Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,917 members, 7,817,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893065 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by newjoy83(f): 9:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm new here grin I'm a first time mom and will be going to have my baby for October. I'm definitely going Texas but haven't decided on which hospital. Are there any moms due in October as well? Pls lets connect.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shirley013: 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
Please house who is in El paso presently or heading there this week pls I need some guide
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 10:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
I don find taya, I no see my size. So the scope I use is, wear it like that without zipping it, wear a long top to cover the zip part and wear a jacket(to work if need be). U can try my style. I hope this helps. Don't worry,the trouser won't fall from ur waist..thanks to the big belle. hehehehehe

Newmum0615:
Hello e-family,

Biko my own issue is very different and it is the one that is bothering me now, Please where can I get good maternity trousers in Lagos. I thought I could rough it out till I born but all my trousers are refusing to zip or move up again. If anybody insult me ehn... angry
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 10:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
@Teesmom
God bless 4d info. can u help wit d more contacts /website / details for this JoHn H. As it's not coming up on google. Would luv 2try out

TeesMom:

You are welcome.

The chicago one is john h stroger hospital all inclusive 5479. Dr, hospital, epi.
A close friend just used them.
You get a dr when you go for ur appt.

Nerf u can do some more research just in case u r interested
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 10:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
favored247:

Hi moms to be, this is my first post on nairaland as i am also a first timer. I didnt know one could write a letter to the embassy for change of intent of travel plans. I had my visa interview in oct 2014 n was asked by the v.o my intent of travel.told vo for vacation.she asked if i was planning on giving birth , i said if it comes.The vo then said if i was,i shouldnt apply for memedicaidr any govt aid.i said sure That i would be responsible For any payment then.she gives me a 2yrs visa.At poe in houston in jan, the immigration officers asked my duration of stay, hubby says 3months..n he gave me 6months without asking if i was for delivery blah blah....my question is will this affect me when im coming back to the usa or when i want to apply for another visa cos im like if i knew about the letter stuff i would have notified the embassy prior travel.I would greatly appreciate responses.

It will not affect you when applying for another visa or coming back to the US but please keep all your proof of payments (reciepts) and get a Zero balance letter from the hospital so you can present that when required to show you paid all your bills and you will be fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 10:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hello my people am back with another question, My Doc has given me a date for appointment via email, Is that email sufficient to be presented at POE if asked for an appointment letter or Do I need a proper letter to use at POE. My Dr. says if I require a letter to obtain entry to the US, I will be charged a fee but If I meet the appointment, the fee will be part of my total OB fee, if I don't it will be none refundable. I intend to use the Doctor, Do I request for the letter and pay fee or I use the email that already states my appointment date. Please I need answers. Thanks again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favored247: 11:15pm On Mar 03, 2015
DeeandGLady:

It will not affect you when applying for another visa or coming back to the US but please keep all your proof of payments (reciepts) and get a Zero balance letter from the hospital so you can present that when required to show you paid all your bills and you will be fine.
Thanks a lot.God bless you #feeling relieved#
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Adiahabasi: 11:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
Luckychild2015:

The SALE is now ending on the 5th of March.
. Thanks! ....pls who has flowm etihad to the US recently? Hw was the Abu dhabi poe?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by customised87: 11:56pm On Mar 03, 2015
DeeandGLady:
Hello my people am back with another question, My Doc has given me a date for appointment via email, Is that email sufficient to be presented at POE if asked for an appointment letter or Do I need a proper letter to use at POE. My Dr. says if I require a letter to obtain entry to the US, I will be charged a fee but If I meet the appointment, the fee will be part of my total OB fee, if I don't it will be none refundable. I intend to use the Doctor, Do I request for the letter and pay fee or I use the email that already states my appointment date. Please I need answers. Thanks again.

Use the email since it states your appointment date and the amount required of u by the Dr. I used such at my POE and i was fine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 12:29am On Mar 04, 2015
isysleek:
I don find taya, I no see my size. So the scope I use is, wear it like that without zipping it, wear a long top to cover the zip part and wear a jacket(to work if need be). U can try my style. I hope this helps. Don't worry,the trouser won't fall from ur waist..thanks to the big belle. hehehehehe
Check BLOK MODA, 23 OSOLO WAY AJAO ESTATE OFF INTL AIRPORT ROAD. THEY ARE NEW AND THEY HAVE NICE MATERNITY WEARS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 1:31am On Mar 04, 2015
hello house, i'm new here and pls can anyone help me with contact and cost estimate of any affordable hospital and Dr in Ohio. please.... its really urgent for me to reach them for burden of proof. pls help a sis in need. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 1:57am On Mar 04, 2015
isysleek:

Go to the pregnancy thread and ask there. So many people will give u tips on where to get clothes and all

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 2:04am On Mar 04, 2015
TeesMom:

You are welcome.

The chicago one is john h stroger hospital all inclusive 5479. Dr, hospital, epi.
A close friend just used them.
You get a dr when you go for ur appt.

Nerf u can do some more research just in case u r interested

Hi...
Please do you know if this was Vaginal or cesearean?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by debola23(f): 3:03am On Mar 04, 2015
Omo meehn. See as this thread has blown up into something else. This is good to know. Meanwhile Arizona babies are already clocking 1. Keep it up people. I

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by humanshado: 5:31am On Mar 04, 2015
A word of caution to take note... my 2cents

Feds Raid California 'Maternity Hotels' for Birth Tourists

Southern California apartment complexes that doubled as "maternity hotels" for Chinese women who want made-in-America babies were raided early Tuesday, capping an unprecedented federal sting operation, officials said.

NBC News was on the scene as Homeland Security agents swept into The Carlyle, a luxury property in Irvine, California, which housed pregnant women and new moms who allegedly forked over $40,000 to $80,000 to give birth in the United States.

"I am doing this for the education of the next generation," one of the women told NBC News.

None of the women were arrested; they are being treated as material witnesses, and paramedics were on hand in case any of them went into labor during the sweep.

Instead, the investigation was aimed at ringleaders who pocketed hundreds of thousands of dollars tax-free to help Chinese nationals obtain visas and then pamper them until they delivered in an American hospital at a discount, court papers show.

"It's not necessarily illegal to come here to have the baby, but if you lie about your reasons for coming here, that's visa fraud," said Claude Arnold, special agent in charge of Homeland Security Investigations for Los Angeles.

All told, the feds raided 20 locations in Los Angeles, Orange and San Bernardino counties, targeting three competing birth tourism schemes, officials said. The suspected operators have not been charged but are being questioned.

The organizers who allegedly ran the Carlyle site, Chao Chen and Dong Li, used a website to drum up business, touting the benefits of a child with U.S. citizenship: 13 years of free education, low-cost college financial aid, less pollution, and a path for the entire family to emigrate when the child becomes an adult.

Read more..
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/feds-raid-california-maternity-hotels-birth-tourists-n315996

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 100dollarbills(m): 6:07am On Mar 04, 2015
nefertitiram:

Uncle, it's like you missed road. The Politics thread is the other direction

grin Chineeeke!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 7:08am On Mar 04, 2015
Thank you oooooo. Very close proximity to me.
Nasadiva:

Check BLOK MODA, 23 OSOLO WAY AJAO ESTATE OFF INTL AIRPORT ROAD. THEY ARE NEW AND THEY HAVE NICE MATERNITY WEARS.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tbaby2015: 7:17am On Mar 04, 2015
tbaby2015:
hello everyone,

I'd like to ask if it's possible to use another hospital document different from the one filled in one's aplication for visa interview. I mean, I filled a particular hospital but thinking of changing to another within the same axis. Can i take the other document for the interview or stick with the one in the application for the interview?

Anyone pls help with this. @Justwise, @nefertitisam, @Tvegas.THANKS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tbaby2015: 7:18am On Mar 04, 2015
tbaby2015:
hello everyone,

I'd like to ask if it's possible to use another hospital document different from the one filled in one's aplication for visa interview. I mean, I filled a particular hospital but thinking of changing to another within the same axis. Can i take the other document for the interview or stick with the one in the application for the interview?

Anyone pls help with this. @Justwise, @nefertitiram, @Tvegas.THANKS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:24am On Mar 04, 2015
tbaby2015:

Personally, I like to avoid having to do lot of explanation to the VO. Except it is the Doctores Para Ti letter people have had issues with, I think you can stick to your original intent.
But it really doesn't matter if you change hospital plans, plans do change for everyone from time to time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 8:26am On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=favored247 post=31273453]
Hi moms to be, this is my first post on nairaland as i am also a first timer.

No it won't. The koko is to pay ur bills and keep d receipts. Chikena

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 8:46am On Mar 04, 2015
TeesMom:
Hello House,

some research i found.

Northwest Medical Center Houston Texas:
VD 2days 2000
CS 3days 3500
Epi VD 650
Epi CS 750
Forgot to ask what the drs fee for giving epi is.

Dr glenn morgan
Fee 2000 inclusive of all tests
his receptionist said 200 for some drs fee (i don forget - my child was making plenty noise and i was tired of saying ehn)
for each thime u r induced 200.

Has anyone used this hospital? would really like a feedback.

Any Sept/ Oct mums in the house?

Research continues........ also got some info for a hospital in chicago will post soon.

I hope im not crossing the line Mr Justwise.

Thanks for the info TeesMom. I'm a September Mum hoping to birth in either Dallas or Houston. Just started my research so will get back with the details asap.

I am awaiting feedback from Dr. Fagbogun and Dr. Esedebe. So far they are the only ones I have gotten in touch with.

Thanks to everyone else who has in one way or the other contributed to this forum. You guys have been of immense help to us newbies.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oas99(f): 8:49am On Mar 04, 2015
This is a case of fraud, it doesn't affect pregnant people in the US. The govt has a case with those harboring them and collecting such an exuberant amount of money from them
humanshado:

Read more..
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/feds-raid-california-maternity-hotels-birth-tourists-n315996

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 8:51am On Mar 04, 2015
humanshado:

I saw this on CNN this morning and my heart skipped a beat. I sincerely hope it doesn't affect us hopefuls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Ivylane: 9:04am On Mar 04, 2015
PRESENT!!!!!!

TeesMom:
Hello House,

Any Sept/ Oct mums in the house?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 9:28am On Mar 04, 2015
tbaby2015:

I dont think your changing hospital is a big deal,but i would advice you have a good reason for doing this just incase the Vo should ask. Or better still if you dont want to complicate things you can stick to your old hospital for the interview and port to the new hospital when you get to the States since according to you they are both in the same axis.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 9:36am On Mar 04, 2015
Adiahabasi:
. Thanks! ....pls who has flowm etihad to the US recently? Hw was the Abu dhabi poe?

I cheecked Etihad out this morning,i couldnt get any seat o,i think they are fully booked on their lagos/new york route.
Has anyone been able to buy today?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 9:42am On Mar 04, 2015
dere5:

I cheecked Etihad out this morning,i couldnt get any seat o,i think they are fully booked on their lagos/new york route.
Has anyone been able to buy today?
Funny as i didnt even see the LOS-JFK route on their website angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 10:00am On Mar 04, 2015
MrMandilas:
My dear sista, i have been busy reading all ur post from 1 to 54. I really learnt many things. Biko help me with these questions.
1. How much was in ur husband's account and in ur own account. I have about 3.2 million in my account and 1.6 million in my wife's account. We are both working in my company(registered).
2. In her passport, she bears the same surname with me. Do we still need to provide change of name and sworn affidavit and newspaper confirmation?
Both of us are planing to go. Is it ok if i go for the interview?
3. How do i get the contact of the doc. That helped to send u the appointment letter. Thank u so much.

I think with your 3.2M and wiffys 1.6M you guys are good to go
Since her passport bears the same name with you i dont think change of name etc is neccessary,just go with your marriage certificate.
Try and go back to the old thread and read back and put together your burden of proof.
Are you guys applying as a family? If yes then both of you need to go together for the interview.
Decide on the state you want to travel to and start looking for hospital and doctor in that axis.
I hope i have been able to throw some light on your concerns.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 10:02am On Mar 04, 2015
IyawoToBe:
Funny as i didnt even see the LOS-JFK route on their website angry
I think they might have removed it now since it appears they are sold out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MrMandilas: 10:27am On Mar 04, 2015
dere5:

I think with your 3.2M and wiffys 1.6M you guys are good to go
Since her passport bears the same name with you i dont think change of name etc is neccessary,just go with your marriage certificate.
Try and go back to the old thread and read back and put together your burden of proof.
Are you guys applying as a family? If yes then both of you need to go together for the interview.
Decide on the state you want to travel to and start looking for hospital and doctor in that axis.
I hope i have been able to throw some light on your concerns.
Thank u so much.If we get in touch with the doctor, is there documents that i should get from him or her to solidify our chances of getting the visa? because in ur burden of proof. u stated a document from the doctor in the states. will i demand for that from the doctor or will they just send it to me? if yes, am i going to pay? My wedding certificate if from Mountain of fire. is it ok? Thanks for helping me. Chukwu gozie gi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.