Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... (3272 Views)

'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' / Single Moms Vs Single Dads------why The Hatred? / Single And Miserable Vs. Single And Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by tokiniofficial(m): 10:24am On Mar 04, 2015
Hello to my esteem NL readers.
So i was confused during a chat i had with some friends about how the term "baby mama" started. Basically "baby mama" is mostly used by celebrities that have children outside wedlock. So my question is what's difference between "baby mama" and "single parent" ?
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by falconey(m): 10:37am On Mar 04, 2015
Single parent can be a DAD or a MUM......baby mama is surely a MUM raising a child.
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by ITbomb(m): 10:46am On Mar 04, 2015
Baby mama is when you have a baby for a celebrity or politicians who used and dump you for a more responsible woman
While
Single parent is when you don't know the father or the father is just not capable of going ahead with marriage
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by Evina(f): 10:52am On Mar 04, 2015
ITbomb:
Baby mama is when you have a baby for a celebrity or politicians who used and dump you for a more responsible woman
While
Single parent is when you don't know the father or the father is just not capable of going ahead with marriage

cheesy this kind bomb wet you throw so.

To topic: baby mama most likely still has a relationship with the father of the baby. The father is very much involved in raising the kid.

Single parent, the child knoweth not the father. Only one parent is responsible for the upkeep of the child.
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by ZedX6: 10:57am On Mar 04, 2015
The term babymama has got to the the most _stupid and degrading word ever invented. More foolish are the ladies who wear such badge with pride.

Dumbass, a man finds you attractive enough to sleep with, you father his child, but he doesn't fancy putting a ring on it and making you his wife? What are you? A FOOL!

You'll be _stupidly grinning when you're called "olamides babymama" for instance, and not his wife? It may sound fun now, but when you have growing past the age of stupidity, you are bound to regret your foolish actions.

Attach more respect to yourself! You weren't created to be anyone's cum bucket. . . I have no respect for babymamas and randy babydadas - they are all fools.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by akinsadeez(m): 11:03am On Mar 04, 2015
Single Parent connotes a situation in which only one parent is raising a child. It hints at an absence by d other parent. It is usually used to describe Widows/widowers, Divorcees with absent partners e.t.c. It means the single parent is responsible for d feeding and general upkeep of d child.

Baby mama as a term is more nebulous or vague in definition. However, It usually connotes a woman who gave birth to a baby for a man but is no longer involved in a relationship with him. e.g Wale is happily married with 3 kids, Bukky is just his baby mama. cheesy
Flavor used d term perfectly few days ago. He said he is single and searching but he has a Baby mama. This means that he has no other relationship with the Baby's mother other than taking care of d child she has for him.

4 Likes

Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by iamodenigbo1(m): 11:07am On Mar 04, 2015
OK
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by luxanne(f): 11:30am On Mar 04, 2015
ZedX6:
The term babymama has got to the the most _stupid and degrading word ever invented. More foolish are the ladies who wear such badge with pride.

Dumbass, a man finds you attractive enough to sleep with, you father his child, but he doesn't fancy putting a ring on it and making you his wife? What are you? A FOOL!

You'll be _stupidly grinning when you're called "olamides babymama" for instance, and not his wife? It may sound fun now, but when you have growing past the age of stupidity, you are bound to regret your foolish actions.

Attach more respect to yourself! You weren't created to be anyone's cum bucket. . . I have no respect for babymamas and randy babydadas - they are all fools.

Thank you, you've spoken indeed well.

Was thinking about this term some days ago trying to fathom why it got embraced in Nigeria and couldn't come with any good reason, its sad really and more sad is the fact that these baby mamas are all cuties with loads of men drooling over them, how they choose to be a baby mama instead beats my imagination. SMH!
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by ZedX6: 11:35am On Mar 04, 2015
luxanne:

Thank you, you've spoken indeed well.

Was thinking about this term some days ago trying to fathom why it got embraced in Nigeria and couldn't come with any good reason, its sad really and more sad is the fact that these baby mamas are all cuties with loads of men drooling over them, how they choose to be a baby mama instead beats my imagination. SMH!
It's a popularity stunt that lasts only a few years. . . They do it for money and fame. You know something about babies? After a while, they aren't so cute anymore. That's when reality bites. . . No man really wants a lady who is someone else's toy or is someone's else's babymama or has been some babymama somewhere, unless it's just for sex.

I wonder why the dumbass feminists aren't kicking against this trend. They are more concerned about equality with men. . . Kmt
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by justmag(m): 11:46am On Mar 04, 2015
May all innocent and responsible men like me stay baby mama and drams free. AMen.

1 Like

Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by luxanne(f): 12:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
ZedX6:
It's a popularity stunt that lasts only a few years. . . They do it for money and fame. You know something about babies? After a while, they aren't so cute anymore. That's when reality bites. . . No man really wants a lady who is someone else's toy or is someone's else's babymama or has been some babymama somewhere, unless it's just for sex.

I wonder why the dumbass feminists aren't kicking against this trend. They are more concerned about equality with men. . . Kmt

All for the money and fame -VANITY. Couldn't agree less.

But this fight is not a fight for the feminist alone. This degrading trend concerns all, male and female alike - we've got sisters, nieces and cousins who are females and we will one day grow our own daughters. If the feminist aint doing nada about this maybe because this issue hasn't been brought to their awareness, it doesn't also mean we should be quiet as well.

Ok lemme ask you this, have you done or written some awareness talk on ur social accounts about this growing trend? If you haven't, then am sorry to say you also like the feminist doing nothing to curb this trend, we are all guilty.

Would call on a friend to write something about this on her blog, should be a good start.

Mizmycoli dear, I've got an interesting topic for your blog on here, holler! wink
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by akinsadeez(m): 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
ZedX6:

Why would feminists kick against it? 'Babymamaism' plays directly into what most of them express or want. Feminists advocate constantly for the emancipation of women even in marriages. They will argue that a woman should have d right to choose to have children without the constraints of being married or being in a man's house. Most feminists believe that the notion that a woman has to be married, be under a man's roof or take a man's name is wrong. Remember when Beyonce wanted to go on tour and named her tour 'the Mrs Carter tour'. She was severely criticized by some feminists who felt she was sending a wrong message to young girls by using her husband's name as d title of her tour.
Bro, if a woman is living alone, taking care of her child without necessarily depending on d man, she is d poster child of feminism.
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by akinsadeez(m): 12:21pm On Mar 04, 2015
luxanne:

All for the money and fame -VANITY. Couldn't agree less.

But this fight is not a fight for the feminist alone. This degrading trend concerns all, male and female alike - we've got sisters, nieces and cousins who are females and we will one day grow our own daughters. If the feminist aint doing nada about this maybe because this issue hasn't been brought to their awareness, it doesn't also mean we should be quiet as well.

Ok lemme ask you this, have you done or written some awareness talk on ur social accounts about this growing trend? If you haven't, then am sorry to say you also like the feminist doing nothing to curb this trend, we are all guilty.

Would call on a friend to write something about this on her blog, should be a good start.

Mizmycoli dear, I've got an interesting topic for your blog on here, holler! wink

But why is it that only the woman faces the opprobrium in cases like this? For every baby mama there is a Babypapa. Why can't we address babypapas with the same disdain? Flavor has a baby mama but says he is still single and searching.... people were quick to criticize d babymama without anything being said about Flavor himself. It takes two to make a baby doesn't it?
I think the focus should be more on the men. If men become more responsible the incidence of babymamarism will reduce. Don't impregnate a lady if you are not ready to wife her, simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by luxanne(f): 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2015
akinsadeez:

Why would feminists kick against it? 'Babymamaism' plays directly into what most of them express or want. Feminists advocate constantly for the emancipation of women even in marriages. They will argue that a woman should have d right to choose to have children without the constraints of being married or being in a man's house. Most feminists believe that the notion that a woman has to be married, be under a man's roof or take a man's name is wrong. Remember when Beyonce wanted to go on tour and named her tour 'the Mrs Carter tour'. She was severely criticized by some feminists who felt she was sending a wrong message to young girls by using her husband's name as d title of her tour.
Bro, if a woman is living alone, taking care of her child without necessarily depending on d man, she is d poster child of feminism.

Whoa! Take a chill pill akin cheesy

Yeah at the bolded. Good reason why the feminist won't take this up cuz these baby mamas aint forced to become one, they all loved the idea and decided on their own volition to be called babymamas, Freedom Of Choice! Eish! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by luxanne(f): 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
akinsadeez:

But why is it that only the woman faces the opprobrium in cases like this? For every baby mama there is a Babypapa. Why can't we address babypapas with the same disdain? Flavor has a baby mama but says he is still single and searching.... people were quick to criticize d babymama without anything being said about Flavor himself. It takes two to make a baby doesn't it?
I think the focus should be more on the men. If men become more responsible the incidence of babymamarism will reduce. Don't impregnate a lady if you are not ready to wife her, simple.

Because these women aint coerced or forced to become babymamas, they willingly gave themselves in to that idea and maybe to some, it just happened and they found themselves pregnant and the guy not willing to commit and they not willing to abort.

*modified*

You'l also agree with me that its not as easy for a lady with a child to get married to another man (that is, if she wants to) as it is for the guys to, hence women needs to be cautious on the relationship path they choose and bear the consequences likewise.

Some men akin are already addicted with this idea - they'l rather they have babymamas than become committed to a woman with all the burdens involve (so they say) and sadly, some women key in to this idea too. If it takes two to make a baby, it should also take two to stop this trend. But the question now is, Do We Want This Trend Terminated?
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by MizMyColi(f): 12:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
*screeches into thread*
*grasping for breath*

Phew Phew!

Luxanne Dear, I'm here smiley
Please inspire me.
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by luxanne(f): 1:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
MizMyColi:
*screeches into thread*
*grasping for breath*

Phew Phew!

Luxanne Dear, I'm here smiley
Please inspire me.

LoL smiley

You need to talk about this growing trend bae, it concerns us greatly. We need to know the minds of this babymamas, what makes them become this way and then proffer a way out, an alternative worthy choice. And most importantly, we also need to educate our younger females about this growing trend (which to me is gaining grounds by the day) they need to be enlightened and guarded in their relationship path.

Now how about that for an inspiration coli cheesy
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by MizMyColi(f): 1:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
luxanne:

LoL smiley

You need to talk about this growing trend bae, it concerns us greatly. We need to know the minds of this babymamas, what makes them become this way and then proffer a way out, an alternative worthy choice. And most importantly, we also need to educate our younger females about this growing trend (which to me is gaining grounds by the day) they need to be enlightened and guarded in their relationship path.

Now how about that for an inspiration coli cheesy

gringringringrin
I'm about to derail this thread.
Please bear with me, it's just one post --- hopefully.

BabyMamas.......
You see why Chubhie's post hit me where it did?

I remember, not too long ago, I felt this surge of compassion for people in this category.
I thought to write about them, and possibly seek a successful single mum's (I prefer that please) [A teenage or young adult one.] take and then craft a wholistic message from that.

But I became scared of how people'd perceive me and dropped that idea.
I somehow convinced myself it wasn't worth it.
Now I'm back on the same matter.

I dropped that idea at a time when I came under attack both online and offline.
I was very very very emotionally unhealthy at the time.
Toxicness everywhere!!!!!!!

But I'm in a better place now.
I hope the cosmos helps me gather my thoughts on the matter again and talk about it with the same passion I had back then.

So yes, thanks dear.
I am, inspired. kiss
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by ivyT(f): 1:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
Both of them na the same thing ,e Neva sure say d guy go wife d babymama.For single parent, d oda person do waka comot

U grab? wink
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by Mhizizzy(f): 2:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
Some baes don't wanna get married ..dey just wanna have kids nd datz where feminism comes in

Some baes get pregnant by mistake nd dey can't just abort it due to parents or health issues or views about abortion

Some crazy baes do it to hold d Guy down buh dis is 21st century nd pple dnt get married cos of a child so dey end up becoming SINGLE PARENTS
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by luxanne(f): 2:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
MizMyColi:

gringringringrin
I'm about to derail this thread.
Please bear with me, it's just one post --- hopefully.

BabyMamas.......
You see why Chubhie's post hit me where it did?

I remember, not too long ago, I felt this surge of compassion for people in this category.
I thought to write about them, and possibly seek a successful single mum's (I prefer that please) [A teenage or young adult one.] take and then craft a wholistic message from that.

But I became scared of how people'd perceive me and dropped that idea.
I somehow convinced myself it wasn't worth it.
Now I'm back on the same matter.

I dropped that idea at a time when I came under attack both online and offline.
I was very very very emotionally unhealthy at the time.
Toxicness everywhere!!!!!!!

But I'm in a better place now.
I hope the cosmos helps me gather my thoughts on the matter again and talk about it with the same passion I had back then.

So yes, thanks dear.
I am, inspired. kiss

gringrin but thread has already been derailed with our talk on babymama strictly whereas the op was asking a question on the Difference between "baby mama" and "single parent", apologies OP (Tokiniofficial), we shall take our leave now after this post smiley

Oh dear! Sorry you had to go through all that, damn! sad but am superglad, superglad the pain made you a better being cheesy We'l get there, a step at a time - being more better, grounded in knowledge and wisdom, and understanding of both ourselves and people than our former self did. Not an easy feat to pass thru but surely worth the pain all the way.

According to maslow hierachy of need (which you know of), its our utmost desire and wish to be loved by all and not be found wanting or even when found wanting, be corrected in/with love but in reality, its ineveitable dear and so for the sanity of our minds, spirit and soul, we have to learn to accept some things we can't change.
So bae, go ahead and do your thing, Be your own damn motivation. You don't need a fanclub to achieve your purpose in life, you ONLY need YOU first and then people who believe in your vision no matter how few they are.

We are all a work in progress! kisskiss

And to add in your research, talk to more single mums as you can, one is too small a number to draw a wholistic conclusion on, contrary views will definitely arise, we shall read, learn, advice and take corrections where need be. All the best bae and you are most welcome anytime kiss

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by MizMyColi(f): 2:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
Thanks Lux Luv.
Tanchuuuuuu
kiss
luxanne:

gringrin but thread has already been derailed with our talk on babymama strictly whereas the op was asking a question on the Difference between "baby mama" and "single parent", apologies OP (Tokiniofficial), we shall take our leave now after this post smiley

Oh dear! Sorry you had to go through all that, damn! sad but am superglad, superglad the pain made you a better being cheesy We'l get there, a step at a time - being more better, grounded in knowledge and wisdom, and understanding of both ourselves and people than our former self did. Not an easy feat to pass thru but surely worth the pain all the way.

According to maslow hierachy of need (which you know of), its our utmost desire and wish to be loved by all and not be found wanting or even when found wanting, be corrected in/with love but in reality, its ineveitable dear and so for the sanity of our minds, spirit and soul, we have to learn to accept some things we can't change.
So bae, go ahead and do your thing, Be your own damn motivation. You don't need a fanclub to achieve your purpose in life, you ONLY need YOU first and then people who believe in your vision no matter how few they are.

We are all a work in progress! kisskiss

And to add in your research, talk to more single mums as you can, one is too small a number to draw a wholistic conclusion on, contrary views will definitely arise, we shall read, learn, advice and take corrections where need be. All the best bae and you are most welcome anytime kiss

2 Likes

Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
ZedX6:

Too know undecided#what are u saying?absolutey rubbish!
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by ZedX6: 4:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
prettythicksme:
Dumbass, what have you said?

Are you a babymama? Did my words hurt you, turtle?
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
ZedX6:
Dumbass, what have you said?

Are you a babymama? Did my words hurt you, turtle?
undecided i am not a babymama but ur words hurt when u call innocent people silly names!
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by ZedX6: 4:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
prettythicksme:
undecided i am not a babymama but ur words hurt when u call innocent people silly names!
Ok, turtle.

Name the innocent people I was referring to.
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 04, 2015
ZedX6:
Ok, turtle.

Name the innocent people I was referring to.
Bleep off goat undecided,u are so annoying!
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by ZedX6: 4:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
prettythicksme:
Bleep off goat undecided,u are so annoying!
You're a cretin.

You quote me unnecessarily to engage me in unless banter?

1 Like

Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by naijaboiy: 4:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
prettythicksme:
meanwhile,,we are yet to see your own meaningful contribution undecided

2 Likes

Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
tokiniofficial:
Hello to my esteem NL readers.
So i was confused during a chat i had with some friends about how the term "baby mama" started. Basically "baby mama" is mostly used by celebrities that have children outside wedlock. So my question is what's difference between "baby mama" and "single parent" ?

Single parent : can be either a single mother or father looking after a child without a significant other

Baby mama: term guys use or people use to describe the mother of their child or mother of someone else child but also means they are not together anymore .

Lol hope this helps ( my opinion)
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
naijaboiy:

meanwhile,,we are yet to see your own meaningful contribution undecided
undecided none of my damn business if someone is baby mama or single parent!
Re: Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
ZedX6:
You're a cretin.

You quote me unnecessarily to engage me in unless banter?
I said Bleep off or u dey mad? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Between Girlfriend And Sexmate / 10 Romance And Sex Tips In Titanic That Inspires Me. / This Lady Claims Her Boyfriend’s Nuts Cleared Her Pimples (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.