Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend (41297 Views)

Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched / The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken / Comprehensive List Of Animals In Igbo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by OneNaira6: 9:22pm On Mar 05, 2015
Peppyluv:
If you want a war,go to Imo thread and face chino,he is a good match for you. Hypocrite,how many times have you confronted the Imolites on this forum Abagoro and co ,even off line that unnecessarily bash Anambra people, an attitude I try to ignore these days because it seems it will never stop. you are not from Imo but you are so pained because I'm from Anambra!if I was Enugu or another state you would ignore but once you hear Anambra your fingers will itch. Kwanyere Isi ocha gi Ugwu!
Did you even write WAEC? Nonsense...

Peppy luv wetin kwa? Nwanyi chill your temper. Apologize and move on since you offended her. By the argument, you can sense she felt like you attacked her abd her ppl. Stop the fighting and just apologize
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by ChinenyeN(m): 9:29pm On Mar 05, 2015
pazienza:
OEM! Ngwa chinenyeN, na-aria ahu nghota. Ya bu Ngwa ederede ChinenyeN na-enye m isi mgbaka ma nchoro igu ya. Anaghi m aghota ya ma-oli.

ChinenyeN, iga egbukwa mmadu o! *ochi*

Eehhhn.. I choro ima njakiri. Heheh. L'ezi, ihe m na-ede abukwaghi Ngwa kpom kwem. Eche m sef la edemede m di fere fere. Olee otu o g'iji araa unu ahu la nghota?
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by tonychristopher: 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

There is no doubt that some misguided Igbos outside of igbo land find it difficult to speak igbo when they meet one another, irrespective of state origins. I just can't stand the clannish tone of that post.
eziokwu ka ikwuru mana peppyluv dikwa correct

Peppyluv bu ezigbo Nwanyi mara ihe

I will give you an example
I went to a conference in Budapest I met this guy doing security in department store i knew he was igbo but he was trying to form and me I came for shopping ...in eastern Europe he was speaking gonna wanna ...I just ignored him

The monkey was fronting eastern African ..this was octoberr last year

But Biko peppyluv but ezigbo madu

You will like her and her bluntly

Umunwanyi unu esika ..:mesie
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by ChinenyeN(m): 9:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
Unu si m kwuo ya odo? O buru la unu g'ido ndoli, kunyere onwe unu ugwu doo ya l'Igbo. Bekee na unu na-agbofuta agbofuta sef. Hmph.
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by Ihuomadinihu: 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2015
tonychristopher:
eziokwu ka ikwuru mana peppyluv dikwa correct

Peppyluv bu ezigbo Nwanyi mara ihe

I will give you an example
I went to a conference in Budapest I met this guy doing security in department store i knew he was igbo but he was trying to form and me I came for shopping ...in eastern Europe he was speaking gonna wanna ...I just ignored him

The monkey was fronting eastern African ..this was octoberr last year

But Biko peppyluv but ezigbo madu

You will like her and her bluntly

Umunwanyi unu esika ..:mesie
The 'wanna gonna' syndrome is a good way of identifying Igbos living outside of Igboland. I know lots of people especially Mbaise,Oguta and Owerri that have put so much efforts in teaching their Kids. Her claims are simply unfounded.
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by tonychristopher: 9:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
Peppyluv:
Let her get angry and insult me,truth is bitter and I'll keep saying it. Majority of Igbos prefer to speak English but they are more guilty.

Omalicha
Asa. Nwa
Enenebe eje olu
Enebe ukwu

Ogini si...ozugo

Ina anu nwanne m

Kedu okeipku

Chefuo

Kedu ije

Ada anambra

Nwanyi oma

Ntusie gi afa

Gbado anya

But wait how can they say that igbo is dying we have the longest thread on niaraland and its in igbo and in that thread we speak igbo and it has been running for years

Ndi be anyi eke ne m
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
OneNaira6:

Peppy luv wetin kwa? Nwanyi chill your temper. Apologize and move on since you offended her. By the argument, you can sense she felt like you attacked her abd her ppl. Stop the fighting and just apologize

I owe no one an apology for saying the truth. I said majority of Igbos are guilty but its common with them. The same hypocrite have never confronted the imolites who go to their thread to insult us or the Imo guy who once opened a thread to call Anambra boys drugpushers, a crime other Igbos and tribes are guilty of. Till the thread ended i didn't see anyone asking the guy to apologise. Or the Imo girl who joined girls from other tribes to insult Anambra boys saying they are illiterates that's why they don't marry from other tribes. You and i know its not true. Its not a hidden fact that they dislike us but i don't argue with them anymore.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by Ihuomadinihu: 9:43pm On Mar 05, 2015
Peppyluv:

I owe no one an apology for saying the truth. I said majority of Igbos are guilty but its common with them. The same hypocrite have never confronted the imolites who go to their thread to insult us or the Imo guy who once opened a thread to call Anambra boys drugpushers, a crime other Igbos and tribes are guilty of. Till the thread ended i didn't see anyone asking the guy to apologise. Or the Imo girl who joined girls from other tribes to insult Anambra boys saying they are illiterates that's why they don't marry from other tribes. You and i know its not true. Its not a hidden fact that they dislike us but i don't argue with them anymore.
Biko,meshie onu gi. It's all in your head! Why should i jump into controversial threads to appease you? You still can't justify your claims till tomorrow. It's very clear you are hurt and spilling your anger on this thread!
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by tonychristopher: 9:44pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

The 'wanna gonna' syndrome is a good way of identifying Igbos living outside of Igboland. I know lots of people especially Mbaise,Oguta and Owerri that have put so much efforts in teaching their Kids. Her claims are simply unfounded.

Don't say unfounded cos she talks from expirence

I am an anambra man born raised in imo and married delta igbo and I know the shortcomings of these places but one thing is that anambra are proud of their culture and language and I think imo are proud of their heritage but a bit relaxed on tgeir language due to many dialect like uguta mbise ohaji orlu even okigwe

So what we should do is encourage igbo
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by tonychristopher: 9:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Biko,meshie onu gi. It's all in your head! Why should i jump into controversial threads to appease you? You still can't justify your claims till tomorrow. It's very clear you are hurt and spilling your anger on this thread!

Nne

ozugo biko maka ndiofe na agu ihe a

Mezie nu

Ma obu jiri igbo debe ya

Maka chukwu
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by emmysoftyou: 9:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
Peppyluv:
You are the one messing your life up and I don't give a fvck where you are from.

yu re the one derailing frm the topic of this thread,
if yu want unity of ndigbo dnt point a finger to a particular state or tribes..
we re igbos and nutin differentiate us except bit differences in our dialects and communications..

The thread said igbo language re gradually going into extinctions and yu re here pointing fingers to an imo or abia most common there, and yu said yu dnt like the e war going on with anambra nd imo in imo thread..
did yu read what yu wrote b4 posting it ?
Though i knw u re speaking frm experience but two imo victims including ur inlaws cant make yu commit fallacy of hasty generalization.

what if i tell yu the opposite,wil i judge the whole/most anambrarians for that? no

so nxt time,be an igbo girl first b4 yur state..
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by Ihuomadinihu: 9:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
tonychristopher:

I am an anambra man born raised in imo and married delta igbo and I know the shortcomings of these places but one thing is that anambra are proud of their culture and language and I think imo are proud of their heritage but a bit relaxed on tgeir language due to many dialect like uguta mbise ohaji orlu even okigwe

Experience is not fact! If you truly grew up in Imo then you should know that Igbo is widely spoken from offices to classrooms. Which igbo state isn't proud of their culture/heritage? I wonder how people view encounters as facts and truth!
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
Fvck off! Dislike you because I have something to gain or lose? Arlusi iyi!

Ihuomadinihu:

Just shut up! You only jumped into this thread to write how you dislike a group of people. You simply have no evidence or result to back up your rubbish claims. Efulefu!
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by tonychristopher: 9:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
Peppyluv:

Ada be anyi ...biko ozugo

You said the fact but let's assume that whatever bit us in the night is mosquito

iwe nwanne adighi
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by Ihuomadinihu: 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2015
Peppyluv:
Fvck off! Dislike you because I have something to gain or lose? Arlusi iyi!

No! You dislike Imo people or anyone remotely connected to Imo. Mgbe mbu kwanu,how would you gain or lose when you have nothing to contribute. Onye ara!
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2015
Je nwuru...who cares whatever thread you jump into. Agadi ekwe nka!

Ihuomadinihu:

Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by tonychristopher: 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Experience is not fact! If you truly grew up in Imo then you should know that Igbo is widely spoken from offices to classrooms. Which igbo state isn't proud of their culture/heritage? I wonder how people view encounters as facts and truth!

I am an owerri boy to the core and owerri made me and what you should. Know is that you and peppyluv isn't doing us any good

Biko nu kwusi okonu

Ogini di

Anyi ncha bu ofu

Ifele na emesi m

Mesie nu

Umunwanyi esika
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by tonychristopher: 9:58pm On Mar 05, 2015
Peppyluv:

Ozugo nne

Ogini ?

Kwusi ife ina eme
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
OneNaira6:

The same way it affected yoruba ' s decline of intelligence and wealth. Shouldn't you be in the street agbero. Na who dash you phone? That your Oga wey dash you phone and mins should be hanged. Beggers like yourselves should be left to suffer tey tey. Ewu!!! Yoruba monkey
See ur life So pathetic. May God grant all ur wicked wish 2 u in Jesus name.
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by tonychristopher: 10:03pm On Mar 05, 2015
emmysoftyou:
yu re the one derailing frm the topic of this thread,
if yu want unity of ndigbo dnt point a finger to a particular state or tribes..
we re igbos and nutin differentiate us except bit differences in our dialects and communications..

The thread said igbo language re gradually going into extinctions and yu re here pointing fingers to an imo or abia most common there, and yu said yu dnt like the e war going on with anambra nd imo in imo thread..
did yu read what yu wrote b4 posting it ?
Though i knw u re speaking frm experience but two imo victims including ur inlaws cant make yu commit fallacy of hasty generalization.

what if i tell yu the opposite,wil i judge the whole/most anambrarians for that? no

so nxt time,be an igbo girl first b4 yur state..

Nice submission

Reconcile the two umu ada igbo

It's natural with women

Ka chi foo nu
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by emmysoftyou: 10:03pm On Mar 05, 2015
OneNaira6:

No offense ihuoma but peppy is right. Most of the Igbo kids near my area whose parents are so keen not to teach their language to their kids are predominately from imo state. I don't think she was attacking you and ppl from imo. I think she was just announcing her observation.
her observation cannot be her generalization,a lot of anambrarians re lagos and kano,
guilty of what she saying too,
the question is that,does she has the statistic to back up her statement? No
so it s null and void
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by Ihuomadinihu: 10:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
tonychristopher:

I am an owerri boy to the core and owerri made me and what you should. Know is that you and peppyluv isn't doing us any good

Biko nu kwusi okonu

Ogini di

Anyi ncha bu ofu

Ifele na emesi m

Mesie nu

Umunwanyi esika
Nsogbu adighi, am even more disappointed at you for supporting something that should have been outrightly condemned. She quickly brought up the stupid clannish accusations as a result of random experiences. O bu odiri agwa mere ndi ozo ji achiri ndi igbo ochi. Ihe obu otu anyi ga esi e bi na biafra? I recently saw a thread where a Yoruba girl accused Igbos esp Anambra of not marrying outside their tribe. I purposely stayed away cos to me, Anambra is a part of me,part of my race. I have my experiences but i will always respect igbos irrespective of origins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by emmysoftyou: 10:05pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Her observations are her personal experiences. I equally have my experiences but it is not a fact. How many of you have been to Imo state or how many of you have encountered and met all diasporian Imo people.
gbam
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by tonychristopher: 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2015
ChinenyeN:
Unu si m kwuo ya odo? O buru la unu g'ido ndoli, kunyere onwe unu ugwu doo ya l'Igbo. Bekee na unu na-agbofuta agbofuta sef. Hmph.

Eziokwu ka ikwuru

Nwa Ngwa
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by Ihuomadinihu: 10:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
Peppyluv:

Nwata nzuzu.
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by tonychristopher: 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Nsogbu adighi, am even more disappointed at you for supporting something that should have been outrightly condemned. She quickly brought up the stupid clannish accusations as a result of random experiences. O bu odiri agwa mere ndi ozo ji achiri ndi igbo ochi. Ihe obu otu anyi ga esi e bi na biafra? I have my experiences but i will always respect igbos irrespective of origins.

Nwanyioma imele ofumma. And what you should know in life is t&at wherever there is peace there are people that overlook

You will like peppyluv ..she is an intelligent woman just like you ..you have the same attitude

Dont worry she is my nne oma I know her she will be your $friend

Iwe oka na ewe gi?
Ichoro ita okpa ewu?

Nwayo biko

Kedu peppyluv m

Ozugo biko

Ngwa mesie nu
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by tonychristopher: 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Nwata nzuzu.

Kwusi ya

Jee bie nwanne gi Nwanyi oma

Peppyluv bie ihuoma oma

Ka Udo chia

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

No! You dislike Imo people or anyone remotely connected to Imo. Mgbe mbu kwanu,how would you gain or lose when you have nothing to contribute. Onye ara!
fool after using your other moniker to bash Anambra,you use this to preach peace. ndi b'unu nile bu ndi ara. i'll keep saying it that most Igbo people are not proud of their language but Imo takes the lead. je nwuru
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Nwata nzuzu.
Agadi ekwe nka
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by emmysoftyou: 10:18pm On Mar 05, 2015
tonychristopher:

the igbos scatter all over nigeria and the world,
is anambra not much or part of them?
Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by Ihuomadinihu: 10:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
Peppyluv:
fool after using your other moniker to bash Anambra,you use this to preach peace. ndi b'unu nile bu ndi ara. i'll keep saying it that most Igbo people are not proud of their language but Imo takes the lead. je nwuru
Don't let your stupid hatred for Imo people kill you. Anu ohia! I joined this forum last year and this is my only account. I have so much to do,bashing my people is really the least of my priorities. Onye iberibe!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend by tonychristopher: 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Nwata nzuzu.

Bienu oma

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures / Olowo Of Owo, Folagbade Olateru-olagbegi Has Died / Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.