Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,988 members, 7,814,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult (3097 Views)

Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts / Eziachi: Dearest Jonathan & My Fellow Igbo Brothers / Council Of State Concludes Meeting, Says Election Will Hold This February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by makzeze: 5:37am On Mar 06, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan says his re-election will not be easy because he is faced with a stronger opposition.

Jonathan spoke yesterday on “Kakaaki” programme on the African Independent Television (AIT). The president emphasised that the opposition was today stronger for him than it was in 2011. He, however, said that the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) still had an edge over the opposition in Nigeria.
“Globally, it is more challenging for a president to secure a second term than the first tenure because people get disappointed when their expectations are not quickly met by those they voted for”.
He argued that it was the defectors from the PDP that gave the opposition its strength, saying if those defectors were to quit the opposition, they (the opposition) would crumble like a pack of cards.
Jonathan said: “I agree with you, it (his election) was easier (in 2011), but PDP is still the dominant party. There is no polling unit in Nigeria where you don’t have members of the PDP. Yes, for one reason or the other, within the party, people get angry and may even vote against PDP; but in terms of membership of the PDP, there is no party that has that spread.
“So, PDP still has the most formidable structure. PDP has better chances of winning a national election. Even the opposition will tell you if they’re realistic. Who has strengthened the opposition? Are they not the PDP elements? If you remove the PDP election from the opposition, they’ll just crumble like a pack of cards”.
The president said he believed that Nigerians should re-elect him because he had done well. He said re-electing would enable him to stabilise the various sectors of the economy in the next four years. He said if Nigerians compared the situation of the country before he became president and to his achievements in the last four years, they would want him to continue for another four years. The president described as a wicked fabrication, the allegation that he was plotting to remove the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Attahiru Jega, before the 2015 general elections.
Reiterating his commitment to free, fair and credible elections, he said no right thinking leader would want to create a situation of chaos in his/her country. Jonathan also called on the political leaders in the country to shun violence, saying “I don’t see any reason for violence during elections”.
Abducted Chibok girls not killed
The president said Boko Haram insurgents had not killed the over 200 schoolgirls of Chibok abducted last April.
He said terrorists would naturally want to display the corpses of the schoolgirls if they had killed them.
Asked why the abducted girls were yet to be rescued despite the recent success of the troops, he said: “we still have reasonable territories in the hands of Boko Haram. We promised that we must get the girls. The good story is that they (insurgents) have not killed them because the terrorists, when they kill, they display. They use it to intimidate the whole society. The girls are alive. We’ll get the girls. Luckily, we’re narrowing down the area of their (insurgents’) control. So, we will get them.”
He said terrorist activities had festered as the government initially underestimated the capacity of Boko Haram which, he noted, started as a non-violent group.”
Noting that his administration initially had difficulties to acquire necessary weapons from other nations, Jonathan said the military now has about 65 percent of the equipment required to prosecute the war against terrorism.
He also disclosed that Nigeria would go into manufacturing what he called high calibre weapons to fight terrorism.
“It got to a point where we needed some specialized equipment to use, and we don’t manufacture these equipment for now. Yes, as a nation, we’re trying…We’re going into that, but for now, we depend on getting there from other countries”, he said.\

Source:http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/48784-jonathan-my-re-election-will-be-difficult

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by ThisisBuhari: 5:40am On Mar 06, 2015
GEJ your re-election is almost impossible. The worst president ever in Nigeria's political history.

By now Jonathan must be thinking of where to stay after leaving office on 29th May 2015.

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by Chynx(m): 5:41am On Mar 06, 2015
I smell LIES!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by phlemzy: 5:46am On Mar 06, 2015
Chynx:
I smell LIES!!!
U better go & fumigate ur nose. He already realised that he has failed Nigerians in many ways with too many lie telling sycophants swarming around him.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by disloman(m): 5:47am On Mar 06, 2015
Chynx:
I smell LIES!!!
Hmmm.what a clueless being.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by deeplow: 5:47am On Mar 06, 2015
“Globally, it is more challenging for a president to secure a second term than the first tenure because people get disappointed when their expectations are not quickly met by those they voted for"

Even Jonathan acknowledges the fact that he failed to fulfill his countless campaign promises. I wonder why his supporters defend him blindly.

Nigerians have to be wise.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by omenka(m): 5:52am On Mar 06, 2015
Yet some shildren in here running up and down with diapers would be talking otherwise. Smh.

In any case sir, your re-election isn't gonna be just difficult, it would be impossible.

Please, Nigerians are simply sick of you and PDP. You guys have been so complacent, deliberately refusing to deliver on your promises, because you imagine no matter what we do, you can always rig the elections in your favour and declare yourselves winners. But with the meteoric rise in the popularity of your main challenger, largely owing to your own abysmal failure, and the introduction of the card reader, your chances of success at polls have become as unlikely as me becoming a turncoat!

Quietly leave us the hell alone. Right now Buhari is who we want. And if he feeds us with the kind of horse crap you fed us with, we would send him back to Daura just the same way. And so shall we keep changing the captain until we would find the right man with a functional compass to steer this ship in the right direction.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by omenka(m): 5:54am On Mar 06, 2015
Chynx:
I smell LIES!!!
Close your armpit and you'd see the "lies" would stop smelling.

You can as well get a deodorant.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 06, 2015
Pls, change the title to "GEJ Re-election will be Impossible"

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by golor(m): 6:03am On Mar 06, 2015
Mr president,if u said it will be difficult to re-elect u dat will b an understatement,say it is impossible to vote u cos of ur mass failure in all area of ur gvt.

Good pple of our dear country,dnt forget march 28 is d day,let us come out massively to vote d pples GeNERAL.

Vote CHANGE

Vote APC

Vote BUHARI.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by alaoeri: 6:10am On Mar 06, 2015
Jona finally waking up from his slumber besides nothing like reelection for you, otuoke straight by road come May 29.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by DaGC(m): 6:16am On Mar 06, 2015
I'm simply appalled by some of the posters above me. Saying Nigerians or the masses wont vote GEJ, I'm a Nigerian and a part of the masses, and I'll vote GEJ.
It might be difficult, but its surely not impossible.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by Lavidah: 6:17am On Mar 06, 2015
Na now you dey know abi?
That PDP 'wuru wuru' will not be easy this time around.
No more business as usual... Shakara don end o!
Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by Eggcelent(m): 6:21am On Mar 06, 2015
The President, no doubt, could lay claim to some achievements. However, are they sufficient to ensure his re-election. I'll largely say "NO". From his body language to corruption to management of the economy; this administration hasn't done well enough. Notwithstanding the above, it is worth noting that elections in Nigeria are not won on competence/performance alone. Issues like religion, ethnicity, widespread poverty, ignorance of democratic tenets, weak institutions, etc all play some parts which may mean GEJ retains the Presidential seat.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by cyril83(m): 6:25am On Mar 06, 2015
The way this man goes around to admit failure shows that he would have been the best president in africa if he doesn't have the likes of doyin okupe, reuben abati, okonjo iweala, allinson maduekwe, nyesom wike, aba mor.on and dame patience around him. He lost the battle the day G5 defected to the opposition especially ameachi, obasanjo exit is no threat to him but will be missed in rigging department. His wife appears to be his number one problem, this woman caused him most of the insult he gets from the people. I like him but he's just too clueless and dunce to move 9ja forward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by minister2015: 6:28am On Mar 06, 2015
GEJ has got a date with Otuoke come may29! U've said it all, when promises n expectations r not met people get disappointed.
sai Baban Zahra/Kiki.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by olaboy001(m): 6:31am On Mar 06, 2015
The problem with Nigeria is that our people are always blinded by their ethnic prejudices. It should be clear to any right thinking Nigerian that GEJ has failed Nigeria as president. He has failed to keep any single promise he made to Nigerians in 2011. On security, he is an abysmal failure. On the economic front his government has reversed much of the gains of the previous years. His ministers spend money as if its paper. His government is hardly accountable to anyone. Now that Oil prices are down in the world market, GEJ’s government are unable to account for the “excess crude account” they have saved up over several months.
Buhari may be a grumpy old general, but I think it’s time to do things differently.
Click Like For GMB, Share For PYO.. No space for GEJ...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by myweb(m): 6:39am On Mar 06, 2015
Wait a minute, does a pack of card crumbles? Our ph.d presido should no more than this. I'm still doubting this guy's p.hd.

He said he has transform things. I believe not only is the president non performing, he is ignorant too of what WE need and he should do.

Concerning national party, this is the first time in Nigeria history opposition will be as strong as the ruling party. Apc as it is now can match pdp man to man every zones in nigeria. Another reason our is so ignorant of his sorroundings. Wanna put your life in the hand of the man who does not KNOW for the next four years?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by kheart(m): 6:43am On Mar 06, 2015
#shocked# no be dis man talk say even if dey merge 10 opposition together PDP go flog dem easily just some few days ago.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by san316(m): 6:47am On Mar 06, 2015
It will not be difficult...

it will be impossible

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:49am On Mar 06, 2015
Even bros knows he hasn't done well

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 06, 2015
You self know
Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by Bashirfuntua(m): 6:54am On Mar 06, 2015
chai
Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by ellguapo: 7:01am On Mar 06, 2015
omenka:
Yet some shildren in here running up and down with diapers would be talking otherwise. Smh.

In any case sir, your re-election isn't gonna be just difficult, it would be impossible.

Please, Nigerians are simply sick of you and PDP. You guys have been so complacent, deliberately refusing to deliver on your promises, because you imagine no matter what we do, you can always rig the elections in your favour and declare yourselves winners. But with the meteoric rise in the popularity of your main challenger, largely owing to your own abysmal failure, and the introduction of the card reader, your chances of success at polls have become as unlikely as me becoming a turncoat!

Quietly leave us the hell alone. Right now Buhari is who we want. And if he feeds us with the kind of horse crap you fed us with, we would send him back to Daura just the same way. And so shall we keep changing the captain until we would find the right man with a functional compass to steer this ship in the right direction.

^^^
Bolded* is the point exactly!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by Orunto: 7:02am On Mar 06, 2015
God makes it so to prove Himself to Nigerians.
Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by stinggy(m): 7:04am On Mar 06, 2015
minister2015:
GEJ has got a date with Otuoke come may29! U've said it all, when promises n expectations r not met people get disappointed.
sai Baban Zahra/Kiki.

He should be arranging a novelty match already, for his 'grand welcome' cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by saaedlee: 7:10am On Mar 06, 2015
Transportation to Otuoke won't be

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 06, 2015
Don't waste your vote for a known failure.

DaGC:
I'm simply appalled by some of the posters above me. Saying Nigerians or the masses wont vote GEJ, I'm a Nigerian and a part of the masses, and I'll vote GEJ.
It might be difficult, but its surely not impossible.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by DaGC(m): 7:13am On Mar 06, 2015
PUSH1:
Don't waste your vote for a known failure.

Well, like you said, its my vote smiley
Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by jossayo(m): 7:21am On Mar 06, 2015
Just like his boss oga jona
disloman:
Hmmm.what a clueless being.
Re: Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult by fritiyo: 8:03am On Mar 06, 2015
deeplow:
“Globally, it is more challenging for a president to secure a second term than the first tenure because people get disappointed when their expectations are not quickly met by those they voted for"

Even Jonathan acknowledges the fact that he failed to fulfill his countless campaign promises. I wonder why his supporters defend him blindly.

Nigerians have to be wise.

Global dictator and killers has no place in the democratic process of their country yet fools who are blind dumb are supporting buhari.

The most amiable character of a leader is to accept and apologize for his or her short comings while in office.
How many times as buhari come to accept is failure and brutal rule that left so many orphans, widows and widowers?

Obama did not achieve heaven earth for Americans before they voted him for second term.
we may not appreciate the fact that gej has been humble enough to say things most leaders will not admit even when they fail e g OBJ, BUHARI ETC.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The So Called Northern Agenda by ibnsultan / BREAKING!!! Biafra: South-east APC Demands Kanu’s Release / Happy Birthday To A Great Visionary Of Our Time. Governor Nyesom Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.