Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,682 members, 7,955,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:28 AM

Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! (20491 Views)

Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday / March 28th Election: Identify The Ballot Boxes - Pix / GEJ, Jega, Security Chiefs In Crucial Meeting Ahead Of March 28th Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 03, 2015
omenka:
www.nytimes.com/2002/02/02/world/nigeria-calls-out-army-after-police-strike-declares-mutiny.html

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1796794.stm

www.nycop.com/Jun_00/The_Police_Strike/body_the_police_strike.html

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_police_strike

Now, what else do you have to tell me

The laws governing the establishment of the Nigeria Police Force prevent them from going on strike

And the fact that the Police is on strike shows that GEJ and the PDP have failed again in making the welfare of the Police better.
At least that is what we were told back in 2001....that it was because they were the Nigeria Police Force and not the Nigeria Police Service that they could not go on strike.
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by Hamazz1: 8:45am On Mar 03, 2015
thats d idea gej scuttle d whole exercise wt a whole lot of issues....if it is nt pvcs its there card readers no participatn of millitary operatives removin jega etc..

1 Like

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by nwonufestus(m): 8:53am On Mar 03, 2015
tnk GOD ooo, dis armrobbery i dey plan since wil finally wrk in electn day "lol.....naija n cluelessness
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by donodion(m): 8:54am On Mar 03, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
GEJ not as clueless as many people think
Unfortunately he is,and also useless.obvious of his unpopularity and trying every trick in the books.

Nigeriams should not despair.For SA to end apartheid government all sorts of tricks were used but the people still came out and vote.standing long hours.

March 28,2015 GEJ/PDP must go

1 Like

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by anonimi: 8:55am On Mar 03, 2015
courage54:
GEJ has signed another striker.
The following strikes played during GEJ tenure
ASUU STRIKE
JUDICIARY WORKERS STRIKE
HEALTH WORKERS STRIKE
PENGASE

Just like medical doctors in Lagos state such that FRAUDULENT Fashola took his sick dad abroad where he died.

APC = HYPOCRISY = APC
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by anonimi: 8:57am On Mar 03, 2015
bushdoc9919:

The laws governing the establishment of the Nigeria Police Force prevent them from going on strike

And the fact that the Police is on strike shows that GEJ and the PDP have failed again in making the welfare of the Police better.
At least that is what we were told back in 2001....that it was because they were the Nigeria Police Force and not the Nigeria Police Service that they could not go on strike.

And Buhari's past records show he will make their welfare better
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by killuminati(m): 8:58am On Mar 03, 2015
illuminati001:
Are you a business man or an artist,Politicians and you want to become big, Powerful and famous in the world, join us to become one of our official member today.you shall be given an ideal chance to visit the illuminati and his representative after registrations is completed by you, no sacrifice or human life needed, Illuminati brotherhood brings along wealth and famous in life, you have a full access to eradicate poverty away from your life now. it only a member who is been initiated into the church of illuminati have the authority to bring any member to the church, so before you contact any body you must be link by who is already a member, Join us today and realize your dreams. we also help out our member in protection of drugs pushing email:greatilluminatiorder01@gmail.com
Bleep y'all
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 03, 2015
What an excellent rationale for GEJ to finally postpone the election till Jesus comes.
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by blakky97(m): 9:07am On Mar 03, 2015
agabusta:

It is u who is paranoid and seriously praying for GMB's hospitality to be true. If u have comprehension skills u should have noticed my use of the word rumoured. The rumour was even carried in a newspaper

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/177776-group-alleges-plot-to-assassinate-buhari.html

The wicked PDP'S plan of scuttling the elections will boomerang in their faces! Mark my words.
if this election is postponed let the army take over till order is restored. we dont want ni civil war.
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 03, 2015
anonimi:

And Buhari's past records show he will make their welfare better

No.....just goes to show that the PDP is not as good as they make themselves to be.

And yes....the Police is in a bad state. Actually, I amnot surprised they are going on strike. You should as a PDP man consider it a disgrace that your govt did not plan for this....and stop blaming Buhari....who may not win this election.
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by anonimi: 9:25am On Mar 03, 2015
bushdoc9919:
No.....just goes to show that the PDP is not as good as they make themselves to be.

Quite the contrary, PDP is much BETTER than their PR communications makes them to be.

And yes....the Police is in a bad state. Actually, I amnot surprised they are going on strike. You should as a PDP man consider it a disgrace that your govt did not plan for this....and stop blaming Buhari....who may not win this election.

I have NOT blamed Buhari at all. Please read my post again. Thanks.

There is a competition among two main candidates. I am simply comparing ANY and ALL criticism of the FEDERAL administration (executive arm) with the main challenger.
Do you see anything wrong with that
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 03, 2015
anonimi:

Quite the contrary, PDP is much BETTER than their PR communications makes them to be.

If they were that good....we would have had light 24/7, we won't be panicking over the fall in oil prices, and we won't be having issues with elections....because your PDP would have planned ahead.

The fact that we have problems shows how lazy Abuja is.

I have NOT blamed Buhari at all. Please read my post again. Thanks.

There is a competition among two main candidates. I am simply comparing ANY and ALL criticism of the FEDERAL administration (executive arm) with the main challenger.
Do you see anything wrong with that

OK....let's make it a competition.

How many times did Police go on strike during Buhari's time? None.

How many times did police go on strike during the PDP's stewardship....Once, soon to be twice.

Anyway....I don't like Buhari....but your PDP govt has still not done well enough.....ESPECIALLY as regards the economy. We are still oil dependent...and we are on a one way trip back to the SAP days because of our oil dependency.

And if your PDP govt was good as you make them out to be....the Police won't be threatening to go on strike in the first place!

Don't justify mediocrity. We can do better....and it does not mean voting APC.

1 Like

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by anonimi: 9:35am On Mar 03, 2015
bushdoc9919:

If they were that good....we would have had light 24/7, we won't be panicking over the fall in oil prices, and we won't be having issues with elections....because your PDP would have planned ahead.

The fact that we have problems shows how lazy Abuja is.

Abuja is made up of the federal executive and legislature as well as the judiciary.

Almost 50% of the legislature is made of APC members. What do you think is their share of the blame since you are keen on sharing blame only?

Meanwhile, you may wish to take note:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

barcanista:
We have been hearing that PDP wrecked Nigeria for almost 16 years. I have taken my time to probe into the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation to see whether or not the "Change" Agents who forms members of the APÇPCO are "fresh intellectuals" or they have had one or two roles to play in Nigeria's decay by serving under "PDP" since 1999. Here is what I found out after probing into the list

www.thecable.ng/atiku-tinubu-named-buhari-campaign-team

1. Alh Atiku Abubakar Vice Chairman North,
Vice President 1999-2007(PDP)

2. Governor Chibuike Amaechi Secretary/
Director General
PDP Speaker RSHA under the failed administration of Peter Odili. PDP Governor(2007-2013)

3. Dr. S Jaja Council Member
Fmr PDP Deputy National Chairman

4. Prince T. Momoh Council Member
PDP(1999), ANPP(2003),CPC(2011), APC(till date)

5. Sen O. Izunaso Council Member
Reps PDP(1999-2007), Senator PDP(2007-2011)

6. Sen L. Shuaibu Council Member
Senator ANPP(1999-2007), PDP Gov Candidate for Zamfara(2007) Served Under PDP President Yaradua(2009-2010)

7. Chief S. Oni Council Member
PDP Ekiti Gov (2007-2010)

8. Gov. R Kwakwanso Council Member
PDP Gov (1999-2003), Def Min(2003-2007),PDP Gov(2011-2013)

9. Chief B. Akande Council Member
AD Gov Osun (1999-2003). Defeated as incumbent

10. Chief A. Ogbegie Council Member
(Not much is known about him)

11. Chief John Oyegun , Deputy Chairman
Council Member Chairman, APC
(Supported the Government of National Unity of Yaradua against Buhari in 2007)

13. Sen A. Adamu Council Member
PDP Nasarawa Gov(1999-2007), PDP BoT Secretary(2008-2011), PDP Senator(2011-2013)

14. Gov. A. Ahmed Council Member Governor,Kwara State
PDP Commissioner(2003-2011),PDP Kwara Gov(2011-2013)

15. Gov. R. Okorocha Council Member
PDP Special Adviser Under President Obasanjo

16. Sen Chris Ngige Council Member
PDP Anambra Gov(2003-2006)

17. Sen. G Akume Council Member,
PDP Benue Gov(1999-2007), PDP Senator(2007-2011)

18. Sen. B. Saraki Council Member
PDP Kwara Gov(2003-2011), PDP Senator(2011-2013)

19. Sen D. Goje Council Member
PDP Min of State for Power(1999-2002), PDP Gombe Gov(2003-2011), PDP Senator(2011-2013)

20. Sen A. Yarima Council Member
(God bless our infant daughters)

21. Alh K. Baraje Council Member
PDP Strongman 1998-2013. PdP Nat Secretary(2008-11)

22. Rt. Hon A Tambuwal Council Member
Speaker, House of Representatives
ANPP-DPP-ANPP-PDP(2007-2014)

23. Chief Audu Ogbeh Deputy Director
Coordination
PDP National Chairman(2001-2005)

24. Gov Aliyu Wamakko Council Member,
PDP Sokoto Gov (2007-2013)

25. Garba Shehu Director, Media and Publicity
Spokesman PDP VP Atiku(1999-2007)

26. Hon Sokonte Davies Director, Admin &Finance
PDP REP 2011-2013.

27. General Dambazau Director, Security
Was the Chief of Army Staff that ordered for Military deployment without notifying Acting President Jonathan in 2010. He was part of the Turai Yaraadua cabal.
http://saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-
headlines/5284-turai-coup-detat-how-turai-yaradua-
seized-power.html

28. Dasuki Jalo(Youth Mobilisation)
PDP Gombe SA(2003-2004), PDP LGA Chairman(2003-2008)

Additionally, Chief Barnabas Germade a Former PDP Boss Ùnder Obasanjo is a Senatoral Candidate of APC in Benue.

Olusegun Obasanjo that was asked by the APC to "Navigate" the Change was the PDP President between 1999-2007.

Hon Bello Mansari who was speaker of House of Reps during the inglorious tenure of Obasanjo/Atiku, is the APC Gov Candidate in Katsina State.

Fellow Nigerians, what moral justification does these men have to heap the whole PDP 15 years of leadership failure on President Goodluck Jonathan?

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by anonimi: 9:39am On Mar 03, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Anyway....I don't like Buhari....but your PDP govt has still not done well enough.....ESPECIALLY as regards the economy. We are still oil dependent...and we are on a one way trip back to the SAP days because of our oil dependency.

And if your PDP govt was good as you make them out to be....the Police won't be threatening to go on strike in the first place!

Don't justify mediocrity. We can do better....and it does not mean voting APC.

What is clear to anyone who reflects on Buhari's legacy as a MAXIMUM ruler for two years with no opposition-filled legislature to negotiate with is that the five years of steady progressive revival of our socio-economic life is BETTER by far.

Those who want to feed on the LIES from the APCheat house of propaganda are free to do so. However those who want snapshots of the TRUTH about our progress in the last five years can go through the 12 pages on the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/2117791/achievements-jonathan-sambo-administration-pictures

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2125941_ktc_jpeg27f69e07c2bf532213dfb4ebc98e46f7
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by JEITO: 9:40am On Mar 03, 2015
To serve and to protect. Police job no be beans o. You should have known before entering na
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by adeA1(m): 9:50am On Mar 03, 2015
kennygee:
More reasons why we need soldiers for security on that day.
M john cina eh! Sori- na who a go ask na
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by IYANGBALI: 9:55am On Mar 03, 2015
Another joker dey want to use to postpone the election.
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by tolustx(m): 10:07am On Mar 03, 2015
courage54:
GEJ has signed another striker.
The following strikes played during GEJ tenure
ASUU STRIKE
JUDICIARY WORKERS STRIKE
HEALTH WORKERS STRIKE
PENGASE

U r being unfair. Is it only during his own administration dat dos unions went on strike? Didn't it happen even more frequently during Obasanjo's tenure? Strikes and protests happen everywhere and it helps unions get dr entitlements. Let's not unfairly tag a govt of encouraging strike
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by titipeters: 10:24am On Mar 03, 2015
I so much pity our present president... lots has been risen to frustrate his government... # it's no doubt we Nigerians are the enemies of ourselves...
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by sochima1989(m): 10:29am On Mar 03, 2015
shawnfamous:
guy 4get dat kind tin! U don hear sey police strike b4?

Yess oh...check ur history Nigerian Police went on strike for a day during Obasanjo's regime
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by illuminatiniger(m): 10:36am On Mar 03, 2015
Are you a business man or an artist,Politicians and you want to become big, Powerful and famous in the world, join us to become one of our official member today.you shall be given an ideal chance to visit the illuminati and his representative after registrations is completed by you, no sacrifice or human life needed, illuminati brotherhood brings along wealth and famous in life, you have a full access to eradicate poverty away from your life now. it only a member who is been initiated into the church of illuminati have the authority to bring any member to the church, so before you contact any body you must be link by who is already a member, Join us today and realize your dreams. we also help out our member in protection of drugs pushing email:illuminatinigeria0@gmail.com or 08036421152
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by maestroz: 10:38am On Mar 03, 2015
shawnfamous:
Im nt sure dis is tru! Police strike!!!! Haba! Government will fire all of them

now i know you are a learner. were you just given birth to or you are a foreigner. in NIGERIA anything is possible? have you forgotten when the military told us in clear pix how the elections that was slated for Feb 14th couldn't be guaranteed owing to some flimsy excuses as if all the soldiers in Nigeria were to confront boko haram. is it not the same country that the president said he would fight corruption with technology and has failed a ploy to curtail rigging via card reader? is it not the same country where every member of the opposition is now an enemy?is it not the same country where FFK is the most loud mouthed with renewed propaganda from left to right and vice versa?

o'l boy try wake up. you are welcome to Nigeria where fuel scarcity and failure in governance is blamed on opposition.
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by RAO1(m): 10:43am On Mar 03, 2015
owobokiri:

You sound very very paranoid. . Who is interested in eliminating one buhari when he is already stuck in one hospital out there counting his days.
Do u know u may die b4 Buhari?
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by kendraloops: 10:44am On Mar 03, 2015
This sh1t is getting real!! I fear for this nation, why 28th of all dates?? Jonathan, the office isn't'oye idile', let these elections be held. if you win, fine and if not, support the winner.

Tired of all these. Fed workers haven't been paid, corpers n pensioners too under the guise of shortage of funds. I really wonder.
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by kendraloops: 10:48am On Mar 03, 2015
illuminati001:
Are you a business man or an artist,Politicians and you want to become big, Powerful and famous in the world, join us to become one of our official member today.you shall be given an ideal chance to visit the illuminati and his representative after registrations is completed by you, no sacrifice or human life needed, Illuminati brotherhood brings along wealth and famous in life, you have a full access to eradicate poverty away from your life now. it only a member who is been initiated into the church of illuminati have the authority to bring any member to the church, so before you contact any body you must be link by who is already a member, Join us today and realize your dreams. we also help out our member in protection of drugs pushing email:greatilluminatiorder01@gmail.com

Really Abeg drop ur number make i buzz u jare. suffer don tire me. but hope I'll be higher than jayz in the hierachy of things oo.
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by SomebodyLovesMe: 10:58am On Mar 03, 2015
owobokiri:

You sound very very paranoid. . Who is interested in eliminating one buhari when he is already stuck in one hospital out there counting his days.

If you're not smart enough to see through PDP's plan, most Nigerians are.
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by EnigmAries(m): 11:00am On Mar 03, 2015
The NPF is corruption personified. They always want people to work for them, but never want to pay. If they can do this to their men, I dash them my money.
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by SomebodyLovesMe: 11:03am On Mar 03, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
GEJ not as clueless as many people think

Prove it pleaae.
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by SomebodyLovesMe: 11:07am On Mar 03, 2015
Omotolu:
What an excellent rationale for GEJ to finally postpone the election till Jesus comes.

Why are you afraid of elections? grin
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by Eluwilussit(m): 11:10am On Mar 03, 2015
Blanc8:
they don't know, how unimportant they are..

Very, very unimportant. We won't miss them.
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 03, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

Why are you afraid of elections? grin
...I am purely anti-postponement...
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by folabayo1(f): 11:59am On Mar 03, 2015
owobokiri:

You really think that I worry about the fate of a 70 something year old bag of bones?? Come on sweetie, you can do better. .
tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire At NNPC Station In Kaduna / Buhari Has Had To Spend Inordinate Time Cleaning Pdp’s Rot —tinubu / Femi Adesina: Buhari Goes Rail-Wire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.