Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,666 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship (8365 Views)

I May Renounce My Canadian Citizenship By Pius Adesanmi / I’m Ready To Renounce My Throne For Biafra Freedom”–eze Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu Father / Nigerian Citizenship Eligibility With Regard To Elected Offices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Jan 13, 2009
I wonder what would happen if we moved to attack the problems the way we attack each other for having an opinion on these issues? From north to south, seems we are more willing to attack our neighbour for having a differing opinion, than we are to attack the real issues that continue to plague us all as a people land reduce us to beings lower than animals in more cases than one.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Eziachi: 4:28pm On Jan 13, 2009
Ha ha ha ha ha!! You have to laugh sometimes or one die of heart ache.
With commentss like this masquerading as patrotism, who really want to be a Nigerian?
I am sure many hand are up.
Many do believe that love of their country means being mentally blind, see no evi, hear no evil and talk no evil.
Then everything is jolly good.

It's a hard fact that many Germans, British, Americans, Japanese etc will renounce their country in an instant if they are to face just one percent of what Nigerian had to endure for a life time, talkless of having a mirror image of Nigerian rogue rulers as their leaders. Can you just picture Malam Yar Adua as U.S president, British premier in this critical times of their economic difficulties? A clueless quota educated air head, whose only part to leadership is that his brother was once a part of a ruling military junta.
That is where it ends.
The guy who renounced his citizenship is just one of thousands, only that he went public. No wonder a Nigerian being deported from the U.K claimed that he rather commit suicide than to return to Nigeria and the U.K immigration judge saw sense of his seriousness and allowed him to stay.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Sapphic: 5:19pm On Jan 13, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

He was actually born in the US so he cannot be deported, or can he?

No he cannot be deported if he was born in the US. For some unfathomable reason, I assumed that he was born in Nigeria. undecided

nuzo:

For the fact that he's no more nigerian doesnt mean that he can't visit any where he wishes to visit so far he's in line with the country's immigration laws. Abi no be so?

At no point did I say he cannot visit wherever he liked. I just said since he felt such Bile against Nigeria "he need not return to Nigeria ever again".
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Jan 13, 2009
Is the “Bile” spewed really about his returning or not? Why overlook the main message only to pick on the few and make an issue of that? The man points out various issues that you and I know to be the reality in the country. Why not focus on the main, instead of attacking his person for seeing and reacting to the same issues in a different way?
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Ifygurl: 6:39pm On Jan 13, 2009
I think the guy is just stupid. Okay, one wetin the man do to help at least a beggar in the streets of Naija. His pissed because no one showed up in his rally. What was the title for his rally? How much did he promote it?
I learned a valuable lesson from my Indian professor yesterday, He said and I quote "Don't blame others for your problems, blame yourself". The guy is yelling and screaming that no one showed up in his rally, he should ask himself, how many time did I promote my rally? what was my rally’s topic and what are people’s reaction to it? He should ask himself that.
Secondly, what has he done at least for Nigeria?
Okay, let us go to Anambra. A businessman from Anambra donated enough money to fix the roads in Anambra. I have not seen it yet but my mother did, she traveled to Nigeria last year (2008) and according to her Anambra roads were clean and fixed
If the Anambra businessman decided to denounce his citizenship, then at least we would have known he did something to benefit Nigeria.
The poster seems to be worried about living in Poverty. I've been to many countries and I’ve met a lot of Nigerians in those countries, I’ve never seen a Nigeria in any country including the one I’m staying in (America) that would stand up and say "I live like a rich man in this borrowed country". I have seen a lot of Nigerians in America and in Britain complaining on how much they work, just so they can make enough for their family. Does the poster actually think if he leaves Nigeria and migrates to another country then everything is peachy? Does he actually think life isn’t hard in other countries?
One thing I learnt while living in America is the community tries to fix there self up even if the government refuses to fix them. I have seen people start charities to pick up trash on the street or burning those trashes. Hell, my high school ROTC class was involved with one; it is called "Adopt a Spot".
I've seen many Nigerians complaining about the trash on the street of Naija and it makes me wonder how many of those Nigerians that I’ve complained had started a charities just to keep the streets clean, either by burning the trash or picking one up.
Let’s take another Naija state for example.
Calabar was labeled the cleanest city in Naija and one of the cleanest in Africa. While reading the article I saw pictures of old women sweeping the streets of Calabar with regular broom. It seems the citizens of Calabar are not waiting for the government to take care of the city, they decided to do it their damn self.
When I visited Naija in 2004, I remembered in Enugu early in the morning, people that are going to work would actually stop and set the trash lying around on fire. I remembered the smell, it stuck but it helped keep the street clean.
Anytime I see a Nigerian complain, the first thing I think about is what has he/she done to improve living in Nigeria.

Anyway, like someone said before, the poster has every right to his opinion. I doubt any of us would miss him. I know I wouldn't.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by mustafar1: 6:46pm On Jan 13, 2009
Ifygurl:

I think the guy is just stupid. Okay, one wetin the man do to help at least a beggar in the streets of Naija. His pissed because no one showed up in his rally. What was the title for his rally? How much did he promote it?
I learned a valuable lesson from my Indian professor yesterday, He said and I quote "Don't blame others for your problems, blame yourself". The guy is yelling and screaming that no one showed up in his rally, he should ask himself, how many time did I promote my rally? what was my rally’s topic and what are people’s reaction to it? He should ask himself that.
Okay, let us go to Anambra. A businessman from Anambra donated enough money to fix the roads in Anambra. I have not seen it yet but my mother did, she traveled to Nigeria last year (2008) and according to her Anambra roads were clean and fixed
If the Anambra businessman decided to denounce his citizenship, then at least we would have known he did something to benefit Nigeria.
The poster seems to be worried about living in Poverty. I've been to many countries and I’ve met a lot of Nigerians in those countries, I’ve never seen a Nigeria in any country including the one I’m staying in (America) that would stand up and say "I live like a rich man in this borrowed country". I have seen a lot of Nigerians in America and in Britain complaining on how much they work, just so they can make enough for their family. Does the poster actually think if he leaves Nigeria and migrates to another country then everything is peachy? Does he actually think life isn’t hard in other countries?
One thing I learnt while living in America is the community tries to fix there self up even if the government refuses to fix them. I have seen people start charities to pick up trash on the street or burning those trashes. Hell, my high school ROTC class was involved with one; it is called "Adopt a Spot".
I've seen many Nigerians complaining about the trash on the street of Naija and it makes me wonder how many of those Nigerians that I’ve complained had started a charities just to keep the streets clean, either by burning the trash or picking one up.
Calabar was labeled the cleanest city in Naija and one of the cleanest in Africa. While reading the article I saw pictures of old women sweeping the streets of Calabar with regular broom. It seems the citizens of Calabar are not waiting for the government to take care of the city, they decided to do it their damn self.
When I visited Naija in 2004, I remembered in Enugu early in the morning, people that are going to work would actually stop and set the trash lying around on fire. I remembered the smell, it stuck but it helped keep the street clean.
Anytime I see a Nigerian complain, the first thing I think about is what has he/she done to improve living in Nigeria.

Anyway, like someone said before, the poster has every right to his opinion. I doubt any of us would miss him. I know I wouldn't.

not in support of the poster nor am i against him, but did u read his post or u simply breezed thru and decided u knew enough to make a comment about what was written?
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Jan 13, 2009
Roflmao!!!! Kai!!! Naija!! Roflmao!!!
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by naijaking1: 7:18pm On Jan 13, 2009
This is one of the most difficult threads to respond. The author is honest, emotional, and loves Nigeria.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by BOSS7: 7:24pm On Jan 13, 2009
Ifygurl:

I think the guy is just stupid.  [b]Okay, one wetin the man do to help at least a beggar in the streets of Naija.  [/b]His pissed because no one showed up in his rally.  What was the title for his rally? How much did he promote it?
I learned a valuable lesson from my Indian professor yesterday, He said and I quote "Don't blame others for your problems, blame yourself".  The guy is yelling and screaming that no one showed up in his rally, he should ask himself, how many time did I promote my rally? what was my rally’s topic and what are people’s reaction to it?  He should ask himself that.
Okay, let us go to Anambra.  A businessman from Anambra donated enough money to fix the roads in Anambra.  I have not seen it yet but my mother did, she traveled to Nigeria last year (2008) and according to her Anambra roads were clean and fixed
The poster seems to be worried about living in Poverty. I've been to many countries and I’ve met a lot of Nigerians in those countries, I’ve never seen a Nigeria in any country including the one I’m staying in (America) that would stand up and say "I live like a rich man in this borrowed country".  I have seen a lot of  Nigerians in America and in Britain complaining on how much they work, just so they can make enough for their family.  Does the poster actually think if he leaves Nigeria and migrates to another country then everything is peachy?  Does he actually think life isn’t hard in other countries?  
One thing I learnt while living in America is the community tries to fix there self up even if the government refuses to fix them.  I have seen people start charities to pick up trash on the street or burning those trashes.  Hell, my high school ROTC class was involved with one; it is called "Adopt a Spot".
Calabar was labeled the cleanest city in Naija and one of the cleanest in Africa.  While reading the article I saw pictures of old women sweeping the streets of Calabar with regular broom.  It seems the citizens of Calabar are not waiting for the government to take care of the city, they decided to do it their damn self.  
When I visited Naija in 2004, I remembered in Enugu early in the morning, people that are going to work would actually stop and set the trash lying around on fire.  I remembered the smell, it stuck but it helped keep the street clean.

Anyway, like someone said before, the poster has every right to his opinion.  I doubt any of us would miss him.  I know I wouldn't.

You definitely didn't read the article neither did you skim through (based on the highlighted above), Now open your internet browser and get on this link http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index.php/content/view/11171/55 and then come back and re-state your opinions.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 7:35pm On Jan 13, 2009
It is easier to attack the man for having a view, than to accept that we do have a problem. grin
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by vicade(m): 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2009
What did the Author say that we don't already know? before he said it Naija had problems, When he was saying it,Naija had problems. After he said it, Naija still has problems. And what is his solution? Renouncing Nigeria? All these things all this useless activists and co. are saying has been said by FELA.

Listen to Sorrow, Tears and blood and Suffering and Smiling by Fela and you will catch the drift,

He the author should lead by example the way things should be.At least FELA did and we all know what he went through.

This soyemi guy is just another useless and baseless publicity monger. It is just like him telling me the sky is blue-How Revealing.

And look at his closing statement:

Soyemi:God, please damn the Nigerian in my blood. Sorry dude, DAMN YOU
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Eziachi: 7:50pm On Jan 13, 2009
Ifygurl:

I think the guy is just stupid.  Okay, one wetin the man do to help at least a beggar in the streets of Naija.  His pissed because no one showed up in his rally.  What was the title for his rally? How much did he promote it?
I learned a valuable lesson from my Indian professor yesterday, He said and I quote "Don't blame others for your problems, blame yourself".  The guy is yelling and screaming that no one showed up in his rally, he should ask himself, how many time did I promote my rally? what was my rally’s topic and what are people’s reaction to it?  He should ask himself that.
Okay, let us go to Anambra.  A businessman from Anambra donated enough money to fix the roads in Anambra.  I have not seen it yet but my mother did, she traveled to Nigeria last year (2008) and according to her Anambra roads were clean and fixed
The poster seems to be worried about living in Poverty.  I've been to many countries and I’ve met a lot of Nigerians in those countries, I’ve never seen a Nigeria in any country including the one I’m staying in (America) that would stand up and say "I live like a rich man in this borrowed country".  I have seen a lot of  Nigerians in America and in Britain complaining on how much they work, just so they can make enough for their family.  Does the poster actually think if he leaves Nigeria and migrates to another country then everything is peachy?  Does he actually think life isn’t hard in other countries? 
One thing I learnt while living in America is the community tries to fix there self up even if the government refuses to fix them.  I have seen people start charities to pick up trash on the street or burning those trashes.  Hell, my high school ROTC class was involved with one; it is called "Adopt a Spot".
Calabar was labeled the cleanest city in Naija and one of the cleanest in Africa.  While reading the article I saw pictures of old women sweeping the streets of Calabar with regular broom.  It seems the citizens of Calabar are not waiting for the government to take care of the city, they decided to do it their damn self. 
When I visited Naija in 2004, I remembered in Enugu early in the morning, people that are going to work would actually stop and set the trash lying around on fire.  I remembered the smell, it stuck but it helped keep the street clean.

Anyway, like someone said before, the poster has every right to his opinion.  I doubt any of us would miss him.  I know I wouldn't.

Why on earth do you choose the word of stupidity to describe this guy? Or is it just misuse of foreign languange, if anyone is stupid it could be you. And I will guess you  live abroad and see how things work but still has the mentality of a bush man from the equatorial forest.
Your mother told you Anambra is as clean now as the heaven, I bet, your mother didn't stay back to enjoy the new Anambra paradise. She must be back to the land where people demands the best from their leaders and will do anything to remain and live there.

How many roads has Bill Gate built in America or how many has Richard Branson built in the U.K?
Your businessman reference from Anambra has no business building what is govt's responsibility but only does so because we have inept rulers and allow them to get away with stuff or the guy like many others wants to show off wiyh the usual pouring sand on the old road and Oliver de Coque rush to the studio telling us how the money bag has buttered our bread.

In Igboland it's common for communities or individuals to build roads, hospital or school etc and hands them over to the govt to manage because of the situation we found ourselves in Nigeria after the war, where if don't provide those things for ourselves, no one will but that doesn't mean that it's right or should be a yardstick to measure responsibility of a citizen,whose duty is only to pay his tax to the govt and it's govt job to judiciously use the money to provide those amenities.

I find it very upsetting when you heared most Nigerians that had travel far and wide and see how things are done properly in other land but still reasons like*********!!!!!.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by BOSS7: 7:55pm On Jan 13, 2009
vicade:

What did the Author say that we don't already know? before he said it Naija had problems, When he was saying it,Naija had problems. After he said it, Naija still has problems. And what is his solution? Renouncing Nigeria? All these things all this useless activists and co. are saying has been said by FELA.

Listen to Sorrow, Tears and blood and Suffering and Smiling by Fela and you will catch the drift,

He the author should lead by example the way things should be.At least FELA did and we all know what he went through.

This soyemi guy is just another useless and baseless publicity monger. It is just like him telling me the sky is blue-How Revealing.

Fela voiced his opinions at the ills of the government, likewise Tai Solarin and now these modern day guys are doing the same things without resorting to violence and all you could do is sit on your comfortable chair and criticise? Did you just call them useless?

This gus is only prompting us to act and not just to literally take the message at face value. I hope you take a cue from the quote below even if you don't learn anything else at all today today from Nairaland.

Attacking the messenger and ignoring the message is one of the reasons why Nigeria and Nigerians are on their knees today and that will likely remain so until we are able to separate the message from the messenger.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2009
vicade:

And look at his closing statement:

Soyemi:God, please damn the Nigerian in my blood. Sorry dude, DAMN YOU

Now I have a problem with folks not READING content to full. The guy already rents out apartments to at least 3 families for FREE. He has dug boreholes so people can get water for free. What more do you need him to do? Build roads and fix electricity? Come on. Can you please be real and focus on the MAIN ISSUE instead of looking for ways of cutting the guy down for saying exactly what Fela said like thousand years ago, only that he gets to see it happening to this day.
By the way, how did Fela lead by example? I have a problem with people accepting criticism made by the likes of Tai Solarin, Fela and the others but once an ordinary Nigerians makes the same sort of observation, cutlasses and machetes come flying out as if they are not all human beings with minds to observe situations as they see em?

make we please end this ridiculous and absurb double standard o jare!!! It is really telling on the kind of people we really are.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by vicade(m): 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

Fela voiced his opinions at the ills of the government, likewise Tai Solarin and now these modern day guys are doing the same things without resorting to violence and all you could do is sit on your comfortable chair and criticise? Did you just call them useless?

This gus is only prompting us to act and not just to literally take the message at face value. I hope you take a cue from the quote below even if you don't learn anything else at all today today from Nairaland.

Attacking the messenger and ignoring the message is one of the reasons why Nigeria and Nigerians are on their knees today and that will likely remain so until we are able to separate the message from the messenger.

I already know what he is telling me and most people know!!!

He does not need to tell me all these things

He needs to act and inspire people and if he writing the obvious is acting then he is wasting his time. It is just like me telling u there is no stable electricity supply in naija. So? Is that news or action? What does he propose other than damning himself. We have had enough of talking. we have heard it all. What else is he gonna do apart from damn himself. What?
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Epiphany(m): 8:03pm On Jan 13, 2009
Look all, the guy is not renouncing Nigeria. I am sure he is just thrilling us with his literary prowess by using a parable/allegory.
But even if he renounces Nigeria, what about it? Is he not free to do so? If he feels that Nigeria has not done anything for him and he wants to gum himself to another country, it is his choice. After all, if parents can disown their kids and vice versa, why not do the same to your country? grin

I think we are being to emotional about this. I guarantee that if the option is offered to 150million Nigerians, at least 75 million will accept that choice. If 75 million people will agree to renounce Nigeria, some of our relatives - educated and otherwise - will be among them.

This same thing happened when Anthony Hopkins (the actor - Silence of the Lambs) accepted his american citizenship. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/721642.stm. Even tho he did not renounce his native British citizenship, the Welsh people (his native town) were very very upset and felt that he was not 'patriotic'. Recently or so, Pierce Brosnan (Former James Bond) also accepted to be an American citizen. What will we then say about these guys? Even with their star status, they still crave to be Americans!
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2009
vicade:

I already know what he is telling me and most people know!!!

He does not need to tell me all these things

You had the choice not to read it if you feel you already know everyone’s take on the issue.

vicade:

He needs to act and inspire people and if he writing the obvious is acting then he is wasting his time.
He should act? How? Save all of Nigeria? Why do we PAY government to look after the people then?

vicade:

It is just like me telling u there is no stable electricity supply in naija. So?
I beg to differ. It is not the same. This man is telling us of his experience and observation; all from his point of view. If you think it is similar to the way you see it, then fine. If you have not noticed, there are those among us who do not know there are problems in Nigeria at all. If you tell them there is no electricity, they will come back with something like “ What are candles and lanterns made for? “ Roflmao!!!

vicade:

Is that news or action? What does he propose other than damning himself. We have had enough of talking. we have heard it all. What else is he going to do apart from damn himself. What?

He is acting by voicing his concern, and outrage. No be wetin people all over the world do again? Voice their opinion on how the war has been going and make ttheir anti-war stance known? Why are you naughtyboyism the man for doing EXACTLY the same?

By the way, if you did not read it all, you have to. He actually does more than I can boast of doing for others right now, in that country. What more do you want from him? Do you want him to Rebuild all schools for the government of Nigeria too?
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by vicade(m): 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Now I have a problem with folks not READING content to fu[/b]ll. The guy already rents out apartments to at least 3 families for FREE. He has dug boreholes so people can get water for free. What more do you need him to do? Build roads and fix electricity? Come on. Can you please be real and focus on the MAIN ISSUE instead of looking for ways of cutting the guy down for saying exactly what Fela said like thousand years ago, only that he gets to see it happening to this day.
By the way, how did Fela lead by example? I have a problem with people accepting criticism made by the likes of Tai Solarin, Fela and the others but once an ordinary Nigerians makes the same sort of observation, cutlasses and machetes come flying out as if they are not all human beings with minds to observe situations as they see em?

[b]
make we please end this ridiculous and absurb double standard o jare!!! It is really telling on the kind of people we really are.

First of all i read the whole garbbage twice.

Second we already know the kind of people we really are. Where are the soultions he proposed instead of his ranting about the 1914 amalgamation and all that?

It is like me telling you sky is blue. I ALREADY KNOW THAT. The next step is what are we going to do about that instead of all this renouncing stuff and recycled gabbage. The next step. proposed soultions is more important than all these rants

There is nothing false about hope says obama, but whay soyemi does in his article is diminish such hope like telling an ugly person every day of their life how ugly they are. So What? WIll it make them prettier?
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Epiphany(m): 8:08pm On Jan 13, 2009
http://www.piercebrosnan.com/menu.php?mm=8&sm=1&pn=citizen
Even at the height of fame anyone can still aspire to be an American. Least of all, our own brother who feels that all there is in Naija is suffer suffer
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by bindex(m): 8:11pm On Jan 13, 2009
The guy has every right to vituperate,  As someone rightly said attacking the messenger and ignoring the message is one of the reasons why Nigeria and Nigerians are on their knees today and that will likely remain so until we are able to separate the message from the messenger.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by vicade(m): 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

He is acting by voicing his concern, and outrage. No be wetin people all over the world do again? Voice their opinion on how the war has been going and make ttheir anti-war stance known? Why are you naughtyboyism the man for doing EXACTLY the same?

By the way, if you did not read it all, you have to. He actually does more than I can boast of doing for others right now, in that country. What more do you want from him? Do you want him to Rebuild all schools for the government of Nigeria too?

His concerns can be voiced but so can mine and yours. But the concerns of the guy earning minimum wage and has 5 children or the concerns of the pepper seller woman by the streets or young graduates with a dilipitated educational system and even worse low job prospects are more important.

As far as i know, i also have my concerns so does 140 million Nigerians. why is his any different hence the reason why i say all this is stating the obvious.

Soyemi:How could you, in any case, for you are all genetically malformed and deformed for the single purpose of being corrupt and awaiting the chance for perfidy.-How in the world is this supposed to help matters?
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by tpia: 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2009
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by asha80(m): 8:22pm On Jan 13, 2009
The man is an idiot. That's all there is to it. Not to mention attention seeker.

This is why I always say people should learn how to apply whatever form of literacy they think they have, to practical use.

He organized a rally- no one showed up. Or few people showed up. He then went crazy and started raving about Nigeria as if he knew nothing about the place before.

He should learn from his so-called birthplace how they do things there. Google how to organize a rally.

First of all, if you're relying on the faceless people you meet on some random internet forum most of who are just posting for leisure, to be the backbone of your so called rally, then you're setting yourself up for a big shocker.

Which rally has he himself ever attended and does he know how these things work.

Thirdly, there's no hard and fast rule about how many people have to be there for a demonstration to take place. 10 people can picket somewhere as long as you have the relevant PERMITS. I saw a photo of the rednecks for Obama during his campaign- the "rednecks" rallying for him were barely up to 10. They probably did it for the free coffee and doughnuts.

So instead of crying because thousands of people didnt show up why not make do with what you have even if its only four of you. Display placards and the like and if you have the connections, call some local newspaper and snap a few pictures. Even religious riot instigators know this basic fact when they want to collect cash from their sponsors.

don't know if the guy has been watching too much coverage of Holy Ghost Congress and thus thinks Nigerians will troop out in the millions to attend his rally. What's in it for them?

geez, all this is basic stuff.

And this is why its important to read. Prior to becoming the US president, Abraham Lincoln unsuccessfully ran for various offices and lost. If he'd started cursing out the US and thrown in the towel, the idiotic poster wouldnt be typing all this trash today. He (the tantrum thrower)'d more likely be growing cotton or rubber on some plantation in Africa most likely

What is in it for nigerians to join demonstrations against bad goverment in nigeria?
With this kind of reasoning no wonder nigeria will continue to be a disgrace in the world
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by tpia: 8:24pm On Jan 13, 2009
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Jan 13, 2009
vicade:

His concerns can be voiced but so can mine and yours. But the concerns of the guy earning minimum wage and has 5 children or the concerns of the pepper seller woman by the streets or young graduates with a dilipitated educational system and even worse low job prospects are more important.

Are you serious? Is that what you want of Government? To Ignore the likes of Fela and Tai Solarin, even as they speak up for the masses? Come on. I know you do not believe that. In Society, everyone is important, at least in the civilized world, can not say the same applies in Nigeria. But I believe you are taking it too far when you say his voice and opinion is not as important as the persons with 5 kids and what not.

vicade:

As far as i know, i also have my concerns so does 140 million Nigerians. why is his any different hence the reason why i say all this is stating the obvious.

I am not sure the guy has in any way said his is of greater concern. As far as you and I know it, he may be speaking for all those without a voice; all those unable to come online to speak up against the debilitating situation they continue to live with in the country. Come on now!!

vicade:

Soyemi:How could you, in any case, for you are all genetically malformed and deformed for the single purpose of being corrupt and awaiting the chance for perfidy.-How in the world is this supposed to help matters?

Did he lie? Isn’t that what we see happening from top to bottom? For instance, look at the Obasanjos, like father like Children. Or is that not the case in the country today? He is speaking to those who are of that pedigree. Why are you miffed?

Come to think of it, I think this is the guy who organized the 1 million man match to Abuja supposed to happen back in December or so. I remember reading of it from some thread on here but lost track of it.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by mustafar1: 8:30pm On Jan 13, 2009
NL the best website with the best intellectual HIV being spread.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by vicade(m): 8:31pm On Jan 13, 2009
All voices are equal. at least are supposed to be. I am actually saying his personal opinion on Nigeria is same with over 140 million Nigerians. We all know about the Nigerian situation and have our opinions. His is just one of millions.

The guy is definitely speaking for himself. You read the speech again and u will realise this

And i am not miffed. Now he has said all this things we have heard before and we all know, my question is WHAT NOW? WHAT?

I am yet to determine the purpose of this article if it is to inspire us to act or just write us off thus his damning of the Nigerian in Him?
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by asha80(m): 8:36pm On Jan 13, 2009
Tpia
I am sorry for your life.Can you argue without insulting someone?Na whao
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by tpia: 8:37pm On Jan 13, 2009
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2009
vicade:

All voices are equal. at least are supposed to be. I am actually saying his personal opinion on Nigeria is same with over 140 million Nigerians. We all know about the Nigerian situation and have our opinions. His is just one of millions.

Oga!! If say all of us know true true, you think sey people go dey attack the man like them dey do so? You and I know that some of us prefer to live in lala land, rather than accept the true reality of the situation; some prefer to bribe their way through the next police block or inconvenience, rather than register complaint where possible and expose people who are corrupt where they find them. Why you think say Fela, as far back as the 70’s, saw it fit to call some of us mumu? Roflmao!!!

vicade:

The guy is definitely speaking for himself. You read the speech again and u will realise this

And i am not miffed. Now he has said all this things we have heard before and we all know, my question is WHAT NOW? WHAT?

Well, that is the 60 billion dollar ( not sure how much of it is left now) question. What? But to answer that question, it is not up to one man but the 140 million or so Nigerians. If two Nigerians step out with millions against them, do you think we will get anywhere?? Lol

vicade:

I am yet to determine the purpose of this article if it is to inspire us to act or just write us off thus his damning of the Nigerian in Him?

I think if you read it again, you may see that the purpose is clear. To voice his disgust and rile us all up as much as he can so he can get more eyes open to the reality of the situation down in the country.
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by vicade(m): 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2009
Tpia mehn, U be joker o.

well that is why i love nairaland.Home of Jokers

Anyways, the if this is his way of inspiring people and riling people up, He needs to listen to obama more and be more persuasive than he is

My verdict is that me as a person will not lay my life down or even put it in risk to be a hero or clamour for change because those that have died in recent years have just died for nothing.So why should i be inspired to risk my life when those who did it did not have any useful impact?
Re: I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship by asha80(m): 8:50pm On Jan 13, 2009
My verdict is that me as a person will not lay my life down or even put it in risk to be a hero or clamour for change because those that have died in recent years have just died for nothing.So why should i be inspired to risk my life when those who did it did not have any useful impact?

Well it seems you and the the man are thinking alike

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

General Kills Kidnapper / Save Nigeria Group Debunks Pastor Bakare's Suspension Story / SERAP Writes archbishop Of Canterbury, Seeks His Intervention On Sowore’s Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.