Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892857 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SAkale: 4:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
I am a June grin Mum, houston bound in May by Gods grace, please can i have advice on affordable accommodation> ? PLEASE JUNE MUM LETS PLAN TOGETHER. Thank you... smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 5:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
Yes it is very possible. Depending on the car rental company you use, some accept debit cards with a cash deposit before releasing the car while others accept only credit cards.
I normally use avis or enterprise when i'm on holiday and they even pick me up to collect the car.

Ferarrix:
For the adventurous ones here, i heard it is possible to get an international driving license here in Nigeria and rent a car for movement while in US for birthing.

any personal experiences ?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 6:00pm On Apr 27, 2015
Yeah, you can't book Delta tickets online in Nigeria, only through their office or agents (like wakanow).
tongue

bambini:

Tnx dear i still cldnt book it, dey said was for der miles since den i v been trying but cant.

Wats d official website for delta dat one can book a normal ticket?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
ladyjoie:
Hello everyone,
I need help pls, I am having issues booking for acc online,I need hotel reservation for my visa interview, going wit hubby n 2 kids
Should I book for the max period of 30 days?

Try booking.com and yes,you can book for 30 days now and extend it when you get there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slimwendy85: 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hi all, please apart from diamond bank, what other bank is into pta?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 7:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
slimwendy85:

Keystone and access bank.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slimwendy85: 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
@modath, thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
I was told at access that they dont give pta anymore. I got 8000$ at 199.5 from fidelity using my visa n dat of my husband.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 7:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
shimk:
I was told at access that they dont give pta anymore. I got 8000$ at 199.5 from fidelity using my visa n dat of my husband.

Must one have an account with the bank? If I open an account with them this week and request for PTA next week, will I be considered?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slimwendy85: 8:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
Do you and your husband have separate accounts with fidelity, or just one of you. Wondering how you managed to change 8k. Also, did u both have to be present? Or you took your passports n it was sold to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 8:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
dittobaby:

Must one have an account with the bank? If I open an account with them this week and request for PTA next week, will I be considered?

just confirmed from a staff of diers.
he says dey sell to even walk in customers meaning u dnt necc. hv to hv an account with dem so even if u opened an account dey'd give u after a week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 8:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
slimwendy85:
Do you and your husband have separate accounts with fidelity, or just one of you. Wondering how you managed to change 8k. Also, did u both have to be present? Or you took your passports n it was sold to you.

no dear. am d only one who has an account with dem . I just went with our passports and a copy of our tickets each cus he is coming in a month after me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slimwendy85: 8:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
Thanks shimk. Will check out fidelity then. What percentage did the bank charge u for the transaction. I heard if u have an account with diamond, you are charged 1 percent of the amount you are buying, but if you do not have an account you are charged 6percent. So was wondering fidelity's rate.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tkaysexyb33: 9:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
slimwendy85:

Hi,

Sterling bank does PTA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 9:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
slimwendy85:
Thanks shimk. Will check out fidelity then. What percentage did the bank charge u for the transaction. I heard if u have an account with diamond, you are charged 1 percent of the amount you are buying, but if you do not have an account you are charged 6percent. So was wondering fidelity's rate.

not too sure buh I knw it wasn't much at all. will confirm tmrw morning n get bk to u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slimwendy85: 9:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ok, thanks.
@tksexyb33, thanks too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
shimk:

just confirmed from a staff of diers.
he says dey sell to even walk in customers meaning u dnt necc. hv to hv an account with dem so even if u opened an account dey'd give u after a week.

Hey, thanks! I'll definitely check them out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Solarmila: 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
Goodday All,

Please i need some information. Am 9 weeks pregnant, and i want to put to bed in US. Which is advisable, i tell the Officer during the interview am pregnant or i lie and say NO. I will be applying with my husband and daughter, we all traveled last year to UK, we were planning to go for a family vacation in US this year before i found out i was pregnant.

Secondly, please i need affordable hospitals in Baltimore, maryland or Atlanta where i can put to bed. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 12:59am On Apr 28, 2015
Hi all. Please I need help urgently. For those of you already in the US (maybe Texas precisely) or mamas and papas that have come and gone back, please how did you go about making calls and all?
I have searched and found where some network providers where mentioned but the info was not detailed
Pls can someone give a detailed answer to this?
What phone plans can one use here to make local and international calls and data if possible?
The phone plan, is it a package that works with ones network or you get the sim?
Which ever it is, how can one go bout getting it?

Pls help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 2:49am On Apr 28, 2015
You can either use doctorespatati or get a doctor affiliated to the hospital yourself. Most people here use doctorespatati
Nogen:
Good morning. Please , those of you who have used Del Sol Medical Centre, how did you get a doctor's appointment? Did you get to choose your doctor yourself or was it doctorparati that made the choice for you. I need to understand how it works over there. Thanks Mamas and Papas.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 2:54am On Apr 28, 2015
I m using chicago. ...coming next month though.

nefertitiram:
Everybody Houston, Houston Houston,

No Chicago cry cry

All alone in this big fat lonely windy city...

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 2:56am On Apr 28, 2015
Use this link to find the right code www.nigeriapostcodes.com
bambini:
Pls anyone awake should pls ans me was d postal code for ikeja? dis delta ple no gree me book my flight cos of dis undecided

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 3:01am On Apr 28, 2015
Yeah. 30days is fine
ladyjoie:
Hello everyone,
I need help pls, I am having issues booking for acc online,I need hotel reservation for my visa interview, going wit hubby n 2 kids
Should I book for the max period of 30 days?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jascon1(m): 3:05am On Apr 28, 2015
chidaroy:
Yeah. 30days is fine
how cud u advise one to book 30days in a hotel. What if she doesn't like the hotel or the services? What if she would love to visit other states? What if she finds a host?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 3:09am On Apr 28, 2015
Where in Texas are you? In elpaso I got this 29dollar postpaid mobile sim from Lycamobile. I can make both local and international calls +data. That works for me. Not sure if it's available in other parts of Texas
woaini:
Hi all. Please I need help urgently. For those of you already in the US (maybe Texas precisely) or mamas and papas that have come and gone back, please how did you go about making calls and all?
I have searched and found where some network providers where mentioned but the info was not detailed
Pls can someone give a detailed answer to this?
What phone plans can one use here to make local and international calls and data if possible?
The phone plan, is it a package that works with ones network or you get the sim?
Which ever it is, how can one go bout getting it?

Pls help

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 3:11am On Apr 28, 2015
She needs it for the Embassy. As long as she can cancel, it shouldn't be bad. The Embassy might find it quest able if she has accomodation for few days. That was just my 2 cents. You can profer better solution.
jascon1:
how cud u advise one to book 30days in a hotel. What if she doesn't like the hotel or the services? What if she would love to visit other states? What if she finds a host?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jascon1(m): 3:46am On Apr 28, 2015
chidaroy:
She needs it for the Embassy. As long as she can cancel, it shouldn't be bad. The Embassy might find it quest able if she has accomodation for few days. That was just my 2 cents. You can profer better solution.
oh k. Your idea isn't bad anyways. She can cancel then seek a refund.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 4:12am On Apr 28, 2015
jascon1:
oh k. Your idea isn't bad anyways. She can cancel then seek a refund.

When she books, she does not need to pay. You only need to fill in your card info. You will only be charged if you use the hotel.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gracydee(f): 4:14am On Apr 28, 2015
Girlmummy:

Your Chicago is better. Mine is Denver, I've never even heard that state name here.... LOL!!!!

am in denver o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 4:15am On Apr 28, 2015
chidaroy:
Where in Texas are you? In elpaso I got this 29dollar postpaid mobile sim from Lycamobile. I can make both local and international calls +data. That works for me. Not sure if it's available in other parts of Texas

So is it something I can get online? And how do you recharge? I am in central Texas. Georgetown
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 4:38am On Apr 28, 2015
woaini:

So is it something I can get online? And how do you recharge? I am in central Texas. Georgetown
You can buy the sim card on amazon or eBay. You can recharge it by calling their customer service number
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 5:00am On Apr 28, 2015
chidaroy:
You can either use doctorespatati or get a doctor affiliated to the hospital yourself. Most people here use doctorespatati

Thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.