Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Police Shoot At Rioting Students In Rivers State Jamb Center - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Police Shoot At Rioting Students In Rivers State Jamb Center (11242 Views)

A Nairalander's Experience At An Accredited JAMB Center Today In Warri / Rioting Students Drag Oyo State Governor, Destroy Properties (photos) / Ekiti State University Students Rioting Now In Epe, Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Shoot At Rioting Students In Rivers State Jamb Center by otunba96: 11:55am On Mar 05, 2015
OkpoloEye:
my name is frank and am a jambite...this is happening at rivers state jamb office located at D-lines, Port Harcourt and we are over 400 people there and we have all submitted our cards for reprinting .

firstly, we were suppose to reprint our photocard last two weeks but it was postponed till this week Monday, we endured.

now reaching Monday we came to reprint and
they kept us under the sun from 8am to 6pm waiting to hear our names to no avail. and i myself didn't eat that day until 6pm and many others, they told us to come the next day(tuesday) .. we endured.

reaching Tuesday we faced the same thing from 8am in the morning till 6pm under the sun. we all got angry and a riot started , 30mims later we saw police drove in with great speed and was driving towards people, pointing their guns At us. it all ended moments later and we left.

Now today Wednesday we arrived jamb office and we saw police men everywhere. the most annoying part is that we still were not given our photocards which contains our center, dates, number etc.. instead at around 5:40 the police started shooting tear gas at us and started a stampede. we all ran for our lives and they started shooting at us. Some people fainted due to the effect of the tear gas and were rushed out looking for help. and i couldn't see clearly. some of us got angry and we started stopping incoming cars causing hold up and chaos. the police men still followed us and continued shooting at us not tear gas anymore. we were all running for our lives.

owners of shops and houses nearby had to close and lock up..we were looking for houses to enter for safety but no way

and we have not still collected our photocards and jamb starts on Monday and we have to go tomorrow . i dont know what will happen tomorrow.. we are scared!!. please mods take this to the front page so Nigeria can know what jambites are facing in Rivers State.
...all you need to do go back to jamb website and print out your jamb reprint is going at the site now instead of going to the stampade...best if luck. Frank
Re: Police Shoot At Rioting Students In Rivers State Jamb Center by Spyker: 11:59am On Mar 05, 2015
The problem with students these days is that they want people to do their duties. I witnessed all that happened and why I don't support the actions of the police, the students should have tried other places. Right on the same area not more than three blocks is a Cyber Cafe printing out the same slip for them. They choose to crowd the JAMB office creating nuisance.

As at today, the office is closed, it is now that they are realising that they can do it on any internet enable computer or even phone. I think JAMB need to sensitize their candidates by sending information text messages to their phones.
Re: Police Shoot At Rioting Students In Rivers State Jamb Center by invisibleman2: 2:25pm On Mar 05, 2015
Guy ur not d only people that went through that even in his yesterday police where just shooting & students where running for their lives in fact they refuse to use tear gas they preferred using guns & their was no rioting by the jambites
Re: Police Shoot At Rioting Students In Rivers State Jamb Center by successtar(m): 2:34pm On Mar 05, 2015
JAMB CBT EXAM BEST #SOLUTION ( Don't be deceive with any expo that is not promising, use your brain )
Am using this opportunity to introduce you to a new development in the world of #IT . The site am going to introduce to you is endowed with all you need to gain admission into any of the Nigerian institution right from free unlimited jamb cbt exam practice to #free #putme #cbt #exam #practice (i mean total free not demo) and forum page with a news page to always keep you inform, the best of all is that you have control over a lot of activities on the page like uploading more past questions and lot more. All this at http://myexampoint.com

Kindly share this info, you might be helping someone.
Re: Police Shoot At Rioting Students In Rivers State Jamb Center by ArcToyin(m): 12:00am On Mar 07, 2015
You just have to endure it and try the best means of getting what you want to get. This is and many more are what students go through in the hand of civil servants when it comes to obtaining what belongs to you. More you will still experience when you finally gain the admission.mauy God see you through.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protest At UNILAG Over Rustication, Others / Examination Malpractice In Nigeria / Should Lagos State Govt Pay House Officers Teaching Allowance bcause FGN pays it

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.