Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense (3101 Views)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Capture Data Of All Igbo / I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu / Pastor Adeboye Changes Profile Picture To Jonathan, Cover Photo To Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by MayorofLagos(m): 5:14am On Mar 06, 2015
The Igbo Community in Lagos State, popularly known as Ndigbo, says they are not part of the indecent dollar sharing by President Goodluck Jonathan in Lagos State.
At a news conference in Lagos on Wednesday, spokesperson of the Igbo Community, Prof. Chris Nwokobia Eze said the Igbo were aware that some disgruntled elements among them have gone to partake in the dollar sharing but that the majority Ndigbo never took part in the sharing of the dollars and would never be part of it.

“This is not to dispute that various so-called Igbo groups are not partaking in this malfeasance. They are on their own and represent themselves, the few members of their groups and families.

“Millions of Igbo in Lagos are not part of this and we wonder how much it will take to settle all Igbo in Lagos. Those who have partaken in the sharing of dollars and naira are on their own, if we must restate this fact. They should not drag Ndigbo to their illicit business,” said Eze, who spoke under the aegis of the Association for the Defence Of Igbo Interests In Lagos.

He added that “we are concerned that the greedy and selfish interests of some self-serving Igbo masquerading as leaders of Igbo people and self serving groups stand to endanger the Igbo in Lagos in the near future hence we issued this disclaimer.”

At the press conference held in Ikeja, Lagos, southwest Nigeria, Eze said the Igbo in Lagos would vote for the All Progressives Congress, APC, as the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, had done nothing for them.

He said APC in Lagos has shown through actions and deeds that it understood what leadership was all about and had shown leadership in Lagos and made Lagos a destination for all Nigerians, especially for Ndigbo when the Federal Government under PDP had abdicated its responsibility to Nigerians.

“APC government in Lagos has made the issue of security the number one agenda and this has made it possible for Igbo businesses to thrive in Lagos. When kidnappers ravaged the South East I know many Igbo Lagosians who travelled to the village to bring their parents to Lagos. Today, Lagos is the safest state in Nigeria where Igbo sleep with both eyes closed and do their lawful businesses without molestation.

“APC government in Lagos led by Governor Babatunde Fashola fought Ebola to a standstill and effectively stopped the spread to other parts of Nigeria. This led the United Nations to declare Nigeria Ebola free. It could have been worse if not because of this courageous intervention that led the way in curbing this deadly virus in Nigeria.
“APC government in Lagos has created a conducive atmosphere for Igbo businesses to thrive in Lagos, whether it is real estate, commerce, transport, artisans, okada (motorcycle taxis), churches, construction and other professions,” he said.

He added that more than 500 Igbo are working in the Lagos State ministries and Local Governments in various capacities, including the powerful office of Commissioner for Budget and Planning.

“In Abia State, a PDP Governor, Theodore Orji sacked Igbo from Anambra, Enugu, Imo and Ebonyi states,” he said.
Eze, however, debunked the impression being created that Ndigbo were against the present wind of change in Nigeria, saying “we want to correct the impression that Ndigbo are very comfortable with the state of affairs in Nigeria as to oppose the change that is raging all over the country.

“We want to debunk the sentiment that Ndigbo have been bought to sabotage the change that is raging all over Nigeria today. We want to warn that it is wrong to bandy Igbo alongside the greedy tendencies of some traders of fortune who are doing money business with the name and fate of Ndigbo. Ndigbo are not hatchet people. Ndigbo are not Judases. Ndigbo are not money lovers that could be persuaded to sell their mothers for money.

“We are all for change and Ndigbo will maintain significant presence in the change movement sweeping all over Nigeria today. We urge Ndigbo in all parts of Lagos, who are living in Lagos because other parts of Nigeria are not offering them what Lagos is offering them, to vote for APC to consolidate their interests and gains in Lagos,” Eze stated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by MayorofLagos(m): 5:14am On Mar 06, 2015
Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by MayorofLagos(m): 5:16am On Mar 06, 2015
When kidnappers ravaged the South East I know many Igbo Lagosians who travelled to the village to bring their parents to Lagos.

shocked shocked shocked

15 Likes

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by Chynx(m): 5:20am On Mar 06, 2015
MayorofLagos:
When kidnappers ravaged the South East I know many Igbo Lagosians who travelled to the village to bring their parents to Lagos.

shocked shocked shocked

Another "uburu agbusi" on the lose!
undecided

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by dunkem21(m): 5:23am On Mar 06, 2015
MayorofLagos:

shocked shocked shocked

"Uburu Aturu"

6 Likes

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by PassingShot(m): 5:26am On Mar 06, 2015
GEJ is a leper who must be avoided by healthy humans.

12 Likes

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by Chynx(m): 5:31am On Mar 06, 2015
PassingShot:
GEJ is a leper who must be avoided by healthy humans.

"Healthy" humans like Buhari abi? grin

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by PassingShot(m): 5:44am On Mar 06, 2015
Chynx:

"Healthy" humans like Buhari abi? grin

What is this thing saying?

9 Likes

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by Perfectwazobia: 5:51am On Mar 06, 2015
There is sense in this writeup...God is in control
Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by MayorofLagos(m): 6:06am On Mar 06, 2015
We are going home next week, my mother in law is getting recognition from their clan head....she gonna get a title. Im excited, it will be my third visit to Imo in three years. They treat me like Im King.. grin grin

God bless Imo people, All Anambrarians can kiss mah @$$ angry

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by golor(m): 6:09am On Mar 06, 2015
Chai oga jona,it obvious d whole Nigeria is turning against u,im sorry jona bt truth is dat they re turning against u nt because they hate u bt because Nigeria deserve a better leader.

Take HEART mr.presido, we dnt hate u,we only want a leader who will reshape our dear country for both d rich, d poor nd d average Nigeria to live in peace nd harmony.

Vote d pples choice!

Vote buhari

7 Likes

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by CaptainAmerica1: 6:20am On Mar 06, 2015
The Igbo Community in Lagos State, popularly known as Ndigbo, says they are not part of the indecent dollar sharing by President

shocked shocked

Ibo? Not interested in dollars? Nna mehn

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by Eggcelent(m): 6:32am On Mar 06, 2015
Some stories. Anyway, it is obvious from tone of the report that the group in question was sympathetic to APC's course. Therefore, no wonder it would denigrate the PDP. It is expected in politics. However, are the group's members sure they would have rejected the money if any was offered? And would their stance still remain same?
Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by 100Cents: 6:37am On Mar 06, 2015
When is the next dollar round ?

Nonsense..

Naira is sliding seriously..
Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by Orunto: 6:41am On Mar 06, 2015
Just wait. It will soon reach U.
Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by Ngwakwe: 6:46am On Mar 06, 2015
The most ridiculous thing about this article is the source, Osundefender.

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 06, 2015
MayorofLagos:

shocked shocked shocked

Lol.I have noticed you love talking so much about the igbos. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss.I understand....

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 06, 2015
MayorofLagos:
We are going home next week, my mother in law is getting recognition from their clan head....she gonna get a title. Im excited, it will be my third visit to Imo in three years. They treat me like Im King.. grin grin

God bless Imo people, All Anambrarians can kiss mah @$$ angry

And you are even a grown up , married man with white hairs on your huge blockus.JESUS CHRIST OF NDI ARA!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 06, 2015
Thank God they were brought to Lagos not yolobaland and now that ritual killings and rape are everyday thing in South West to the extented that a wealthy politician visited his apparition and saw his father in this state of squalor because he has not been home for more that 4 decades and counting

MayorofLagos:

shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 06, 2015
Mods please this topic should not hit front page o. Any news from that OsunDefender is false.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by Trut(m): 7:08am On Mar 06, 2015
I am not surprised, whenever you see an Igbo man added a middle name or whatever that doesn't relate to Igbo or English name in his name, you better don't have anything to do with the person because he must be a 419 or saboteur.
Checkout the following names: "Prof Chris Mustapha Nwaokobia" and "Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi".
Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by stinggy(m): 7:12am On Mar 06, 2015
EggovinMma:

And you are even a grown up , married man with white hairs on your huge blockus.JESUS CHRIST OF NDI ARA!!!!

Lwkmd grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by Kakpos: 7:13am On Mar 06, 2015
I NEVER SEE BETTER IBO THAT SUPORT GOODLUCK e.g OBI, SOLUDO, MBAKA,ODUMEGWU
Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by Chynx(m): 7:27am On Mar 06, 2015
PassingShot:

What is this thing saying?

Easy mate, I know how you feel.

#SorryLoser

grin grin
Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by asadike(f): 7:39am On Mar 06, 2015
Chynx:

Another "uburu agbusi" on the lose!
undecided
lol. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by asadike(f): 7:44am On Mar 06, 2015
Lol. On election day,the same eze will be at d poll to make sure all igbos around cast their vote for jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by RoyalRoy(m): 7:44am On Mar 06, 2015
IgboMonk:
Thank God they were brought to Lagos not yolobaland and now that ritual killings and rape are everyday thing in South West to the extented that a wealthy politician visited his apparition and saw his father in this state of squalor because he has not been home for more that 4 decades and counting

Stay for school you no go gree.......... See your life?

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by oluspencer(m): 7:45am On Mar 06, 2015
Seriously the Ndigbo has to remeber that they are been treated fine in the APc controlled south west. The kind of freedom you won't enjoy in your state. Apc south-west to be more conducive to you that your home towns. You were given access to buy shops from state own shopping complex something that an ebonyi man will sweat for in Anmbra state. Igbo's are dominant figures in Ago-palace, ajah, satelite town to mentio. Some of you have 4 or 5 plots in this areas and nobody is coming to you that you've acquired so much in another man's town. Anambra boys misbehave with their blood money and still no body trouble then. Sincery I wonder why you people are ungrateful to the Yoruba's, to lagos, to Tinubu and fashola. To APc government.
Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by change9ja(f): 7:52am On Mar 06, 2015
We give u shelter, land for business, our daughters for marriage.
Yesterday while I was Passing Ladipo, I saw Some few Igbo guys Following a Masquerade (This Masquerade is an Igbo mas).
Igbos can neva allow Yorubas to carry Masquerade in Enugu.
Re: Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense by change9ja(f): 7:53am On Mar 06, 2015
SegunAdewole:
We yorubas should leave Ndigbos alone. Shebi some of us that are hypnotized by Thi.efnubbu say Igbo can go to hell with their votes. Let us see how it goes. Buhari can only win Osun state. He will lose in other southern states and middlebelt. I and my family from Ijebuland will vote GEJ. Lobatan!
Soro fun iwo ati Awon ebi e lasun.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil Swap Fraud: Aiteo, Alleged Front For GEJ & Diezani, In Buhari’s Cross-hairs / All Progressives Congress(APC) Debacle... / TVC Program, Your-View Talk Show Receives Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.