Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892739 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 7:25am On Apr 28, 2015
Newmum0615:
I know it is only you that will find sumtin to say. Madam ever-suspicious and superstitious. Anyway to correct you, I didnt mean that I just realised that my husband has a green card. What I meant is that I have never really given it a thought that his status could affect my application till someone mentioned it to me. So I decided to ask sensible people here.

Lmao @ suspicious and superstitious! Wetin concern me and ur hub's green card? No need to be defensive lol. It's ok if u just found out my dear. I was actually messing with u when I posted that and wasn't even serious. But nice try with ur explanation though becoz if it was actually true, u would have known since and if his status will affect u. U didn't just wake up and decide to born in America. I'm sure una discuss am, or may be not. grin

All the same, ur explanation doesn't make sense and ur question suspect. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 7:27am On Apr 28, 2015
So my people I booked infant ticket oh, at 177 dollars. Did one kain acrobatic moves and paid sharply!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamacajah: 8:11am On Apr 28, 2015
Shawbabe:
So my people I booked infant ticket oh, at 177 dollars. Did one kain acrobatic moves and paid sharply!

Sharp babe. abeg tell us how you did it and for which airline?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Girlmummy: 8:17am On Apr 28, 2015
Gracydee:

am in denver o

Where in Denver are you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 9jabiggurl: 9:09am On Apr 28, 2015
Shawbabe:

Lmao @ suspicious and superstitious! Wetin concern me and ur hub's green card? No need to be defensive lol. It's ok if u just found out my dear. I was actually messing with u when I posted that and wasn't even serious. But nice try with ur explanation though becoz if it was actually true, u would have known since and if his status will affect u. U didn't just wake up and decide to born in America. I'm sure una discuss am, or may be not. grin

All the same, ur explanation doesn't make sense and ur question suspect. cheesy

@shawbabe, just try and be a little more conservative by not having something to say to everyone. Haba! your reply isn't called for. which one be "suspect' are you an SS agent or Jack Bauer. She doesnt owe anybod any further explanation but she deemed it fit to give you a very realistic answer which i rekcon with....oversight can happen to anybody especially when you are engrossed with this birth thing in Yankee....every other thing becomes secondary till it posses as an hindrance.

@ newmum2015....just give it a try with the embassy and we ALL await your goodnews....God's favour all the way for you and if otherwise you have nothing much to loss as husby will get you and baby and even all your children covered eventually.

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by west300: 9:42am On Apr 28, 2015
hi guys how is everyone please i need help with this issue i just had my baby at northside hospital atlanta and i am ready to get discharged am filling out my baby birth certificate application form but there is a slight issue,i am married to my husband but haven't gone around changing my last name on my passport because i want it to expire first now on filling my baby birth certificate form the are requesting for my husband to sign the paternity notary if not my child will have my last name on her birth certificate which i do not want please is there a way around this, because my husband was denied a us visa and can't make this trip to sign and show his id please i need help God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 10:06am On Apr 28, 2015
west300:
hi guys how is everyone please i need help with this issue i just had my baby at northside hospital atlanta and i am ready to get discharged am filling out my baby birth certificate application form but there is a slight issue,i am married to my husband but haven't gone around changing my last name on my passport because i want it to expire first now on filling my baby birth certificate form the are requesting for my husband to sign the paternity notary if not my child will have my last name on her birth certificate which i do not want please is there a way around this, because my husband was denied a us visa and can't make this trip to sign and show his id please i need help God bless

They should accept your marriage certificate as proof. This happened to me as well. It's for paternity issues later on.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 9jabiggurl: 10:10am On Apr 28, 2015
west300:

I also still have my maiden name on my passport but was not requested to have husband sign any paternity form. However if you have your marriage certificate with you which details both your maiden and married name should suffice....don't allow being bullied, its your choice the name you want on your childs certificate. Also i know on the birth certificate form there is room for both maiden name and married(legal) name, so really talk your way through you should be fine with God's favour.....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 10:16am On Apr 28, 2015
west300:

You've got nothing to worry about in my view. Let your husband go ahead and fill his name in the notary,do same on your child's birth certificate. The hospitals never bother with what is on your passport. If you have your wedding certificate with you that should help solve any confusion when you go to pick your child's birth certificate.

Meanwhile, its not all women that bears their husband name after wedding o. Its quite common in america. Chelsea Clinton still answers her fathers name,she is not Chelsea Mezvinski. where clinton dey,who dash monkey banana grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 10:20am On Apr 28, 2015
Shawbabe:

Lmao @ suspicious and superstitious! Wetin concern me and ur hub's green card?

I can see you are still fomenting trouble on this threadcheesy grin. @Poster dont mind her na so this my paddy dey do.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 10:41am On Apr 28, 2015
chidaroy:
Where in Texas are you? In elpaso I got this 29dollar postpaid mobile sim from Lycamobile. I can make both local and international calls +data. That works for me. Not sure if it's available in other parts of Texas

After buying the plan for $29,do you still need to load money on the phone again in order for you to call 9ja?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 10:55am On Apr 28, 2015
Solarmila:
Goodday All,

Please i need some information. Am 9 weeks pregnant, and i want to put to bed in US. Which is advisable, i tell the Officer during the interview am pregnant or i lie and say NO. I will be applying with my husband and daughter, we all traveled last year to UK, we were planning to go for a family vacation in US this year before i found out i was pregnant.

Secondly, please i need hospitals in Baltimore, maryland or Atlanta where i can put to bed. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Madam just read the thread from page 1 I'm sure you'll find more than enough info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Girlmummy: 11:25am On Apr 28, 2015
Solarmila:
Goodday All,

Please i need some information. Am 9 weeks pregnant, and i want to put to bed in US. Which is advisable, i tell the Officer during the interview am pregnant or i lie and say NO. I will be applying with my husband and daughter, we all traveled last year to UK, we were planning to go for a family vacation in US this year before i found out i was pregnant.

Secondly, please i need affordable hospitals in Baltimore, maryland or Atlanta where i can put to bed. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Just forget about lying. Apart from the fact that honesty pays.....you don't want to put yourself in a tight corner.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 28, 2015
9jabiggurl:

I also still have my maiden name on my passport but was not requested to have husband sign any paternity form. However if you have your marriage certificate with you which details both your maiden and married name should suffice....don't allow being bullied, its your choice the name you want on your childs certificate. Also i know on the birth certificate form there is room for both maiden name and married(legal) name, so really talk your way through you should be fine with God's favour.....
correct
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by labdej: 12:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
Good day all,

Please, do we have any naira lander who has used the "Pampered Stay" accommodation in Houston? Kindly let me know how the place is.

Alternatively, can anyone suggest an affordable accommodation that can house a family of Hubby, wify, toddler and a new born.

Thank
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drafrican: 12:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
sucre26:

When she books, she does not need to pay. You only need to fill in your card info. You will only be charged if you use the hotel.
Well on booking dot com ,when I booked an hotel it was deducted because they said it was discounted and non refundable,I suggest you use an ATM from an empty account,booking. Com will still recognize the card but the hotel can't deduct the money, you get an automated confirmation of your booking but the next day they will send you a mail your card was declined but obviously your details are never released to anyone and they ask you to call the hotel on so so no to pay.
Not all bookings are refundable, some say 48 hrs notice some say an admin fee will still be charged
Hope it helps donno bout USA hotels though
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nneka3000: 12:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
Hello all, I am new here but have been following for two week. Please I have a question (could not find it when I search part 1 and 2)

What date should I put as return date when booking ticket, I am a September mum travelling to Houston in late July.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 1:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
nneka3000:
Hello all, I am new here but have been following for two week. Please I have a question (could not find it when I search part 1 and 2)

What date should I put as return date when booking ticket, I am a September mum travelling to Houston in late July.

Thank you

It really depends on you. You have to factor in the length of time you wish to spend in the US, your EDD, the approximate time it will take to get your baby's documents in the state/location your are going to, the time you have off work (if you are working) and the possibility of getting your leave extended and so on.
Its really a gamble cos at the end of the day you never can tell. But it's best u make the considerations and keep your mind open to changing your return date.
Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 2:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
Thanks jare. She has shown overtime to be a trouble-seeking person. I wonder why I responded to her in the first place.
9jabiggurl:

@shawbabe, just try and be a little more conservative by not having something to say to everyone. Haba! your reply isn't called for. which one be "suspect' are you an SS agent or Jack Bauer. She doesnt owe anybod any further explanation but she deemed it fit to give you a very realistic answer which i rekcon with....oversight can happen to anybody especially when you are engrossed with this birth thing in Yankee....every other thing becomes secondary till it posses as an hindrance.

@ newmum2015....just give it a try with the embassy and we ALL await your goodnews....God's favour all the way for you and if otherwise you have nothing much to loss as husby will get you and baby and even all your children covered eventually.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2015
Mind her ke? I get time? She should just take her immature ways someplace else. I wonder how she is in person.
Tvegas:

I can see you are still fomenting trouble on this threadcheesy grin. @Poster dont mind her na so this my paddy dey do.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nneka3000: 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
[quote author=woaini post=33197465

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
SAkale:
I am a June grin Mum, houston bound in May by Gods grace, please can i have advice on affordable accommodation> ? PLEASE JUNE MUM LETS PLAN TOGETHER. Thank you... smiley

Send me a PM. Let's talk.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
9jabiggurl:

Hahaha! Aunty voltron! For ur mind now u just dropped deep knowledge abi? Mehn this thread is full of short fused folks I swear. Either una no dey get jokes and sarcasm sha. My initial post was in no way insulting to her it was a JOKE oh! But una be bunch of backward thinking females! Yes I said it! Hissssss!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 5:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
Tvegas:

Lmao! Tvegas oh, abeg free me! grin Apparently na only a few intelligent bunch wey get my joke!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2015
Newmum0615:
Mind her ke? I get time? She should just take her immature ways someplace else. I wonder how she is in person.

U need not wonder my dear, I said b4 wetin concern me and ur wahala lol.

Besides says the person who PMed me for info and I helped where I could like we all help each other on here. If I was what u believe I woulda cursed u out in the PM cheesy
My dear I tease people a lot, that`s what I do. I joke a lot, and it takes a smart person to handle it, I have joked with people about their email IDs sef, and we laugh about it. If I was really out to fight, I would have responded ur post with something serious and insulting, but I didn`t becoz it`s all laugh to me. I wonder why I`m even explaining sef like I care....lol.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 5:14pm On Apr 28, 2015
mamacajah:

Sharp babe. abeg tell us how you did it and for which airline?

The people quoting $438 was the North America dept of Delta. I just called their naija branch, where I bought my own ticket and they did infant ticet for me at a lesser price. I think an NL mum has mentioned it on here b4, that her husband went and paid in naija for cheaper. But that`s the acrobatic move I did oh

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 5:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
MIHS mamas pls who has used monterra apartment before and wats ur 2cents abt it? why is legacy suits choosen over it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
slimwendy85:
Ok, thanks.
@tksexyb33, thanks too.

sorry work was smtn else today.

Was told fidelity only charges comm n vat if ur accnt is a savings account n no charge at all for current accounts.

However for smone who doesn't hv an account they also only charge cot n vat.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 6:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
It's not automatic o! It actually depends on the type of ticket (economy has different codes for the tickets) and time of travel. At least that's what I was told when I called the naija office.

I called the US office and got a quote of $86 for my daughter.

Shawbabe:

The people quoting $438 was the North America dept of Delta. I just called their naija branch, where I bought my own ticket and they did infant ticet for me at a lesser price. I think an NL mum has mentioned it on here b4, that her husband went and paid in naija for cheaper. But that`s the acrobatic move I did oh

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slimwendy85: 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
[quote author=shimk post=33208064]

sorry work was smtn else today.

Thanks for the feed back. Was at fidelity bank ajah today, the babe I met said I have to have an account that has been operational for 3 months. Will try a Victoria island branch. Maybe she didn't know what she was saying.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 6:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
My husby went to Fidelity Bank (Abuja) today and he was told they give PTA only to account holders! Or is there any particular branch they give walk in customers?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
@ slimwendy and dittobaby

toh I dey kd. and d guy works in dier branch at kd.

just called him now. he said he isnt aware dt the rules had changed and he is the head of operations here. dat he wud call someone now n confirm n get bk to me.

lets wait n hear wat he says.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.