Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,237 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? (61726 Views)

Hausa / Fulani Men (pictures) / Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage / Beautiful Hausa /fulani Girls ....( Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by kaura5000: 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
Fulaman198:

So true my brother. I know that Kaura doesn't want to admit it, but I think she deep down dislikes us Fulbe.
lol how can I hate fulani's when my mom is also one.. the truth is that we must be proud of whom we are

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2015
kaura5000:
lol how can I hate fulani's when my mom is also one.. the truth is that we must be proud of whom we are

Ok, mi famay you are right
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Omarbah: 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
Fulaman198:

So true my brother. I know that Kaura doesn't want to admit it, but I think she deep down dislikes us Fulbe.
That's quite alright. You know, I have gotten used to it. Whether people like us or dislike us does not matter. Respect is the only thing that does.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Takamba: 4:03am On Jun 24, 2015
Fulaman198:

Oh ok I'm sorry dear for the misunderstanding. Nanga def?

Jam rek Fula, long time no see... smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Takamba: 4:12am On Jun 24, 2015
Omarbah:

Most ethnic groups in the region got exposed to Islam around the 11th century with the Almoravids. But like I said, it did not take a stronghold among them. Fulanis in Guinea, Mali and even Souleymane Baal in Northern Senegal had to fight the fula pagans among themselves too.

Yeah but islam penetrated wolof society before the 19th century. Wolofs were not just exposed to it, there were also (very mild) muslims, particularly among the aristocracy, those were the less religious. Its like when in Senegal they said that Cheikh Ahmadou Bamba converted king Lat Dior to islam. Most people believe that because Lat Dior was a ceddo, they forgot that Lat Dior's father managed a coranic school in Coki. Same with almost all Wolof kings at that time, they werz practicing a superstitious islam, encouraged in that by their Moors marabouts.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 24, 2015
Fulaman198:

Doesn't make sense. What possible reason can a Hausa man have to hate the fulbe, our brothers from another ancestor, lol!
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 5:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
Takamba:

Jam rek Fula, long time no see... smiley

Indeed long time no see cheesy
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
kaura5000:

Indeed, I appreciate that you're sort of the ambassador for hausa people on the culture section, but sometimes you need to stop trying to berate other cultures by turning everything into a contest between our people and their people, whoever they are, especially the fulbe, like I said, they are our brothers. BTW have you seen this thread, I swear it's the best in the culture section, if you can see past the ops pagan extremism and hausa superiority complex, it's just amazing. IMHO I believe the true hausa culture is second to none in Africa or even the world, I swear, judging by the progress our people made on their own back then, we have the potential to rule the world, we just don't see it yet, anyways check it out later, maybe you've seen it?

https://www.nairaland.com/1023235/real-hausa

Thank me later if you haven't.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by kaura5000: 6:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
DravenCreighton:

Indeed, I appreciate that you're sort of the ambassador for hausa people on the culture section, but sometimes you need to stop trying to berate other cultures by turning everything into a contest between our people and their people, whoever they are, especially the fulbe, like I said, they are our brothers. BTW have you seen this thread, I swear it's the best in the culture section, if you can see past the ops pagan extremism and hausa superiority complex, it's just amazing. IMHO I believe the true hausa culture is second to none in Africa or even the world, I swear, judging by the progress our people made on their own back then, we have the potential to rule the world, we just don't see it yet, anyways check it out later, maybe you've seen it?
lol I have no problem against other culture or people as a whole.. but we must appreciate our culture and who we are.. I have already seen that thread.. am very glad that I have a detailed history that span thousand of years.. and lastly is very bad to give credit of what my hausa ancestors did to other ethnic groups that have no input in
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by kaura5000: 6:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
DravenCreighton:

lol they are lot of things I didn't agree with on that thread.. from the time he said fulani style turban worn by hausa people... which is totally not true.. the indigo dyed turban known in hausa as alasho gave the trans Saharan trade its distinct blue indigo has been produced in kano dye pits for centuries.. heck even the tauregs that popularized it got it from the hausa

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by kaura5000: 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2015
And the hausa looks which I disagree with the,poster.. because we hausa are culturally homogeneous but racially diverse people.. I would post example of how different hausa people look... the katsinawa hausa are generally the most beautiful very tall, little bit fair in complexion.. why say kanawas are little bit dark and short.. mind you all this places are majority hausa katsina is even regarded as ancestral home of hausas.. so hausa people have no definite look
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
kaura5000:
lol I have no problem against other culture or people as a whole.. but we must appreciate our culture and who we are.. I have already seen that thread.. am very glad that I have a detailed history that span thousand of years.. and lastly is very bad to give credit of what my hausa ancestors did to other ethnic groups that have no input in

Lol! People will always believe what they want to believe, people will always see history as best as it favours them, people want to matter, but in the end facts are facts, if you have this knowledge then you should know that opinions don't change history. Just leave them be because honestly if you check your post you come across as a bully, I know that's not how you intend to be, but that's how it seems. I really enjoy tithe threads you create, I'm looking forward to more in the near future, I don't know how but there's a feeling of nostalgia when I read about my ancestors, a sense of humble pride and gratitude. I think being a hausa person to me, is the highest honor, and that's how it should be to people of other tribes and ethnicities.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
kaura5000:
And the hausa looks which I disagree with the,poster.. because we hausa are culturally homogeneous but racially diverse people.. I would post example of how different hausa people look... the katsinawa hausa are generally the most beautiful very tall, little bit fair in complexion.. why say kanawas are little bit dark and short.. mind you all this places are majority hausa katsina is even regarded as ancestral home of hausas.. so hausa people have no definite look

Lol! I agree about the diversity you speak of. But you can't speak of diversity but go on to generalize, we Kanawas are neither short nor dark, as far as I can tell, I always like to use myself as an example, I'm 5'8" and I'm the shortest in my family, the rest are 5'9 and above, that's pretty good for nigerians, above average even, and by every standard not short, except you're a Scandinavian? also none of us are noticeably dark, even though I admit my family is a bit different but your generalization is flawed. I agree though we have no definite look, atleast in Nigeria as far as I can tell, but I can always spot a northerner. Also, maybe it's because I live in the north west but the most beautiful women I've met are hausas, as far as I know, maybe it's because of taste or something.... Maybe fulaman198 should invite me to Adamawa and change my mind? Looool!
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
kaura5000:
lol they are lot of things I didn't agree with on that thread.. from the time he said fulani style turban worn by hausa people... which is totally not true.. the indigo dyed turban known in hausa as alasho gave the trans Saharan trade its distinct blue indigo has been produced in kano dye pits for centuries.. heck even the tauregs that popularized it got it from the hausa

I noticed that as well. I think he contradicted himself in that area, if you read further he admits those turbans are made by hausas, also the guy is a pagan extremist, so some of his quotes are a bit bizarre, history in the eyes of the pagans will always differ a bit due to their hatred for islam. Lol! He actually claimed the fulbes forced islam on us, looooool! He's quite intriguing really.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Takamba: 11:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
Fulaman198:

Indeed long time no see cheesy

How are things going? Do you live in Nigeria Fulaman?
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 5:39am On Jun 25, 2015
Takamba:

How are things going? Do you live in Nigeria Fulaman?

Yes I am

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 5:43am On Jun 25, 2015
I dunno about you guys but I stand at a proud 192 cm and I'm not even the tallest.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 25, 2015
Fulaman198:
I dunno about you guys but I stand at a proud 192 cm and I'm not even the tallest.

That's exactly 6'3 mate, lol!! I don't know, for me anything taller than 6'1 or 6'2 is too friggin tall! How do people look at you, how do you look at people? And you're not the tallest? Even for a pullo man that's excessive mate! What would you say the average height in your family is?
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
DravenCreighton:

That's exactly 6'3 mate, lol!! I don't know, for me anything taller than 6'1 or 6'2 is too friggin tall! How do people look at you, how do you look at people? And you're not the tallest? Even for a pullo man that's excessive mate! What would you say the average height in your family is?

Well I'd say around 6'4"-6'5" is the average with one of my cousins who is 6'10".

I think it depends on the Pullo and his family. Many Mbororo'en are about 2 metres tall.

I don't look at people differently that are shorter than me. I treat everyone with the same amount of respect. I give people the respect they give me. To me, while having height is a good thing, I don't necessarily view it as an advantage. Those whom have scientific brains and a natural knack for sciences and engineering are the people I view with the utmost respect. Innovators, engineers, scientists, etc. Without them, the world will not be what it is today.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fulaman198:

Well I'd say around 6'4"-6'5" is the average with one of my cousins who is 6'10".

I think it depends on the Pullo and his family. Many Mbororo'en are about 2 metres tall.

I don't look at people differently that are shorter than me. I treat everyone with the same amount of respect. I give people the respect they give me. To me, while having height is a good thing, I don't necessarily view it as an advantage. Those whom have scientific brains and a natural knack for sciences and engineering are the people I view with the utmost respect. Innovators, engineers, scientists, etc. Without them, the world will not be what it is today.

Wtf? The tallest country in the world (Netherlands), has an average height of 6ft0", if you're 6'2, you're taller than 96% of the world population and.....wtf? That's just mental!! My immediate senior brother is 6'0 and people are always raving about how he's too tall. I guess you're the people they refer to when they speak of gigantic Africans, I knew you Fulbe were tall but again....wtf?.... And I'm not talking about respect mate, I'm talking about how the view is from up there... Don't you get lonely up there? .looool! Your family must be different, has to. I doubt them Scandinavians are that tall! Do you play basketball?
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
DravenCreighton:

Wtf? The tallest country in the world (Netherlands), has an average height of 6ft0", if you're 6'2, you're taller than 96% of the world population and.....wtf? That's just mental!! My immediate senior brother is 6'0 and people are always raving about how he's too tall. I guess you're the people they refer to when they speak of gigantic Africans, I knew you Fulbe were tall but again....wtf?.... And I'm not talking about respect mate, I'm talking about how the view is from up there... Don't you get lonely up there? .looool! Your family must be different, has to. I doubt them Scandinavians are that tall! Do you play basketball?

You forget that tallest country has nothing to do with tallest ethnic group which is either the Dinka, Nuer or Tutsi. The tallest people in the world are actually Nilotic. If there was a Fulani nation, or a Dinka nation or a Nuer nation they would all be the tallest in the world.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by tpiadotcom: 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
not all fulanis are extra tall, some are actually just normal height.

their slimness and features are what set them apart, more than tallness.

most "hamitics"/"nilotics" etc, are considered tall, but actually they are slim as well.

Dinka are extremely tall though.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
DravenCreighton:

I don't really notice the view from up here in all honesty. I have never really noticed it. I don't play basketball as I don't see it as a Nigerian sport. I play football though.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 5:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
DravenCreighton:

Lots of 7 footers in this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfEeId9p2pE

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fulaman198:

You forget that tallest country has nothing to do with tallest ethnic group which is either the Dinka, Nuer or Tutsi. The tallest people in the world are actually Nilotic. If there was a Fulani nation, or a Dinka nation or a Nuer nation they would all be the tallest in the world.

This is true. Them Sudanese are quite tall, there was this freakishly tall Sudanese basketball player, can't remember his name, he dead now.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fulaman198:

I don't really notice the view from up here in all honesty. I have never really noticed it. I don't play basketball as I don't see it as a Nigerian sport. I play football though.

Lol! Football is not Nigerian as well, you just prefer it.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
tpiadotcom:

most "hamitics"/"nilotics" etc, are considered tall, but actually they are slim as well.

I guess, I have never met a fulani man that tall, even our president is about 6'2 at most. But damn! Fulamans family is FREAKISHLY tall!
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2015
DravenCreighton:

This is true. Them Sudanese are quite tall, there was this freakishly tall Sudanese basketball player, can't remember his name, he dead now.

Manute Bol was his name. Yes the Southern Sudanese are the tallest people in the world. Those Nilotics with their beautiful super dark complexioned skin.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 9:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
DravenCreighton:

Lol! Football is not Nigerian as well, you just prefer it.

It's been in Nigeria a whole lot longer than basketball though.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 9:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Yes and Nuers as well. Nilotic people in general are the tallest in the world. Tutsis whom are Bantu are tall as well.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fulaman198:

Manute Bol was his name. Yes the Southern Sudanese are the tallest people in the world. Those Nilotics with their beautiful super dark complexioned skin.

Lol! You don't need to sugar coat it, it feels forced, super dark complexioned skin will do. But yeah manute Bol, he sucked, see the thing with being tall is you don't even need to be a good player, imagine shaq hitting only One three pointer through out his career, dude couldn't even get a free throw right. Lol! Unlike most of the things we speculate about here, it's on record that the south Sudanese are the tallest people in the world.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fulaman198:

Yes and Nuers as well. Nilotic people in general are the tallest in the world. Tutsis whom are Bantu are tall as well.

Lol! And the confused Somalis who enjoy trolling Bantus are claiming the Tutsis are their descendants. Lol! Friggin Somalis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

60 Igbo Names & Their Meaning / Hausa/Fulani Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Nigeria [Photos] / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.