Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter (27292 Views)

American Pastor,Creflo Dollar Arrested For Stealing Church Funds To Buy Mansion / Man Shot Dead At Creflo Dollar's World Changer's Church / Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 08, 2012
Police arrest Creflo Dollar ,Georgia megachurch pastor after attack on Daughter

Megachurch pastor Creflo Dollar was arrested in suburban Atlanta for an alleged assault on his 15-year-old daughter, police said Friday.

Deputies in Georgia's Fayette County responded to a call about a domestic disturbance about 1 a.m. Friday. Dollar's daughter said she argued with her father over attending a party, said Investigator Brent Rowan of the Fayette County Sheriff's Office.

The daughter says the argument got physical.

She told the deputies that her father charged her, put his hands around her throat and began to choke her, according to a police report. She said he then slammed her to the ground, punched her and beat her with his shoe.

Dollar's daughter was able to get away and dial 911, Rowan said.

Deputies noticed a scratch on the daughter's neck and arrested Dollar on charges of simple battery, family violence and child cruelty.

Deputies also spoke with another daughter, 19, who corroborated her sister's account of what happened.

Dollar was booked into the Fayette County jail early Friday. A judge set his bail at $5,000 during a morning hearing, and he was released.

Dollar is a senior pastor of World Changers Church International in suburban Atlanta, which claims about 30,000 members and has an $18 million sanctuary that resembles a golden-domed spaceship atop a hill.

He built an international religious empire, with broadcasts of his sermons beamed worldwide and speaking engagements in Europe.

A barrel-chested man who favors impeccably tailored pinstripe suits in the pulpit, Dollar preaches the Prosperity Gospel, a message that says God will bless faithful Christians with wealth and debt-free living.

Since he started his ministry in an elementary school cafeteria in 1986, Dollar has earned both praise and criticism.

Supporters say he has preached a message that's financially empowered his parishioners and challenged the idea that Christians should be ashamed to be rich.

Critics call him "Cash-Flow Dollar," a pulpit prima donna who once refused to allow parishioners to touch him. They say his message perverts the Gospel.

Dollar has had brushes with the law before, according to a lengthy 2000 profile in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

He was once cited for contempt of court for refusing to give a deposition during the divorce proceedings of boxer Evander Holyfield, who attended his church, according to the AJC.

The AJC profile also said that 100 police officers were admonished for receiving $1,000 apiece from Dollar. Dollar sent the money to honor the officers' community service, but the act was criticized because it came a month after two traffic tickets Dollar received were downgraded to warnings, the profile said.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/08/megachurch-pastor-arrested-for-battery/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S97Lwth4_B4
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 08, 2012
This is why children in the west are rotten to the core, tell me , where are Pastor's parental rights to discipline his wayward daughter ??

3 Likes

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 6:31pm On Jun 08, 2012
LMAO.

Frosbel, why are you complaining. Doesnt the bible teach you christians to obey the law?

This is good news. grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Lenny5000(m): 6:33pm On Jun 08, 2012
frosbel: This is why children in the west are rotten to the core, tell me , where are Pastor's parental rights to discipline his wayward daughter ??
Ungrateful wicked daughter, after all her DAD has done for her in this life angry

What is wrong with you people? How is choking your child disciplining her? Would you choke your own child? When ever it has to do with somebody we like we tend to defend them as if they are not humans that are not above mistakes... They didn't say he beat her or grounded her they said he tries to choke her... A mere child of 15... A girl for that matter. Now tell me what crime a 15yrs old child would commit in your sight that is worthy of chocking?

4 Likes

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 08, 2012
logicboy: LMAO.

Frosbel, why are you complaining. Doesnt the bible teach you christians to obey the law?

actually it is not good news, I will tell you why.

I am not a supporter of Crefflo but I do NOT hate him. Also when a man is down and out we should not kick him into the dust.

This has nothing to do with this church, but a wayward daughter he tried to put in line and she called the police for her father who cared for her all his life.

( some previous comments removed )

2 Likes

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 6:34pm On Jun 08, 2012
Children in the West are better than your corrupt Nigeria. Better educated, better healthcare and better opprotunites when they grow up.

How many of your Nigerian children grow up to be Neurosurgeons, roacket scientists or CEO's of multinational companies?

frosbel: This is why children in the west are rotten to the core, tell me , where are Pastor's parental rights to discipline his wayward daughter ??

Ungrateful wicked daughter, after all her DAD has done for her in this life angry
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 6:36pm On Jun 08, 2012
frosbel:

actually it is not good news, I will tell you why.

I am not a supporter of Crefflo but I do hate him. Also when a man is down and out we should not kick him into the dust.

This has nothing to do with this church, but a wayward daughter he tried to put in line and she called the police for her father who cared for her all his life. What a brat she is.

This has everything to do with the church. He is a hypocrite and a child abuser but he runs a multi-million dollar chruch.

We should kick his balls for destroying the lives of many black folk
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2012
Lenny5000:

What is wrong with you people? How is choking your child disciplining her? Would you choke your own child? When ever it has to do with somebody we like we tend to defend them as if they are not humans that are not above mistakes... They didn't say he beat her or grounded her they said he tries to choke her... A mere child of 15... A girl for that matter. Now tell me what crime a 15yrs old child would commit in your sight that is worthy of chocking?

Choking

No that's not on, I agree with you , but this was supposed to be a Dad who loves his daughter , and surely if he choked her she would have died, maybe he just jacked her shirt or dress or whatever. You know how the western media like to over hype these stories.

If this was a case of intentional strangulation then I agree.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2012
logicboy: Children in the West are better than your corrupt Nigeria. Better educated, better healthcare and better opprotunites when they grow up.

How many of your Nigerian children grow up to be Neurosurgeons, roacket scientists or CEO's of multinational companies?

rocket scientist you mean, lol, I hope you are not a product of the western education system grin grin
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2012
logicboy: LMAO.

Lmao @ ungrateful wicked daughter... her dad is a pastor and so what? She has her own life to live... I hope that foolish ofedepo is arrested also, for trying same bullshit on someone elses daughter....
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2012
frosbel:

rocket scientist you mean, lol, I hope you are not a product of the western education system grin grin

Why are you employing Grammar Nazi tactics? Are you really focusing on a simple typographical error?

Why not focus on the point of my argument?
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Lenny5000(m): 6:46pm On Jun 08, 2012
frosbel:

Choking

No that's not on, I agree with you , but this was supposed to be a Dad who loves his daughter , and surely if he choked her she would have died, maybe he just jacked her shirt or dress or whatever. You know how the western media like to over hype these stories.

If this was a case of intentional strangulation then I agree.

Exactly my point we try to make excuses for people we like or admire. Both of us were not there and the news says CHOKE, so let's leave it at that until we hear otherwise. Personally I feel we should try to be in control of our emotions especially when it comes to teenagers.. after all if we raise them differently, they might turn out different.. Anyway I pray he goes for anger management later... I don't believe in beating or hitting kids cause all the beating we received as kids in Nigeria never translated to anything... Nigeria is not any better even when kids are raised with iron hand. Communication and showing love is the key, not beating. Thats how my Nigerian friends are raising their kids here (Its working and they are adorable)that's how I have started raising mine.
Bless

2 Likes

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 08, 2012
Some random comments from American Parents :

elimil2402
No 15 year old needs to be trying to attend a party period, let alone at 1am! I'm glad he put his foot down and did not allow her to go. Sounds like it was a typical child/parent fight and does not seem like abuse at all, will keep him and his family in prayer.
elimil2402

weddings7647
If my 15 year old daughter didn't behave they would have "superficial injuries" too. I don't believe in beating a child, but I will not spare the rod. If my kid disgarees they can hit the road. In my house my children will follow my rules or go somewhere else.

Plex755
A party, 1 o'clock in the moring, 15 year old female and a Father who said and meant NO! I'm not a " Dollar" follower nor fan. I am a parent who believes you raise your own children or allow them to get caught up in the system and end up in the grave. It's call Corporal punishment or child abuse these days, but my parents called it saving you from your self cause you're getting your butt whipped.

KzTer
I agree with Plex755...I'm not a fan of his, but as a parent, I understand the emotions that come along with parenting teenagers and when I say "NO, you are NOT going", that's the end of it. There's no more conversation and at 1 am, that thought shouldn't never even crossed your mind. I don't condone "getting physical" with your kid, but I understand that they can drive you too it, especially when they are 15 years old and obviously knows more than anyone else on the planet...esp their parents (dripping with sarcasm).

3 Likes

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2012
frosbel: Some random comments from American Parents :

elimil2402
No 15 year old needs to be trying to attend a party period, let alone at 1am! I'm glad he put his foot down and did not allow her to go. Sounds like it was a typical child/parent fight and does not seem like abuse at all, will keep him and his family in prayer.
elimil2402

weddings7647
If my 15 year old daughter didn't behave they would have "superficial injuries" too. I don't believe in beating a child, but I will not spare the rod. If my kid disgarees they can hit the road. In my house my children will follow my rules or go somewhere else.

Plex755
A party, 1 o'clock in the moring, 15 year old female and a Father who said and meant NO! I'm not a " Dollar" follower nor fan. I am a parent who believes you raise your own children or allow them to get caught up in the system and end up in the grave. It's call Corporal punishment or child abuse these days, but my parents called it saving you from your self cause you're getting your butt whipped.

KzTer
I agree with Plex755...I'm not a fan of his, but as a parent, I understand the emotions that come along with parenting teenagers and when I say "NO, you are NOT going", that's the end of it. There's no more conversation and at 1 am, that thought shouldn't never even crossed your mind. I don't condone "getting physical" with your kid, but I understand that they can drive you too it, especially when they are 15 years old and obviously knows more than anyone else on the planet...esp their parents (dripping with sarcasm).

How do you know that they are Americans?

Why should we listen to some random comments?

The fact is that he got arrested for beating his child. There were other ways he could have resolved the matter.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2012
logicboy:

How do you know that they are Americans?

Why should we listen to some random comments?

The fact is that he got arrested for beating his child. There were other ways he could have resolved the matter.

Simply by time and location. Link below

http://abcnews.go.com/US/megachurch-pastor-creflo-dollar-arrested/comments?type=story&id=16526149#.T9JFxbBYvPo
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2012
frosbel:

Simply by time and location. Link below

http://abcnews.go.com/US/megachurch-pastor-creflo-dollar-arrested/comments?type=story&id=16526149#.T9JFxbBYvPo

Nonsense. Anyone can register and comment. The time only shows the time of the comment. Fact remains that this guy broke the law. This is good.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by mrmayor(m): 8:08pm On Jun 08, 2012
Frosbel beat me to this story, what can I say. Creflo dollar must be acting on one of the fruits of the spirit, not sure which one though

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Kay17: 11:15pm On Jun 08, 2012
Force used was too excessive. But every father will concerned about his child clubbing at 1 am!

2 Likes

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 11:19pm On Jun 08, 2012
Kay 17: Force used was too excessive. But every father will concerned about his child clubbing at 1 am!

What would even give me the balls to go clubbing at 15 years old? Lord knows that I wont eat or sleep in my father's house if I tried it, talkless of telling my dad and I'm a guy.

Creflo's daughter as a pastor's daughter should not have even entertained the thoughtof clubbing! The daughter was already spoilt. Creflo fails as a parent

2 Likes

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by brownusagirl(f): 11:38pm On Jun 08, 2012

Not all western people but that was a bit much. I'm all for spanking bad kids but slamming them to the concrete ain't the way to go about it although some kids will take you there. Reserve that type of violence for fellow adults.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by brownusagirl(f): 11:44pm On Jun 08, 2012
logicboy: Children in the West are better than your corrupt Nigeria. Better educated, better healthcare and better opprotunites when they grow up.

geez let's not go there. There are just as many african doctors as black american doctors. -_-
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by tiarabubu: 11:51pm On Jun 08, 2012
logicboy:

What would even give me the balls to go clubbing at 15 years old? Lord knows that I wont eat or sleep in my father's house if I tried it, talkless of telling my dad and I'm a guy.

Creflo's daughter as a pastor's daughter should not have even entertained the thoughtof clubbing! The daughter was already spoilt. Creflo fails as a parent

you believe in God now, atheist? undecided

Creflo lost it no doubt sha. BUt he was right to be mad at his daughter. She was definitely goin to be a danger to herself. if she is old enough to do as she pleases then she can leave her parents house. For her to call 911, i believe she was angry and there are underlying issues involved than she believing her father really wants to hurt her. In other words, daughter and father need to face the root cause of this. And importantly, people should give them space to sort themselves out

American kids, despite all the good stuff at their disposal, face tremendous pressure from a decadent system that thrives on freedom with too little control. A society must have a sense of morality defined by its culture and roots. America has no cultural roots - its a nation of immigrants; everyone doing their thing.

2 Likes

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 12:00am On Jun 09, 2012
tiarabubu:

Creflo lost it no doubt sha. BUt he was right to be mad at his daughter. She was definitely goin to be a danger to herself. if she is old enough to do as she pleases then she can leave her parents house. For her to call 911, i believe she was angry and there are underlying issues involved than she believing her father really wants to hurt her. In other words, daughter and father need to face the root cause of this. And importantly, people should give them space to sort themselves out

American kids, despite all the good stuff at their disposal, face tremendous pressure from a decadent system that thrives on freedom with too little control. A society must have a sense of morality defined by its culture and roots. America has no cultural roots - its a nation of immigrants; everyone doing their thing.

"Lord knows" is just an expression.

If you are from Nigeria, you have no right or moral ground to call the American society "decadent". How many 15 year old girls get buggered by old men in Nigeria without ever reaching the police? How many young girls get "Oyedepo-slapped"? What about the corruption? What about child labour in Nigeria?

I live in the West (UK). There are families that dont beat their children and yet the children turn out good. Many upperclass children are rigidly taught manners both at private schools and at home. I am not saying the UK is perfect (as there are many juvenile delinquents), what I am saying is that, it is the family that fully affects the child.

At 16, I was moving with friends that smoked weed. I never one day smoked because of my upbringing!

1 Like

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by LogicMind: 12:05am On Jun 09, 2012
tiarabubu:

I can confirm that he meant Lord Luggard.

1 Like

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by LogicMind: 12:07am On Jun 09, 2012
religious people think they can stiffle nature with violence. When nature calls, nature calls. Leave the girl to go and exercise her pelvis jare.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by logicboy: 12:11am On Jun 09, 2012
Logic Mind:

I can confirm that he meant Lord Luggard.

Aye, Lord Frederick Lugard

1 Like

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Niflheim(m): 12:32am On Jun 09, 2012
creflo's church looks like a space ship?the suicide california cult called heaven's gate was always talking about space ships and so was reverend jim jones.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by velo10: 12:57am On Jun 09, 2012
He has a right to discipline his saughter but choking her is certainly not it. He's far stronger than her and could have taken other disciplinary measures

1 Like

Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 09, 2012
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by IdiAmin2(m): 10:38am On Jun 09, 2012
Creflo is a pulpit love-vendor prosperity preacher, no doubt everyone knows that(unless of the mugus and sheep who follow blindly), I dont listen to him and I'm not a christian.
But, I have to give the dude kudos for putting his foot down to tell is 15 year old she is not going to a party at 1am. As a parent NO means NO, but he over-stepped the boundaries. I have 2 daughtes (16 & 13) and I understand they can drive you to the brink.
But Creflo should have exercised the 'fruits of the spirit' he has been preaching about, but the prosperity gospel has taken front seat and 'fruits of the spirit' teachings are hard to come by in his teachings.

Again, it is clear here that his home is broken. For a child to stand up his dad in that way, and the older daughter supporting the story, it means he has not been a daddy and develpoed good bonds with his kids from when they were young. He might have been busy flying around the world in his private jet spreading the prosperity gospel instead of spending quality time with his kids and developing a bond

I don't mean to generalise, cos I also know parents who spends lots of time with their kids and still they turn out like creflo's daughter who wants to party and go clubbing at 1am.

With children, it takes wisdom, and creflo has not shown wisdom in this scenario.
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 09, 2012
Sometimes I wonder how I would have coped if I had a daughter.

I only have sons, and they dare not cross the boundary.

However I never go so far to cause them harm of injury, agreed that this is a step too far.

Often, all I need do is 'bark' with my African male voice and they are in order. grin
Re: Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter by thehomer: 11:14am On Jun 09, 2012
Boxer Dollar. The guy failed in bringing up his daughter in the way of the lord and bribed policemen. The best punishment he could think of on his adolescent daughter is to box her? Yet we see some so called Christians supporting him. They'll support anything it seems.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him / Bishop Oyedepo Distributes Relief Materials To IDPs In Maiduguri / Pope Francis Laments Terrorist Attack On St Francis Xavier Church, Owo, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.