Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? (61873 Views)

Hausa / Fulani Men (pictures) / Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage / Beautiful Hausa /fulani Girls ....( Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by curi00: 8:24pm On Jan 11, 2016
Fulaman198:

Senegal is actually in a very interesting state. You know of Wolofinisation right? Wolof is becoming the main language that everyone speaks taking precedence over Pulaar/Fulfulde, Serer and the few Mande languages in Senegal.
You are right ! Almost everyone speak wolof, some people forget their native language and even their culture.
The same thing happen in Mali. Bambara is the main language so people mostly speak bambara even if they are not from this tribe.
French colonization highly participate to the wolofinisation of the society.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 12:07am On Jan 12, 2016
curi00:

You are right ! Almost everyone speak wolof, some people forget their native language and even their culture.
The same thing happen in Mali. Bambara is the main language so people mostly speak bambara even if they are not from this tribe.
French colonization highly participate to the wolofinisation of the society.

Interesting, Well it's the same in Niger and Northern Nigeria. Hausa is the main language, but others like myself can still speak Fulfulde. Just like I'm sure les Peuls in Senegal and Mali can still speak Pulaar/Fulfulde.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 12, 2016
the whole hausa fulani classification is one of the worse things the brits did to hausas. its good for the north but bad for hausas. its sort of like we're the burak and everyone is trying to ride us to heaven. shame on all who promoted that name.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by macof(m): 10:36am On Jan 12, 2016
Fulaman198:

Interesting, Well it's the same in Niger and Northern Nigeria. Hausa is the main language, but others like myself can still speak Fulfulde. Just like I'm sure les Peuls in Senegal and Mali can still speak Pulaar/Fulfulde.

But is this not a good thing? Hausa being the language of northern Nigeria that is

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
macof:

But is this not a good thing? Hausa being the language of northern Nigeria that is

I'd say it's better than English as Hausa is still without a doubt an African language. I'd rather be speaking an African language than a euro language.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by macof(m): 12:40am On Jan 13, 2016
Fulaman198:

I'd say it's better than English as Hausa is still without a doubt an African language. I'd rather be speaking an African language than a euro language.

grin grin grin. cool then

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 2:20am On Jan 13, 2016
Hausa-fulani Muslims should BEND DOWN and learn from Yoruba Muslims.

The ignorance in the north is mind-boggling
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 6:38am On Jan 13, 2016
imhotep:
Hausa-fulani Muslims should BEND DOWN and learn from Yoruba Muslims.

The ignorance in the north is mind-boggling

First correct your error and then we shall talk about bending down for Yorubas. The ignorance in all parts of Nigeria is mind-boggling based on your error.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 13, 2016
Fulaman198:

First correct your error and then we shall talk about bending down for Yorubas.
So, tell what my "error" is . . .
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 6:39am On Jan 13, 2016
imhotep:

So, tell what my "error" is . . .

You seriously can't see it? Despite it being discussed the entire time in this thread.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 13, 2016
Fulaman198:

You seriously can't see it? Despite it being discussed the entire time in this thread.
Just tell me the error.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 6:42am On Jan 13, 2016
imhotep:

Just tell me the error.

::Facepalm:: icon.

There is no such thing as a Hausa-Fulani. You are either Hausa or Fulani. You talk about the North's ignorance, however, it's quite apparent that the South is quite ignorant as well.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 13, 2016
Fulaman198:

::Facepalm:: icon.

There is no such thing as a Hausa-Fulani. You are either Hausa or Fulani. You talk about the North's ignorance, however, it's quite apparent that the South is quite ignorant as well.
Great. So let me re-phrase:
1) Hausa Muslims should BEND DOWN and learn wisdom from Yoruba Muslims.
2) Fulani Muslims should BEND DOWN and learn wisdom from Yoruba Muslims.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by IkpuMmadu: 7:42am On Jan 13, 2016
It is simple ..Yoruba Muslims are considered inferior Muslims

So why marry an inferior thing ?
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 8:24am On Jan 13, 2016
imhotep:

Great. So let me re-phrase:
1) Hausa Muslims should BEND DOWN and learn wisdom from Yoruba Muslims.
2) Fulani Muslims should BEND DOWN and learn wisdom from Yoruba Muslims.

How about we don't bend down since you didn't seem to have the necessary wisdom cheesy. I only bow down to my elders and to Geno(God/Allah).
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 8:25am On Jan 13, 2016
IkpuMmadu:
It is simple ..Yoruba Muslims are considered inferior Muslims

So why marry an inferior thing ?

Yoruba Muslims are not inferior, and whilst there are some fellow Northerners who may think so, in the Qu'ran, in Gods' eyes we are all the same regardless of our respective beliefs. God does not see anyone differently. Whether you are rich, whether you are poor, whether you are Fulani, whether you are Yoruba, whether you are blind, whether you can see, we are all equals.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 13, 2016
Fulaman198:

How about we don't bend down
You need to bend down. Ignorance is not helping your cause.

Fulaman198:

since you didn't seem to have the necessary wisdom cheesy.
^This is fallacious, a non-sequitur.

Fulaman198:

I only bow down to my elders and to Geno(God/Allah).
Good.
Bow down to God (All@h is an Arabic, colonizing importation).
Thereafter, BEND DOWN and learn wisdom from Yoruba Muslims.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by IkpuMmadu: 8:31am On Jan 13, 2016
Fulaman198:

Yoruba Muslims are not inferior, and whilst there are some fellow Northerners who may think so, in the Qu'ran, in Gods' eyes we are all the same regardless of our respective beliefs. God does not see anyone differently. Whether you are rich, whether you are poor, whether you are Fulani, whether you are Yoruba, whether you are blind, whether you can see, we are all equals.

It I
Is unfortunate but that is what it is .I was in Abuja the Fulani man was saying that even kogi and middle belt are not considered pure Muslim not to talk of Yoruba ..they call them almadiyya or something

The recent stampede in hajj Saudi saw that African Muslims are not even regarded in Arab world

So what are we talking here ...what we see daily

A yoruba man cannot lead or call for prayers in north or in an hausa dominated area even in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 8:52am On Jan 13, 2016
imhotep:

You need to bend down. Ignorance is not helping your cause.

^This is fallacious, a non-sequitur.

Good.
Bow down to God (All@h is an Arabic, colonizing importation).
Thereafter, BEND DOWN and learn wisdom from Yoruba Muslims.

Allah simply means God in Arabic, Just like Geno is God in the Fulani language of Fulfulde, I'm not 100% sure how to say God in Yoruba, but in Igbo I think it's Chukwu (an Igbo colleague of mine taught me that). God is how you say God in English, so I'm missing your point, unless if you are trying to imply that English is better than Arabic (which it's not).

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 8:57am On Jan 13, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

It I
Is unfortunate but that is what it is .I was in Abuja the Fulani man was saying that even kogi and middle belt are not considered pure Muslim not to talk of Yoruba ..they call them almadiyya or something

The recent stampede in hajj Saudi saw that African Muslims are not even regarded in Arab world

So what are we talking here ...what we see daily

A yoruba man cannot lead or call for prayers in north or in an hausa dominated area even in Lagos

I'm not as brainwashed as some of my Fulani brethren and trust me when I tell you I don't view Yorubas as less. I love all peoples of Nigeria. I love the Yorubas as well.

You are correct, Arabs do not regard us African Muslims at all in Saudi Arabia, and you know what, that's why I have no respect for the Saudis. Their land may be holy, but as a people, they are extremely rude and messed up. I don't respect them at all. I pay more respect to the Yorubas than I ever would to the Arabs of Arabi Saoudie. Arabs have never really liked Africans too much, that's just how it always has been. From the way they treat Nubians in Egypt to the way they think that Africans are not true Muslims. Yet, African Muslims are in my opinion (may Geno forgive me), better practising Muslims.

On Juma you would see Arabs pretending to be holy, then on other days, watch the way they behave. Some drink Alcohol, some go and have sex with many women, etc. etc.

Now i'm not the most religious man out there, but i'll tell you this, most people who practise their respective religion are hardcore hypocrites.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 13, 2016
Fulaman198:

Allah simply means God in Arabic, Just like Geno is God in the Fulani language of Fulfulde, I'm not 100% sure how to say God in Yoruba, but in Igbo I think it's Chukwu (an Igbo colleague of mine taught me that). God is how you say God in English, so I'm missing your point, unless if you are trying to imply that English is better than Arabic (which it's not).
Islam is as much a colonizing tool as Christianity is/was.
Muslims in the north have been living a massive lie for centuries

BEND DOWN and learn wisdom from Yoruba Muslims.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 9:25am On Jan 13, 2016
imhotep:

Islam is as much a colonizing tool as Christianity is/was.
Muslims in the north have been living a massive lie for centuries

BEND DOWN and learn wisdom from Yoruba Muslims.

Nonsense! Tufiakwa!

You do realise that Islam has been in the West African region for almost a thousand years more than Christianity.....(800 to be exact) so what you are saying is nonsensical at best. Some of the greatest African empires were all Muslim (The Songhai Empire, the Kanem-borno Empire, Sokoto Caliphate, the Tukulor Empire, The Mali Mande empire, etc. etc.) If they were as colonised as you say, why did they maintain their respective languages and ways.

With that said, it's ridiculous if you think we should bow down to Yoruba Muslims. For what purpose? Exactly what Wisdom will we be gaining? Enlighten me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by tonychristopher: 9:57am On Jan 13, 2016
Fulaman198:

I'm not as brainwashed as some of my Fulani brethren and trust me when I tell you I don't view Yorubas as less. I love all peoples of Nigeria. I love the Yorubas as well.

You are correct, Arabs do not regard us African Muslims at all in Saudi Arabia, and you know what, that's why I have no respect for the Saudis. Their land may be holy, but as a people, they are extremely rude and messed up. I don't respect them at all. I pay more respect to the Yorubas than I ever would to the Arabs of Arabi Saoudie. Arabs have never really liked Africans too much, that's just how it always has been. From the way they treat Nubians in Egypt to the way they think that Africans are not true Muslims. Yet, African Muslims are in my opinion (may Geno forgive me), better practising Muslims.

On Juma you would see Arabs pretending to be holy, then on other days, watch the way they behave. Some drink Alcohol, some go and have sex with many women, etc. etc.

Now i'm not the most religious man out there, but i'll tell you this, most people who practise their respective religion are hardcore hypocrites.

It is today that my admiration and the spect for you increased ...you are one Muslim that I have seen that calls a spade a spade and also from north

How I wish others will see that .

The first time I flew Emirates air ..I was drunk..too much brandy in the cabin same with ethihad

You are truthful ..pls be on that path

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 9:58am On Jan 13, 2016
tonychristopher:

It is today that my admiration and the spect for you increased ...you are one Muslim that I have seen that calls a spade a spade and also from north

How I wish others will see that .

Thanks my bro, but I believe with the advent of modern technology and the ability to read news, more and more people are becoming enlightened as to what is really going on. Africans won't be in the dark forever. Everyone has their day. We will one of these days reach there again.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by tonychristopher: 10:00am On Jan 13, 2016
Fulaman198:

Thanks my bro, but I believe with the advent of modern technology and the ability to read news, more and more people are becoming enlightened as to what is really going on. Africans won't be in the dark forever. Everyone has their day. We will one of these days reach there again.

Your absolutely correct but will African agree to be emancipatef?
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 10:17am On Jan 13, 2016
tonychristopher:

Your absolutely correct but will African agree to be emancipatef?

Not all, but those who really see the world for what it truly is will wake up. There are many enlightened Africans, but the brainwashed far outweigh the non-brainwashed
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by tonychristopher: 10:25am On Jan 13, 2016
Fulaman198:

Not all, but those who really see the world for what it truly is will wake up. There are many enlightened Africans, but the brainwashed far outweigh the non-brainwashed

That's the problem with us

How can Africans be killing each other because of imported religion whereas the ownswr of the religion don't mind .

Such a shame

Religion is in the mind

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 11:39am On Jan 13, 2016
tonychristopher:

That's the problem with us

How can Africans be killing each other because of imported religion whereas the ownswr of the religion don't mind .

Such a shame

Religion is in the mind

A lot of it is brainwashing, lack of education and what's going on around us.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by tonychristopher: 11:44am On Jan 13, 2016
Fulaman198:

A lot of it is brainwashing, lack of education and what's going on around us.

That's why Africa is so bleeped up

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by curi00: 5:48pm On Jan 13, 2016
Fulaman198:

I didn't know Hausa is the main language, you're lucky to speak Fulfulde because me I was born in France and grew up there, I can only speak French unfortunately.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by curi00: 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
Fulaman198:

Nonsense! Tufiakwa!

You do realise that Islam has been in the West African region for almost a thousand years more than Christianity.....(800 to be exact) so what you are saying is nonsensical at best. Some of the greatest African empires were all Muslim (The Songhai Empire, the Kanem-borno Empire, Sokoto Caliphate, the Tukulor Empire, The Mali Mande empire, etc. etc.) If they were as colonised as you say, why did they maintain their respective languages and ways.

With that said, it's ridiculous if you think we should bow down to Yoruba Muslims. For what purpose? Exactly what Wisdom will we be gaining? Enlighten me.

Exactly !!!
I saw so many non Africans muslims criticize Africans muslims for being muslims. They dont know Islam arrived in West Africa especially the the sahel region almost at the same time as Maghreb.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 6:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
curi00:

I didn't know Hausa is the main language, you're lucky to speak Fulfulde because me I was born in France and grew up there, I can only speak French unfortunately.

You should have some friends teach you how to speak Wolof (assuming you are Wolof). Start watching TV shows in only Wolof, etc. I think it's very important that Africans know their respective languages.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason / Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation / Hausa/Fulani Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Nigeria [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.