Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893357 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slanliz007(f): 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
@ Dittobaby and Mabels, thanks so much for your response. Will get on it right away. smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 3:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
Gagat:

Houston or Ohio pls! Kindly advice. Thanks
A lot of people on this thread say New York is a very friendly POE,so i will advice you fly to New York and take a domestic flight to Houston or Ohio as the case may be. All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hello mummies,pls can I use JFK too as my Poe am actually going to North Carolina,as I heard is the less stressful Poe.Please help respond
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
Olaideodes:
Hello mummies,pls can I use JFK too as my Poe am actually going to North Carolina,as I heard is the less stressful Poe.Please help respond

Jfk suites your purpose just fine,infact,its very ideal for you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 8:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 8:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
drafrican:

My dear seems like a good time to feed on American n Asian food but my ogi is a must everywhere I go plus my host insisted they sell everything here if I feel home sick

]

I don't agree with yonder folks when they claim african food is available. It is, i agree, but i have 2 23kg baggage allowance that the airline has calculated on my air fare, why wont i take advantage of that when i know they will drop the hammer on me when i have excess ?

The equivalent of my 1k or 1.5k naira Garri ijebu will sell for not less than 20$ and it makes me look good before my host too ... Each time they insist we don't have to come with anything and we disregard that instruction, i see the look they try so hard to conceal . They appreciate the gesture, they just don't want to be grasping or demanding.

I've seen the power of knorr cubes, expressions attachment, kilishi (uk) and groundnut . Its magical

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 10:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
dere5:

A lot of people on this thread say New York is a very friendly POE,so i will advice you fly to New York and take a domestic flight to Houston or Ohio as the case may be. All the best

Thanks so much. I was thinking of booking a direct flight to houston or Ohio then make New york my POE But don't know how to go about it. I NEED SOME HELP PLS!!!!!!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by abike02: 10:53pm On Apr 26, 2015
I remember I came to houston on direct flight n we were 6preggies on d same flight dat day. So far you are not lieing I see no reason why should b afraid. We all scaled thru. The only thing ibwaa told was my receipt my b complete wen next I'm coming in. Pray and tell dem ur intentions here.My own advice o

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
Pls which other easy stress-free POE can one use except New york?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 11:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
abike02:
I remember I came to houston on direct flight n we were 6preggies on d same flight dat day. So far you are not lieing I see no reason why should b afraid. We all scaled thru. The only thing ibwaa told was my receipt my b complete wen next I'm coming in. Pray and tell dem ur intentions here.My own advice o

Thanks so much for your encouragement. We key into God's favour that was with you at Houston POE.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 12:20am On Apr 27, 2015
Pls anyone awake should pls ans me was d postal code for ikeja? dis delta ple no gree me book my flight cos of dis undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 1:49am On Apr 27, 2015
Just put 11111

bambini:
Pls
anyone awake should pls ans me was d postal code for ikeja? dis delta ple no gree me book my flight cos of dis undecided

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shirley013: 2:41am On Apr 27, 2015
Prince George's County hospital (they may have updated their prices, @karypops shared the latest prices which I have attached below
Dr A.G Chaudry
Doc's fee including all visits n tests $2514
Hospital: Mother
$3539.16, Baby $797.14
Total $6,850.30

You can google for the contact info of the various doctors and hospitals. Most do not accept email correspondence. Just phone and fax.

[/quote]

for those considering prince George in maryland the hospital fee for mother & baby is 7,500+ for normal delivery without epiduralol for 2nights.
I was actually heading to El paso for delivery bt my baby came earlier so I was taken to PG hospital I paid the above as hospital fee excluding Dr & other charges note dat this is not emergency fee it is their standard fee.
They give 1% discount for self paid.
I hope some1 finds this useful.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by abike02: 3:46am On Apr 27, 2015
Pls house I need info. On how much united airline charge to change my return date. Pls it's urgent because I can't wait till d initial date on my ticket. Need to change it asap. Pls help me ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 7:01am On Apr 27, 2015
shelly23:
Just put 11111

Tnx dear i still cldnt book it, dey said was for der miles since den i v been trying but cant.

Wats d official website for delta dat one can book a normal ticket?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 7:02am On Apr 27, 2015
I v made a last minute decision to go wit my mum, how can i book an expediate interview for her? wld i need to pay extra?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Lay2uer(m): 8:56am On Apr 27, 2015
abike02:
Pls house I need info. On how much united airline charge to change my return date. Pls it's urgent because I can't wait till d initial date on my ticket. Need to change it asap. Pls help me ooo

hmmm i had paid an initial 684k or so for myself and my baby to elpaso and had to change to maryland. i paid an additional 120k or so to change o.

dou i bought the tickets tru waka now and wen i called united dey said i had to go tru d same agents to change.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Bsharon: 8:59am On Apr 27, 2015
bambini:

Tnx dear i still cldnt book it, dey said was for der miles since den i v been trying but cant.

Wats d official website for delta dat one can book a normal ticket?

Hello, you can book a ticket by calling the delta office on 012799000. That was how I booked mine and paid at a Gt bank. Hope it helps

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 10:10am On Apr 27, 2015
abike02:

Thank you abike, Don't know why everybody is running from houston POE. May dear I tap into your successful POE.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 11:36am On Apr 27, 2015
I know it is only you that will find sumtin to say. Madam ever-suspicious and superstitious. Anyway to correct you, I didnt mean that I just realised that my husband has a green card. What I meant is that I have never really given it a thought that his status could affect my application till someone mentioned it to me. So I decided to ask sensible people here.
Shawbabe:

Bia did u people just marry today abi last night? Or una be strangers? grin

How did u not know all this while una dey plan to born pikin for U.S? And he has been traveling every 6 months to maintain his status? This ur story is suspect oh lol

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 11:39am On Apr 27, 2015
Thanks jare.
vamum:

All, let's continue to give advice based on experience and not on speculation.

Your husband having a green card does make things a little harder. Didn't want to mention this so I don't discourage you, My husband tried a visitors visa 3 times and was denied all 3 times cos there was clearly an intent to immigrate according to the VO. And at this time all I was doing with my green card was going to give birth and the 6 month routine.

You do have to pay your bills as you are not yet a permanent resident. Even logically if you go to a hospital do the bills come out in your name or your husbands name?

And yes if you are not able to go right now, I wouldn't worry too much as your husband can still file for you all. You giving birth there would only have made the process a little faster for only your child.

And as I said everyone's case is a little different so I won't discourage you, just be ready with all your answers and pray really hard. Be careful with any responses as it concerns husband being in Nigeria and working. Everything will work out for your good.

God Bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:49am On Apr 27, 2015
Everybody Houston, Houston Houston,

No Chicago cry cry

All alone in this big fat lonely windy city...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Girlmummy: 11:52am On Apr 27, 2015
nefertitiram:

No Chicago cry cry

Your Chicago is better. Mine is Denver, I've never even heard that state name here.... LOL!!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mimikreationz: 12:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
Girlmummy:

Your Chicago is better. Mine is Denver, I've never even heard that state name here.... LOL!!!!

Lolzz.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ladyjoie: 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hello everyone,
I need help pls, I am having issues booking for acc online,I need hotel reservation for my visa interview, going wit hubby n 2 kids
Should I book for the max period of 30 days?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 9jabiggurl: 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
nefertitiram:

No Chicago cry cry

lol....the city is expensive and YES freezingly cold and windy....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
nefertitiram:

No Chicago cry cry

. Sorry dear, but you can attract people to Chicago If U eventually find cheap birthing package. We won't mind changing our ticket and heading to Chicago asap lol plus U still have a long way to go before U are due. Try and find something to keep you busy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 2:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
@ Mimikreationz. What about telegram? Please where are you girls lodging?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by twizzie: 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ouch...Madam, that was totally uncalled for....

Newmum0615:
I know it is only you that will find sumtin to say. Madam ever-suspicious and superstitious. Anyway to correct you, I didnt mean that I just realised that my husband has a green card. What I meant is that I have never really given it a thought that his status could affect my application till someone mentioned it to me. So I decided to ask sensible people here.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Ferarrix: 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
For the adventurous ones here, i heard it is possible to get an international driving license here in Nigeria and rent a car for movement while in US for birthing.

any personal experiences ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.