Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,910 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. (13709 Views)

My Brother Was Given Agric Engineering, Should He Do It / When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? / Are Nairaland Moderators Being Paid ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by scribble: 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
Wow

See free labour
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by mcdokwe(m): 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Adyrin(m): 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
Is this the help you could offer?
You sef need help I forget!!!
Situation001:
k
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
Eyah
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by AJOT99(m): 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
Eeeya!
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Evina(f): 2:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
obua:
The factory is closed so that means the company is cash strapped and probably bankrupt. The owner being a pastor does not give him the ability to print money.

No it doesn't! But it sure gives him the reason to be responsible! Owing your workers is gross irresponsibility! The bible says the labourer is worthy of his wages!

He ought to have stopped his workers from working. He also ought to go the extra mile to offset such debts. Wouldn't he as a pastor admonish his flock to never give excuses not to pay their tithes and offerings?
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Amsonme(m): 2:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
Too bad. He shld move on.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Misogynist2014(m): 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
Even civil servants in Osun State haven't collected their salaries for the same time duration. The whole thing is just messed up.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by damola1: 2:46pm On Mar 06, 2015
Evina:

No it doesn't! But it sure gives him the reason to be responsible! Owing your workers is gross irresponsibility! The bible says the labourer is worthy of his wages!
He ought to have stopped his workers from working. He also ought to go the extra mile to offset such debts. Wouldn't he as a pastor admonish his flock to never give excuses not to pay their tithes and offerings?

What is the owner supposed to do if he can't pay?.. Turn himself to money?... so, cos he's a pastor, he must hang himself abi!

Your brother can meet and come to an agreement with the owner over a period, obviously there's financial problem there. and not the unwillingness of the owner to pay. So, na make men sit and agree. make una no go do gra gra carry something wey go come chuck chuck una back o!
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
excellent2013:

Agreed they have problems, but the md said he is going to reopen next month.moreover they have equipments like 50 sachet water machine, im considering seizing one until he is paid

You do not take the laws into your hands.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Evina(f): 2:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
damola1:

What is the owner supposed to do if he can't pay?.. Turn himself to money?... so, cos he's a pastor, he must hang himself abi!

Your brother can meet and come to an agreement with the owner over a period, obviously there's financial problem there. and not the unwillingness of the owner to pay. So, na make men sit and agree. make una no go do gra gra carry something wey go come chuck chuck una back o!

Mister!

There is NO excuse for being irresponsible! Is suicide always your ONLY option?
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by blackfase(m): 2:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
Op no kno say na "Men of God" dey scam pass these days. Just look the hell around as election looms & see the scandal rocking christiandom left right & centre. Sorry to say but most of them are apostles of the devil himself. Dem no send, so you sef no send this one.....

excellent2013:

Thanks actually thinking of going to report at citizen mediation centre. and to think of it the owner is a pastor.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by sleemfesh: 2:58pm On Mar 06, 2015
obua:
The factory is closed so that means the company is cash strapped and probably bankrupt. The owner being a pastor does not give him the ability to print money.

You be mumu?
And being a pastor makes him able to make people come and work where he knows he cannot pay them. As a pastor he is expected to be more morally balanced and known it is not only bad but evil.

Guy if the people promise they will pay eventually and you think you can believe them (especially if there's no other work you can grab for now) try and stick around. The patient dog eats a fat bone. You never know.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by damola1: 3:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
Evina:

Mister!
There is NO excuse for being irresponsible! Is suicide always your ONLY option?

The only fault I find for this business owner is that he didn't fire them early enough. He should have fired them on time. But he's hopeful things will improve. When a man puts his money into a business, and it goes south, and what should he do?... the principal and profits were affected.

And what is this about suicide?... who dey talk suicide here?... If a business goes bankrupt and can't pay the bills, should the man commit suicide or will you borrow him money to pay his failed business?

Have you ever ran a business that couldn't pay the bills before?... I doubt that... You've most likely been an employee

The most realistic solution is for the employee to speak to the owner, and come to an agreement on a payment plan. simple!
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Evina(f): 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
damola1:

The only fault I find for this business owner is that he didn't fire them early enough. He should have fired them on time. !

So you actually do see a fault in his actions?

damola1:

When a man puts his money into a business, and it goes south, and what should he do?... the principal and profits were affected.!

He should go back to the drawing board and find out what went wrong, then restrategize. wink

damola1:

And what is this about suicide?... who dey talk suicide here?... !

Actually, you began the suicide talk, in your post below.

damola1:

damola1:

If a business goes bankrupt and can't pay the bills, should the man commit suicide

Here you go again with the suicide talks! I repeat, is suicide usually your ONLY option?

damola1:

or will you borrow him money to pay his failed business?

If he comes to me with a brilliant business plan or good collateral and can accept my interest rates, I don't see why not. cool

damola1:

Have you ever ran a business that couldn't pay the bills before?... !

Yes I have! Not that I owe you any explanation, but I'll indulge you anyways, to wipe out the ignorant assumption.

In 2010, I and a few colleagues of mine revived an organization that went under, as a result of the global economic melt down in 2009. We started out as employees in the firm before things got bad. No salaries and funds for operational cost. Our boss gaveup because EFCC was after him.

The few of us who decided to pull things through, stayed back, and worked had. We brought in businesses, got a new office space and paid ourselves.

damola1:

... I doubt that... You've most likely been an employee !

What is the basis of your doubts? Assumptions of course! You know what they say about reaching conclusions by assuming? It is the display of the lowest form of intelligence.

damola1:

The most realistic solution is for the employee to speak to the owner, and come to an agreement on a payment plan. simple!

I concur. But in the event that the owner decides to use the same evasive approach?

He wasn't decent enough in the first place to communicate the exact situation of things to his employees, rather, he chose to "hope" things will get better.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by damola1: 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
Evina:

So you actually do see a fault in his actions?

Yes, I find fault in his inaction. One of the biggest problems most employers of labour face in this country is that they do not have a support base to rely for basic stuff like hr, finance etc.. and have to continue to push and pull, It's tough.

I should add that, the employer is learning, next time, he'll be better and stronger!

Evina:

Yes I have! Not that I owe you any explanation, but I'll indulge you anyways, to wipe out the ignorant assumption.
In 2010, I and a few colleagues of mine revived an organization that went under, as a result of the global economic melt down in 2009. We started out as employees in the firm before things got bad. No salaries and funds for operational cost. Our boss gaveup because EFCC was after him.The few of us who decided to pull things through, stayed back, and worked had. We brought in businesses, got a new office space and paid ourselves.

Madam, if this is the basis for your entrepreneurship stand, madam, you are still a learner. Being a a startup entrepreneur is totally different from becoming an investor. In your case, you used the resources and the errors of your existing employer to navigate. Your chances of making errors were limited.

You become a business owner, when you start one and fix issues of money, people, sales and marketing, customer service. And re engineer it to a level of independent sustenance.

Evina:

I concur. But in the event that the owner decides to use the same evasive approach?
He wasn't decent enough in the first place to communicate the exact situation of things to his employees, rather, he chose to "hope" things will get better.

Madam, like I stated, the owner is a learner, and going through a phase, so, am sure, next time he'll do better, in fact, I think the owner probably did better, when he let go everyone except the security, cos, he figured he could still afford to pay them, he let go the key staff, so I give kudos to the owner sef.

Overall, business in Nigeria is tough, there's no middle ground it's either you are making it or you are dead!.. and I wish all business owners success!
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Dammyjohn(m): 4:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
excellent2013:

Thanks actually thinking of going to report at citizen mediation centre. and to think of it the owner is a pastor.
No!He is a cheater and not a pastor.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Evina(f): 4:15pm On Mar 06, 2015
damola1:

Madam, if this is the basis for your entrepreneurship stand, madam, you are still a learner. Being a a startup entrepreneur is totally different from becoming an investor. In your case, you used the resources and the errors of your existing employer to navigate. Your chances of making errors were limited.

Damola1,

After reading your last posts, I have come to the realization that you are ONLY interested in an endless argument that is laced with assumptions! What resources are you talking about? What investments are you also talking about?

Please these endless debates, to prove you are not a learner in business is not of any benefit to me.

You may direct your suggestions to the op.

Cheers.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by williamspaul22(m): 4:18pm On Mar 06, 2015
Send me his account number let me pay him for everytn. Now
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Dammyjohn(m): 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2015
nairabetguru:

the more reason you should vote for buhari grin
No.Buhari ke.You no talk that one well.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by initiate: 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2015
This is my own story

Seeking for a second income I opened a laundry and employed 3 pple, one to manage and market, one to do the washing and one as a receptionist/casher. the business ran at a loss for about 5 months and I packed it up and sent everyone home cos I was tired of funding the operation from my day job

the business packed up cos of inadequate cash flow because the staff were LAZY, INDOLENT AND LACK MORAL AND ETHICAL STANDARDS

the only customers I got were my own personal friends and neighbors whom I invited to try our services. the idiotic staff I got spent all the time gisting and sleeping and never made any serious moves to find customers. and they had the effrontery to demand salaries from me from my hard earned income. pls how long does it take a laundry business to break even? what moral right does a staff have to ask for pay when he knew he contributed nothing throughout the month? how can you leave your house in the morning to go to work to go and sleep and gist all day? I discussed my plight with other business owners and all confirmed that the main problem in this economy is the attitude of the staff. you can predict the inefficiency of govt and arrange your own power, water etc, but when your staff is so useless what can you do?

in conclusion I sympathize with the guy who was owed salaries for months. his boss shd have told him to go since instead of owing him. But i also need to point out that business owners are really suffering in the hands of their staff and if employees change their attitude to work it would greatly help the country as a whole. we should also learn the work ethics of the Japanese

thank you
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by initiate: 4:25pm On Mar 06, 2015
acidtalk:
So sorry this is happening.

However lets be very very truthful with ourselves and say the truth; the economy of the land is extremely terrible at the moment and 100s of thousands of people cutting across all sectors are likely to loose their jobs in the coming month as business owners are finding it to cope these days. Most companies are operating at a loss.

My annoyance is why keep people when You know you have no money to pay them? That is wickedness.

Within February till this week I have groomed and encourage 4people to resign and startup their own business. Including one of my very best and most earning staff. Not because there is no salary but I felt if she put half of the commitment she puts in the company to her business, she will be extremely successful in no time. So far I am happy and proud to be a good mentor to them all.

Your brother should forget the wasted time he hasn't been paid and move on. If he puts such time and energy into something of his without expecting money in 5months, in no time he will be happy. How much for N20,000 for 5 months? That's N100,000. Let him not be received the company won't pay him that much even he carry them go court.

The earlier he resigns, the better.

please where can I find staff like this??
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by asiwaju: 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
20k Salary in Lagos,What a Country,Unbelievable.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by nairabetguru(m): 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2015
Dammyjohn:

No.Buhari ke.You no talk that one well.
grin
that the way forward my brother
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by acidtalk: 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
initiate:

please where can I find staff like this??

Only one is my staff they others aren't.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by armadeo(m): 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2015
Your bro is unemployed. I am surprised he didn't know this since December. How e do Christmas.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by okpamson15(m): 5:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
excellent2013:
My brother work as a security in a water processing company in lagos. he was employed last year sept. on monthly salary of 20k, since oct. its been one story or the other. the factory was closed december but the security were told to be coming for work. all attempt to see the owner of the company have not been successful. how can he recover his money (100k)?
similar case of U.B.E.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by xtervaganza(m): 6:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
obua:
religious sheep, the company is bankrupt but he still asked the security to keep reporting to work

Keep defending your fraudster pastors
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by chilan: 6:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
excellent2013:
My brother work as a security in a water processing company in lagos. he was employed last year sept. on monthly salary of 20k, since oct. its been one story or the other. the factory was closed december but the security were told to be coming for work. all attempt to see the owner of the company have not been successful. how can he recover his money (100k)?
We are experts at collection of debt via legal procedings at a considerate price. Call 08035533560
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Dammyjohn(m): 7:19am On Mar 07, 2015
nairabetguru:

grin
No!The only way forward is President GEJ.Buhari will only take us back instead of taking us to the front.You just think about when he was a military Head of States during his administration.Man think very well before you vote for the wrong person.
Re: Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. by Dammyjohn(m): 7:21am On Mar 07, 2015
nairabetguru:

grin
No!The only way forward is President GEJ.Buhari will only take us back instead of taking us to the front.You just think about when he was a military Head of States during his administration.Man think very well before you vote for the wrong person.Up GEJ!Up PDP!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Top Revealing Secrets On How Best To Conquer Fear Of Business Start-ups / Blue-collar Job In The UK Or White-collar Job In Nigeria? / A Bad Day In The Office And How To Bounce Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.