Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? (26684 Views)

7 Unexpected Signs You're More Successful Than You Think / Why Do Civil Servants Expect Kickbacks For Doing Their Normal Jobs? / Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by Mbkite(m): 10:51am On May 26, 2015
What should be your response? or what are you expected to do? or what could be the implication? If your employer continue paying you, when you are actually doing nothing in the firm. Also note that he (employer) doesn't complain and has never threatened to drop you.

Matured answers please.... A fellow needs to know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by kilokeys(m): 10:54am On May 26, 2015
kilantaa

ile ise ajibade. grin

bros abeg make i send my CV?

on a serious note.. u should help urself. responsibilities gives room for mastery. u need to b relevant anywhere u find urself

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by Mbkite(m): 11:00am On May 26, 2015
kilokeys:
kilantaa

ile ise ajibade. grin

on a serious note.. u should help urself. responsibilities gives room for mastery. u need to b relevant anywhere u find urself
Exactly my point.

10 Likes

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by BasseyJ(m): 12:56pm On May 26, 2015
Maybe he's holding on to you for the future, he might have a plan that just someone with your set of skills might be able to do and instead of hiring again when he's ready, he might not mind paying you few months salary till d plan matures. How long has the person been paid for doing 'nothing '? Guess it gives you more time to perfect a skill during your time in the office doing 'nothing'.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by Mbkite(m): 1:42pm On May 26, 2015
BasseyJ:
Maybe he's holding on to you for the future, he might have a plan that just someone with your set of skills might be able to do and instead of hiring again when he's ready, he might not mind paying you few months salary till d plan matures. How long has the person been paid for doing 'nothing '? Guess it gives you more time to perfect a skill during your time in the office doing 'nothing'.
Yes he does.
What a contribution. Thanx

3 Likes

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by Mustay(m): 1:45pm On May 26, 2015
No employer will employ you if they need you not. Except it is a shady business where they have to justify the 'labor costs, trust me, the employer knows what s/he's doing. If you are new there, I would say such employer is assessing the kind of person you are. What are your goals? Of what value are you? You must remember that irrespective of the level of your output, your remuneration remains a fixed cost to the employer which must have been budgeted for. So such person must have considered the 'financial strain' your 'doing nothing' strategy will cost.

Like someone said, take up responsibilities. Add value - even if this value changes not your remuneration, it can never be taken from your EXPERIENCE!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by Mbkite(m): 2:19pm On May 26, 2015
Mustay:
No employer will employ you if they need you not. Except it is a shady business where they have to justify the 'labor costs, trust me, the employer knows what s/he's doing. If you are new there, I would say such employer is assessing the kind of person you are. What are your goals? Of what value are you? You must remember that irrespective of the level of your output, your remuneration remains a fixed cost to the employer which must have been budgeted for. So such person must have considered the 'financial strain' your 'doing nothing' strategy will cost.

Like someone said, take up responsibilities. Add value - even if this value changes not your remuneration, it can never be taken from your EXPERIENCE!
gud one. Thanx
Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by Neduzze5(m): 2:46pm On May 26, 2015
Hmmm...

It could mean soo many things.

Maybe you are being prepped up to take over from someone else.

Or you are liked by your Manager.

Or you are there just in case of some urgencies. As a part of the system, during urgencies, it will be easier for you to fill in the void than for someone that doesn't know anything about the company!

5 Likes

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 26, 2015
They are feeding you fat for sacrifice.

grin

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by Natasha247(m): 2:47pm On May 26, 2015
kilokeys:
kilantaa

ile ise ajibade. grin

I swear I miss that series like mad,very funny

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by maggilove(f): 2:47pm On May 26, 2015
BEWARE!
Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 26, 2015
Then its time to get an online degree

3 Likes

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by Sidmond: 2:47pm On May 26, 2015
Mustay:

So true

2 Likes

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by YOUNGSTUNA(m): 2:48pm On May 26, 2015
I Need not tell you nothing...Your conscience has already done that.

2 Likes

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by TVTKOKO(m): 2:48pm On May 26, 2015
On a serious note,why should you be paid doing nothing I pray you don't end up vomitting those salaries or even loosing the job. It's quite obvious that there's something fishy that your boss won't tell you about

2 Likes

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by CY09: 2:48pm On May 26, 2015
They have said it all.
Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by ShakurM(m): 2:48pm On May 26, 2015
Ask for a promotion, like a boss cool

2 Likes

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by MKO4ever(m): 2:50pm On May 26, 2015
"Ise kekere, owo nla" Abeg I nor go mind that kind of job
Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 26, 2015
lols. see active ghost worker.
Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by Neduzze5(m): 2:50pm On May 26, 2015
kennygee:
They are feeding you fat for sacrifice.

grin

Lolz... Very funny!

2 Likes

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by Elipsis: 2:50pm On May 26, 2015
Ok
Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by siegfried99(m): 2:51pm On May 26, 2015
Ise aiye ni
Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by Whobedatte(m): 2:52pm On May 26, 2015
I think the topic needs proper elucidiation
By doing nothing! You mean you sign in and sleep or perambulates the office for 8hrs and sign out? Even if you r the chairman's daughter, I don't think that is possible. No matter what, a portfolio would be created for you even needless wink
My opinion though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by raumdeuter: 2:53pm On May 26, 2015
Your destiny is being used to make money for the company

1 Like

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by accuude: 2:53pm On May 26, 2015
wink
Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by Kx: 2:54pm On May 26, 2015
Meaning your organization is either of Local Government Authority, "some BIG" banks 'somewhere" or civil service altogether.

2 Likes

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by MKO4ever(m): 2:55pm On May 26, 2015
Mustay:

Some employers are mumu oo, especially all these one-man-very-strict employers. typically what happens is that, when the employer is around, every gets serious and forming hardwork, but the moment the employer steps out, party will commence. I see this every day, because my office is typical example.

4 Likes

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by accuude: 2:55pm On May 26, 2015
You can't benefit from where u did not work.... You better do something about it

1 Like

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by accuude: 2:55pm On May 26, 2015
What you swore is what you wear..

1 Like

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by joseph1832(m): 2:55pm On May 26, 2015
Mbkite:
What should be your response? or what are you expected to do? or what could be the implication? If your employer continue paying you, when you are actually doing nothing in the firm. Also note that he (employer) doesn't complain and has never threatened to drop you.

Matured answers please.... A fellow needs to know.
Eventually your employer will either get fed up for paying you for doing nothing. Remember, "nothing lasts forever".

1 Like

Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by yemobrown(m): 2:56pm On May 26, 2015
What makes you feel the employee is not doing anything as you have claimed? What's the nature of the job you do? I need response to those questions before I proceed.
Re: When You're Being Paid For Doing Virtually Nothing: The Meaning? by pocohantas(f): 2:56pm On May 26, 2015
Na Ministry?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Good Reasons Everyone Should Be Making Money On Upwork / Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? / Start Earning Over N9,000 Daily By Writing A Few Articles!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.