Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Relationship Issues - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Issues (2032 Views)

Whatssapp Relationship Issues And Tips Group Chat / Relationship Issues: Women Confiding In Friends Are More Likely To Breakup. / Pastor Bankie: Questions And Answers On Your Marriage And Relationship Issues(1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Issues by Demy2015: 8:35am On Mar 06, 2015
I
Re: Relationship Issues by sinaj(f): 8:44am On Mar 06, 2015
Re: Relationship Issues by alberto2k(m): 8:45am On Mar 06, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Relationship Issues by dexpendable(m): 8:46am On Mar 06, 2015
I think she's been insecure even with the thought of you not staying around. so the whole thing was a 50-50 for her. She took her chances and then you spilled it up.. so she had to go for the other choice.

You've to get back to Nigeria to sought things out.

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Issues by gede7744(f): 8:47am On Mar 06, 2015
what do l ve to say self.........

l nearly broke my sight trying to comprehend ur post

u came to nija for a month u did everything together even met each other family. now u ve issues with her cos of her past.
is like she had done a lot of abortion and he had abt 4bf. l beg how old is she?

now according to u she is forming hard to get.

anyway my advice........ give it a rest. stop calling and acting desperate. let's see how it play out
Re: Relationship Issues by Demy2015: 8:55am On Mar 06, 2015
gede7744:
what do l ve to say self.........

l nearly broke my sight trying to comprehend ur post

u came to nija for a month u did everything together even met each other family. now u ve issues with her cos of her past.
is like she had done a lot of abortion and he had abt 4bf. l beg how old is she?

now according to u she is forming hard to get.

anyway my advice........ give it a rest. stop calling and acting desperate. let's see how it play out

Desperate?? Did u read the post at all? Dont get you
Re: Relationship Issues by Demy2015: 8:57am On Mar 06, 2015
dexpendable:
I think she's been insecure even with the thought of you not staying around. so the whole thing was a 50-50 for her. She took her chances and then you spilled it up.. so she had to go for the other choice.

You've to get back to Nigeria to sought things out.

The other choice?? I agree with most of what u have said but i have really tried reassuring her. I am not back in Nigeria for a while though (3months)
Re: Relationship Issues by MisterLongman(m): 9:07am On Mar 06, 2015
She really needs to work on herself
Re: Relationship Issues by Demy2015: 9:09am On Mar 06, 2015
MisterLongman:
She really needs to work on herself

Pls explain?
Re: Relationship Issues by Melahou(m): 9:36am On Mar 06, 2015
I suggest you focus on what ever you are doing in France...
you are only been distracted.

how many months and you have started having issues
besides you are not even around...

you`ll only be used as a "shoe Shiner"

let her go cos nothing go will come out of it believe me
Re: Relationship Issues by shindarayo(f): 9:36am On Mar 06, 2015
D prob isnt wt d gurl nor u.d prob is wt d past u find hard to forget.wldnt say she doesnt love u shes just trying to mk uu decide if u rily love her enuff to overlook her past, she wants u to mk dt decision alone and not because she wants u to.she wants u to understand dt she hs a past wch cant b erased, its left for u to either deal wt it or Leave.judging ftm ur story, its like uv md it obvious ure bothered abt her past and she knws dis wld alws b a barrier btw u both if u decide to not forget.she knws wat she wants inspite of wat shes bn tru, its left for u to realrlise if u rily want to forge ahead wt ur relationship with her. ...if ure sure u love her enough please try to forget, every lady has a dark past, and it takes courage to open up to our loved ones, u should respect her for dt.in the end follow ur heart but use ur head
Re: Relationship Issues by Demy2015: 9:43am On Mar 06, 2015
Melahou:
I suggest you focus on what ever you are doing in France...
you are only been distracted.

how many months and you have started having issues
besides you are not even around...

you`ll only be used as a "shoe Shiner"

let her go cos nothing go will come out of it believe me

Was expecting something like this. Been distracted as in ? Shoe shiner? I guess i am just surprised how girls can seem so in love and then just dont care.
Re: Relationship Issues by Melahou(m): 9:49am On Mar 06, 2015
Demy2015:

Was expecting something like this. Been distracted as in ? Shoe shiner? I guess i am just surprised how girls can seem so in love and then just dont care.

you can never predict most girls...
if only you can see tru their hrt...you`ll be shocked shocked
Re: Relationship Issues by Demy2015: 9:51am On Mar 06, 2015
Melahou:

you can never predict most girls...
if only you can see tru their hrt...you`ll be shocked shocked

lo fair enough
Re: Relationship Issues by Demy2015: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2015
shindarayo:
D prob isnt wt d gurl nor u.d prob is wt d past u find hard to forget.wldnt say she doesnt love u shes just trying to mk uu decide if u rily love her enuff to overlook her past, she wants u to mk dt decision alone and not because she wants u to.she wants u to understand dt she hs a past wch cant b erased, its left for u to either deal wt it or Leave.judging ftm ur story, its like uv md it obvious ure bothered abt her past and she knws dis wld alws b a barrier btw u both if u decide to not forget.she knws wat she wants inspite of wat shes bn tru, its left for u to realrlise if u rily want to forge ahead wt ur relationship with her. ...if ure sure u love her enough please try to forget, every lady has a dark past, and it takes courage to open up to our loved ones, u should respect her for dt.in the end follow ur heart but use ur head

I totally agree with you. Thats what i have read. But I have made her realise i will get over it but she insists we should stay broken up until i come back to Nigeria at least. Then we can look at things again. I actaully feel maybe she's taking the chance to be single again. How can i show her it wont be a problem though? We got together so fast i did not get to work on forgetting her past. I am even annoyed she told me (even though i asked). But i feel bad i made regret it.
Re: Relationship Issues by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 06, 2015
deal with your insecurities about her past or you move on

the answer lies deep within you
Re: Relationship Issues by bakynes(m): 11:27am On Mar 06, 2015
I really pity you people doing overseas love, is a different thing if you met her here and mayb later travelled out bt u met her online or you guys were match made by a friend and started dating, do you really think she doesn't have someone she is dating over here. Just forget abt d girl find yourself a girl in Paris and move on it won't work if you are based in France and she is in Nigeria.
Re: Relationship Issues by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 06, 2015
Yes girls can change that quick when the guy is picking on a past neither of you can control.
Re: Relationship Issues by Demy2015: 12:30pm On Mar 06, 2015
blackchukky:
deal with your insecurities about her past or you move on

the answer lies deep within you

Makes alot of sense. I like her alot but i still struggle with it. I believe i will get over it with time. What do u mean by the answer lies within me though?
Re: Relationship Issues by Demy2015: 12:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
bakynes:
I really pity you people doing overseas love, is a different thing if you met her here and mayb later travelled out bt u met her online or you guys were match made by a friend and started dating, do you really think she doesn't have someone she is dating over here. Just forget abt d girl find yourself a girl in Paris and move on it won't work if you are based in France and she is in Nigeria.

You have a point to an extent. yes long distance relationship does not work but we were not complete strangers from the start. We started talking online but realised we could have met before. My sisters and cousins know her (although they are not great friends), her dad and my uncle her colleagues and I know her best friends brother. All this made it easy to bond. She also wanted the relationship as much i did. I do agree that one month is not long enough to hold a long distance relationship. Of course she is a girl and guys would be after her even married women with kids get that. Just the complete change in beaviour surprises me
Re: Relationship Issues by Demy2015: 12:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
andromida:
Yes girls can change that quick when the guy is picking on a past neither of you can control.

I was not picking on her past. yes it bothered me but its only normal trust me. Was dealing with it. But how can a girl who says she is in love with you just change and not look back (or hasnt).Granted i was not the best person but still she felt comfortable enough to introduce me to her parent and close friends. I guess we just have different orientation

Hey i have looked at some of your post and like the way u reason.
Re: Relationship Issues by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
If u cant take the past,why dig into it...u don't judge pple COs u might do worse if u were in their shoes....wt what she has bn tru,ts normal if she is insecured...You Av to be very matured in the way u handle d relationship as her man.....God help u both
Re: Relationship Issues by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
Demy2015:

Makes alot of sense. I like her alot but i still struggle with it. I believe i will get over it with time. What do u mean by the answer lies within me though?

il faut que tu fait confiance à votre-meme de prendre le meilleur decision
Re: Relationship Issues by Demy2015: 1:08pm On Mar 06, 2015
Modesayo:
If u cant take the past,why dig into it...u don't judge pple COs u might do worse if u were in their shoes....wt what she has bn tru,ts normal if she is insecured...You Av to be very matured in the way u handle d relationship as her man.....God help u both

You are right. I have done worse already sef. I was not judging tho it just was something that bugged me. I still tried as much as possible to take care of her and make her feel comfortbale
Re: Relationship Issues by ronald4lif(m): 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2015
You insisted a girl tell you her past and she gladly obliged then turn around to use it against her? Yes that's what you are doing by not getting over it. It's never easy for a girl to open up about her past, especially when it's dirty and unfavourable. But she did, and gladly so. For her to tell you the truth about her tells a lot about her person, positively. We all don't have a perfect past and judging people by their past life experience is never the best thing to do. I understand your worries about her past life and if indeed there won't be a re-occurrence in the future, I will be worried too, but you have to let it slide. Or would you have preferred she portray a holy Mary past? Guess not.

Often times, I wonder why guys make it so much an issue when girlfriends spend much time on social media platforms. Yes it's true social media serves as a gateway for cheating but there are a tens of different reasons why people engage themselves on media than cheating. And a cheat will cheat even if they don't have Internet access. I think the decision of you telling her to reduce her social media presence was not properly thought out. You both just started a relationship and you came up with such? She may be thinking you may not allow her talk to any man when you eventually end up together, even a 'hi' to a man could spring up unnecessary issues. The relationship is too nascent to be having many argument and for attempting to gag her rights to exercising freedom on social media.

Also, I think you've given her reasons to develop uncertainties about the relationship and that's why she said those stuffs. She's having great doubts of where the relationship is heading not that she doesn't love you anymore like she earlier claimed. The love is still there (if it was ever there before) but she just needs re-assurance of your love. She's scared of losing you just like you're scared of losing her too. Forget the talk of you both should just be friends until you get back to Nigeria again, that's baseless. Keep being nice, showing her some love and more love, she will come around. Finally, work on your trust issues too. The relationship (especially a distance one) is heading no where without trust. All the best mate!

1 Like

Re: Relationship Issues by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
Demy2015:

I was not picking on her past. yes it bothered me but its only normal trust me. Was dealing with it. But how can a girl who says she is in love with you just change and not look back (or hasnt).Granted i was not the best person but still she felt comfortable enough to introduce me to her parent and close friends. I guess we just have different orientation

Hey i have looked at some of your post and like the way u reason.

Give her some time she may come around and if she is done well its life.

Thank you.
Re: Relationship Issues by Demy2015: 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
ronald4lif:
You insisted a girl tell you her past and she gladly obliged then turn around to use it against her? Yes that's what you are doing by not getting over it. It's never easy for a girl to open up about her past, especially when it's dirty and unfavourable. But she did, and gladly so. For her to tell you the truth about her tells a lot about her person, positively. We all don't have a perfect past and judging people by their past life experience is never the best thing to do. I understand your worries about her past life and if indeed there won't be a re-occurrence in the future, I will be worried too, but you have to let it slide. Or would you have preferred she portray a holy Mary past? Guess not.

Often times, I wonder why guys make it so much an issue when girlfriends spend much time on social media platforms. Yes it's true social media serves as a gateway for cheating but there are a tens of different reasons why people engage themselves on media than cheating. And a cheat will cheat even if they don't have Internet access. I think the decision of you telling her to reduce her social media presence was not properly thought out. You both just started a relationship and you came up with such? She may be thinking you may not allow her talk to any man when you eventually end up together, even a 'hi' to a man could spring up unnecessary issues. The relationship is too nascent to be having many argument and for attempting to gag her rights to exercising freedom on social media.

Also, I think you've given her reasons to develop uncertainties about the relationship and that's why she said those stuffs. She's having great doubts of where the relationship is heading not that she doesn't love you anymore like she earlier claimed. The love is still there (if it was ever there before) but she just needs re-assurance of your love. She's scared of losing you just like you're scared of losing her too. Forget the talk of you both should just be friends until you get back to Nigeria again, that's baseless. Keep being nice, showing her some love and more love, she will come around. Finally, work on your trust issues too. The relationship (especially a distance one) is heading no where without trust. All the best mate!

Very good one mate. She actually never said she did not love anymore. She said she still does but we need a break. Yes i know i played a big part in what has happened its just the chnage in attitude that is surprising.
Re: Relationship Issues by ivyy(f): 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2015
Demy2015:

I totally agree with you. Thats what i have read. But I have made her realise i will get over it but she insists we should stay broken up until i come back to Nigeria at least. Then we can look at things again. I actaully feel maybe she's taking the chance to be single again. How can i show her it wont be a problem though? We got together so fast i did not get to work on forgetting her past. I am even annoyed she told me (even though i asked). But i feel bad i made regret it.

You are very correct mayb she wants to be single again or you were too choky. You can't move ahead with someone en you can not even get over their past. That wld cause a lot of naging from your end and wld alwys create problems. My gues is she feels exactly that way about you and got feedup she obviously loves her freedom more than she does for you. Or she never loved you.

Since uve tried your best. Try leave her alone. Move on with your life ud meet someone who's for you.
I hope uve learnt a or two from this experience? Cheers

1 Like

Re: Relationship Issues by Demy2015: 5:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
ivyy:

You are very correct mayb she wants to be single again or you were too choky. You can't move ahead with someone en you can not even get over their past. That wld cause a lot of naging from your end and wld alwys create problems. My gues is she feels exactly that way about you and got feedup she obviously loves her freedom more than she does for you. Or she never loved you.

Since uve tried your best. Try leave her alone. Move on with your life ud meet someone who's for you.
I hope uve learnt a or two from this experience? Cheers

I have no problem with if she loves to be single again. LDR is alot of stress and i now i realise why people stay away from it. What i do not understand is why she went through all the effort to make it work if she would bail. She still says she loves me but cannot deal with my wahala. I have left her tho just always good to get nairalander view points. S
Re: Relationship Issues by ivyy(f): 5:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
Demy2015:

I have no problem with if she loves to be single again. LDR is alot of stress and i now i realise why people stay away from it. What i do not understand is why she went through all the effort to make it work if she would bail. She still says she loves me but cannot deal with my wahala. I have left her tho just always good to get nairalander view points. S

Yea I get. She bailed coz
1) Suddenly realised she cldnt keep up with the ldr especially with your trust issues. Trust is very vital for any ldr to work
2)She's fallen for some other guy who's not away
Re: Relationship Issues by Demy2015: 5:47pm On Mar 06, 2015
ivyy:

Yea I get. She bailed coz
1) Suddenly realised she cldnt keep up with the ldr especially with your trust issues. Trust is very vital for any ldr to work
2)She's fallen for some other guy who's not away

number 2 is what is in my head and makes me annoyed. While i cant prove it i just cant see how she can be single and not want to talk to me. She was "in love" 3 weeks ago. It only makes sense that she is getting another attention from some guy cos i dont see another option. That annoys me becos i told her about all this and she said she was going to hold on. Why would she meet my folks and let me see hers. Very complicated thing. Its aight tho
Re: Relationship Issues by ronald4lif(m): 11:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
Demy2015:

Very good one mate. She actually never said she did not love anymore. She said she still does but we need a break. Yes i know i played a big part in what has happened its just the chnage in attitude that is surprising.

For me I think that's another gimmick women use for shakara. She prolly just want you to make her feel more wanted and appreciated. And if love this babe just give her what she desire, keep bombarding her with love and smooth talking, hopefully she'll come around soonest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just April Fooled My Bae / Does This Trick Works On Ladies? / Funny Ways Of Getting Most 9ja Babes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.