Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) (33147 Views)

A Toyota SUV Burnt Along Enugu-Onitsha Express Way. PICTURES / Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) / Fatal Accident Along Enugu/onitsha Expressway,one Dead,others Injured(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by Vince77(m): 1:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
Cuche:

The road is bad, you can take the old road which is very good just that it is longer and single lane
Even the old is available all the way to Limca junction Nkpor /Onitsha. From Enugu to Onisha the Express is best avoided
i heard d old road is dangerous cos its narrow.
Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by ozoigbondu: 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
I don't know about Enugu but the Anambra side is smooth at least till you reach umunya.The road from umunya to akwuzu junction is bad but it is under construction now.
Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by PHIPEX(m): 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
It saddens my heart that up till now this road is still in this state. I remember how I celebrated when work started on this road while in my first year and passed this road often. In my third year I lost a course mate to accident on this same road, I have long graduated yet the road is not halfway completed. This is a great minus to this administration.

1 Like

Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by goldfish80(m): 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
It's strange how people play politics with precious lifes. The Enugu onitsha road is a curse. Everyday I ply through the road I fresh accidents, lifes and limbs are lost on daily basis there. I would be interested in reading a report from the frsc on the number of accidents on that road per day. Fr Mbaka and Ken Nnamani are the only Igbo prominent sons who have voiced displeasure on the state of that road, Nnamani on the presidential declaration and Fr Mbaka on the famous Goodluck to Badluck record.

1 Like

Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by ndukwejoe(m): 1:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
it is pathetic
Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by stan241(m): 1:32pm On Mar 01, 2015
Vince77:
i heard d old road is dangerous cos its narrow.
I tell you it's not like the old road is better cus yes its narrow but for motorists especially who have to go to and fro all day that old road is the fastest and dare i say safest
Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2015
My guy stop. I am more Igbo than you.ok Have you been to that Nkpor market to see how the roads are? But to think that people that live there are billionaires then you could imagine what goes on on thier mind.

stan241:
Abusing you now would be stooping to your level so no need but pls learn to re-read what you type before you post... udo
Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by spyder880(m): 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2015
alfred5:
@Op, that was an old piece. Take a walk from government house awka to aroma junction then to unizik junction then to Awkuzu junction then to ogbunike junction and see for yourself the rapid work going on there. Snap todays picture. You'll even see alot of flyovers been lifted. I passed there last week. Get your fatcs well. Cos as for me and my family its GEJ till 2019.

I took the pictures today, just 2 hours ago. Between Ninth mile and Oji river.
Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by Pesuzok(m): 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
MyPWisINCORRECT:
When me President assumed office, 30,000km of Federal Roads were not paved but as we speak, 25,000km of these roads have been or currently being attended to which the Lagos-Ibadan, Benin-Ore, East West Road, etc are typical examples.

I am sure this road is among the 5,000km pending repairs. I am sure GEJ will treat this with utmost priority.

Pls I have always wanted to ask. How many km is Benin - ore road, can you please state the roads that make up the 25000km. Sometimes these figures get me confused.

1 Like

Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2015
nigeria!!!! Lagging behind in infrastructure since 1999. Which way to go?
Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by stan241(m): 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
PUSH1:
My guy stop. I am more Igbo than you.ok Have you been to that Nkpor market to see how the roads are? But to think that people that live there are billionaires then you could imagine what goes on on thier mind.

Ah bros I'm not in any way defending the sorry state of those roads cus its that bad but insulting Igbo people in general cus of it is just wrong
Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by o42austino(m): 1:49pm On Mar 01, 2015
asha80:
give egs of the roads in question?
The Old Road that Runs From PH/Enugu Express thru 4 corners,Thru Udi,thru Oji to Awka was Done By Mr.Chime the executive Governor of Enugu State and it Was Refunded, The One that Runs from Awka to Limca Onitsha was done by Mr.Peter Obi the Former governor of Anambra State and it was Refunded, I will advice Easterns to use that Road,it has no single pothole but is a single Lane Road,I recently did 30mins on it from Enugu to Awka.
Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by micrep3030(m): 1:51pm On Mar 01, 2015
Everything can not be put together in one day the gvt is working
Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by kayoday(m): 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
MyPWisINCORRECT:
When me President assumed office, 30,000km of Federal Roads were not paved but as we speak, 25,000km of these roads have been or currently being attended to which the Lagos-Ibadan, Benin-Ore, East West Road, etc are typical examples.

I am sure this road is among the 5,000km pending repairs. I am sure GEJ will treat this with utmost priority.

25000km !!!! are you sure?. Lot of Fed roads are in terrible state of disrepair. Some major ones like Ibadan to Ilorin that they started 1999 still not completed.
Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by link2jude(m): 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
We are not asking for new roads in Enugu - Onitsha expressway, let the FGN just maintain the death trap "they" call Federal Roads.

1 Like

Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by ALISMILE(m): 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
And these same Ibos, chronically blinded by religious and tribal sentiments, re still chanting TRANSFORMATION AGENDA! Dey soooo foolishly embrace underachievement! Abbeg na dem knw jare!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by soloiky: 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
Anti Christ, That is the only one you will see. Why not go and take a look at Onitsha-Owerri Road. Propaganda will not work again. GEJ will fix it the way he has been fixing the other ones round the country. APC your propaganda time is over. Its not working again. Buhari need to come for the debate to tell us what he has in stock for us. I can not change from Doctorate degree to first school leaving Certificate, that is going backward rather I will transform from Doctorate to higher one and it can only come thru transformation. Nigerians want tranformation not change. It is an abormination to change the transformation that is going on now in the country. We don't want a dictator, Boko Haram, Lier. We want more transformation in Agriculture, Railway, Aviation, Power, Road, water sector, and most especially Economy of our nation. Naija Vote 4 Continuity, Vote 4 Transformation, Vote 4 GEJ, Vote 4 PDP. Nigeria First, Nigeria Always
Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by kendopkn: 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dis is very bad in our government ok if d fediral government don't work on dis road den were r we going pls and pls we call u guys come and do something in dis road ok because if we come 2 ur house now we can see dat ur conpaund is very luken gud, so pls come and do something on dis road ok I mean u our government ok.
Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
soloiky:
Anti Christ, That is the only one you will see. Why not go and take a look at Onitsha-Owerri Road. Propaganda will not work again. GEJ will fix it the way he has been fixing the other ones round the country. APC your propaganda time is over. Its not working again. Buhari need to come for the debate to tell us what he has in stock for us. I can not change from Doctorate degree to first school leaving Certificate, that is going backward rather I will transform from Doctorate to higher one and it can only come thru transformation. Nigerians want tranformation not change. It is an abormination to change the transformation that is going on now in the country. We don't want a dictator, Boko Haram, Lier. We want more transformation in Agriculture, Railway, Aviation, Power, Road, water sector, and most especially Economy of our nation. Naija Vote 4 Continuity, Vote 4 Transformation, Vote 4 GEJ, Vote 4 PDP. Nigeria First, Nigeria Always
For your information, Obasanjo and Yar'adua fixed Owerri-Onitsha road.

2 Likes

Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by lecturer11: 2:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
The worst thing that could happen to this country is to miss this opportunity of with GMB. If this opportunity passes us by, it can't be recovered in next 30decades.

Vote GMB. Make ur choice of vote beyond ethnicity, religion and tribe.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by synergycom19: 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
The Igbos have no leader,since the demiss of Ojukwu they are like sheep without sherpard

2 Likes

Re: The Horrible Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road, Worst In Nigeria. (PICS.) by Charly68: 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
So Axikwe Ebele has not done much for this people and they are paying him solidarity visit every day...Igbo leaders love money too much that they can sell off their conscience
.who cares about a common man in that land everything na biz

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Most Expensive Police Cars In The World / A Jeep Climbs Up Near Vertical Rock (Photos, Video) / Rusty Porsche Abandoned For 45years Going On Sale For ₦250m In The U.S.(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.