Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... (6187 Views)

Being The Sole Breadwinner Is Bad For A Man’s Health – But BETTER For A Woman’s / This Woman Becomes A Great Great Great Grand Mother / I Am The Breadwinner Husband At Work While Barbara Holds The Home Front. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by afribabe: 4:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
klark3:
In marriage, it would be better if women are in charge of anything that has to do with d kitchen & chores, regardless of her financial status, the man's involvement can be episodic. A man is man, d male natural responsibility is to cater for d family financially, & if he fails, he resort to frustration, because he has failed. Subjecting him to doing house chores will only compound his failure as d breadwinner.

This will only escalate issues. there are certain things that doesn't befits a man, I don't know why women are finding it difficult to accept this natural/cultural Phenomenon.
your point is clear to me but i have to ask these.....

If a woman is the sole bread-winner, in charge of everything that has to do with the kitchen and chores regardless of her financial status, what will now be the man's input to the growth and well being of the family....

If we don't see anything wrong with the bolded, why then is it difficult for an idle man (not as a result of disabilities) to help the wife with the running of the home regardless of his EGO and HEADSHIP position in the family... or say that a man should bear full financial responsibilites of his family irrespective of his wife's financial status, after all, like you said, it is his natural responsibility to do that??

What joy is it for a man who is idle doing nothing and looking fresh and young when his wife is busy hustling for money for the family and also doing ALL other things needed to be done and now looking older than her age

As much as i am not expecting you to humiliate your husband if you are the bread-winner (same way you should not humiliate your wife because you are the bread-winner), i expect that each party should find ways of making themselves useful for the family whether with cash or kind

If only man/woman see their partner's happiness as their happiness, one party will not allow the other party do everything ALONE without offering some kind of relief within his/her means...

Why is it difficult for the male to gladly accommodate any deviation from their assumed natural responsibility but will expect the female to do same willingly and joyfully without complaining? Because she is a woman or because the male is more of a human being than the female??

5 Likes

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by cococandy(f): 4:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
undecidedReally?
klark3:

My dear with total sincerity, men handle success better than women.

Success intoxicate women. The male child has been trained as a leader by both d mum & dad. It would be an aberration for a male child to wash dishes in a house with female. The male child is expected to emulate his dad, while female, their mum. The society plays a significant role in our lives, & the society recognise the wife & female children to be the cook in any family.

For example, I'm d 4th child, d first is a girl, she's married with kids, but whenever she is at home, maybe on holiday or any celebration, she does all the d house chores & cooking, because she had a good upbringing. So u don't expect me to get married tomorrow & cook for my wife, even if am idle, I will never do it.

Personally, I think God designed it that way, it's a God given role to women, in marriage, it's generally acceptable for a woman to cook, do house chores, is her natural responsibility. That's why most successful restaurants are managed by women, because it's related to cooking, washing dishes. Though I know most women deplore this culture, but in a realistic sense, it's more acceptable by d general public.

U as girl won't be happy if u visit your brother to find out that he's d one doing all d house chores & cooking, while d wife sits on a sofa watching TV. Though women have been agitating for equality, the obvious God made domineering power of a male cannot be overshadowed by d weak characteristics of a female.

In marriage, it would be better if women are in charge of anything that has to do with d kitchen & chores, regardless of her financial status, the man's involvement can be episodic. A man is man, d male natural responsibility is to cater for d family financially, & if he fails, he resort to frustration, because he has failed. Subjecting him to doing house chores will only compound his failure as d breadwinner.

This will only escalate issues. there are certain things that doesn't befits a man, I don't know why women are finding it difficult to accept this natural/cultural Phenomenon.

3 Likes

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by babygirlfl: 6:08pm On Mar 04, 2015
klark3:

My dear with total sincerity, men handle success better than women.

Success intoxicate women. The male child has been trained as a leader by both d mum & dad. It would be an aberration for a male child to wash dishes in a house with female. The male child is expected to emulate his dad, while female, their mum. The society plays a significant role in our lives, & the society recognise the wife & female children to be the cook in any family.

For example, I'm d 4th child, d first is a girl, she's married with kids, but whenever she is at home, maybe on holiday or any celebration, she does all the d house chores & cooking, because she had a good upbringing. So u don't expect me to get married tomorrow & cook for my wife, even if am idle, I will never do it.

Personally, I think God designed it that way, it's a God given role to women, in marriage, it's generally acceptable for a woman to cook, do house chores, is her natural responsibility. That's why most successful restaurants are managed by women, because it's related to cooking, washing dishes. Though I know most women deplore this culture, but in a realistic sense, it's more acceptable by d general public.

U as girl won't be happy if u visit your brother to find out that he's d one doing all d house chores & cooking, while d wife sits on a sofa watching TV. Though women have been agitating for equality, the obvious God made domineering power of a male cannot be overshadowed by d weak characteristics of a female.

This is the type of post you read and then check the date to make sure it's 2015.

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Becomes The Breadwinner.... by klark3: 10:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
babygirlfl:

This is the type of post you read and then check the date to make sure it's 2015.
lol.. cheesy my dear why?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do Today's Men Want From Their Women? / Best Way To Get A Divorce Done And Cheap / Man Paid To Get Neighbour’s Wife Pregnant Fails – 72 Times (PICTURED)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.