Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,376 members, 7,819,367 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan (771 Views)

Buhari Will Return To London To See Doctors - Presidency / I’ll Return To My Village If I Lose –jonathan / I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by jonathan12345: 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
In a media chat held last month, President Goodluck Jonathan stated that he will hand over if he loses in a free and fair election. This statement triggered a great delight with the Presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress, General Muhammadu Buhari who commended the president for accepting to hand over power.

With just less than a month after making this declaration, President Goodluck Jonathan, has again said he will graciously bow out if he loses the March 28 Presidential election to his major opponent, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the All Progressives Congress Presidential candidate.

He said Nigeria was not his father’s estate.

The president made this statement in an interview with cable TV, Al Jazeera, on Monday in Lagos, President Jonathan who repeatedly told his interviewer that he would win the March 28 election said if he lost the election he would return to Otuoke, his country home in Bayelsa State.

“If by default somebody wins the election, of course I will go back to my village. The country is not my father’s estate. I’ll not lose the election,” Jonathan said.

While commending the Nigerian troops for the recent successes recorded in the fight against Boko Haram, President Jonathan claimed that some people were using the insurgents to disrupt the general elections.

He said, “I don’t think (the elections will be postponed again). I think the elections will be conducted as scheduled by the INEC –that is the presidential election slated for March 28. I don’t see why we should postpone the election again because I’m quite impressed with the successes of the military operations going on in the North. There is a misunderstanding about the postponement of the general elections. In 2011, when the general elections were conducted, we had Boko Haram. The fact is that within that period, somehow the level of Boko Haram was quite serious and from all indications and from the signals the security agencies got, people are using Boko Haram to disrupt the elections.

“In 2011 there were no such signals and if the elections are disrupted in a number of states especially for the presidential elections, it will affect the declaration of results. So the security services don’t want to take any chances. They did not tell Nigerians that they must rout Boko Haram 100 per cent before the elections could be conducted. But they want to degrade Boko Haram to the extent that they would no longer have the kind of strength to come out and disrupt the elections. That is the key thing. In terms of taking over our territories, yes we will take over all our territories –yes, we will take over all of our territories and very soon there will be no part of Nigeria where they will erect a flag and say, ‘This is a Boko Haram territory.’ That we’ll do.”

Jonathan, though refused to accept responsibility for escalating Boko Haram violent attacks, he promised to put an end to the terrorist activities.

It would also be recalled that, President Jonathan reassured Nigerians and the international community that he has no plan to sack Professor Attahiru Jega, ahead of Nigeria’s general elections slated for March 28 and April 11.

READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/395449-i-will-return-to-my-village-if-i-lose-jonathan.html
Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 5:36pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nice one sir... But you won't lose.
Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 03, 2015
Incase
Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
Mr President, the people of Nigeria will return you to Aso Rock. We shall renew your tenancy in Aso Rock. No broom wavers shall be allowed to go close to the gate of the Presidential villa. Sir, by the grace of God you shall be re-elected by the good people of Nigeria. The Igbos, the Ijaws, the Fulanis, the berom, the Igalas, the Yorubas, the Tivs, the Efiks, the Ikwerres, the Urhobos and people of other ethnic group will re-elect you for a fresh term in few days time. We shall witness your inauguration in May.

#NeverAgain Shall we be deceived by the broom wavers.

Sai GEJ

3 Likes

Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by themilanway(m): 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
grin grin grin grin Sir i would personally book your train ticket,all expense on me.Finally,you are talking sense.

We would need a 5 man committee that would help in packing his bags and that of Faka.

Otuoke here comes Jona!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by MzJackBaueress(f): 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
Of course you will return to Otuoke and join your fellow militants. No space for you to live in Abuja after you loose woefully.
Thank you for accepting defeat.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by asadike(f): 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2015
Lol. otuoke, here I come.... In. 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
“I don’t think (the elections will be postponed again). I think the elections will be conducted as scheduled by the INEC –that is the presidential election slated for March 28. I don’t see why we should postpone the election again because I’m quite impressed with the successes of the military operations going on in the North.
I hope those broom wavers anÐ other conspiracy theorists understand the President position with respect to March 28. Jonathan is 100% ready for the poll, we shall entertain the tears of the broom wavers when result is announced.
No Vacancy In Aso Rock Till 2019
Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by betacitizen(m): 5:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
Road to Otueke 2015...My regards to Mama Piss.

"Shall we live in a nation where the ranks of the poor swell and their poverty increase while the consorts of the powerful enjoy unprecedented wealth?"--GMB

2 Likes

Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
Barcelona have confirmed that Sergio Busquets has agreed to extend his contract until 2019.

GEJ till 2019.

cool
Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
I learnt that he wants yo shift the polls again as Police wants to commence nationwide strike.

Anyway, the road to Otuoke from Abuja is about 600KM and trekkable.
Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by gregg2: 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
[size=14pt]an Bokoharii say the same thing?

That old man must also commit himself. Blood sucking, baboons soaked in blood must not be allowed to have his way again when loses[/size]
Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 03, 2015
Reads title and first paragraph

Clicks reply

Like u have any other option

1 Like

Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by ndcide(m): 6:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
GEJ is a responsible man. Can buhari say so?

NO!

rather his dogs and baboons will be soaked in their blood.
Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by stupor(m): 6:06pm On Mar 03, 2015
It will be in our best interest for you to remain there after the economy has been totally fagged and salvaged !

Its very disappointing that after a long administration of PDP,nothing faesible has clearly been achieved.

I and my community will confidently vote APC in all elections to prove to those that are soiling the country's'name in shame that it is not a laughing matter !

It is no more business as usual for those retrogressing the country,all we want is prudent change !

Vote APC
Vote Buhari/Osinbajo
Vote Progress !

3 Likes

Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by phorget(m): 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2015
You won't have to go back to Otuoke sir,u will have to defend urself of every felony and misdemeanour acts uve caused us. You will have to tell us why u allowed your Boko boys to slaughter us up-north and how u suddenly have the power to conquer dem even after more than five years of invisibility. You will have to tell us how you've used those missing funds to sponsor you Boko boys and how you've successfully manipulated top officers in the military to keep dancing to ur tunes... We shall meet in court after May 29.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Return To My Village If I Lose – Jonathan by goingsolo: 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2015
Time never reach to go village. Sit down sit down jonathan sit down na ur sit ooooo sit down

(1) (Reply)

Photos: 2 Pastors, General Overseers Arrested With 5 AK47 Rifles / What Is The Difference Between Being Clueless And Brain Dead? / 50 Lies Credited To This Current Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.