Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893123 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 4teelaw(f): 2:52pm On May 27, 2015
shagaman:

I advise you start looking for an alternative hospital around your place of stay,with the flooding in texas came so many reptiles,and the govt has not yet cleared the environment..

I always like to say a shout out to all Elpaso people ,how unna dey hope u guys are doing great,and to the forum members happy children s day..

Been seeing this flood on the news... It wasn't expected. Houston mamas, please stay sef!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by missusadey: 4:20pm On May 27, 2015
Shawbabe:

Mehn I haven't checked that email in a long time. So I'll just answer u here.
I used North Atlanta Obgyn @ 5780 peachtree Dunwoody road, +14042550621. Dr's fee is $2200.
U have to send in ur records from naija or wherever u have been receiving pre-natal care. They'll look thru it and let u know of they'll take u on and also the cost depending on how many weeks u are when they take u on. I joined them at 28 weeks. They have like 8 Drs there. U can pick one or they'll assign u one.
As for my particular Dr, I'm not sure I wanna spill her name becoz I'm a jealous patient! Lmao! She was so good to me and hilarious lady. She made sure she was the one that delivered my baby. Love her for that! Anyway beg me small let me think and decide whether to tell u her name. grin

@shawbabe. .. I'm begging you ooo. biko!joor! dan Allah!... Lol. I'm a December mum trying to make early plans. thank youuu
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ojsimsim: 4:35pm On May 27, 2015
[quote author=mamades post=34122278][/quote]

@mamades please how is in his grace lodge, kindly share. I intend using them too. is the place close to Del sol medical center?

please help a sister trying to make a decision.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by swtlv: 5:12pm On May 27, 2015
MamaTrust:
Reply my pm

I have replied.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 6:11pm On May 27, 2015
Hello everyone. Thank you for all the useful information posted on this thread, I have learnt a lot. My questions which is the best airline to take from lagos to houston and what is the average cost of this flight for a roundtrip. Anyone with Qatar experience will be appreciated especially on the 9- 12 hours stopover.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 7:05pm On May 27, 2015
domrita:
Hi people got into houston on sunday .thank god for every thg.
Pls I have a pressing problem am to use dr glen morgan but the problem is d place (north west houston) is sooooo far from where am staying southeast (77061)houston more than an hrs drive n cabfare abt 110usd for just going.wat do I do esp considering labour startn at night and also considering the flood that affectd that area of houston. The good thg is I haven't paid n cos of the flood I can't get thru to confirm my appt for tomoro.pls my pple do u have any suggestatns of how to overcome this transportatn problem or other ffordable obgyn nearer here?
I will advise you start looking for another doctor and hospital asap cos that distance you mentioned ain't joke and about $200 wch is about #40,000 naira plus for one hospital visit is something else. Imagine you will be visiting your doctor on weekly basis till you deliver which will be up to 4-5 times including going to hospital to deliver and returning back home. Do the maths. This is only for doctor and hospital visit. You ve actually not transported yourself to shopping mall, downtown, post office, etal. I know your doctor and hospital price is quite Ok, I ve also contacted him and other doctors too but will do the whole maths and settle for the cost effective one. You can also check if der are buses going that route so you can use the buses for your appointment.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 7:23pm On May 27, 2015
Woodland hills,westhills. Hospital and medical center.

heard d above place is not too bad o.
doctor's fee 2800
hospital fee 2500

for those in L.A you might want to Google them and see abi hear for ursleves since all we know is dat its an expensive city.

all d best o.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anupopo: 7:59pm On May 27, 2015
Hello house. Pls what sim card is most suitable for making calls back home? i hear one still needs a call card. which is best and most affordable please? one has to do a lot of maths with the current exchange rate oooo grin. thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 8:17pm On May 27, 2015
Toks07:
Hello everyone. Thank you for all the useful information posted on this thread, I have learnt a lot. My questions which is the best airline to take from lagos to houston and what is the average cost of this flight for a roundtrip. Anyone with Qatar experience will be appreciated especially on the 9- 12 hours stopover.

There is an airside hotel. It costs about $220. But if you are staying for 8 hours or less, you can get it for $180 or so

Also I read there is a lounge you can access for $50 or so
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamades: 8:19pm On May 27, 2015
[quote author=ojsimsim post=34147331]

@mamades please how is in his grace lodge, kindly share. I intend using them too. is the place close to Del sol medical center?

please help a sister trying to make a decision.[/quote

my sister am told his 10mins drive to d hospital. i will b there June ending by Gods grace
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 8:21pm On May 27, 2015
anupopo:
Hello house. Pls what sim card is most suitable for making calls back home? i hear one still needs a call card. which is best and most affordable please? one has to do a lot of maths with the current exchange rate oooo grin. thanks in advance
Check boss Revolution
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mrsfad2014: 8:32pm On May 27, 2015
bbaby84:

Well I applied for my brother and family last year but I didn't remember their first son had clocked 15 and needed to do biometrics so we had drop boxed everyone's application a week after we submitted they returned everyone's passport with visa and held back his and asked him to come in and do his biometrics. Just giving you a personal experience.
@bbaby84. Thanks for your response. Pls I will like to speak with you further on this drop box issue. Kindly send me mail on Lola.fadahunsi@yahoo.co.uk I will appreciate your response. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 8:47pm On May 27, 2015
zeezahbee:
Bank of America won't ask for anything of such. Just go with your passport. That's all. Then you can use your card to buy stuffs online

Okay Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 8:52pm On May 27, 2015
[quote author=Hawttattoo post=34122599][/quote]

Thanks I will try those stores out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 9:05pm On May 27, 2015
ifax:

There is an airside hotel. It costs about $220. But if you are staying for 8 hours or less, you can get it for $180 or so

Also I read there is a lounge you can access for $50 or so

Thank you. Do you have ideal of the cost of flight roundtrip from lagos to houston or any promo?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 11:13pm On May 27, 2015
ozycy:
Anybody presently using or recently used Dr Duc Lee of Houston Methodist Sugarland Hospital? I need cost breakdown including pediatrician fee while in the hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 1:10am On May 28, 2015
Ginnny:
Please what's wrong with buying baby things from Amazon..? quote author=DeeandGLady post=34114864]

@Mum2bee thanks, I will try the stores apart from Amazon, there are somethings I just won't buy on amazon, that includes baby stuff.

My dear there is nothing wrong with amazon, its just a personal thing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 1:18am On May 28, 2015
shelly23:
All the American stores also resell on amazon. Just do a search for what you want and make sure the reseller is the store. I buy baby clothes from carter's and sometimes when I don't find what I want on carters.com, I go to amazon and buy from Carter's, they usually have overstock.

@shelly23 Thanks for this advice I will try out this method,Carters is one of the stores I really want to get stuff from, I will feel more comfortable if the store is the seller on amazon.Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 2:38am On May 28, 2015
[quote author=Popri post=34141980][/quote]

Thanks adebrave and Popri, I appreciate alot for the info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kaakaa(f): 8:28am On May 28, 2015
jaykay09:

Am a September mum, maybe u can email me so that we can plan cos am contemplating btw LA and Houston too

Hello dear, I have replied your pm, dont know if you got it.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 9:34am On May 28, 2015
Toks07:

Thank you. Do you have ideal of the cost of flight roundtrip from lagos to houston or any promo?
Qatar airlines is currently doing a promo, 20% off till may 31st.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by adebrave(f): 9:38am On May 28, 2015
DeeandGLady:

Thanks adebrave and Popri, I appreciate alot for the info.

U welcome ma'am
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by domrita: 11:31am On May 28, 2015
ozycy:
I will advise you start looking for another doctor and hospital asap cos that distance you mentioned ain't joke and about $200 wch is about #40,000 naira plus for one hospital visit is something else. Imagine you will be visiting your doctor on weekly basis till you deliver which will be up to 4-5 times including going to hospital to deliver and returning back home. Do the maths. This is only for doctor and hospital visit. You ve actually not transported yourself to shopping mall, downtown, post office, etal. I know your doctor and hospital price is quite Ok, I ve also contacted him and other doctors too but will do the whole maths and settle for the cost effective one. You can also check if der are buses going that route so you can use the buses for your appointment.

Well thanks oo on a brighter note d hospital and drs office is not so far (less than 30miles) frm where am stayn and since he is affordable i think i can live with dat.pls people can i get a cab mans contact that our fellow mums used while here?d 1 i got doesnt operate within houston city but in fortbend n harris counties. bettrstill any 1 know how i can connect Northwest houston frm around hobby airport by bus or train. ?......pls help a sister cry and pls anothr issue is dere any extended inn arund there (arund houston north west )where i can stay toward my due date?ie last week of june,,,pls mamas stayn arund this area help a sister pls.........
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sazyn: 11:50am On May 28, 2015
Has anyone used Denver or Seattle as their poe, please share your experience.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 12:08pm On May 28, 2015
Please help!!!!
I am to leave Nigeria thru lagos on the 18th of next month for phoenix. I have been on dollar hunt for over a week now ( I live in Benin city). My banks: gtb and first bank said they don't sell. First bank advised me to buy the dollars to a dormicilliary card but I have never heard of this on this thread and I don't want surprises when I get there.

I was made to open an account with FCMB and till date, they claim they don't have dollars which wasn't what they told me b4 I agreed to open the account.
I just got home now after visiting diamond bank (no dollars) then fidelity bank says I can only buy dollars a day b4 my trip(what if the exchange rate goes up,what if they run short of dollars?) I am so confused right now.
Please can any one advise on which of these banks I can get?help with branches that always have in Benin or lagos, I don't mind leaving Benin on the 16th to enable me buy. I am so stressed out.
Please help me out. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slimwendy85: 2:28pm On May 28, 2015
@happymum, calm down... you will get your dollar grin I got mine from diamondbank shoprite lekki last week. Their head office is very close to the shoprite branch so they seem to always have. Just try to be in lagos early enough. All the best dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 3:14pm On May 28, 2015
Also try Diamond Ikoyi branch. Awolowo road. I notice some of the banks just hoard the dollars. I suffered before I got for myself and my mum. It can be very frustrating. Keep trying Diamond banks , you will get.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 28, 2015
Happymum you can also try the diamond bank not too far from federal palace hotel in v.i ; those ones have always been my saving grace and they always have, please don't panic, the best thing is just to come to Lagos like 3/2 days to your trip it won't be a bad idea at all, cheers!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 5:43pm On May 28, 2015
@Nogen,chloe7 and slimwendy85 thanks a lot for your responses. I really appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sugah: 5:52pm On May 28, 2015
sazyn:
Has anyone used Denver or Seattle as their poe, please share your experience.
Thanks

Seattle poe? That's some very serious and long journey. Unless you are coming in from canada?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 5:54pm On May 28, 2015
I got mine from Diamond n stanbic bank as well. Diamond bank never disappoint

Happymum:
@Nogen,chloe7 and slimwendy85 thanks a lot for your responses. I really appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 6:28pm On May 28, 2015
sugah:

Seattle poe? That's some very serious and long journey. Unless you are coming in from canada?

It's not that long. Example, London to Seattle is shorter than london to Houston.

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.