Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892962 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jaykay09: 6:34pm On May 28, 2015
kaakaa:

Hello dear, I have replied your pm, dont know if you got it.....

no I didn't
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sugah: 7:10pm On May 28, 2015
ifax:

It's not that long. Example, London to Seattle is shorter than london to Houston.

Yes, definitely from those areas its not much difference. But from Nigeria, it is. Unless the person asking isn't going from Nigeria
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DofGod: 9:29pm On May 28, 2015
Pls ma pple, which visa do u use when applying for birthing visa, I knw its b1b2 Buh d specify category, is it b2 ( tourism and medical treatment) .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 10:03pm On May 28, 2015
akindolz:
I got mine from Diamond n stanbic bank as well. Diamond bank never disappoint

How on earth did you get PTA from two diff banks within the same quarter? Or is it the two that gave you d 4k?

I also was working wit the belief that stabic doesn't give currency??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by funkebold: 10:58pm On May 28, 2015
[quote author=iolite88 post=34135739]I don't think you not having a job is a problem, if you are applying for birthing purposes just ensure your husband's statement and your own can cover all your cost. If you are asked about work I don't think there is a crime if you stopped working because of your pregnancy rather than you were let go. As for your name if you have an official change of name thy will ask you what you new legal name is. This happened to me when hubby and I applied. The name on my passport was still my maiden name they collected my husband's passport for his visa that day and gave me 5days to go and change my passport to my new legal name which can only be done in Immigration office Abuja. Also a couple before us were asked why they came from Lagos to do visa application in Abuja and from all indications the guy refused them saying they should reapply in Lagos. So you need to prepare an answer for that.
Thank u so much, that means I will still need to do change of name on my passport and either stick to lagos or tnk of wt to say to them in abj embassy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 11:21pm On May 28, 2015
Beryl15:

Qatar airlines is currently doing a promo, 20% off till may 31st.

Thank you for this information. How do one get the 20% off because I can't see it on their site.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ChyG: 3:08am On May 29, 2015
anupopo:
Hello house. Pls what sim card is most suitable for making calls back home? i hear one still needs a call card. which is best and most affordable please? one has to do a lot of maths with the current exchange rate oooo grin. thanks in advance

I use Lycamobile. The $59 per month bundle. It allows you unlimited call time to the first 5 Nigerian mobile numbers you dial; gives you 3 MB data; leaves u with $5 credit for other international numbers u may want to call and of course the unlimited calls to all US numbers. I hope the info helps.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ChyG: 3:24am On May 29, 2015
sazyn:
Has anyone used Denver or Seattle as their poe, please share your experience.
Thanks

I used Seattle POE 2 weeks ago. Was just 16 weeks gone so there was no cause for interrogation. I didn't sight any pregnant woman on the qeue. Guess I was d only Nigerian there as I used Emirates. Told him I'm on vacation and the amount I had on me. Visa is to expire 1st week of June but I was stamped in to stay till November. I declared d food I had but wasn't searched. It was quite smooth I'd say. I might consider the better health-care and have my baby here. Yet to get an affordable package in Portland though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ChyG: 3:30am On May 29, 2015
sazyn:
Has anyone used Denver or Seattle as their poe, please share your experience.
Thanks

I used Seattle POE 2 weeks ago. Was just 16 weeks gone so there was no cause for interrogation. I didn't sight any pregnant woman on the queue. Guess I was d only Nigerian there as I used Emirates. Told him I'm on vacation and the amount I had on me. Visa is to expire 1st week of June but I was stamped in to stay till November. I declared d food I had but wasn't searched. It was quite smooth I'd say. I might consider the better health-care and have my baby here. Yet to get an affordable package in Portland though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 3:32am On May 29, 2015
My cousin was travelling so used his own account. Hehehehe hehehehhe

modath:

How on earth did you get PTA from two diff banks within the same quarter? Or is it the two that gave you d 4k?

I also was working wit the belief that stabic doesn't give currency??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 3:54am On May 29, 2015
akindolz:
My cousin was travelling so used his own account. Hehehehe hehehehhe

So stanbic gives currency?, that's news to me!! How much did they do for you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 4:10am On May 29, 2015
They do at some designated branches. We got $4k @ N208/$ at the Idejo branch. That was lik 2wks ago though.

modath:

So stanbic gives currency?, that's news to me!! How much did they do for you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 4:14am On May 29, 2015
akindolz:
They do at some designated branches. We got $4k @ N208/$ at the Idejo branch. That was lik 2wks ago though.

men na wa o. bank @ 208? dats crazy.
even at last wk thurs fidelity gave for 199.9
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 4:24am On May 29, 2015
akindolz:

Nothing beats Fidelity's 199.5, I got my 4k there last week, will pm you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 5:05am On May 29, 2015
Hello house,
Gave birth to my precious baby girl on the 3rd of May 2015 at Del Sol Medical center,El Paso Texas.

The care at the hospital was totally amazing!

My bills(normal delivery):
Doctor's fee $2500
Hospital $2200
Epidural $500 (I'm sure I wuld have died of pain if I didn't use it)
Paediatrician $210
Hearing test $326(I wonder wat made me do it. Total waste).
Birth cert $23 per copy. BC came out two weeks after I gave birth. It can come out earlier or later.jst keep checking the website daily.
US passport $165 for expedited. Did it on Wednesday,went for pickup on Friday.
I am doing Naija passport not visa(no details yet as i'm in the process of doing it. I will update once I'm done).

I stayed at his grace lodge

IMPORTANT NOTES:
Wen going to the hospital to give birth,take only clothes you and baby will wear home after you are dicharged. No need to take anything else(weda cs or normal delivery) the hospital will give you evrything-baby food,diapers,toileteries,breast pad,nipple cream etc. They even gave my baby a big fully baked and iced cake!

After you are discharged from the hospital,the paediatrician will ask you to book an appointment at his office. Do not book unless baby has a problem and needs to see the doctor cos every visit is 65. Just go to his office and pay the $210 for checking the baby at the hospital,get you receipt and leave sharply biko!

If you want to do hearing test,be ready to get thru hell to pay for it. They do not collect cash. You will have to wait for a week or two after baby is born for them to send you a bill and address for you to mail money order which is outside Texas. You will wait for about a week for them acknowledge payment den btw one week to a month to get receipt except you call and harrass them to send it within a week.

Zero balance from hospital will be ready at the admin office of the hospital10-14days after delivery.

Make sure you request receipt showing zero balance for every payment made from the different service providers eg doc,hospital,paediatrician,hearing test etc.

I can't remember anything else but will update if I missed anything out.

Thanks to Shagaman and everyone that helped me thruout this process. You are all too much!

33 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slimwendy85: 5:35am On May 29, 2015
Congrats isyleek. May she always be a source of blessing to you and yours.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shagaman: 7:22am On May 29, 2015
@isyleek congrats madam,May continue to bless you and your household, greetings to our baby...I know my son would like her so .... grin wink

stay blessed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamades: 8:47am On May 29, 2015
[quote author=isysleek post=34196255] Hello house,
Gave birth to my precious baby girl on the 3rd of May 2015 at Del Sol Medical center,El Paso Texas.

:
Doctor's fee $2500
Hospital $2200
Paediatrician $210
Birth cert $23 per copy. BC came out two weeks after I gave birth. It can come out earlier or later.jst keep checking the website daily.
I am doing Naija passport not visa(no details yet as i'm in the process of doing it. I will update once I'm done).

I stayed at his grace lodge and the owners are totally amazing! If you are looking for a place like home,this is the right place for you. I paid 1500 for seven weeks and it was worth every penny! The amount can be less or more depending on the room you choose. PM me if you need more details. Biko Justwise,i'm not a marketer.

I have pm u
'
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 9:32am On May 29, 2015
Congratulations Isysleek. May God bless your newborn.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 9:51am On May 29, 2015
@slimwendy85, oga shagaman and Nogen, thanks a lot. God bless.

@Nogen, trust you are one of the pple Shade said will be going to the lodge soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bj2012golf(m): 9:58am On May 29, 2015
[quote author=isysleek post=34196255] Hello house,
Gave birth to my precious baby girl on the 3rd of May 2015 at Del Sol Medical center,El Paso

Congratulations, God be with you and the baby
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 10:15am On May 29, 2015
isysleek:
@slimwendy85, oga shagaman and Nogen, thanks a lot. God bless.

@Nogen, trust you are one of the pple Shade said will be going to the lodge soon.

Yes. We arrived yesterday. Home sweet home grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 3:39pm On May 29, 2015
Arrived Yankee yesterday night. POE at New York was extraordinary. Wasn't asked a single question! Sounds weird right? Didn't even know I had passed through POE Until I was wheeled to the baggage pick up. Was stamped in for 6 mths. Will give fullest gist later when I settle in Houston.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 29, 2015
ChyG:

I use Lycamobile. The $59 per month bundle. It allows you unlimited call time to the first 5 Nigerian mobile numbers you dial; gives you 3 MB data; leaves u with $5 credit for other international numbers u may want to call and of course the unlimited calls to all US numbers. I hope the info helps.
Good info, I use lycamobile too and no regrets at all.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 4:34pm On May 29, 2015
dittobaby:
Arrived Yankee yesterday night. POE at New York was extraordinary. Wasn't asked a single question! Sounds weird right? Didn't even know I had passed through POE Until I was wheeled to the baggage pick up. Was stamped in for 6 mths. Will give fullest gist later when I settle in Houston.
Congratulation on your safe arrival in Yankee.
Which airline did you fly with? And what is the cost like?.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 5:13pm On May 29, 2015
modath:

Nothing beats Fidelity's 199.5, I got my 4k there last week, will pm you.

Hi,please what branch did you buy from?i am desperately looking for dollars now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ejisky: 7:18pm On May 29, 2015
I am a 2 time Chicago mum (2011 & 2013) and will be back there in November for my last baby. My first experience at Ohare airport was nasty. I lied when i was obviously showing that I was there on vacation. Had visited about 2 times before then though. The took me to the secondary inspection room after so much investigation canceled the 6 months stay that was initially stamped and changed it to 2 weeks cos that was what i had on my ticket. It was a very traumatic period for me but luckily for me a colleague of mine that also passed through Chicago had the same experience so she told me what to do. I had to look for a lawyer filed for extension and stayed back and had my baby. Luckily for me before i left i received an approval for the extension request.

I reapplied for a visa when i was already pregnant with my second baby; made a down payment of $4,000 to the hospital got a letter from the doctor. During the interview i provided all the evidence and was given a 2 years visa. Got to the POE again in Ohare (2013) and was stopped for further investigations; presented the part payment receipt, bank statement, doctors letter as well as Zero balance receipt from my previous birth and was given a 6 months stay.

Did a drop box last September and got a 2 years renewal. Will be at Ohare once again in November (my immediate younger sister stays in Chicago) hopefully i wont have issues...

I used Dr Akere on both occasions and he is a very cool guy. Just got the estimates from him (Normal - $7,500; CS -$9,000) circumcision -$300. This package is all inclusive no other charges.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Dammiehar(f): 8:40pm On May 29, 2015
Anyone coming to El Paso between the 4th and 6th of June should please get in touch as I am leaving on the 6th and have cooking utensils and unused food to give out. I don't want to throw them away, as they are still very good.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slimwendy85: 8:56pm On May 29, 2015
Hi dammiehar, I av sent u a pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 9:36pm On May 29, 2015
Toks07:

Thank you for this information. How do one get the 20% off because I can't see it on their site.
Sorry I'm replying now
Here's the link
http://www.qatarairways.com/ng/en/offers/regional-promotion.page?cid=BANG180990
It's ending tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Dammiehar(f): 9:54pm On May 29, 2015
Isysleek, its me Dammy, how are you doing? As per the hearing test, I also had it done and I was sent the bill by mail. I didn't receive it on time, so I called their office and the lady I spoke with told me to wait for the mail. I decided to go to their office on Oregon Street, and I was able to pay cash immediately, I was even given a discount for early payment, so I paid 167 instead of 326. Hope this helps someone.
isysleek:
Hello house,

My bills(normal delivery):
Doctor's fee $2500
Hospital $2200
Paediatrician $210

I stayed at his grace lodge and the owners are totally amazing! If you are looking for a place like home,this is the right place for you. I paid 1500 for seven weeks and it was worth every penny! The amount can be less or more depending on the room you choose. PM me if you need more details. Biko Justwise,i'm not a marketer o!

IMPORTANT NOTES:
Wen going to the hospital to give birth,take only clothes you and baby will wear home after you are dicharged. No need to take anything else(weda cs or normal delivery) the hospital will give you evrything-baby food,diapers,toileteries,breast pad,nipple cream etc. They even gave my baby a big fully baked and iced cake!

After you are discharged from the hospital,the paediatrician will ask you to book an appointment at his office. Do not book unless baby has a problem and needs to see the doctor cos every visit is 65. Just go to his office and pay the $210 for checking the baby at the hospital,get you receipt and leave sharply biko!

If you want to do hearing test,be ready to get thru hell to pay for it. They do not collect cash. You will have to wait for a week or two after baby is born for them to send you a bill and address for you to mail money order which is outside Texas. You will wait for about a week for them acknowledge payment den btw one week to a month to get receipt except you call and harrass them to send it within a week.

Zero balance from hospital will be ready at the admin office of the hospital10-14days after delivery.

Make sure you request receipt showing zero balance for every payment made from the different service providers eg doc,hospital,paediatrician,hearing test etc.

I can't remember anything else but will update if I missed anything out.

Thanks to Shagaman and everyone that helped me thruout this process. You are all too much!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amy20: 11:12pm On May 29, 2015
Good day everyone, so I have been quietly reading this thread for awhile and I have some questions I need advice on. So I got my US visa while I was in school in the UK, married but not pregnant then. Visited twice for the purpose which I got the visa on. So just found out that I'm about 9wks preggers and due date in jan. But the thing is my visa expires in February next year. About a month after my due date. Pls what can I do?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.