Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora (18337 Views)

Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? / How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? / Nigerians In Cameroon Deported In Cattle Trucks (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora by tpiander: 8:26pm On Oct 06, 2015
Re: Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora by Jasperwhizz(m): 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
Great writes-up
Re: Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora by Jahblessme: 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2015
@drt
You do not need invitation letter or accommodation from your uncle to be able to do your plab2.
I believe there is a visa available for people who need to come to the UK to do their exams.
You will need to go for the plab classes,you get accommodation around there and pay for it,don't know what you need your uncle for.All man for himself, its what all your fellow doctors did and are still doing.
Good luck.
Re: Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora by bigtt76(f): 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2015
Sorry been busy at work. Nice projections you got there. Btw you got foreign degree? It pays especially when looking at crossing over. Not easy if trained in Nigeria alone as you would need to equate your degrees with your new host country.

Anyway, I trust it will work out for you.

Intrepid01:

Seriously you have ignored me? ookies, sorry for the disturbance. cheers
Re: Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora by tpiander: 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2015
Jahblessme:
@drt
You do not need invitation letter or accommodation from your uncle to be able to do your plab2.
I believe there is a visa available for people who need to come to the UK to do their exams.
You will need to go for the plab classes,you get accommodation around there and pay for it,don't know what you need your uncle for.All man for himself, its what all your fellow doctors did and are still doing.
Good luck.

one should probably assume his story is fake.
Re: Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora by Intrepid01(m): 10:07am On Oct 07, 2015
bigtt76:
Sorry been busy at work. Nice projections you got there. Btw you got foreign degree? It pays especially when looking at crossing over. Not easy if trained in Nigeria alone as you would need to equate your degrees with your new host country.

Anyway, I trust it will work out for you.

Errm.. Nope, I obtained my degree here in Nigeria. My selling point (I think) is my experience with an International Consulting firm I worked with for 4 years-KPMG Nigeria and I have a professional certification which is globally accepted. I dunno am just thinking.....
Re: Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora by drt: 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
Apart from standard visitors visa (formerly business visitors visa) which can be used for exam purposes, you can also travel for PLAB OSCE with family visitor's visa, whereby a family member in the U.K sends you an IV, I have a lot of friends who wrote the exam with this type of visa & some applied for standard visitor & were refused & some who got it. If travelling with the standard visitors visa, you must fulfil all visa criteria, having a GMC confirmation of your exam booking does not transform to automatic visa. I stated that due to my current financial state, I can't fulfil all the criteria at the moment. I believe the topic of the thread is helping new Nigerians in the diaspora & I was just contributing . What lie is the a**hole called tpiander talking about? Do every1 a favour, take your negativity & shove it.
Jahblessme:
@drt
Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora by Jahblessme: 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
@drt
How am I being negative? I just wrote about how a lot of us came to the UK for Plab2
Nawa oo,this kain aggression.
I'm out of here o jare.
Just know that your destiny is in your hands,no uncle or Aunty helped many of us.We saved like crazy, did plab2 and entered the system.
Your uncle may not want to invite you cos along with the letter he will have to give you his bank statement to prove that he will be able to sponsor your stay as well since you cannot show your own finances.
I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to do that cos that would mean you'd be privy to his financial situation and its not like you are close to him at all.

Best you forget he's there and forge ahead alone.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora by drt: 8:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
I was referring to tpiander & not u. Thanks, God bless!
Jahblessme:
@drt
How am I being negative? I just wrote about how a lot of us came to the UK for Plab2
Nawa oo,this kain aggression.
I'm out of here o jare.
Just know that your destiny is in your hands,no uncle or Aunty helped many of us.We saved like crazy, did plab2 and entered the system.
Your uncle may not want to invite you cos along with the letter he will have to give you his bank statement to prove that he will be able to sponsor your stay as well since you cannot show your own finances.
I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to do that cos that would mean you'd be privy to his financial situation and its not like you are close to him at all.

Best you forget he's there and forge ahead alone.
Good luck.
Re: Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora by RedCapChief(m): 2:31am On Oct 08, 2015
otiigba1:
used my address for scams, (yahoo yahoo) and credit card frauds, i lost my mortgaged house as a result, got 16 months in prison because i could not proof i wasn't me. Now he is on the run from me, if i ever set eyes on him, HE IS As GOOD AS DeAd angry

So sorry about that! That is a terrible thing to do. I'm sad when I hear stories like this because I know how embarrassing it can can be. Please don't kill anybody o! Just hand him over to the cops
Re: Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora by RedCapChief(m): 2:40am On Oct 08, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
Everything happens for a reason.

I will help a Nigerian in diaspora but from a distance.
Do you belong to any Nigerian organization? Join one and you will find out why Well off Nigerians run away from the pack. Get a few Nigerians together and the stories become issues of adultery, envy, snitching, etc. that tend to ricochet all the way back to Nigeria. It is the Blacks curse. Once bitten, twice shy.

/

Nigerian organizations are scarcely helpful on a systematic level e.g I know of a program that is being run by the Association of Syrian doctors in America which new doctors integrate into the system. There is a similar program for latinos. Nigerian Physicians in the US, despite their large number, don't have anything like that.

As for adultery, envy and snitching, I really have not have any experience with that. Have you?
Re: Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora by Originalsly: 6:44am On Oct 08, 2015
At Op....you gave very good reasons why Nigerians abroad are not helping their own like others do. The others make pre arrangements.... the Nigerian just shows up unannounced and expected to be helped. The others on arrival are very much aware of the sacrifices made or risks taken for their progress and remain focus to achieve their purpose of migrating.... while the Nigerian just don't care a damn about if what he does would put the helper in trouble ...and even drugs or delightful Jamaican women can make him easily forget his purpose of migrating.Then even the ones that return home and give a few dollars to as many as possible.... you see that as disrespectful... dollars must be given by the hundreds or none at all. That's being ungrateful...yet another reason why the diasporians are not as helpful. On encouraging women to go abroad to have their babies.....it sounds wonderful on paper.... you should first find out the reality... what it really takes for such. Diasporians do help..... but not every Tom, Dick and Harry as you are suggesting.

2 Likes

Re: Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora by InvertedHammer: 6:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
RedCapChief:

Nigerian organizations are scarcely helpful on a systematic level e.g I know of a program that is being run by the Association of Syrian doctors in America which new doctors integrate into the system. There is a similar program for latinos. Nigerian Physicians in the US, despite their large number, don't have anything like that.

As for adultery, envy and snitching, I really have not have any experience with that. Have you?
/
I used to.donate to Anambra state Association for their annual medical mission to Anambra state. I volunteered once. But I found out that it is more of a political jamboree than healthcare delivery. I cut them off. Today they are in court because of embezzlement. Dr. Pius Okafor (the father of the NBA star, Emeka Okafor) decided that enough is enough and sued. The association is now divided into two factions. The same thing is happening in Imo, Enugu, WIC, and other numerous organizations. Some claimed that they had received death threats.

Dude, the ones that have better things to do just stay away. It is always those that had stayed about 30+ years in US that are causing all the problems. Go figure.
Re: Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora by Abobaku1: 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
Honestly... I'll have to follow this topic. I had a similar experience with a U.S. Trained pilot. I needed basic information during findings on how to go about a career in aviation.
To cut long story short.. The dude made me feel really bad considering his attitude and response to questions .. I let him be ..

3 years later, we sat in the same aircraft as passengers, got to our destination and he needed help to get home. I had a driver from home waiting. I agreed to take him. All the while, he had no idea I knew him from anywhere. We became friends. Days later we decided to sit for a drink. Got to tell him my inner grudge! We laughed it off !
Next day, Epa brought a life goat, kola nut and schnapps to my house all by himself sweating! grin grin I yab am tire!
Today, we turn out to be goons!

End gist was that the guy had every thing I needed but just felt too lazy to help a stranger by typing a few info's I needed at the time...

Hebrews 13:1 Let brotherly love continue. 2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels ------master rule!

3 Likes

Re: Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora by sobastical: 3:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Abobaku1:
Honestly... I'll have to follow this topic. I had a similar experience with a U.S. Trained pilot. I needed basic information during findings on how to go about a career in aviation.
To cut long story short.. The dude made me feel really bad considering his attitude and response to questions .. I let him be ..

3 years later, we sat in the same aircraft as passengers, got to our destination and he needed help to get home. I had a driver from home waiting. I agreed to take him. All the while, he had no idea I knew him from anywhere. We became friends. Days later we decided to sit for a drink. Got to tell him my inner grudge! We laughed it off !
Next day, Epa brought a life goat, kola nut and schnapps to my house all by himself sweating! grin grin I yab am tire!
Today, we turn out to be goons!

End gist was that the guy had every thing I needed but just felt too lazy to help a stranger by typing a few info's I needed at the time...

Hebrews 13:1 Let brotherly love continue. 2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels ------master rule!

Wow! A so call uncle in the USA also jeopardize my travelling this year forfeited my admission at a particular school, people can be so cruel at times forgetting that bible verse you quoted and also that human being are like water we can meet anywhere anytime anyday.

But why the life goat, kola nut and schnapps cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Car Fire Accident In Front Of Lafarge Ewekoro Plant In Ogun. Picutres / Air Peace Gets License To Commence Flights Into The Caribbeans / Traffic Advisory: APC Presidential Campaign Rally Holds In Lagos Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.