Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Tax In Lagos, On AIT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tax In Lagos, On AIT (3228 Views)

Most Disturbing Pictures Of President Buhari On AIT / President Meeting With OPS Live On AIT / Lagosians React To Jonathan's Campaign In Lagos On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tax In Lagos, On AIT by hanbaliola(m): 10:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
Alphabeta consortium is Tinubu company, now on AIT.
The sole company charge with collecting tax in Lagos State belong to the Jagaban of Lagos (Tinubu). The company make six billion a month from tax collecting in Lagos.
The advert says Lagos make #40 billion monthly and the company also part away with #6 billion monthly.

9 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by richol(m): 10:36pm On Mar 02, 2015
now i know another shareholder in boko haram...noted..............GEJ TILL 2019

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
My brother the said 6billion earned by Alpha Beta every month is what we are told. A Lagos Resident once petitioned Governor Fashola and invoked the Freedom of Information Act(signed by GEJ), asking Fashola to provide him invoices and documents with respect to what is paid to Alpha Beta. Governor Fashola replied him that he will NEVER supply him such infor, that the said FOI is not applicable to Lagos. We don't even know what "really" goes on in LASG. A new PDP government or FOI implementation will expose many things.

God Bless Lagos State

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by kheart(m): 10:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
AIT has sold it credibility for gej dollars. I thought Dokpesi is wiser dan this from buhari to Tinubu next might be osinbajo.

AIT has relegated itself to be an annex of NTA

5 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by freeanijor(m): 10:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
The truth is bitter but I can't deny this feeling is sweeter.

15 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by pendy79: 10:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
The stupidity of those who brought the yeye news to AIT is glaring, Lagos makes 40billion monthly? From where?

For argument sake let assume it is true, is it wrong if a company works and then charge fees for the work it does?

Alphabeta helped lagos to move it IGR from 8-9 billion monthly to about N26billion and highest of N29billion I think in June 2013 don't know where AIT got it fugure of N40billion IGR when the state has a budget of N489billion this year, does it mean the state didn't include its Federal Allocation to its Budgetary plans.

When you lie without commonsense, your lies won't add up. If anybody is bitter about the job Alphabeta is doing in Lagos, sorry we indigenes of Lagos aren't, it is earning an agreed % for the marvelous job it is doing and it marvelous in our eye. Anyone not happy with Alphabeta collecting his tax can pack his bag and baggage and return to his or her village,.there is no rope tying anybody's yansh to Lagos.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by HenryThegreat1(m): 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2015
Imagin, i don't longer watch ait news just like nta till election. Dey are mess

1 Like

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by Noviolence2015: 11:19pm On Mar 02, 2015
pendy79:
The stupidity of those who brought the yeye news to AIT is glaring, Lagos makes 40billion monthly? From where?

For argument sake let assume it is true, is it wrong if a company works and then charge fees for the work it does?

Alphabeta helped lagos to move it IGR from 8-9 billion monthly to about N26billion and highest of N29billion I think in June 2013 don't know where AIT got it fugure of N40billion IGR when the state has a budget of N489billion this year, does it mean the state didn't include its Federal Allocation to its Budgetary plans.

When you lie without commonsense, your lies won't add up. If anybody is bitter about the job Alphabeta is doing in Lagos, sorry we indigenes of Lagos aren't, it is earning an agreed % for the marvelous job it is doing and it marvelous in our eye. Anyone not happy with Alphabeta collecting his tax can pack his bag and baggage and return to his or her village,.there is no rope tying anybody's yansh to Lagos.

You are empty... Your first line of thought sold you out. Igr is more or thereabout 40billion Naira in Lagos.
Please don't be blinded by sentiment.

20 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
Watched it and I shook ma head for dose goats dat kip shouting change. D one dat pained me d most is dat fashola d "saint" also aided tinubu to rob lagos cum lagosians. I really pity dis country, and tinubu will open his mouth dat has bad odour to shout change. Just confirmed dat d devil/tinubu cannot give ya anytin good. Osinbajo is a fake pastor, for ving anytin to do wif tinubu in d first place shows dat he's corrupt.

16 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by scribble: 11:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
Tinubu and Fashola the thieves

13 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by pendy79: 11:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
Noviolence2015:

You are empty... Your first line of thought sold you out. Igr is more or thereabout 40billion Naira in Lagos.

If you have nothing to say just stfu. Lagos IGR is more or thereabout N40billion, you know because your uncle is the Accountant General of Lagos.

If the total budget for Lagos state is N489billion for 2015, and from your stupidity it earn N40billion/month then that should translate to earning N480billion alone from IGR for this year.

Then from the entire federal allocation for this year, Fashola will just take N9billion to add up the balance and thereafter share the remaining federal.Allocation.with Tinubu right?

I hate my mention quoted by daft senseless people, pls if you don't have commonsense pls wakapass my post.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by IanDiamonds: 11:40pm On Mar 02, 2015
pendy79:

If you have nothing to say just stfu. Lagos IGR is more or thereabout N40billion, you know because your uncle is the Accountant General of Lagos.

If the total budget for Lagos state is N489billion, and from your stupidity it earn N40billion/month then it translate to earning N480billion.alone from IGR.

Then from the entire federal allocation for this year, Fashola will just take N9billion to add up the balance and thereafter share the remaining federal.Allocation.with Tinubu right?

I hate my mention quoted by daft senseless people, pls if you don't have commonsense pls wakapass my post.

I love the way you answered him... You KO'd the guy...

6 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by Noviolence2015: 11:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
pendy79:

If the total budget for Lagos state is N489billion, and from your stupidity it earn N40billion/month then it translate to earning N480billion.alone from IGR.

Keep cursing out. It does not change the truth. the more you shout, the more people in France are interested in the IGR generated in Lagod state.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by integralng: 11:50pm On Mar 02, 2015
pendy79:

.I have on severally occasions had to explain to some foolish people that Alpha Beta Consulting is a world class tax management firm(in fact one of the best--if not the best in the country).They have consulted for many states in the country(even states run by the PDP).The jealousy and hatred of some people towards Tinubu would not make them think like humans with brains.Was Tinubu poor before he became the Governor of Lagos State in 1999?Tinubu retired in Mobil as a big shot.He has been a Chartered Accountant for almost Forty years.He has been a National Figure since 1992 when he became the Senate Chairman on Finance.He has had houses in the USA and the UK for more than 20years(even before he became an Executive Governor).He was also a main financier of anti-Abacha group...It was on the basis of his financial wherewithals and business acumen he was made the governor of Lagos.As at the time he became the governor in 1999,Lagos IGR was around 600million Naira.My piece of advice for all the people that are unhappy about the rise of Asiwaju Tinubu is that when they get to positions of authority ,they should ignore their friends who have capacity to deliver on projects and appoint enemies who don't have requisite experience...Asiwaju Tinubu is the man of the people.He has always got loyal foot-soilders.You can't break him.GEJ knows with Tinubu in the South-west,it is welcome to Otuoke for him...The real south-westerners know Tinubu is a good man.Bode Tewonde George(the ex-prisoner)and some phoney and hungry yoruba leaders who have been settled with 12million Naira through National Conference think they can bring down Asiwaju Tinubu.Tinubu has been winning elections in the south-west without the inputs of spent Afenifenu renegades

9 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by tonychristopher: 12:19am On Mar 03, 2015
integralng:
.I have on severally occasions had to explain to some foolish people that Alpha Beta Consulting is a world class tax management firm(in fact one of the best--if not the best in the country).They have consulted for many states in the country(even states run by the PDP).The jealousy and hatred of some people towards Tinubu would not make them think like humans with brains.Was Tinubu poor before he became the Governor of Lagos State in 1999?Tinubu retired in Mobil as a big shot.He has been a Chartered Accountant for almost Forty years.He has been a National Figure since 1992 when he became the Senate Chairman on Finance.He has had houses in the USA and the UK for more than 20years(even before he became an Executive Governor).He was also a main financier of anti-Abacha group...It was on the basis of his financial wherewithals and business acumen he was made the governor of Lagos.As at the time he became the governor in 1999,Lagos IGR was around 600million Naira.My piece of advice for all the people that are unhappy about the rise of Asiwaju Tinubu is that when they get to positions of authority ,they should ignore their friends who have capacity to deliver on projects and appoint enemies who don't have requisite experience...Asiwaju Tinubu is the man of the people.He has always got loyal foot-soilders.You can't break him.GEJ knows with Tinubu in the South-west,it is welcome to Otuoke for him...The real south-westerners know Tinubu is a good man.Bode Tewonde George(the ex-prisoner)and some phoney and hungry yoruba leaders who have been settled with 12million Naira through National Conference think they can bring down Asiwaju Tinubu.Tinubu has been winning elections in the south-west without the inputs of spent Afenifenu renegades

WHY IS IT THAT YORUBAS ARE THIS LOUD

A WORLD CLASS COMPANY ...HMMM NAWA WHERE IS ALPHA BETA OPERATION OUTSIDE AFRICA THAT GAVE IT WORLD CLASS STATUS ...PLS TELL US

SOMEBODY IS MESSING YOU UP STEALING YOUR MONEY AND HAVING THEIR CRONIES YET YOUR HERE TALKING

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE LACK INDEPENDENT THINKING

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE EN-JOY SERVITUDE

SUCH A FLICK FLOCK MENTALITY

OK WORLD CLASS DEY GO

ALPHA BETA IS NOW LIRS

18 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by tonychristopher: 12:26am On Mar 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Watched it and I shook ma head for dose goats dat kip shouting change. D one dat pained me d most is dat fashola d "saint" also aided tinubu to rob lagos cum lagosians. I really pity dis country, and tinubu will open his mouth dat has bad odour to shout change. Just confirmed dat d devil/tinubu cannot give ya anytin good. Osinbajo is a fake pastor, for ving anytin to do wif tinubu in d first place shows dat he's corrupt.

MY BROTHER GIVE UP

I GAVE UP ON THEM SINCE 1980AD

WHY DO YOU THINK THEY ARE CALL3D WILD WILD WASTE

I WAS NOT SUPRISED WITH THAT PROGRAM ..I WATCH IT

LAGOS AND KANO HAS THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF TOUTS AND MISCRANTS PER CAPITAL...AND THEY ARE WILLING TOOL

I WONDER HOW TINUBU COULD DO THIS TO WHOLE ETHNIC GROUP...ARE THEY THIS STUPID

DID YOU SEE OSIBANJO FATHER IN HIS MUD HOUSE LATELY

HE DENIED HIM

12 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by raumdeuter: 12:36am On Mar 03, 2015
If you're not okay with it, relocate to states where Tinubu doesn't tax them. Abi what's stopping you

2 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by anonimi: 4:49am On Mar 03, 2015
pendy79:

If the total budget for Lagos state is N489billion for 2015, and from your stupidity it earn N40billion/month then that should translate to earning N480billion alone from IGR for this year.

Why was Ambode sacked by Fashola if not for diverting IGR to Bourdillon

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2071670_amobodelagostreasuryintinubuspocket_jpeg76c650e7b4da72f386d60fc93b8843c5

5 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by ayuse(m): 5:25am On Mar 03, 2015
Nigerians should not allow themselves to be fooled by propagandal. FIRS takes 10% of what they generate as running cost. Last year FIRS generated about 5trillion naira. Does it mean that 10% of 5T is a dash to FIRS? Only 60% of crude oil earning goes to Nigeria, the remaining 40% goes to d company exploring d crude for Nigeria, does it mean d 40% is a dash to those companies? B4 alpha beta, Lagos IGR was less than a billion, today alpha beta has done a good job to make Lagos IGR what it is. Lagos is the only state in Nigeria that can survive without federal allocation all bc of the hard work of the same man being blackmailed. Even FIRS had to learn from Lagos inorder to increase Nigeria IGR. Some other states who had learned from Lagos has increased their IGR. Rather than blackmail we could ask for accountability. I even blv Nigerians should ask other Nigerian states to learn from Lagos how to increase their IGR. Lets not destroy our Nation with the campaign of hatred bc of politics.

5 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 03, 2015
PDP & AIT should shove their cheap Propaganda & distractions up their ruptured rectums.

We all know Tinubu and Fashola are not saints but their policies have brought sanity & development to Lagos and so, Ambode remains the next Governor.

Mention a governor that hasn't stolen from the government coffers in the entire history of Nigeria?

In terms of stealing & embezzlement; Tinubu is still a learner compared to James Ibori, Peter Odili & their master GEJ who stole $54Billion according to Obasanjo.

Remember, when choosing between 2 evils; always pick the 1 you haven't tried before - So we will pick GMB and if he performs below our expectations, he will also be fired & we shall keep firing them until we get the most appropriate candidate for the job - Senseless Bunch of TANoids.

2 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by chemali: 7:27am On Mar 03, 2015
pendy79:

It didn't even move from 8 billion monthly, it moved from 600 million monthly pre-1999 to 18 - 21 billion monthly which is 2900% increase in the space of 12 - 16 years. Now, compare that to how Nigeria at the centre has performed - we do not even know the actual revenue generated by the Federal government monthly. A house of reps member recently put that figure at 20 trillion naira and we know that this is not factual. If Alpha Beta revolutionized tax administration in Lagos, shouldn't they be praised? 2900% increase isn't a small feat. Did anyone ask the Federal Government how much they paid consultants like PwC to come up with the number plates and drivers license which they used to milk Nigerians?

3 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by owobokiri(m): 7:47am On Mar 03, 2015
ayuse:
Nigerians should not allow themselves to be fooled by propagandal. FIRS takes 10% of what they generate as running cost. Last year FIRS generated about 5trillion naira. Does it mean that 10% of 5T is a dash to FIRS? Only 60% of Lcrude oil earning goes to Nigeria, the remaining 40% goes to d company exploring d crude for Nigeria, does it mean d 40% is a dash to those companies? B4 alpha beta, Lagos IGR was less than a billion, today alpha beta has done a good job to make Lagos IGR what it is. Lagos is the only state in Nigeria that can survive without federal allocation all bc of the hard work of the same man being blackmailed. Even FIRS had to learn from Lagos inorder to increase Nigeria IGR. Some other states who had learned from Lagos has increased their IGR. Rather than blackmail we could ask for accountability. I even blv Nigerians should ask other Nigerian states to learn from Lagos how to increase their IGR. Lets not destroy our Nation with the campaign of hatred bc of politics.

Lagos is not the only state that can survive without federal allocations. If you allow rivers state to control and tax every reveneu made from that state, it will be bouyant enough to fund herself. Ditto Delta , bayelsa etc. The oil money that is shared and allcated to every state belongs to these states. They should be the ones "dashing" you a little, not the other way round.

5 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by owobokiri(m): 8:01am On Mar 03, 2015
chemali:

It didn't even move from 8 billion monthly, it moved from 600 million monthly pre-1999 to 18 - 21 billion monthly which is 2900% increase in the space of 12 - 16 years. Now, compare that to how Nigeria at the centre has performed - we do not even know the actual revenue generated by the Federal government monthly. A house of reps member recently put that figure at 20 trillion naira and we know that this is not factual. If Alpha Beta revolutionized tax administration in Lagos, shouldn't they be praised? 2900% increase isn't a small feat. Did anyone ask the Federal Government how much they paid consultants like PwC to come up with the number plates and drivers license which they used to milk Nigerians?

This is the most dubious logic I have come across in a long time. The way you lot defend your own no matter how dirty his dealings is unparalleled. So because Tinubus company helped increase Lagos state IGR, the petty robber should be glorified for trying to siphon every thing in sight? You guys are pathetic.

6 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by chemali: 8:01am On Mar 03, 2015
owobokiri:

Lagos is not the only state that can survive without federal allocations. If you allow rivers state to control and tax every reveneu made from that state, it will be bouyant enough to fund herself. Ditto Delta , bayelsa etc. The oil money that is shared and allcated to every state belongs to these states. They should be the ones "dashing" you a little, not the other way round.

If Lagos had oil, it won't have been part of its IGR. IGR does not include company tax! The oil companies pay its taxes (PAYE) to Rivers state and Rivers is still not self sustaining.

1 Like

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by owobokiri(m): 8:15am On Mar 03, 2015
chemali:

If Lagos had oil, it won't have been part of its IGR. IGR does not include company tax! The oil companies pay its taxes (PAYE) to Rivers state and Rivers is still not self sustaining.

Keep juggling facts. If Rivers states was to be made the initial beneficiary of the financial accruals from the oil wells domiciled in her vicinity, it will be very interesting to see where you would have gotten the cash to put your much vaunted Lagos, a former Nigeria political capital and still her financial capital in the kind of infastructural stead that made her the biggest IGR earner around. I hope you are not waggling and waffling just to invent a reason to pin Lagos 'success' down to your "shôfisikatédì" brand of wild politics. Bottomline: mineral producing states should "posses their possessions" and pay simple tax to Abuja.

5 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by chemali: 8:16am On Mar 03, 2015
owobokiri:

This is the most dubious logic I have come across in a long time. The way you lot defend your own no matter how dirty his dealings is unparalleled. So because Tinubus company helped increase Lagos state IGR, the petty robber should be glorified for trying to siphon every thing in sight? You guys are pathetic.

It is not dubious logic. it is a strategy that is clearly working and should be adopted by other states. The only thing is that there should be transparency in what is being paid to these consultants! Calling him a robber on this basis shows you lack understanding.

This happens in the US. ABC collects less than 10%. My only request is LASG should come out and give details of the contract.

In September 2006, the IRS started to outsource the collection of taxpayers debts to private debt collection agencies. Opponents to this change note that the IRS will be handing over personal information to these debt collection agencies, who are being paid between 29% and 39% of the amount collected. Opponents are also worried about the agencies' being paid on percent collected, because it will encourage the collectors to use pressure tactics to collect the maximum amount. IRS spokesman Terry Lemons responds to these critics saying the new system "is a sound, balanced program that respects taxpayers' rights and taxpayer privacy." Other state and local agencies also use private collection agencies.[39]
Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by Bayswater: 8:19am On Mar 03, 2015
Noviolence2015:

You dey mind the stewpid pendy79. It will only take a PDP government to uncover the corruption and stealing that has been going on in Lagos state.

5 Likes

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by change9ja(f): 8:20am On Mar 03, 2015
tonychristopher:

MY BROTHER GIVE UP

I GAVE UP ON THEM SINCE 1980AD

WHY DO YOU THINK THEY ARE CALL3D WILD WILD WASTE

I WAS NOT SUPRISED WITH THAT PROGRAM ..I WATCH IT

LAGOS AND KANO HAS THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF TOUTS AND MISCRANTS PER CAPITAL...AND THEY ARE WILLING TOOL

I WONDER HOW TINUBU COULD DO THIS TO WHOLE ETHNIC GROUP...ARE THEY THIS STUPID

DID YOU SEE OSIBANJO FATHER IN HIS MUD HOUSE LATELY

HE DENIED HIM
Now I confirmed how foolish u r

1 Like

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by chemali: 8:21am On Mar 03, 2015
owobokiri:

Keep juggling facts. If Rivers states was to be made the initial beneficiary of the financial accruals from the oil wells domiciled in her vicinity, it will be very interesting to see where you would have gotten the cash to put your much vaunted Lagos, a former Nigeria political capital and still her financial capital in the kind of infastructural stead that made her the biggest IGR earner around. I hope you are not waggling and waffling just to invent a reason to pin Lagos 'success' down to your "shôfisikatédì" brand of wild politics. Bottomline: mineral producing states should "posses their possessions" and pay simple tax to Abuja.

So what would you call Ogun state that raised IGR by 500% in the space of 2 years from 700m to 5billion? A neighbour of the former Nigeria political capital?

1 Like

Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by change9ja(f): 8:22am On Mar 03, 2015
How many lagos companies even pays tax to lagos government for starters
Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by change9ja(f): 8:23am On Mar 03, 2015
chemali:

So what would you call Ogun state that raised IGR by 500% in the space of 2 years from 700m to 5billion? A neighbour of the former Nigeria political capital?
Resource Revenue
Re: Tax In Lagos, On AIT by PointB: 8:28am On Mar 03, 2015
Whether N29 Billion or N40 Billion, the more pressing question, beyond the planting and watering of flowers, what else is the evidence of judicious use of the money?>

Does Lagos state look like a state benefiting from such income? Where is our money jagagban and fashole?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Alison-Madueke Sponsoring Biafra Breakaway To Avoid Prison For Her Corruption / Bloomberg Questions Buhari's Ability To Rule Nigeria / EXCLUSIVE PHOTO: Middle Belt Of Nigeria Releases Currency Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.