Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893637 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lala4sure: 11:40pm On May 29, 2015
Hello everyone, pls i need help from those whose husbands were not around during the birthing and baby documentation process. Pls can you guys send me copies of the consent form or link to download And i also need to know if i should apply for baby's naija passport or visa. Please help a sis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mimikoko: 1:26am On May 30, 2015
Please, please, please for those whose husband's were not in the US for their baby's delivery, did you need a notarised consent letter to apply for Nigerian visa? If yes is there a foRm for it like the one they have for the US passport or is it an original letter that is notarised?

Please I need the information urgently.
God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 2:47am On May 30, 2015
@bj2012golf, thanks a lot. Long time. How are you and family.

[quote author=bj2012golf post=34202919][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 2:54am On May 30, 2015
Dami! Where have you been? Tried forever to reach you before I left el paso. In Maryland now.

Congrats on your baby.

About the hearing test, now I want to cry for paying the whole 326. Wish your number was accessible.

Dammiehar:
Isysleek, its me Dammy, how are you doing? As per the hearing test, I also had it done and I was sent the bill by mail. I didn't receive it on time, so I called their office and the lady I spoke with told me to wait for the mail. I decided to go to their office on Oregon Street, and I was able to pay cash immediately, I was even given a discount for early payment, so I paid 167 instead of 326. Hope this helps someone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 2:57am On May 30, 2015
Car seat is very compulsory so pas take your car seat along to the hospital cos you will not be discharged without it.

isysleek:
Hello house,
Gave birth to my precious baby girl on the 3rd of May 2015 at Del Sol Medical center,El Paso Texas.

The care at the hospital was totally amazing!

My bills(normal delivery):
Doctor's fee $2500
Hospital $2200
Epidural $500 (I'm sure I wuld have died of pain if I didn't use it)
Paediatrician $210
Hearing test $326(I wonder wat made me do it. Total waste).
Birth cert $23 per copy. BC came out two weeks after I gave birth. It can come out earlier or later.jst keep checking the website daily.
US passport $165 for expedited. Did it on Wednesday,went for pickup on Friday.
I am doing Naija passport not visa(no details yet as i'm in the process of doing it. I will update once I'm done).

I stayed at his grace lodge and the owners are totally amazing! If you are looking for a place like home,this is the right place for you. I paid 1500 for seven weeks and it was worth every penny! The amount can be less or more depending on the room you choose. PM me if you need more details. Biko Justwise,i'm not a marketer o!

IMPORTANT NOTES:
Wen going to the hospital to give birth,take only clothes you and baby will wear home after you are dicharged. No need to take anything else(weda cs or normal delivery) the hospital will give you evrything-baby food,diapers,toileteries,breast pad,nipple cream etc. They even gave my baby a big fully baked and iced cake!

After you are discharged from the hospital,the paediatrician will ask you to book an appointment at his office. Do not book unless baby has a problem and needs to see the doctor cos every visit is 65. Just go to his office and pay the $210 for checking the baby at the hospital,get you receipt and leave sharply biko!

If you want to do hearing test,be ready to get thru hell to pay for it. They do not collect cash. You will have to wait for a week or two after baby is born for them to send you a bill and address for you to mail money order which is outside Texas. You will wait for about a week for them acknowledge payment den btw one week to a month to get receipt except you call and harrass them to send it within a week.

Zero balance from hospital will be ready at the admin office of the hospital10-14days after delivery.

Make sure you request receipt showing zero balance for every payment made from the different service providers eg doc,hospital,paediatrician,hearing test etc.

I can't remember anything else but will update if I missed anything out.

Thanks to Shagaman and everyone that helped me thruout this process. You are all too much!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:10am On May 30, 2015
[Hi ejisky. I am also a chicago mum using dr akere.
Please can u advise on any good accomodation in chicago preferably close to a mall. I would be going with my mum and toddler. Thanks alot. I am an august mum.

ejisky:
I am a 2 time Chicago mum (2011 & 2013) and will be back there in November for my last baby. My first experience at Ohare airport was nasty. I lied when i was obviously showing that I was there on vacation. Had visited about 2 times before then though. The took me to the secondary inspection room after so much investigation canceled the 6 months stay that was initially stamped and changed it to 2 weeks cos that was what i had on my ticket. It was a very traumatic period for me but luckily for me a colleague of mine that also passed through Chicago had the same experience so she told me what to do. I had to look for a lawyer filed for extension and stayed back and had my baby. Luckily for me before i left i received an approval for the extension request.

I reapplied for a visa when i was already pregnant with my second baby; made a down payment of $4,000 to the hospital got a letter from the doctor. During the interview i provided all the evidence and was given a 2 years visa. Got to the POE again in Ohare (2013) and was stopped for further investigations; presented the part payment receipt, bank statement, doctors letter as well as Zero balance receipt from my previous birth and was given a 6 months stay.

Did a drop box last September and got a 2 years renewal. Will be at Ohare once again in November (my immediate younger sister stays in Chicago) hopefully i wont have issues...

I used Dr Akere on both occasions and he is a very cool guy. Just got the estimates from him (Normal - $7,500; CS -$9,000) circumcision -$300. This package is all inclusive no other charges.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 3:23am On May 30, 2015
Pls I have some questions for mothers who have used Northside hospital Atlanta.Pls what were the things given for free at the hospital,were you given diapers,baby formula and stuff?Were you able to work with your birth plan?how much did birth certificate cost and all those other little info.Pls help with these information so we know how to prepare.Plsss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 7:12am On May 30, 2015
Newmum15:
Pls I have some questions for mothers who have used Northside hospital Atlanta.Pls what were the things given for free at the hospital,were you given diapers,baby formula and stuff?Were you able to work with your birth plan?how much did birth certificate cost and all those other little info.Pls help with these information so we know how to prepare.Plsss

1) Things given for free are: baby food and nipples, maternity pads and disposable panties, diapers (pampers), baby newborn white tees, and a Northside gym bag. Infact u need only go with the clothes u and baby will wear back home and toiletries. Every other thing is provided.

2) What do u mean by work with birth plan? U already discussed that with ur Dr so they should relate it to the hospital. Also note that once u are admitted u should give them ur pediatrician details if not they'll assign u an expensive one at the hospital.

3) BC cost $25 for first copy and $5 per any extra copy u want. I got 3 copies so paid $35. And u pay this at the Vital records office when u go to pock it up. But the hospital will also give u a Confirmation of Birth in writing. Better to request it on the 1st floor b4 u get discharged, so it's ready for u. If not u'll make a trip back just for that.

Any other info? Hearing test is FREE so no decline am. I declined at first until I asked of it's free and they said yes. So ask b4 anything is administered to ur baby even vaccines. If not u go receive bill later oh.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 8:02am On May 30, 2015
As long as you enter the US before it expired, you'll be fine. You'll be stamped for 6months at the POE, that's what matters not your visa expiry date.
I got to the US a week before my visa expired and was stamped for 6months.
And I renewed by drop box when I got home 4months later.

Amy20:
Good day everyone, so I have been quietly reading this thread for awhile and I have some questions I need advice on. So I got my US visa while I was in school in the UK, married but not pregnant then. Visited twice for the purpose which I got the visa on. So just found out that I'm about 9wks preggers and due date in jan. But the thing is my visa expires in February next year. About a month after my due date. Pls what can I do?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 9:19am On May 30, 2015
Shawbabe:

1) Things given for free are: baby food and nipples, maternity pads and disposable panties, diapers (pampers), baby newborn white tees, and a Northside gym bag. Infact u need only go with the clothes u and baby will wear back home and toiletries. Every other thing is provided.

2) What do u mean by work with birth plan? U already discussed that with ur Dr so they should relate it to the hospital. Also note that once u are admitted u should give them ur pediatrician details if not they'll assign u an expensive one at the hospital.

3) BC cost $25 for first copy and $5 per any extra copy u want. I got 3 copies so paid $35. And u pay this at the Vital records office when u go to pock it up. But the hospital will also give u a Confirmation of Birth in writing. Better to request it on the 1st floor b4 u get discharged, so it's ready for u. If not u'll make a trip back just for that.

Any other info? Hearing test is FREE so no decline am. I declined at first until I asked of it's free and they said yes. So ask b4 anything is administered to ur baby even vaccines. If not u go receive bill later oh.
Thank you so much.God bless you smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DofGod: 10:01am On May 30, 2015
Abegi nw, u pple shld answer me nw, ee jor,Pls ma pple, which visa do u use when applying for birthing visa, I knw its b1b2 Buh d specify category, is it b2 ( tourism and medical treatment)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:07am On May 30, 2015
DofGod:
Abegi nw, u pple shld answer me nw, ee jor,Pls ma pple, which visa do u use when applying for birthing visa, I knw its b1b2 Buh d specify category, is it b2 ( tourism and medical treatment)

B2
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:35am On May 30, 2015
Shawbabe:

very useful info here thanks @shawbabe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amy20: 12:25pm On May 30, 2015
shelly23:
As long as you enter the US before it expired, you'll be fine. You'll be stamped for 6months at the POE, that's what matters not your visa expiry date.
I got to the US a week before my visa expired and was stamped for 6months.
And I renewed by drop box when I got home 4months later.

Okay. Thanks a lot shelly123. Will do just that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amy20: 12:29pm On May 30, 2015
Pls anyone with info on reasonable prices hospital, cost of delivery and doctor in pennyslvania? Please cos that's where I've got relatives. Pls pls pls.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ejisky: 12:35pm On May 30, 2015
Hello,

I do not know of any accommodation. My sister stays in Chicago so i didn't have to got through that route. Speak with Dr Akere i hear he has contacts with people that help with accommodation.

[Hi ejisky. I am also a chicago mum using dr akere.
Please can u advise on any good accomodation in chicago preferably close to a mall. I would be going with my mum and toddler. Thanks alot. I am an august mum.

quote author=ejisky post=34222658]I am a 2 time Chicago mum (2011 & 2013) and will be back there in November for my last baby. My first experience at Ohare airport was nasty. I lied when i was obviously showing that I was there on vacation. Had visited about 2 times before then though. The took me to the secondary inspection room after so much investigation canceled the 6 months stay that was initially stamped and changed it to 2 weeks cos that was what i had on my ticket. It was a very traumatic period for me but luckily for me a colleague of mine that also passed through Chicago had the same experience so she told me what to do. I had to look for a lawyer filed for extension and stayed back and had my baby. Luckily for me before i left i received an approval for the extension request.

I reapplied for a visa when i was already pregnant with my second baby; made a down payment of $4,000 to the hospital got a letter from the doctor. During the interview i provided all the evidence and was given a 2 years visa. Got to the POE again in Ohare (2013) and was stopped for further investigations; presented the part payment receipt, bank statement, doctors letter as well as Zero balance receipt from my previous birth and was given a 6 months stay.

Did a drop box last September and got a 2 years renewal. Will be at Ohare once again in November (my immediate younger sister stays in Chicago) hopefully i wont have issues...

I used Dr Akere on both occasions and he is a very cool guy. Just got the estimates from him (Normal - $7,500; CS -$9,000) circumcision -$300. This package is all inclusive no other charges.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 12:58pm On May 30, 2015
lala4sure:
Hello everyone, pls i need help from those whose husbands were not around during the birthing and baby documentation process. Pls can you guys send me copies of the consent form or link to download And i also need to know if i should apply for baby's naija passport or visa. Please help a sis

For the consent form,google Ds3053,down load and print. With regards to 5he visa or passport question, if you are not close to a city with a 9ja consulate ( New york, Atlanta,Washington dc) i would advice you to settle for the Visa,cause it means you wont need to travel to get it,an agent can get it for you. On the other hand,if you are in any of these cities,it might be better to just go to the embassy and get the passport once and for all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 1:03pm On May 30, 2015
mimikoko:
Please, please, please for those whose husband's were not in the US for their baby's delivery, did you need a notarised consent letter to apply for Nigerian visa? If yes is there a foRm for it like the one they have for the US passport or is it an original letter that is notarised?

God bless you.

Tanko did not request for it,but dont know if other agents require it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DofGod: 1:35pm On May 30, 2015
Phema:

B2
Tanx phema,buh u knw there are alot under d B2, I want to know d specify one .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 30, 2015
DofGod:

Tanx phema, buh u knw there are alot under d B2, I want to know d specify one.

Really? I didn't know that. . .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sugah: 2:07pm On May 30, 2015
Phema:

B2

Please does it mean B1/B2 doesn't cover Childbirth? Edited.

B1/B2 is a combination of both business, tourism and medical.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 2:38pm On May 30, 2015
mimikoko:

God bless you.
Yes, just an ordinary hand written or typed letter that will be addressed to the Nigerian embassy. You and your husband have to sign the letter. If you are using Eddy, he will give you sample of the letter then you can just edit it and both you and hubby will sign.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DofGod: 3:09pm On May 30, 2015
Phema:

Really? I didn't know that. . .

Ooh tanx dear I nw understand, I was mixing it up b4.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by deeore: 6:44pm On May 30, 2015
Hello all,am new to this forum,have read both part within two days because i really find this forum very informative.i was very confused as to whether to declare that i want to go and give birth at the poe or i should simply say vacation...tank God i came across this forum when i was surfing d net. Any November mum in the house enroute to jersey.
i applied for a visiting visa for a family vacation in feb...durin d interview i was asked if i was pregnant...i said no cos i wasnt..i was granted d visa...a mnth later i got preggers....i visited the us in may wif ma family as intended just came back lastweek...i intend to go back to deliver in october...now my question,just a little confused if i should send d letter of notification of intent...cos according to d thread some fink its neccessary while others think its not, den secondly wat exactly does the budget breakdwn mean..i ve been seeing alot of that in the thread.
SoRry my story is plenty for a first timer...my apologies.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sazyn: 7:17pm On May 30, 2015
Any September mama planning on using MIHS? Let's connect please. It seems most people in the house are houston bound

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mitchelle1989(f): 9:05pm On May 30, 2015
my fellow mama's travelling to Houston by September, una don buy your tickets? I havent bought yet, dunno what am waiting for . Errm guess am still waiting for awoof ticket. undecided

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 30, 2015
mitchelle1989:
my fellow mama's travelling to Houston by September, una don buy your tickets? I havent bought yet, dunno what am waiting for . Errm guess am still waiting for awoof ticket. undecided
tickets are on the highest side now because of summer, by Aug, Sept tickets will go down

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 10:03pm On May 30, 2015
deeore:
Hello all,am new to this forum,have read both part within two days because i really find this forum very informative.i was very confused as to whether to declare that i want to go and give birth at the poe or i should simply say vacation...tank God i came across this forum when i was surfing d net. Any November mum in the house enroute to jersey.
i applied for a visiting visa for a family vacation in feb...durin d interview i was asked if i was pregnant...i said no cos i wasnt..i was granted d visa...a mnth later i got preggers....i visited the us in may wif ma family as intended just came back lastweek...i intend to go back to deliver in october...now my question,just a little confused if i should send d letter of notification of intent...cos according to d thread some fink its neccessary while others think its not, den secondly wat exactly does the budget breakdwn mean..i ve been seeing alot of that in the thread.
SoRry my story is plenty for a first timer...my apologies.

Just to be on the safe side,I would advice you do the letter to the embassy informing them of your intent.,because some people have actually been asked at poe if they informed the American embassty in their home country that they were coming to give birth in the us
Budget breakdown simply meand doing a break down of your budget e.g. Air ticket #360,000, Accomodation #320,000, Hospital #721,000, Doctor #515,000 etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 30, 2015
ejisky:
Hello,

I do not know of any accommodation. My sister stays in Chicago so i didn't have to got through that route. Speak with Dr Akere i hear he has contacts with people that help with accommodation.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oluwafunkenny: 1:18am On May 31, 2015
Hello house,

I delivered my prince last week tuesday after 41weeks and few days. God is wonderful.

Oluwafunkenny is now a mother!!!.

Catch ya later.

27 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 5:47am On May 31, 2015
obeezydabs:
Hi,

Pls which hospital in Chicago does Dr Akere practise with? Or rather what hospitals come with the costs you mentioned? I'm referring to the 7500 normal and 9000 CS. Do you mind sharing the breakdown. I am a July mum looking at Cook county.

Dr Akere (google search) is not an obgyn, he is a GP.his board certification and licence is in family medicine.

I'm alarmed cos how that works out in the US with all the regulation and policy is a matter for another day.?

He has a practice called JIL medical something &according to his site has admitting priviledges @ St bernard & some other places. He may be good at delivering babies....

But ,I also know of someone who had a very unpleasant experience with him, got abandoned mid way cos of complications and had to go to the ER and is still counting the massive cost.

I didn't want to mention it but it will be unfair to keep quiet when others do share.

I'm not casting any aspersion on his practise or his person,just saying it as it is.

http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-ayoade-akere-3kfk2

http://health.usnews.com/doctors/ayoade-akere-494042

http://doctor.webmd.com/doctor/ayoade-akere-md-f38c5d1b-3bdf-4265-83af-a6f19d886c83-overview

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mimikoko: 7:16am On May 31, 2015
@ Dere5 and @ Ozycy, thank you very much for your help. God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.