ways(especially as regards discrimination) so you notice that, it is definitely religion, that pushes them to it, because they have to abide by certain doctrines which propagates hate in my opinion, this doctrines now combined with their human traits becomes catastrophic.

Btw, the bible does not really make it easier with the many contradictions in it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by freecocoa(f): 9:07am On Mar 04, 2015
ezekielose:
If u check very well,the answer u seek are all in the bible,Jesus came to show us how to leave on earth,to love our neighbour as our self and even pray for those that persecute us, our enemies, he did all this,he ate with sinners,even on the cross of cavalry he prayed for those persecuting him,what more do we need,he thought us to leave judgment for God and not put laws into our hands,he came for the sinners not for the pure or holy once,for if we love our neighbour,we wouldn't gossip them,non hate them,kn body was born with hatred,according to mother Theresa,it is on earth that we learn how to hate,that if we can learn how to hate,we can also learn how to love,please my dear friends when Jesus Christ said love ur neighbour he didn't signify,either jaw ,non Muslim,or those that those not worship in the same church with you,He means all,every body. I like write up like this,if we read very carefully,you we see in one way or the other we are all guilty,please let ask for forgiveness and learn to live to please God,because God is Love
Still, the same bible said not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers, for what partnership does righteousness have with lawlessness, light(christians obviously) with darkness(unbelievers).

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 04, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Thank you smiley

Tallesty1..kindly read this. Because if I choose to serve buddha tomorrow, I will still refuse to be banished to hell-fire grin
Maybe Englishiii is disturbing me so I can't get my point across well enough. But I am not going back on my words, love your neighbours as yourself, love the person, not the religion.
Peace!

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 04, 2015
freecocoa:
I honestly don't know what you are talking about with the monitoring and all, I'm telling you something usually very obvious and you are talking about monitoring someone.

This is not about how a group of people decide to live their lives, it is more about how what they claim to believe in has no positive impact on them and if believing in God/going to church, can't make one better(it actually makes them worse) than someone who doesn't believe nor go to church, maybe that means what they claim is actually nonexistent.

Religious people, tend to behave in similar ways(especially as regards discrimination) so you notice that, it is definitely religion, that pushes them to it, because they have to abide by certain doctrines which propagates hate in my opinion, this doctrines now combined with their human traits becomes catastrophic.

Btw, the bible does not really make it easier with the many contradictions in it.

Mehn!!! You need to feel the HATRED oozing out of some people to fully grasp the content of my original post. I just tire, I swear! How I wish there's nothing like religion, maybe people will engage their thinking faculties more.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi’s Daystar Celebrates 25th Anniversary / The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion / Apostle Suleman Gifts Man $1000 To Secure Accommodation In Ghana (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.