Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,387 members, 7,954,564 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? (63184 Views)

Hausa / Fulani Men (pictures) / Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage / Beautiful Hausa /fulani Girls ....( Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 9:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
DravenCreighton:

Lol! You don't need to sugar coat it, it feels forced, super dark complexioned skin will do. But yeah manute Bol, he sucked, see the thing with being tall is you don't even need to be a good player, imagine shaq hitting only One three pointer through out his career, dude couldn't even get a free throw right. Lol! Unlike most of the things we speculate about here, it's on record that the south Sudanese are the tallest people in the world.

There is no sugar coating here, I envy their beautiful skin. I know a lot of Nigerians view extremely dark skin as not beautiful. I personally do and wish I was as dark as them. Yep, it definitely is on the record that Southern Sudanese are the tallest people in the world.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fulaman198:

There is no sugar coating here, I envy their beautiful skin. I know a lot of Nigerians view extremely dark skin as not beautiful. I personally do and wish I was as dark as them. Yep, it definitely is on the record that Southern Sudanese are the tallest people in the world.

Yeah, nigerians are insecure about having dark skins, unfortunately they shouldn't, we must not use the standard of beauty of those who view us as lower animals as our own. That's your opinion, but I think you should love yourself as you are, God knows I love myself too much to ever try or wish to change anything about me. But your love for the "super dark skin" is admirable, you are indeed an intriguing lad.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 9:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
DravenCreighton:

Yeah, nigerians are insecure about having dark skins, unfortunately they shouldn't, we must not use the standard of beauty of those who view us as lower animals as our own. That's your opinion, but I think you should love yourself as you are, God knows I love myself too much to ever try or wish to change anything about me. But your love for the "super dark skin" is admirable, you are indeed an intriguing lad.

Not going to go into details about why I love super dark skin too much. Let's just say I once saw a very beautiful woman with huge behind and I'm glad she didn't catch me looking.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fulaman198:

It's been in Nigeria a whole lot longer than basketball though.

So has rugby cricket and other dumb "sports" no one gives a sh*t about anymore, I say do what you want, as long as you enjoy it.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fulaman198:

Not going to go into details about why I love super dark skin too much. Let's just say I once saw a very beautiful woman with huge behind and I'm glad she didn't catch me looking.

Lol! Apparently it has to do with evolution (if you believe that nonsense), darker skinned people tend to have larger behinds. But you understand what you're trying to say is you wish you had a super dark skin so you can have a huge behind right? Lool! nH (do people still say that?). But I think what you're trying to say is you lust after dark complexioned women because of their large behinds, not that you wished you were one yourself. Sort of a fetish.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 1:38am On Jun 27, 2015
DravenCreighton:

Lol! Apparently it has to do with evolution (if you believe that nonsense), darker skinned people tend to have larger behinds. But you understand what you're trying to say is you wish you had a super dark skin so you can have a huge behind right? Lool! nH (do people still say that?). But I think what you're trying to say is you lust after dark complexioned women because of their large behinds, not that you wished you were one yourself. Sort of a fetish.

that's not what I'm trying to say and I won't go into detail because I know you are a good Musulmi. I would not want to have a huge behind as a man. I just admire women with extreme dark smooth chocolate skin that do. Yes i lust after dark complexioned women and sometimes have strange fantasies about them but I won't talk about it on this Ramadan grin
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by eliethankyle: 10:08am On Jul 01, 2015
Nigeria’s three largest ethnic groups, the Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba, and Igbo. Most Hausa are Muslims engaged in agriculture, commerce, and small-scale industry. The Ooni of Ife is the spiritual head of the Yoruba.

muslim matchmaking service
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by kaura5000: 12:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
eliethankyle:
Nigeria’s three largest ethnic groups, the Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba, and Igbo. Most Hausa are Muslims engaged in agriculture, commerce, and small-scale industry. The Ooni of Ife is the spiritual head of the Yoruba.
muslim matchmaking service
so dangote,abdulsamad and thousand of hausa engaged in small scale trading to you? Nothing like hausafulani you are either hausa or fulani

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by curi00: 1:00am On Dec 18, 2015
Hey,

I found your question kind of weird.
I dont understand why Hausa-Fulani is always put together.
Fulani have their own identity and they are in several African countries while Hausa is just in Nigeria.
I was born in France and still live there, my origins are senegalese/mauritanian (sorry for my bad english) and before surfing on web, I've never heard about Hausa.
From what I learnt, many Fulani and Hausa did intermarry with each others, both are muslims and live on northern Nigeria but there is nothing special about that because I can say the same thing for Serer-Fulani in Senegal, Fulani-Malinke in Guinea, etc...but they are not seen as one group.

Anytime you're asked, which tribe you are from, most of time you just say your father tribe even if your mother is from another tribe but I've seen many nigerians saying hausa-fulani as it is one group.

Here are my questions, do all Nigerians see Hausa-Fulani as one tribe ?
Are they aware this "new identity" is only limited to Nigeria because outside Fulani are completly their own group even if they did intermarry with others tribes ?

Thank you for your answers

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by curi00: 1:03am On Dec 18, 2015
kaura5000:
so dangote,abdulsamad and thousand of hausa engaged in small scale trading to you? Nothing like hausafulani you are either hausa or fulani

That's what I'm surprise about, why always put Hausa/Fulani as it is one group
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 2:53am On Dec 18, 2015
curi00:
Hey,

I found your question kind of weird.
I dont understand why Hausa-Fulani is always put together.
Fulani have their own identity and they are in several African countries while Hausa is just in Nigeria.
I was born in France and still live there, my origins are senegalese/mauritanian (sorry for my bad english) and before surfing on web, I've never heard about Hausa.
From what I learnt, many Fulani and Hausa did intermarry with each others, both are muslims and live on northern Nigeria but there is nothing special about that because I can say the same thing for Serer-Fulani in Senegal, Fulani-Malinke in Guinea, etc...but they are not seen as one group.

Anytime you're asked, which tribe you are from, most of time you just say your father tribe even if your mother is from another tribe but I've seen many nigerians saying hausa-fulani as it is one group.

Here are my questions, do all Nigerians see Hausa-Fulani as one tribe ?
Are they aware this "new identity" is only limited to Nigeria because outside Fulani are completly their own group even if they did intermarry with others tribes ?

Thank you for your answers

Just a little correction, hausas are found all over West to central Africa, not just Nigeria.

But you were spot on.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by curi00: 1:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

Just a little correction, hausas are found all over West to central Africa, not just Nigeria.

But you were spot on.

Thanks for that.
I didnt know that at all. Could you precise me were Hausa are in west/central Africa. I saw they are in Cameroon as well
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
curi00:

Thanks for that.
I didnt know that at all. Could you precise me were Hausa are in west/central Africa. I saw they are in Cameroon as well

Ghana, Côte d voire, Togo, Sudan, Niger and even saudi to name a few.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by curi00: 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

Ghana, Côte d voire, Togo, Sudan, Niger and even saudi to name a few.

Ok thank you
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
curi00:

Ok thank you

You're welcome my pullo brother.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by HopeAtHand: 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

You're welcome my pullo brother.

Besides changing moniker like clothes, you did pretty well in this thread.Why do you deactivate your monikers??
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 19, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Besides changing moniker like clothes, you did pretty well in this thread.Why do you deactivate your monikers??

what do you mean changing monikers like clothes?
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nooruddyne: 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
The Reason Why You Said Your Origin Is Senegalese/mauritanian Is Desame Reason Why Some People Said Are Hausa Fulanis.You Can Not Separate Them.They Are Living In Desame Location Many Years,intermarriages,religion,politics Are all desame.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by curi00: 11:53am On Jan 11, 2016
Nooruddyne:
The Reason Why You Said Your Origin Is Senegalese/mauritanian Is Desame Reason Why Some People Said Are Hausa Fulanis.You Can Not Separate Them.They Are Living In Desame Location Many Years,intermarriages,religion,politics Are all desame.
When I say I am Senegalese/Mauritanian, I dont make it like it's the same country while some nigerians act like fulani and hausa are the same tribe. I'm part fulani, we dont have hausa in Senegal, Mali, Guinea, Mauritania, etc...
People can identify with both tribes of course because admixture can be very interesting but when it comes to talk about tribes specifically, they should be separated because they are not the same, they dont share the same ancestors, history, culture, language.
Fulani are in many countries and they intermarry with many tribes. Although they do have common points with others tribes just like they have with hausa about religion, location, etc...all of this does not make them one tribe, they are still different tribes.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
curi00:

When I say I am Senegalese/Mauritanian, I dont make it like it's the same country while some nigerians act like fulani and hausa are the same tribe. I'm part fulani, we dont have hausa in Senegal, Mali, Guinea, Mauritania, etc...
People can identify with both tribes of course because admixture can be very interesting but when it comes to talk about tribes specifically, they should be separated because they are not the same, they dont share the same ancestors, history, culture, language.
Fulani are in many countries and they intermarry with many tribes. Although they do have common points with others tribes just like they have with hausa about religion, location, etc...all of this does not make them one tribe, they are still different tribes.

lol! welcome to Nigeria, though i blame your brothers for stealing our culture language and even name (they're not the only ones, nupes, kanuris and other northern nigerian minority ethnicities do that as well). i dont have any prejudice against them though. but its like you said, different ancestor, culture, language and even history. come to think of it, what do we have in common?

to nooruddyne, Mauritanian or Senegalese are nationalities, hausa and fulani are ethnicities, theres a difference. where are you from, you're definitely not hausa are you?
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by curi00: 2:45pm On Jan 11, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

lol! welcome to Nigeria, though i blame your brothers for stealing our culture language and even name (they're not the only ones, nupes, kanuris and other northern nigerian minority ethnicities do that as well). i dont have any prejudice against them though. but its like you said, different ancestor, culture, language and even history. come to think of it, what do we have in common?

Changing culture and name happens all time unfortunately, it's not stealing it's integration. And I saw many Hausa claiming Fulani as well.
We have just in common religion and location like in many others Africans countries with different tribes. I dont know why some Nigerians act like these similiraties are special maybe because Nigeria is not a muslim country so they put the 2 muslims tribes together.
If we were acting like some Nigerians in Senegal, almost all tribes would become one, because most of tribes are muslims, they have lived and intermarried with each others for several centuries. So what are they the same because of that, never heard such a thing.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 11, 2016
curi00:

Changing culture and name happens all time unfortunately, it's not stealing it's integration. And I saw many Hausa claiming Fulani as well.
We have just in common religion and location like in many others Africans countries with different tribes. I dont know why some Nigerians act like these similiraties are special maybe because Nigeria is not a muslim country so they put the 2 muslims tribes together.
If we were acting like some Nigerians in Senegal, almost all tribes would become one, because most of tribes are muslims, they have lived and intermarried with each others for several centuries. So what are they the same because of that, never heard such a thing.

you cant even begin to fathom how much that word buggers me!

and seriously? hausas claiming fulani? thats a new one. besides, thats gotta be awkward, we dont even look like you.

and there are dozens of muslim ethnic groups in nigeria, like kanuris, nupes, igala, etc but youre right, everyone just calls them hausa, heck if youre from the north youre hausa. its annoying AF! worst part is when they dont correct them.

anyways, what matters is at least we know we're not the same, no matter how much they try to cram us together.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by curi00: 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

and seriously? hausas claiming fulani? thats a new one. besides, thats gotta be awkward, we dont even look like you.

and there are dozens of muslim ethnic groups in nigeria, like kanuris, nupes, igala, etc but youre right, everyone just calls them hausa, heck if youre from the north youre hausa. its annoying AF! worst part is when they dont correct them.

anyways, what matters is at least we know we're not the same, no matter how much they try to cram us together.

Every tribe has a distinctive look so of course we dont look alike but sometimes it doest not mean anything because even inside a tribe people are different.

I would say we are all Africans with our differences. Knowing your tribe is good as long as there is no division among people.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2016
curi00:

Every tribe has a distinctive look so of course we dont look alike but sometimes it doest not mean anything because even inside a tribe people are different.

I would say we are all Africans with our differences. Knowing your tribe is good as long as there is no division among people.

I rather believe in division without prejudice.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by tpiah2: 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2016
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by curi00: 5:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
tpiah2:

What you are saying is you want Fulanis in Nigeria to be separate from the Hausas.
not at all!!!!!!!!!!!!! where I said that ? dont interpret just read the words
All I say there is no Hausa/Fulani as one tribe. Hausa and Fulani are both unique groups and people can identify with both of them without make it one.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by tpiah2: 5:40pm On Jan 11, 2016
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 6:55pm On Jan 11, 2016
If curi00 is from Senegal/Mauritania, chances are that he/she is from Fouta Tooro leydi. Fouta Tooro extends from Senegal into Mauritania.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 6:58pm On Jan 11, 2016
curi00:

not at all!!!!!!!!!!!!! where I said that ? dont interpret just read the words
All I say there is no Hausa/Fulani as one tribe. Hausa and Fulani are both unique groups and people can identify with both of them without make it one.

Yes that is true. The Hausa and Fulani in Nigeria know that we are two separate groups. However, many other groups in Nigeria bunch us together for political reasons even though both cultures are quite different.

Hausa BTW are found in Niger Republic, Nigeria, Cameroon, Sudan, Burkina Faso, Ghana and Côte D'Ivoire. Whereas Fulani are found in just about every country in the Sahel belt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Wannan gaskiya ne
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by Fulaman198(m): 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2016
curi00:

Senegal is actually in a very interesting state. You know of Wolofinisation right? Wolof is becoming the main language that everyone speaks taking precedence over Pulaar/Fulfulde, Serer and the few Mande languages in Senegal.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? by curi00: 8:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
Fulaman198:
If curi00 is from Senegal/Mauritania, chances are that he/she is from Fouta Tooro leydi. Fouta Tooro extends from Senegal into Mauritania.
Fouta Toro in Senegal, Mandingo as well
Maure Darmanko in Mauritania

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Who Visited Emir Sanusi’s Library In Kano Is Shocked (Photos) / Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.