Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) (53188 Views)

Tired Looking Traffic Warden Sleeping At A Junction In Abuja (Photos) / Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off / Car Accident Along Games Village Expressway Abuja - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Xerum(m): 7:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
@bushdoc9919

The problem is....we do have a service delivery issue in this country....and it needs sorting out.

Everywhere in Nigeria...hundreds of people lose their temper unnecessarily because they do not get the right kind of assistance from company XVF

I completely agree with you bro on the extremely poor services / assistance and all that.

But this guy definitely went way too far. Look, if he would check the terms and conditions on his ticket, it is clearly stated what the consequencies and his rights are even when the airlines are found to be at fault. And I definitely can tell you it does not include endangering his life and the lives of others in the manner he had done.

In a sane society, he would never have access to cause such security breach. That is part of the issue we should be looking at, he resorted to such, with the same Naija mentality of “do you know who I am” and I am untouchable.

And all the others on the flight? What have they done to deserve him putting them through inconveniences cos he lost his temper? That might be part of the reasons we are where we are as a people in Nigeria, too many people losing their tempers at the wrong places.

We deserve to have better roads too, i.e. Lagos – Ibadan express road, why hasn’t he gone to stand on the express road to protest the fact that the people responsible have not provided the right services they should be providing to the populace?

In developed countries, do you know how much it costs airlines financially each time they miss their slot?

2 Likes

Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2015
Xerum:
@bushdoc9919

I completely agree with you bro on the extremely poor services / assistance and all that.

But this guy definitely went way too far. Look, if he would check the terms and conditions on his ticket, it is clearly stated what the consequencies and his rights are even when the airlines are found to be at fault. And I definitely can tell you it does not include endangering his life and the lives of others in the manner he had done.

In a sane society, he would never have access to cause such security breach. That is part of the issue we should be looking at, he has resort to such, with the same Naija mentality of “do you know who I am” and I am untouchable.

And all the others on the flight? What have they done to deserve him putting them through inconveniences cos he lost his temper? That might be part of the reasons we are where we are as a people in Nigeria, too many people losing their tempers at the wrong places.

We deserve to have better roads too, i.e. Lagos – Ibadan express road, why hasn’t he gone to stand on the express road to protest the fact that the people responsible have not provided the right services they should be providing to the populace?

In developed countries, do you know how much it costs airlines financially each time they miss their slot?

In a sane society....he won't have had poor service delivery in the first place?!

And if there was any problem.....he would have been promptly offered an alternative solution.

Now something tells me Arik did neither.

Just now in Benue...hundreds of young people are protesting at JAMB office. Because of poor service delivery. Do you think that was their original intention(to get violent) when they entered that office area this am.?

We have to complain more in this country. Or else....tomorrow it might be far more than just one man standing in the middle of the runway.

4 Likes

Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
slimfit1:
That man should be giving hero's welcome.
great but it is given though. grin
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by sunnyflakes(m): 8:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
ONE MAN PROTEST!!!
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by blakky97(m): 8:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
fsk1:
You are hereby automatically declared a member of the association of nairaland BIGOTS(ANB).
thanks a million
I wanted to reply him but I realised hes less than a nit wit. he needs a brain transplant. at least let him step up to the level of a donkey before he starts getting replies.
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
passenger Cedar Chiwuba don take style become popular by writing his full names oh grin

ehen! meanwhile. kudos to that 'brave ' passenger. I will be the next to do such stunt cos our air transport service is poor. they treat us like trash maybe because we are in Nigeria and law suits don't really work.
it's now their habit to change flight time anyhow with no compensation.

1 Like

Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by bid4rich(m): 8:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
kelitacliff:
It's only here in naija we see this kind of things happening

Why is it that we Nigerians are too quick to condemn country? If it happens in UK or France, you would not have say such.
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Georgville(m): 8:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
Delayed flight for 2 hours? I don't believe it.. I'm not doubting he delayed d flight, but a single for 2 HOURS?...na lie.. Not possible. #youmustnotexagerate.

1 Like

Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Georgville(m): 8:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
Delayed flight for 2 hours? I don't believe it.. I'm not doubting he delayed d flight, but for 2 HOURS?...na lie.. Not possible. #youmustnotexagerate.
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Laid2001: 8:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
because we have spineless government that can not control the companies and the populace!

RevDesmondJuju:
No be ab0ki?

This is how another mallam breached airport security to start throwing stones on a KLM flight that was on the ramp because the airline refused to sell ticket to him after he was insulting their staff in their ticketing office in Nicon.

This is just to show the level of impunity these ignoramus bastards operate and break the laws because at the end of the day they will never be arrested or let go.
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by jude33084(m): 8:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
tinkinjow:
Fine arik may not run the desired kind of operations, but the passenger has surely gone overboard and may be ban from flying. Airlines have right to cancel flght, the issue should be what redress should the passenger seek as a result...surely one of them is not running to stop flights...he may regret that for the rest of his life.

Redress my As555
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
Laid2001:
because we have spineless government that can not control the companies and the populace!

Nonsense

Flight cancellations and delays are a reoccuring incidence globally

How does this concern govt?

1 Like

Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Afromano: 8:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
Lol. First it was the cows that pulled this funny runway stunt. And Now its the shepherds cowerds themselves .... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
[size=20pt]WHY SHOULD A WHITE MAN BE THE CAPTAIN WHEN WE HAVE COMPETENT LOCAL NIGERIAN PILOTS. THINGS LIKE THIS MAKE ME SAD.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Afromano: 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
shadowgwalker:
passenger Cedar Chiwuba don take style become popular by writing his full names oh grin

ehen! meanwhile. kudos to that 'brave ' passenger. I will be the next to do such stunt cos our air transport service is poor. they treat us like trash maybe because we are in Nigeria and law suits don't really work.

OK. But pls promise me you'll at least be more creative with ur protest. Maybe hold a Packard so we can understand exactly what you want to correct. Oh and You may also wee wee on the runway as a sign of utter displeasure with the development
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Afromano: 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
shadowgwalker:

OK. But pls promise me you'll at least be more creative with ur protest. Maybe hold a Packard so we can understand exactly what you want to correct. Oh and You may also wee wee on the runway as a sign of utter displeasure with stuff
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
icebeatz:
[size=20pt]WHY SHOULD A WHITE MAN BE THE CAPTAIN WHEN WE HAVE COMPETENT LOCAL NIGERIAN PILOTS. THINGS LIKE THIS MAKE ME SAD.[/size]
It's really sad. I read a report that said about 800 Nigerian pilots are unemployed. And some of those pilots attended aviation schools in the US and Canada.
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Afromano: 9:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
icebeatz:
maybe because Nigerians don't trust Nigerians yet smiley
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Afromano: 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2015
bid4rich:

Why is it that we Nigerians are too quick to condemn country? If it happens in UK or France, you would not have say such.
OK this is the equation; IF NIGERIA TREATS NIGERIANS LIKE TRASH, THEN NIGERIANS ARE SURE TO TREAT NIGERIA LIKE TRASH

Would you be proud of/support/boast of a father or mother who abandoned you at birth, maltreats you on a daily, and leaves you at the mercy of fate or chance?

This is why I don't particularly blame Nigerians for not repping Naija.
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by loomer: 9:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
otiigba1:
Rubbish! Security threath for who? People protest all the time in the same manner here in England,moreover if an airline should cancel your flight here in england without tangible reasons and without at least 24 hours notice, expect an apology and a substantial amount of compensation

The person go go stand for runway say him de protest?

1 Like

Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by otiigba1(m): 9:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
loomer:

The person go go stand for runway say him de protest?
yes! All the time even worst than that
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by loomer: 9:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
otiigba1:
yes! All the time even worst than that

Me no know aha, but you know say for this period wey naija de hot, dem fit change am for the man head
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 9:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
Nobody get hin time or that of any passenger grin on the agenda now is Election 2015 ....na so like joke .....like joke bomb go detonate. This one wey security den all go sleep so ....issorite undecided
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by klevajey: 9:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
tinkinjow:
Fine arik may not run the desired kind of operations, but the passenger has surely gone overboard and may be ban from flying. Airlines have right to cancel flght, the issue should be what redress should the passenger seek as a result...surely one of them is not running to stop flights...he may regret that for the rest of his life.

my guy, keep quiet
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by anitank(f): 9:51pm On Mar 02, 2015
His flight to Sokoto was delayed for long hours and eventually cancelled without any proper explanations from Arik management

He had every damn right to go gaga!!!

3 Likes

Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by zeongeon: 9:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
This is your average descendant of uthman dan fodio.

This is the only behaviour they understand.

Do you know the embarrasment this goat farker has caused the nation as a whole?
ShUt ur mouth or better still cut ur fingers if u have nothing reasonable to type. That man is brave and his bravery u won't even have in yrs to come probably till u end ur stay here on earth.
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by ohzee(f): 10:23pm On Mar 02, 2015
bushdoc9919:

The problem is....we do have a service delivery issue in this country....and it needs sorting out.

Everywhere in Nigeria...hundreds of people lose their temper unnecessarily because they do not get the right kind of assistance from company XVF.

The solution to most of our woes in Nigeria is an up and doing judiciary and professional police that can investigate crime. Finish. Once the companies know they can be sued, they will shape up instantly. Our JUDICIARY is COMATOSE and CORRUPT. They should wake up

1 Like

Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by bid4rich(m): 10:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
Afromano:
OK this is the equation; IF NIGERIA TREATS NIGERIANS LIKE TRASH, THEN NIGERIANS ARE SURE TO TREAT NIGERIA LIKE TRASH

Would you be proud of/support/boast of a father or mother who abandoned you at birth, maltreats you on a daily, and leaves you at the mercy of fate or chance?

This is why I don't particularly blame Nigerians for not repping Naija.

I understand where you are coming from. There is no point throwing stones at a tree that has no fruit
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:49pm On Mar 02, 2015
DJMCOTTY:
He should have prevented a plane from landing........
yes that would have been better the Prevented plane could have sued the Airport for its delays
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by otokx(m): 12:11am On Mar 03, 2015
Interesting
Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by nkkystel(f): 12:46am On Mar 03, 2015
Nna eh! I like the man style.
grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) by Adminisher: 1:54am On Mar 03, 2015
kelitacliff:
It's only here in naija we see this kind of things happening

Nope. US Airways and almighty Delta do their own rubbish in the US. However blocking the runway is the most dangerous thing you can do in some countries. The TSA bullet that will take you out will go straight to your head and you won't feel anything.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Xenophobia: Nigerians Board A Bus To South African Airport, Set To Return Home / This Is The Major Reason Why Pilots Dump Fuel Before Landing. (PHOTOS) / Ikorodu Pedestrian Bridge Collapses (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.